你为什么不去问他?
Why don't you go ask him?
It's okay. I won't tell the '80s police. Shut up.
我还在这里 泰丝
I'm still here, Tess.
斯凯?
Sky?
泰丝? -我在睡觉
Tess? I'm sleeping.
我走的时候你就在睡 我都值两班了
I just did a double shift. You were asleep when I left.
你吃过东西了吗?
Did you even eat anything?
我不饿
I'm not hungry.
麻烦你能让我睡吗?
Can you please just let me sleep?
不
No. No, no, no, no! No, no, no, no...
不
No, no, no. No, no...
不
No.
嗨
Hi.
泰莎?-我得跟桃丽丝谈谈
Tessa? Uh, I gotta talk to Doris.
等一下
Hang on a second.
让我…等等 泰莎
Let me-- Wait, Tessa.
怎么… -她的家人今早接她回家了
What-- Her family took her home this morning.
我们已经无能为力了 你还好吗 亲爱的?
There was nothing more we could do. Are you okay, honey?
我就是今天没吃饭而已
Um, I just haven't-- I haven't eaten today.
知道吗?让我给你检查一下
Um-- You know what, let me check you out.
你为什么要找桃丽丝聊聊?
Why do you need to talk to Doris so bad? It's just--
跟她之前跟我谈过的事有关 关于来世的
It's about what she was telling me before. It's about the afterlife.
也许那个疯婆子其实一点也不疯
Maybe that old coot isn't so crazy after all.
什么意思? -你的心跳很快但很健康
What do you mean? Your heartbeat is fast, but it sounds healthy.
什么?等等 你刚才说什么?什么意思?
Wait, what do you-- What were you saying? What do you mean?
桃丽丝告诉我你会来找她
Doris told me you'd come looking for her.
她还给你留了东西
She even left you something.
她的书
Her book.
泰莎 我在这里看过很多死亡和悲伤
Tessa, I have seen a lot of dying and grieving in my time here.
沉迷于过去对任何人都没帮助
Looking back never helped anyone.
不管是生是死
There's either life or there's death.
生死之间没有交界
There's no place in-between.
我要去找他
I'm gonna find him.
生死之间是什么样子?
What does the in-between look like?
如果没有参照
Well, we as living beings can never imagine it.
我们作为活人是无法想象的
We have no reference.
这就好像跟盲人描述日落的样子
It would be like trying to describe a sunset to a blind man.
技术的进步让捉鬼
Technological advances
成为合理存在的领域 我的朋友达琳
have made ghost-hunting a legitimate field. My friend Darlene,
她把全光谱数码相机借给了我
she let me borrow her full-spectrum digital camera.
这个小家伙能捕捉到人眼看不见的光
This baby can pick up light well beyond the human eye,
还有红外夜视功能
with infrared night vision--
(车祸发生65天前)
独♥立♥日快乐
Well, happy Fourth of July.
我不知道 我有点喜欢这种天气
I don't know. I actually kind of like this weather. Don't call me.
你觉得这样烟花表演会取消吗?
So, you think this means the fireworks are canceled?
我想是的
I think so, yeah. Yeah.
嘿 -嘿
Hey. Hey.
你没事吧? -没事
You okay? Yeah.
斯凯勒 泰丝说你要去布朗大学
Skylar, Tess says you're going to Brown.
恭喜 -谢谢
Congrats! Thank you.
你读的是什么专业?
What are you gonna study?
哦 可能是拉丁文
Probably Latin.
这个专业真实用
That'll come in handy.
你永远不知道什么时候会见到教皇
You never know when you're gonna meet the Pope or something.
或者需要进行驱魔
Or need to conduct an exorcism.
很好 谢谢
Nice. That's nice.
我不知道 我只是不想将来后悔
I don't know. I just don't want to have any regrets, you know?
我想过不同的生活
I wanna live a bunch of different lives.
如果我不去旅行
What's the point of speaking all these languages
会说多门语言有什么意义?
if I'm not gonna travel the world and use them, you know?
我们走
Let's go.
我们要去看电视上的烟花表演
We are going to watch the fireworks on TV.
你父母在家吗?
Are your parents home?
