If possible, rotographed.
如果可能的话最好是速印出来的
- Now, go get some latte? - I'm sorry, I have a date.
- 那么 要喝拿铁吗 ? - 不用了 我还有约
Nan darling, I still don't see why you'll have to go out to this Whitewood place.
亲爱的 我还是搞不懂你为什么一定要去怀特伍德镇这个地方呢
No, I thought we're gonna have some time together during this vacation.
其实我是想我们这个假期可以一起过的呢
You know I wanted to be with you, it's just this is important.
你知道我想和你一起的 只是这个很重要
No, what the heck can you find that hasn't been found before?
你在那到底能发现什么以前没有发现过的东西啊?
I don't know.
我不知道
It's just a maybe.
只是有这可能罢了
If it is hidden in some attic or burried in some old antique shop?
如果是隐藏于阁楼或者是尘封在一些老旧的古董店里呢?
There's something I might give a whole new outlook to the subject.
或许这门课真有些什么我能给出全新观点的呢
Oh what new outlook can that be?
噢那能有什么新观点啊?
You're a science student, honey, you know how important the research is.
亲爱的 你是理工科学生诶 你知道调查是有多么重要的
This isn't about anything real.
这又不是什么真实的东西
It's just superstitious, people burning silly old women.
只是迷信罢了 人们烧死那些愚蠢的老女人
But suppose the women weren't silly.
那假如那些女人不愚蠢呢
Suppose they really had a pact with the devil.
假如她们真的跟撒旦有约呢
A pact that could have supernatural power.
拥有超自然力量的契约
Oh, come on, what kind of power?
噢得了吧 什么样的能力啊?
I don't know.
我不知道
Oh look, it's no use, Bill.
听着Bill 这是没有用的
You've kind tried a hardest talk out of a guy.
你已经尝试过最难的沟通了
Do you really think she will find anything worthwile?
你觉得她真能发现有价值的东西吗
No, I think we have to respect the desire to find something new,
不 我觉得我们应该尊敬这种想发现新东西的欲望
even if we, even if we don't agree with the subject.
尽管我们不赞同这课程
Agree with it?
赞同?
I've never heard so much nonsense that guy Driscoll talks in all my life.
我一生中还从没听过Driscoll那家伙那么多胡扯八道呢
Well, here I am, all packed.
我来了 东西都收拾好了
Oh, I suppose there's nothing I can say to stop you from going, huh?
噢看来我说什么都不能阻止你去了咯?
Yeah, I'll...I'll put this in the car.
好吧 我...我把行李放到车上去
I still hope you'd change your mind, Nan.
我还一直指望你能改变主意呢 Nan
Don't worry, darling, I'll be back as quick as I can and alright.
别担心亲爱的 我会尽快回来的
Well, don't forget we're all together, huh?
还没忘我们在一起呢 嗯?
I won't. Give Sue my love and don't forget we'd have a date at the party.
我不会的 告诉苏我爱她 别忘了她生日派对上我们还有个约会呢
Bye, darling.
再见 亲爱的
Excuse me, can you help me? I...seem to be lost.
请问 你能帮个忙吗 ?我...好像迷路了
Sure. I can.
当然啦
I'm looking for the one port road.
我在找港口一路
One port road, I ain't hear anyone use that anymore.
港口一路 我没听过有人那样叫了
Well, my friend gave me the directions...
是我朋友告诉我的方向...
Take road 288, turn on to the one port road,
走288号♥路 然后再走港口一路
there left the fork to the Whitewood.
走左边的分岔路就能到怀特伍德镇了
Whitewood?
怀特伍德镇?
Am I that far away?
我离那里远吗?
No, m'am, not far.
不 小姐 不远
Now many cars fearing forks visit Whitewood nowadays.
现在很多车都害怕怀特伍德镇的岔路口
- If I were you, I... - Oh, if...
- 如果我是你的话 我.. - 哦如果...
if you would excuse me, I'm on a hurry. Which way is it?
请原谅 我急着赶路 应该走哪条路呀
Well, follow this road about two miles,
好吧 沿着这条路走大概2英里
you'll come to a fork with a sign on board road.
