What was the fire down there? The gin?
不是 是街边的汉堡店
No. Hamburger joint this side of it.
得去瞧个热闹
Maybe I'll go take a look.
我去吃个午饭 你看下店子
How about hanging around while I go to lunch?
没问题 等我吃完了再说
Sure. As soon as I get back from mine.
你不会也要去吃午饭吧
I suppose now you wanna go to lunch?
-我又没招惹你 -看牌吧你
-What the hell did I do? -Just watch it.
朱利安先生 朱利安
Mr Julian? Mr Julian?
哪儿起火啦 朱利安先生
Where the fire, Mr Julian? Where the fire?
-朱利安 -没人在 老爹
-Mr Julian? -Nobody here, Dad.
朱利安肯定在 他一般都在的
Mr Julian must be. He always here.
我可没见到他
Damned if I see him.
我听到消防车响 外面吵吵闹闹的
I hear the hook and ladder and all the people toing and froing,
就是不知道哪儿起火了
but I can't discover the fire.
你知道哪儿起火了吗
You say you know where the fire is at?
街边那家汉堡店
A hamburger shack down the street.
谢了 先生
Thank you, sir.
抱歉 让您久等了
Well, I hope I didn't keep you waiting.
响警笛时还是别上厕所为好 根本拉不出来
I guess I have to learn how not to take a crap when the sirens go off.
我的小伙子们都去救火了 志愿消防员
All my boys are at the fire. All volunteer firemen.
以前还有姑娘在这上班
Used to have a woman worked here
不过她辞职了
but... she quit.
妈的
Damn.
得弄好这些监控
I have got to get that surveillance equipment working.
办保险的时候接过一次
We hooked it up for the insurance,
但这鬼东西老是出毛病
but the damn thing never has worked right.
老天 幸好你不是个抢劫犯
Jesus Christ! Lucky you wasn't a bank robber.
有什么可效劳的吗
What could I do for you?
我想开个户
I'd like to open an account.
当然可以
Of course.
当然可以
Of course.
很高兴招待新客户
Always happy to welcome a new customer.
找支笔写一下
Let me find a pen to write with here.
铅笔也凑合
A pencil will do.
请问是开支票账户还是储蓄账户
Now, was that checking or... savings?
你还真不着急啊 老子吃饭去了
Took your time, didn't you? I'm going to lunch.
过去帮吉利克洗车子
Why don't you give Gulick a hand with that car out there?
想得美
The hell with that.
你有毛病啊 非要对着干吗
What the hell is the matter with you? You got a grudge against the world?
没有 我来这是卖♥♥♥车♥的
Nope. I'm a car salesman.
要做洗车工 我去别家做
When I want a job cleaning cars, I'll get one.
看你这样也就快了
That may be a lot sooner than you think, the rate you're going.
你多大啦 35 36
What are you, anyway? 35? 36? Huh?
差不多
Around there.
你这半辈子肯定也是一事无成
Well, you sure as hell haven't set the world on fire so far,
不然也不会在这儿瞎混
or you wouldn't be hanging around a place like this.
是啊 不过我野心大着呢
Yeah, but I got ambition.
我琢磨着如果我再卖♥♥30年破车
I figure if I stick around selling jalopies for another 30, 40 years,
或许能领个奖状 得块40美元的破手表
somebody'll give me a testimonial and a $40 watch.
你得跟哈肖客气点
You wanna watch that stuff with Harshaw.
他人不错 就脾气差点
He's a good man, but got a temper.
这不是明摆着吗
Is that a fact?
他也有自己的难处吧
Course, maybe he's got a reason.
要帮忙吗
Hi. Can I help you?
我过来找乔治
I was just looking for George.
-乔治 -就是哈肖先生
-George? -Mr Harshaw.
我是他老婆 你新来的吧
I'm his wife. You must be the new salesman.
马多斯 哈里·马多斯
Madox. Harry Madox.
不好意思 哈肖夫人 你老公吃饭去了
Sorry, Mrs Harshaw, but your husband's gone to lunch.
是吗
Oh, damn.
有什么要帮忙的吗
Is there something I can help you with?
真不好意思开口啊 你工作也忙
Well, I hate to ask you. I mean, you're working and all.
忙不死人的
I'm not hurting myself.
你要是真不介意的话
Well, if you really wouldn't mind,
我有些文件和衣服要搬
I've got some papers and clothes that need unloading.
