Russell?哦 当然 我认识
How long you've been living in Whitewood?
你在怀特伍德生活了多久?
- Since my grandmother died, a few weeks ago. - Oh, I'm sorry.
- 自从几个星期前我外祖母去世之后才住在那的 - 哦 真遗憾
Then how can I help you?
那么 有什么需要帮助的吗?
- I've come about a pupil of yours, Barlow, Nan Barlow. - Yes?
- 我来这是因为你的一个学生Nan Barlow - 她怎么了?
She came to Whitewood two weeks ago,I met her and liked her,
她两周前来的怀特伍德镇 我们见过面 也很喜欢她
and she told me that she was a student in one of your classes,
她告诉我她是你班上的一个学生
- that you recommended that she stayed at Riven's Inn. - It's quite right, I did.
- 并且你建议她住在里文旅馆的 - 没错 是的
Well, that's why I've come to see you about...
那就是我为什么要来见你...
- On the day after she arrived, she disappered. - Oh?
- 在她抵达的当天 她就失踪了 - 哦?
Later the police came asking questions,
之后警♥察♥过来询问
her family were worried.
她家里人很担心
I thought you might have their address.
我觉得你可能有他们的地址
And why do you want her family's address?
那你为什么要他们家的地址?
Because I have something of her that I want to return.
因为我有一些她的东西要归还
Why you just...leave it with me, I make sure to get it safely.
你干嘛不把它交给我 我一定会小心保管的
I-I don't wanna trouble you,if you just give me their address.
如果你把他们的地址告诉我我就不用麻烦你了
As you wish.
那就如你所愿吧
Her address is: Dou Gester Streets,
她的地址是:道 格赛特大街
225, she lives in her brother's, as a matter of fact,he's a colleague of mine, and you just met him,
225号♥ 她和她哥哥生活在一起 实际上她哥哥是我的同事 你刚见过的
he's leaving when you arrived.
你到的时候他正要走
Now if you excuse me, I've got a lot of work to do,rather busy man,long.
请原谅 一直以来我都相当繁忙 我还有很多工作要做
- Of course, thank you for your help. - Not at all, I hope you chase something.
- 当然 谢谢你的帮助 - 不客气 希望你能有所收获
Well, will you remember me to your grandfather, won't you?
那么请记得代我向你祖父问好可以吗?
- Yes, of course. Goodbye. - Goodbye, Miss Russell.
- 好的 当然 再见 - 再见 Russell小姐
Yeah, it's Nan's locket, you're right.
没错 是Nan的吊坠
As far as I know, it's unique.
据我所知 这个吊坠很独特
I gave it to her, where did you get it?
是我送给她的 你从哪得来的?
The servant of the inn gave it to me.
旅馆的佣人给我的
- It's strange, I don't think she wanted Mrs. Newless to know I had it. - Mrs. Newless?
- 很奇怪 我觉得她不想让Newless夫人知道我拿到它了 - Newless夫人?
She runs the inn.
她是老板
Oh, why did you come here, Miss...Miss Russell?
哦 Russell小姐 你为什么到这来?
I found this.
我发现了这个
Professor Driscoll's own paper.
Driscoll教授的亲笔信
I found it in the pages of a book I lent to your sister on her first evening in Whitewood.
我在书里找到的 这本书是你妹妹来怀特伍德镇的第一晚从我这借的
And she didn't return it, I went to the hotel.
然后她没有归还 我就去旅馆找她
- What was the book? - An old book.
- 这是什么书? - 一本古老的书
A book about witchcraft.
一本关于巫术的书
Do you believe in it, Miss Russel?
Russell小姐 你信么?
I don't know.
我不知道
- Sometimes I almost think I live with it. - Live with it?
- 有时我几乎觉得我跟巫术生活在一起 - 生活在一起?
It's an obsession of my grandfather's,
我祖父对这个着迷
Up to now, I didn't take it seriously, he's an old man.
直到现在我对这事并不较真 毕竟他是一个老人
Now I'm beginning to wonder what he says isn't true.
现在我开始怀疑他说的是不是真的
What does he say?
他都说什么了?
That something evil about the village.
一些关于村庄中邪恶的事儿
On certain nights, the inhabitants leave the streets,
在某些夜晚 居民远离街道
close their doors and stay behind them.
关上他们的门躲在屋子里
And on these nights,
并且在这些夜晚
the dead come to life.
亡者归来
Night like Candlemas Eve?
类似圣烛节的夜晚?
What do you know about Candlemas Eve?
对于圣烛节你都了解什么?
It's more of Nan's books.
远不止Nan书里的那些
I don't believe it.
我才不信呢
Things like this don't happen today.
这样的事不会发生在今天
Whitewood, I wonder.
但在怀特伍德镇 我表示怀疑
I'm going to Whitewood tomorrow after classes, I can give you a lift.
明天下课后我会去怀特伍德镇 我可以带你回去
Thank you, but I must get back,
谢谢 但我必须回去了
I can't leave my grandfather alone, he's blind.
我祖父是盲人 我不能留他独自一人
May I come to see him when I arrive at there?I'd like to have a talk with him.
到那之后我能去拜访他吗? 我很想和他聊聊
- Please do it, the house's next to the church. Goodbye. - Bye. I'll see you to the door.
- 没问题 我家房♥子紧挨教堂 再见 - 再见 我送你到门口
- Would you be going to Whitewood? - Yes?
- 你是要去怀特伍德镇吗? - 是的 怎么了嘛?
Would you take me along with you?The dark night for walking.
