After The Ruin, we started over,
灾难之后 一切重新开始了
creating a new society, one of true equality.
创造了一个绝对平等的社会
Rules were the building blocks of that equality.
法则是平等的基石
We learned them as Newchildren.
在我们还是新生儿时期就学会了它们
Rules like:
比如:
Injected.
注射完毕
My name is Jonas.
我叫乔纳斯
I don't have a last name.
我没有姓
None of us did.
大家都没有
That day, the day before graduation,
就在毕业前的那一天
I admit it, I was scared.
我承认 我很害怕
Tomorrow we'd be assigned our jobs, our purpose.
明天我们就会被任命各种工作和目标
It seemed everyone knew theirs already.
似乎大家都已经知道未来的使命
Not me.
除了我
I was lost.
我很迷茫
I always felt like I saw things
我经常感觉我能看到一些不同的东西
differently, saw things other people didn't.
其他人看不到的东西
I never said anything.
但我从未提起
I didn't want to be different.
我不想与众不同
Who would?
谁想呢?
Jonas.
乔纳斯
I apologize, we're late.
抱歉 我们要迟到了
I got Asher to come say goodbye to Teacher.
我和亚瑟过来向老师道别
I accept your apology.
没关系
Asher and Fiona,
亚瑟和菲欧娜
we'd been friends our whole lives.
我们是很久的老朋友了
Asher was the boy who made everyone laugh.
亚瑟能使所有人都开怀大笑
Fiona, well,
而菲欧娜
she was the girl who made everyone smile.
她是那种可以让大家会心一笑的女孩
Take that back!
拿回去!
Whoever is listening, please, please,
不管谁在听 求求你 保佑我
do not make me Vice Chancellor of Waste Management!
别让我成为废物管理中心的副♥主♥席♥!
Please!
拜托了!
We lived in a world
我们生活在这样一个世界
where differences weren't allowed.
在这差异是不被允许的
There was no "popular."
没有所谓的 "流行"
No fame.
没有一夜成名
No losers and no winners.
没有成功者和失败者
Our Elders had eliminated all of that
元老们消除了诸如此类的所有词汇
so there'd be no conflict between us.
所以我们之间没有任何冲突
Fear, pain, envy, hate,
恐惧 痛苦 嫉妒 厌恶
they weren't words so much as sounds.
它们已经不像听起来的那样
Their echoes were gone, to the other side of history.
因为它们代表的含义早已销声匿迹 散落在时代尽头
I'm asked if I should apologize for what I did.
我被问道会不会为我的所作所为道歉
I'll let you decide.
你们来决定吧
I'm going to miss volunteering here.
我会想念这里的义工生活
Oh, no. If ever there was a person born
不要啊 如果有一个人生来
to work at the Nurturing Center... I could be surprised, right?
就可以在培育中心工作... 我会觉得惊喜的 对吧?
Jonas, if you had to guess,
乔纳斯 如果必须猜一猜
of all the positions the elders picked for me?
你觉得元老们会给我一份什么样的工作?
Nurturing Center.
培育中心
Welcome to the Nurturing Center.
欢迎来到培育中心
I got this. I got this.
我赢定了 一定要赢
Think heavy. Think heavy. Come on, come on.
重一点 重一点 加油 加油
We win!
我们赢了!
Aren't you my chubby champion?
你是不是胖嘟嘟的小冠军?
Which one was heavier? Mine.
哪个更重一点? 我的
Asher?
亚瑟?
Father, I think Fiona put her finger on the scale.
父亲 我觉得菲欧娜把手指也放上去了
I did not.
我没有
Aw, this little guy didn't qualify for tomorrow's ceremony.
这个小家伙不够格参加明天的典礼
He's just not strong enough to be assigned to a family yet.
还不够强壮 还不能被分配给某个家庭
He looks so unhappy.
他看起来好不开心
Hey...
嘿...
It's okay, Jonas, you can open it.
没关系 乔纳斯 你可以打开
Yeah, it's Jonas.
你好啊 我叫乔纳斯
Here, let me.
让我试试
Oh, There you go. There you go.
放轻松 放轻松
It's okay. Some people have it, huh?
没问题了 有些人就是不一样 对吧?
Well, that's just not fair.
真是太不公平了
Be strong, Gabriel.
强壮起来 加布里埃尔
You looked at his name?
你看了他的名字?
Isn't that against the rules?
这不是违反规则的吗?
Yeah, it, it is.
是的 没错
I just thought having a name might help him grow.
我只是觉得叫他的名字能帮助他成长
So I whisper it to him when no one can hear.
所以没人的时候我就悄悄地说给他听
Sometimes I call him Gabe.
有时候我叫他小加布
But he's usually so restless,
但是他通常都很不安
I, I'm not even sure he can hear me.
我 我甚至不确定他是否能听见我的声音
You okay?
你还好吗?
Huh? Yeah.
嗯? 是的
I'm fine.
我很好
So the old man turns to the Elder and says,
然后老人转向元老并问道
"Do you know who I am?"
"你知道我是谁吗?"
And the Elder says, "Sir, I know you're old,
元老答道 "先生 我知道你年纪大了
but that is no excuse for being prideful."
但是你也不能这么自大"
And then the old man says, "No, really, I'm asking.
然后老人说 "不 我是真的想问
Who am I?"
我是谁?"
I don't get it.
我不明白
"Who am I?" like, like he forgot who he was.
"我是谁?" 就像 就像他忘了他自己是谁一样
Okay, but wouldn't the joke be better
好吧 笑话会不会更棒
if the old man says... Okay, one...
如果老人说... 好的 一...
What? Two...
怎么? 二...
Three!
三!
Aren't we graduates now?
我们都已经毕业了啊?
You do this every time!
你每次都玩这个的!
Come on! Okay!
快来! 好吧!
One, two, three!
一 二 三!
There you go.
太棒了
So, I guess this is it.
好吧 我觉得这就是那一天了
The last night of our childhood.
我们童年时期最后一个晚上
I guess everything is gonna be different.
我猜一切都会变得不一样
No.
不会的
Tomorrow the only thing that changes is what we do.
明天唯一变化的是我们要做的事情
It doesn't change who we are.
并没有改变真实的自我
Quick question: Who are we?
快问快答: 我们是什么?
Friends.
朋友
Friends forever. Yes.
永远的朋友 没错
Even when you're both assigned to be Birth Mothers.
即使你们俩都被任命做产妇
Hey!
嗨!
Well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow, huh?
好吧 明天我们就会知道答案了 对吧?
Citizens are reminded
提醒市民
that evening recreation will end in 30 minutes.
晚间活动时间还有30分钟结束
Thank you.
谢谢各位
Well, he did need to be rehabilitated.
他确实应该恢复名誉
And I know he was Lily's Teacher, but what was I supposed to do?
我知道他是莉莉的老师 但是我能做什么呢?
I feel...
我感觉...
disappointment.
很失望
What was the Elders' decision?
元老们的决定是什么?
Released to Elsewhere.
将他释放
Can I be "Released to Elsewhere," Mother?
我也可以被释放吗 妈妈?
Even just for one day?
一天也好啊?
No, you're too young, Lily Billy.
不行 你太小了 莉莉·比利
Jonas, your turn for Feelings.
乔纳斯 轮到你表达感受了
Well, I guess I'm sort of...
好吧 我觉得我有一点...
terrified.
恐惧
Precision of language.
精确语言
I mean anxious.
我指的是紧张
When you were about to graduate,
当你们要毕业的时候
did you ever feel like there was no position meant for you?
你们有没有感觉到没有职位适合自己?
电影精选列表