Monsieur rom...
罗姆先生
Opar.
欧帕
We found it.
我们找到了
Captain moulle?
穆勒上尉
Form your lines.
准备战斗
Maxims ready, sir!
马克沁机♥枪♥准备完毕
Steady.
准备射击
Wait.
预备
Fire!
开火
Fall in!
集♥合♥
Stand your ground!
守住阵地
Chief mbonga, I presume?
我猜你就是邦加酋长吧
How do you know my name?
你怎么会知道我的名字?
You're the man I came to see.
我就是专程来找你的
These are what you came for.
你是来找这个的吧
What would you do for them?
你想拿什么来换?
Whatever is necessary.
你想要什么都行
There is one thing i desire above all else.
只有一个要求,除此之外,我别无他求
Bring it to me.
只要你能
Bring him to me.
带着他来见我
And you shall have your diamonds.
你就能得到钻石
All I need is a name.
告诉我他的名字
His serene highness, king Leopold of Belgium,
尊敬的比利时利奥波德国王陛下
has extended an invitation to lord greystoke
隆重向格雷斯托克大人发出了邀请
to take a royal tour of the Congo free state
请你前往刚果自♥由♥邦作皇家巡游
to visit the schools and churches he's built
访问国王陛下创建的学校和教堂
to acknowledge the success of his anti-slavery initiatives
领略国王陛下倡导反奴隶运动的成果
and to open trade discussions.
进行拓展商务洽谈领域
Lord greystoke, let me explain the Africa situation.
格雷斯托克大人 我来介绍一下非洲目前的状况
King Leopold controls the Congo.
利奥波德国王全程掌控着刚果
He's defaulting on his loans,
他急需一个商务合伙人
and needs a business partner to fill the gap.
来填补他目前财务上的巨大亏空
Your invitation is a perfect opportunity
因此您的这份请柬对于催促
for her majesty's government to get involved.
英女王的参与就是个极好的机会
Consider the jobs we would create for the poor natives of the Congo.
因为此举将为可怜的刚果带来无可估量的就业机会
And I thought the civil war was long.
你的废话比南北战争还长
Dr. Williams, you are a guest here.
威廉斯博士 您在这里是客人
Prime minister, if you're not going to say it,
首相先生 如果你不打算说的话
allow me.
我来说
You are Tarzan!
你 可是泰山
Lord of the apes, king of the jungle.
众猿之首 森林之王
"Me Tarzan, you Jane!"
我是泰山 你是珍
Tarzan! Tarzan.
泰山 泰山
King Leopold's inviting you because you're a celebrity.
利奥波德国王邀请你 因为你是一位名人
He wants to show you the schools and churches he built.
他想让您看看他创建的学校和教堂
You "ooh" and "ah" in front of the newspapers,
希望能得到你在媒体前的惊奇和赞誉
and he's validated by Africa's favorite son.
这可是非洲厚爱之子对他的肯定
England pays his debts. We make money.
英国为他还债 而我们可以赚钱
Ham sandwich! Easy! Hmm.
简值是易如反掌 很简单
So, your majesties,
那么 尊贵的先生们
can we get this show on the road?
这场好戏可以开演了吗
No. No? For heaven's sake, why not?
不 上帝 为什么
Well, I've already seen Africa.
因为 我很了解非洲
And it's hot.
那儿很热
Excuse me? Did you say hot?
什么意思 你说热
Please send my apologies to his serene highness.
请向国王陛下转达我的歉意
And my name isn't Tarzan.
而且我的名字不是泰山
It's John Clayton the third.
是约翰克莱顿三世
Son of John and lady Alice Clayton.
约翰和爱丽丝克莱顿的儿子
Fifth Earl of greystoke, member of the house of lords.
第五代格雷斯托克伯爵 上议院的议员
Mr. Clayton.
克莱顿先生
Lord Clayton.
克莱顿先生
My apologies. George Washington Williams.
很抱歉 我是乔治·华盛顿·威廉斯
Diplomatic envoy for the United States.
美国外交使节
I was sent by president Harrison.
受哈里森总统委托而来
To do what?
来做什么
Join up with the queen's emissary.
