凯恩在1993年因在英国影坛的杰出表现而被授予爵位头衔。
本片改编自弗雷德里克·福赛斯的小说《第四秘密议定书》,是这位政♥治♥惊悚小说大♥师♥间谍题材的作品之一。
1963年,英国最高情报局情报员金.菲利普变节投靠莫斯科。
片名:北极光(英国)
The Fourth Protocol 1987
我是金.菲利普,少校
I'm Kim Philby, Major.
我是,苏联国♥家♥安♥全♥委员会(以后称“克格勃”),菲利普上校,已退伍
That is, Colonel Philby KGB, retired...
我想你会发现,我和哥瓦辛将军有约
I think you will find I have an appointment with General Govorshin
克格勃主席哥瓦辛将军三个小时前离开了
The Chairman of the KGB General Govorshin left three hours ago.
这不可能
But that's impossible.
我有很多重要的事情要跟他讨论
I was summoned for an important conference with him.
我很抱歉
I regret,
将军同志要我安排另外一次的会晤
the Comrade General charged me to make an alternative arrangement.
那会是什么时候呢?
And what, pray, might that be?
瓦勒瑞.阿列克谢维基.波特斯基少校?
Major Valeri Alexeivitch Petrofsky?
稍息
At ease.
波特斯基少校,你很幸运
You're a fortunate man, Major Petrofsky
你被挑选执行这次艰困任务工作
You have been chosen for a mission of the utmost importance.
如果你这次成功的归来,
If you are successful you will return to honours
你的晋升将会超过你的想像
and promotions beyond your dreams.
身为克格勃主席,我将直接给你命令
As Chairman of the KGB, I am giving you a director order.
你将只接受我的命令,我一个人的命令
You will accept my authority, and my authority alone.
对于其他人的命令,
You will consult neither your Camp Kommandant
将一概置之不理
nor the head of the Illegals Directorate.
你不准向任何人提到此次的任务
Nor will you reveal details of this mission to anyone.
巴甫洛夫上校将向你提出简报
Major Pavlov her will be in charge of your briefing
如果你有任何的问题,直接问他就行
if you have any questions, you will direct them to him.
他们说你是特殊任务小组的明日之星
They tell me you are the star of the Illegals Directorate.
你将真的是明日之星
You will need to be.
伦敦市民,感谢您 还有15分钟就到午夜了
Thank you, London! It's fifteen minutes to midnight and here
广场上挤满了迎接新年到来的民众
in Trafalgar Square huge crowds are already gathering to welcome
人数虽然多,但是非常有秩序
in the New Year everyone's in good spirits.
警♥察♥先生们也不用费太多的力
The crowd is cheerful but orderly and the police so far,
维持人群秩序
have had an easy time.
圣约翰急救中心也只接收几例伤患
St John's Ambulance have only had to deal with a few people fainting up
在格拉斯哥庆除夕舞会正如火如荼进行
in the studio in Glasgow our Hogmanay party is in full swing
好吧...让我们一起来庆祝吧
so... let's go north of the border to join in the fun
奈吉尔!
Nigel!
我有些事情…
I've some reinforcements...
酒鬼!
Drunkard sod!
是杰瑞米!
It's Jeremy!
叫奈吉尔赶快开门
Tell Nigel to open the bloody door!
詹姆斯...新年快乐
James... Happy New Year.
先生,你到底有什么事
What flat do you want, sir?
我有一些事情要跟奈吉尔讲!
I've got the reinforcements for Nigel!
好吧,先生,你到底要找几号♥
Yes. But what flat number, sir?
别担心!
Don't worry
我会顺着音乐声走
I'll follow the noise.
新年快乐
Happy New Year.
找到了…
Bingo...
哈!普雷斯顿
Ah! Preston.
进来,坐下
Come and sit down.
普雷斯顿,我已经告诉委员会我并没有授权
Preston, I have told the Committee that I did not authorise
昨晚的行动
your action last night.
我同时告诉他们,你已经开始
I have also told them you have needlessly alerted Berenson
对布瑞森安全进行严密的监视!
to our investigations by recklessly blowing up his safe!
普雷斯顿,我相信你对这件事一定有所解释的
Presumably you have some explanation for the decision, Preston?
那个,我们已经逮到了布瑞森
Well, we've got Berenson.
而我们现在需要的是主谋者的名字
What we need now is the name of his controller.
如果布瑞森被认为只是普通的偷窃
If Berenson believes it was only a burglary
他将不会去和主谋都联♥系♥的
he won't be afraid to contact him.
但你还是没有回答你为何要擅自行动
But that still doesn't explain why you didn't ask for my authorisation.
你不会授权给我的
You wouldn't have given it.