你想聊聊吗?
Do you want to talk about it?
不太想
Not really.
好吧
Okay.
我妈今天递交了离婚申请
My mom filed for divorce today.
我真的很抱歉
I'm really sorry.
我知道我说这话毫无帮助 但是
You know, I know this doesn't help right now, but...
他们分开了 并不意味着他们不在乎你 他们…
just because they're splitting up that doesn't mean that they don't care about each other.
意味着他们放弃了
It means they've given up.
那不公平
I don't think
对谁不公平?你还是他们?
that's fair. Fair to who? You or them?
赛艇比赛中到了最后20米…
When you're rowing a race and you get to the last 20 meters,
你的整个身体会叫你停下来
your entire body is telling you to stop.
你的肌肉火♥辣♥辣的 你的肺在对你尖叫
Your muscles are on fire. Your lungs are screaming at you.
你的五脏六腑想要退出 让这种疼痛感消失
Everything inside you wants to quit, make the pain go away.
但如果你想赢
But if you want to win,
那正是你将桨叶插得更深 划得更用力的时候
that's exactly when you dig deeper and you row harder.
你讨厌放任不管 是吗?
You really don't like to let things go, do you?
你注意到了
You noticed?
你开始让我相信大团圆结局了
You're just starting to make me believe in happy endings.
哦 不 照片!
Oh, no! The photo! No. Oh, oh...
哦 不 完全毁了 -哦 不 怎么了?
What? It's totally ruined.
完全毁了
It's totally ruined.
现在你知道 为什么我不让任何人上来了
Now you see why I don't let anyone up here.
我很惊讶你让我进了你的内部密室
I am pretty amazed that you've let me into your inner sanctum.
如果你告诉任何人
Yeah, well, if you tell anyone,
我就毒死你
I'll poison you.
哦 你不用…
Oh, you don't have to...
你不必仔细看
Hmm? You don't have to look through that.
对不起 很烂 不 好吧 -嗯
No, no, no. Okay. Yeah.
很酷
It's cool.
我喜欢这张
I like this one.
这是… -这是手♥机♥信♥号♥♥塔
That's, um-- That's a cell phone tower.
对
Yeah.
这是对
It's an allegory
某件事的讽喻
for something
技术与自然环境相融合
technology co-opting our natural environment.
真的吗?
Really?
真的
Really.
我知道你讨厌夸奖
but this work is incredible.
但这件作品真是太棒了
I know you hate compliments,
我是认真的
I'm serious.
我感觉你能看见别人看不见的东西
It's like you can see things that no one else can.
这说明了你不太懂摄影
That just shows how much you know about photography.
我觉得这张你可以拿出去卖♥♥
I mean, I think you can sell this stuff.
也许放到Etsy网上
Maybe on Etsy.
缺了一点东西
There is something that's missing
你所有的照片里
from like all of your photos.
对 我知道 是色彩
Yeah, I know. It's color.
不 是你
No. You.
这个世界不需要多一张自♥拍♥了
I just don't really think the world needs another selfie.
别这样 站到
Oh, come on.
照相机前会怎样?
What is wrong with stepping in front of the camera every once in awhile.
我认为摄影师应该把镜头朝外
I believe that a photographer should point her lens outward,
对着全世界
toward the world. Yeah?
是吗? -是的 所以你可以尝试去理解世界
Yeah, so you can try and understand it.
不如去尝试理解自己吧?
What about trying to understand yourself?
如果你知道我的过去 你就不会说这种话
If you had my past, you wouldn't ask that question.
你打算告诉我吗?
You ever gonna tell me about it?
来吧 我陪你走回家
Come on. I'll walk you home.
我从没见过亲生父亲 我出生前他就跑了
I never met my real father. He ran off before I was born.
然后我妈妈…
And my mom...
说好听点她不靠谱
The kind way to describe her would be flaky.
哇
Wow.
我小时候不是数着绵羊入睡
Instead of counting sheep to go to sleep when I was a kid,
我数着她的未婚夫入睡
I would count her fiancés.
梅尔就是其中之一
And Mel was one of them?
对 他是最后一个
Yeah, he was the last one.
电影精选列表