乐意效劳
Sure. I'd be glad to.
那上车啊
Well, get in.
那鞋子我也有一双
I have a pair of shoes like those.
似乎应该多穿穿
I ought to wear 'em more often.
效果比我想的要好啊
They seem to be more effective than I remembered.
有人帮忙就是好啊
It's awfully nice of you,
尤其是乔治干不了重活了
especially since George shouldn't carry heavy things.
-为什么 -他没跟你说吗 他的心脏
-Why not? -He didn't tell you? About his heart?
已经发作过两次了
He's had two attacks already.
医生告诉他要多休息
The doctor says he's got to cut back on everything.
-所以才雇了你啊 -他没说过
-That's why he hired you. -No, he didn't tell me.
是啊 乔治他是个好强的人
Well, George never did like to go admitting certain kinds of reality.
-可以放下了 -什么
-Aingt you gonna put 'em down? -What?
体格不错啊你 放这里
Mustn't know your own strength. Here.
-在这儿想做些什么呢 -有什么做什么
-So what you gonna do in our town? -Whatever there is to do.
我们这也就两件事可做啦
Well, there are only two things to do around here.
-你有电视吗 -没有
-Have you got a TV? -Nope.
那就只剩一件了
Well, now you're down to one.
算你命好
Lots of luck.
-早上好啊 朗 -你也好啊 伙计
-Good morning to ya, Lon. -Howdy, bud.
心情咋这么好呢
What are you in such a good mood about?
朗啊 贫贱不能移啊
Lon, it takes a lot of money to be free.
今儿上门的头个傻♥逼♥
And I'm gonna sell one of these to the first sucker
必须得开一辆出去
that walks in here today.
-行啊你 -那当然
-You are, are you? -Yes, sir.
那你要怎么达成目标呢
Well, now. How do you reckon to accomplish that?
靠纯粹的意志力
Sheer willpower.
人这一辈子 有所欲就必须得
In this life, you gotta take what you want.
绝对不能傻站着等人施舍
You damn sure can't stand around and wait for somebody to give it to you.
"有所欲就必须得"不错 我喜欢
"Gotta take what you want. " That's good. I like that.
-知道我信奉什么吗 -什么
-You know what I always say? -What's that?
三思而后行
Look before you leap.
哈肖周末去打猎 说是需要休息
Mr Harshaw's gone for the weekend. Hunting. Said he needed the rest.
我知道 昨天在她老婆那听到风声
Yeah, and I got a notion from what. I met her yesterday.
哈肖在个小镇子认识他老婆
Mr Harshaw met her in a real small town.
也是在打猎的时候
Hunting trip, I think it was.
他总是说那就是缘分
He always said that she just sort of happened.
嗯
Mm-hm.
他要是真聪明
The smart thing would've been to get out
还是随缘为好
and let her happen to somebody else.
-哈肖车行
-Harshaw Motors. -Mr Madox?
我是哈肖夫人
This is Mrs Harshaw.
真不想这么讨人厌
I hate to be a pest,
不过想让你帮个很小的忙
but I was wondering if I could ask you a teensy-weensy favour?
没事 说吧 什么事
Well, sure, Mrs Harshaw. What do you need?
-他的帽子 -什么
-Mr Harshaw's cap. -What?
你好
Hi.
请进吧
Well, come on in.
至少要请你喝一杯吧
The least I can do is buy you a drink.
房♥间很乱不好意思
Sorry the place is such a mess.
放女佣的假了
I gave the girl the weekend off.
哦
Oh.
它以为自己在猎捕乔治
That one thought he was stalking George.
结果自己被猎捕了
Did he ever get a surprise!
啪 啪
Bang, bang.
喜欢迈泰鸡尾酒吧
I hope you like mai tais.
那么...
So...
你是如何排遣孤寂的呢
How are you standing the excitement?
周末的晚上才有空想这些
Maybe it picks up on Saturday night.
的确
Yeah, it does.
周末电影院都要放两场吸血鬼片
They show two vampire operas at the movies instead of one.
我会去买♥♥台电视机
I could buy a TV.
或者去夜店捡垃圾
Or you could join the Ladies Club and collect trash.
饥渴的货色有的是
Now there's a hot pastime.
我想我还不够格
I doubt if I could pass the credentials committee.
一次一个是没问题的