普雷斯顿,没事了
That will be all, Preston.
我猜布瑞森已经走了
Berenson's away, I take it?
他和他的太太在约克郡参加一个家庭聚会
He's at a house party in Yorkshire. With his wife.
是的,但,呃,明天是星期六,安东尼爵士
Yes, but, er, tomorrow is Saturday, Sir Anthony
那我们只有在礼拜一逮他了
we don't expect him back until Monday we will pick him up then.
普雷斯顿,你已经掌握他的情况了吧
But do you go along with that, Preston?
他还有一个女朋友
He has a girlfriend.
对不起,这有什么联♥系♥呢
I'm sorry what's that got to do with it
有联♥系♥
Quite.
我相信他会藉着某些理由提早离开约克郡家庭聚会
I wouldn't be surprised if he found an excuse to leave the wife
及他的太太,去找别人新年相聚的
in Yorkshire come back early, and start the New Year with a bang.
是这样
I see.
普雷斯顿,你要怎么做呢?What do you want, Preston?
全天候的监视
Round the clock surveillance.
派三组人
Three teams of watchers.
监听电♥话♥,拦截邮件
Phone tap. Mail intercept.
全面监控,马上办
Everything, immediately.
那需要24个人手来执行监视任务
Twenty four men round the clock for an indefinite period!?
也就是说,我手上的三个任务必须延迟
That would mean wrecking at least three of our current operations.
也就是说,你批准我手上的三个任务延迟
Brian, I'm sure you'll agree that this Berenson business
而主要负责布瑞森事件
is of overriding importance.
是,当然,安东尼爵士
Yes, of course, Sir Anthony.
很好,普雷斯顿,去做吧
Alright, Preston, you've got it.
各位,我想我们午餐后再开会
Gentlemen, I suggest we reconvene after lunch.
普雷斯顿
Preston.
能担误一会儿吗?
Got a moment?
请关上门
Close the door.
你到底想在胡搞什么!!!
Just what the hell do you think you are playing at!!!
首先,你未经授权擅自行动
First, you have the unmitigated qall to proceed without my permission.
然后你就跑去外国大使♥馆♥前面去胡闹
Then you deliberately try to embarrass the service in front of that shit,
欧文!
Irvine!
很明显
Of course,
你这样子会让我觉得你似乎好像是
I'm well aware that you somehow consider yourself
我们无法控制的人物,但是请你记得
as outside the normal chain of command but let me remind you that
我们是公仆,不是自♥由♥主义者
this is a SERVICE not a free-for-all!
当你办完事情
And when you've finished showing off,
你回来为我工作,我是在这就要都听我的
you come back to work for me and I as Director General
领导和指挥
of the Security Service...
你是代理主管...
Acting Director General...
伯纳德德.海明斯没死还活着
Bernard Hemmings isn't dead yet.
听着,普雷斯顿,那我把话讲明了
Look, Preston let's get this straight.
如果有机会
If, or rather when,
我当上你的主管,你将会被我开除
I am confirmed as head of this department you are just going
无声无息
to disappear.
直接走人
Without trace.
我会记得的
I will bear that in mind.
同时,我要你在回家之前
In the meantime, I want another report
写一份完整的报告放在我桌上
Complete in every detail, on my desk before you go home.
包括这次的会谈吗?爵士
Would that include this meeting, Sir?
去写吧!!!
Do it!!!
是的,爵士
Yes, Sir.
哥瓦辛将军要我把这个给你
General Govorshin asked me to give you this.
你的最后指示
Your final instructions.
好,麻烦你把这些放在车上
Okay. Could you put these in the car for me?
谢谢
Thank you.
奈吉尔
Nigel.
伯纳德,你好吗
Bernard how are you?
不太好
Terrible.
我希望你没跟哈考特.史密斯提到这一点
But I'd rather you didn't mention it to Harcourt Smith.
或是那个小混♥蛋♥已经觉得我该死了
Or has that little shit already got me dead and buried?
不尽然
Not quite.
但是他已经自居为你的继任者
But he does seem pretty confident that he will be your successor.
他除掉了我的人吗?
Has he got rid of all my people?
没有,但还是有些人让他不满意
No there are still a few flies in his ointment.
实际上是约翰.普雷斯顿
John Preston, in particular.
约翰,这人很好啊
Good man, John.
他怎么了?
What's he been up to?
说到这儿,这就是我要跟你报告的事情
Well, that's what I wanted to talk to you about.
普雷斯顿抓到布瑞森泄露北大西洋公约组织(以下简称“北约”)的文件
Perston's caught that prick Berenson leaking NATO papers
还是让我们一边欣赏风景一边谈他吧
And I'd appreciate a little chat about what we might do with him.