与女王陛下的使臣回合
America was the first country to recognize king Leopold's claim on the Congo.
美国是第一个承认利奥波德国王对刚果的统治权的国家
You don't want to lose your place at the trough.
要是去晚了就来不及了
Look...
听着
I need your invitation to get in.
我需要您的邀请才能入境
I'm afraid my intentions aren't exactly
其实我真正的目的
what I expressed to your government or mine.
跟我说我们两国政♥府♥的不太一样
And what exactly do you want, Dr. Williams?
你到底有什么目的 威廉斯博士
Leopold spent the last seven years getting control of the Congo.
利奥波德花了7年时间实现了对刚果的统治
He used up his entire fortune building that railroad of his,
他花了所有的钱来修建铁路
then shut off access to 99% of the country.
却关闭了外界通向这个国家99%的路口
Why?
为什么?
Because he wants to be the first monarch in history
难道他想成为历史上第一个
who doesn't want people to see his good deeds?
不想让人们看见自己善举的君王吗
I don't buy it.
鬼才信呢
Tell me this, lord Clayton.
请问 克莱顿大人
How does a bankrupt king keep the whole of the Congo working?
一个破了产的国王凭什么能搞定刚果?
Slavery?
是奴隶制
I hope I'm wrong, but I need to know.
但愿我错了 但我需要确认
And for the sake of your friends back home,
而您为了家乡同胞
you do, too.
也该如此
Accept Leopold's invitation and take me with you.
请接受利奥波德国王的邀请并且带上我
You know Africa off the beaten path.
你知道非洲和一般的地方不一样
The languages, the people, the customs.
语言 民风 习俗
If we find anything amiss,
如果我们找到不对劲的地方
then I need someone to tell the world
得有个大家都相信的人跟我一起
that they'll believe.
告诉全世界
I'll make all the arrangements. I'll see you in liverpool.
我会安排好一切的 我们利物浦见
My family.
我的家人
I have done all i can to protect them.
为了保护他们我已经竭尽全力
We have been surrounded by predators since the shipwreck.
自从那场海难之后我们就陷入猛兽的包围之中
The jungle consumes everything.
丛林吞噬着一切
It preys on the old, the sick, the wounded, the weak.
只要是老弱病残就无法幸免于难
But never the strong.
但是强者例外
Today, I buried my Alice.
今天我埋葬了我的爱丽丝
My dear Alice.
我亲爱的爱丽丝
Now I fear for my child.
我现在最担心的是孩子
God help us.
上帝保佑我们
God help him.
上帝保佑他
The most dangerous beast in Africa is so powerful,
这种非洲最危险的野兽强大无比
it can snap a crocodile's back with a single bite.
它能在一瞬间咬断鳄鱼的背脊
Anyone?
是什么?
Is it a hippopotamus?
答案是不是河马?
Yes! Precisely. Well done, Mary.
对 非常正确 非常好 玛丽
Now,
现在
can anyone tell me what my favorite bird sounds like?
有谁知道 我最喜欢的鸟是怎么叫的吗
Anyone?
谁知道
Look at his hands!
快看他的手
Whoa!
哇 哇
I grew up running on all fours.
我从小就被手脚并用着跑
It changed the bone structure.
骨骼结构有些异常
Do you swing on things inside?
你在屋子里会飞荡着走吗?
Like when you go upstairs?
比如说上楼梯的时候
Oh, I never take the stairs.
我从来不走楼梯的
I usually take the curtains.
仗着窗帘就上去了
Is it true your mum was a monkey?
你的母亲真的是一只猴子吗
Well, of course not. My mum was Alice Clayton.
当然不是 我母亲是爱丽丝克莱顿
I can't wait to see wasimbu again.
太期待见到瓦辛布啦
How many children would he have now? Jane.
他该有多少个小孩 珍
We know about keko. She's what, four?
还有小凯科 她现在应该? 四岁?
Everyone would have children. Jane.
每个人都会有子孩的 珍
I mean, eight years just feels like a lifetime!
八年感觉好像是过了一辈子
This isn't a holiday.
这可不是去休假
How many corsets does a diplomat bring?
外交眷属会带几件塑身衣
电影精选列表