能载我一程吗?夜路不好走啊
You're the reverend Russel's grand daughter, aren't you?
你是Russell传教士的孙女 是么?
Yes, how did you know?
是的 你怎么知道?
I know a great deal about Whitewood.
我很了解怀特伍德镇的
- Have you ever been there? - None there.
- 你去过那吗? - 没有
Never seen you.
从没见过你
See me is a special privilege,
见我是一种特权
It's desire for a chosen of you.
除非你非常想见我
What does that mean?
什么意思?
We'll soon be at Whitewood now.
我们马上就到怀特伍德镇了
It's as far as I go, you will...
我就到这了 你可以...
She is pretty, too.
她也很漂亮
Yes, she is. Very pretty.
没错 非常漂亮
A living descendant of Russell was kissed.
Russell活下来的后代被烙印了
Somehow she seems to make it better.
不知怎么她似乎能做得更好
Another day.
又过一天了
And tomorrow...
明天...
The Witches' Sabbath.
女巫安息日
Which way to One-port Road?
港口一路怎么走?
Straight head, fork the road you'll see a sign "turn left".
直走 岔路口你会看到一个“向左转”的路牌
- You're heading for Whitewood? - I am.
- 你要去怀特伍德镇? - 是的
- Many people had this way? - Not many.
- 很多人都走这条路吗? - 不多
- This is the only way in and out the town? - This direction,yep.
- 这是进出镇的唯一一条路吗? - 是的 这个方向就这一条
Do you remember by any chance a pretty girl and even a barlow girl about a month ago?
你有没有可能记得一个月前有个漂亮的女孩 甚至可能是姓Barlow的女孩来过?
A Barlow girl? I read about the papers.
Barlow家的女孩? 我看了报纸
- Never seen her again, told the police. - Thanks.
- 我再没见过她了 快去报♥警♥ - 谢了
Hola,could you tell me the way to Whitewood, please?
你好 能告诉我怀特伍德镇怎么走吗?
- Another one?Straight ahead, fork the road you can see a sign "One-port road" turn left,it'll take you right in. - Thanks.
- 又来一个?直走 在岔路口你能看到一个"港口一路"的路牌然后左转 照着走就对了 - 谢了
- They don't want you,young fella. They don't like strangers in Whitewood. - Ok, fine, thanks very much.
- 年轻人 他们不欢迎你的 怀特伍德镇的人不喜欢陌生人 - 好的 非常感谢
- Good evening. - Good evening.
- 晚上好 - 晚上好
I'd like a room, please.
我想订间房♥
The Inn is closing.
旅馆要停业了
I'll only be here a few days.
我就在这呆几天
But the Inn is closing.
但是旅馆就要关了
- When? - In two days.
- 什么时候? - 两天以后
If you don't mind, I'd like to stay till then.
如果你不介意 我就在这呆到那时好了
If you insist.
那么好吧
Could I...could I have...the same room my sister had?
我可以...住我妹妹住过的那个房♥间吗?
Still availabe, isn't it?
仍是空的 不是么?
Yes, it's available.
是的 那房♥间空着
Mrs. Newless, you told the police that my sister checked out?
Newless夫人 你告诉警♥察♥我妹妹退房♥了?
You're mistaken, Mr. Barlow,
Barlow先生 您误会了
I told them that on the morning of February 2nd,I went to her room and found it empty.
我告诉他们在2月2号♥ 我去她的房♥间然后发现♥房♥♥间没人
Her bed not slept in, her luggage and car gone,
她的床没睡过 行李和车子也不见了
and her bill unpaid.
她也没有结账
Well, you can put the charges on mine.
你可以把她的房♥费算在我身上
When was the last time you saw her?
你最后见她是什么时候?
On the evening of February 1st.
2月1号♥的晚上
It was shortly before midnight,she's been in the lobby here dancing with some of the guests.
临近子夜 她在大厅和一些客人跳舞
She seemed to be enjoying herself.
她看上去玩的很开心
Did any particular guests pay special attention to her?
有其他特殊的客人特别注意过她吗?
Not as what I noticed.Your sister cared very much to herself.
我没注意 你妹妹自我保护意识很强
You know why she came to Whitewood?
你知道她为什么来怀特伍德镇吗?
It is not my habit to inquire into people's private business.
我没有打探客人私人事务的习惯
Would the fact that she was...she was investigating witchcraft have antagonized anyone in the village?
会不会是她...她对巫术的调查引起村子某些人的反感?
Hardly, there have been other students here, you know.
不太可能 你要知道 这儿还有其他的学生
Besides, your sister was very agreeable and likable young woman.
而且 你妹妹还是个讨人喜欢十分可爱的女人
Well, you have any idea where she might have gone?
那么 你知不知道她可能会去哪?
- None. - Thank you.
- 不知道 - 谢谢了
- Now may I see the room? - As you wish, it is in this way.
- 我现在能看下房♥么? - 如你所愿 这边走
- If you should need anything and I am not at the desk,you have only to ring the bell. - Thank you.
- 如果你有需要而我又不在前台的话 你只要按铃就可以了 - 谢谢
Hello!
你好!
I'm so glad you've come.
真高兴再见到你
I saw your car outside Riven's Inn in the earlier.
之前看到你的车停在里文旅馆外面
I wonder what did happen to you?
我想知道你那边怎么样?
I've been talking with Mrs. Newless
我一直在和Newless夫人讲话
and then I took a walk around the village.
然后在村子周围走了走
Find out anything?
找到什么了吗?
Everyone here seemed to be afraid of something.