你会到达一个岔路口 有路牌提示
- Turn left, keep straight, there be Whitewood. - Thank you very much.
- 左转直走 就到怀特伍德镇了 - 非常感谢
Is that sign saying one port road?
那个路标上写的是港口一路吗?
One port road, yes.
港口一路 是的
Oh, good. I was afraid I missed it.
太好了 我怕我走错了
- Is it Whitewood you seek? - Yes.
- 你是在找怀特伍德镇吗? - 是的
I, too. And would I be impulsing if...
我也是 我是不是...
- No, of course not, get in! - Thank you.
- 当然可以啦 上车吧! - 谢谢
Think the high way commission, would you do something about these roads?
想到这路况 你不会想对这些路做点贡献啥的吗?
Wish I here consumer the bump.
就让我在这一路颠簸着
What is your mission in Whitewood?
你在怀特伍德镇的任务是什么?
Mission?
任务?
Well, I'm going there to do some research on witchcraft.
我要去那做一些关于巫术的研究
Professor Driscoll gave us very interesting lectures on this subject.
Driscoll教授给我们上的这课程非常有趣
I'm going there to get some original source material.
我要去收集一些原材料
- Do you know Whitewood? - Have known it for many years.
- 你了解怀特伍德镇吗 - 熟知很多年了
- You go there often? - Very often.
- 你经常去那吗 - 经常
Oh, then you must know the Riven's inn?
噢 那你肯定知道里文旅馆咯?
I should be resting there.
我应该会在那歇息
Oh, so should I. Oh, my name is Nan Barlow.
噢我也是 我叫Nan Barlow
- My name is Jethrow Keane. - Please to meet you.
- 我叫杰斯罗·基恩 - 很高兴认识你
Please to meet you,too.
我也很高兴认识你
Just like a picture out of a history book.
就像历史书里的照片一样
I feel this all I were in 17th century.
感觉仿佛我就在17世纪一样
Why hasn't Whitewood been writen about?
为什么就没有人写怀特伍德镇呢?
Well it haven't been passed, few tourist come here.
还没成为过去呢 只是很少有游客来这罢了
In Whitewood, time stands still.
在怀特伍德镇 时间是静止的
Look at that church.
看看那教堂
Must been beautiful.
肯定很漂亮
What a shame that it gets so run down!
让它荒废下去真是遗憾啊!
- Just straight on? - Yes, follow the road on.
- 直走吗 - 是的 这条路直走
There it is!
到了!
A lovely old building.17th century at least.
真是个可爱的古建筑 至少是17世纪的了
How picturesque you get!
多么栩栩如生啊!
Right by the grave yard.
正好就在墓地旁边
Yes, but it is not been used for more than 200 years.
是的 但是两百多年没用过了
Any witches buried there?
那里有埋葬女巫吗
There are indeed.
的确有
All in the section no one consequently drowned.
没有人会因此而淹没在书中的章节里
It's booky, isn't it?Well, keep your fingers cross from me, Mr. Keane.
是书本上的话对吗 好了 基恩先生 双手合十为我祈祷吧
I hope Mrs. Newless' house that room.
我希望Newless夫人供给那间房♥
1692年3月3日 伊丽莎白·塞尔文因巫师罪在此被处以火刑
- Hello. - Oh, I didn't hear you come in.
- 你好 - 噢 我没听见你进来
Are you Mrs. Newless?
你是Newless夫人吗
Oh...uh...I'm Nan Barlow, I was told to find my room here.
哦 额 我是Nan Barlow 有人告诉我在这里找住宿
I was recommended by a friend of mine, professor Driscoll.You have to know him.
我是被我的一位朋友 Driscoll教授推荐来的 你一定认识他吧
That will be all, Lottie.
Lottie 差不多就行了
I'm sorry to keep you waiting.
很抱歉让你久等了
Unfortunately, Lottie cNanot talk.
很不幸 Lottie不会讲话
I often told her not to answer the bell.
我经常告诉她不要应铃
- Poor thing. Then you are Mrs. Newless? - I am. May I help you?
- 可怜人儿 那你是Newless夫人了吧? - 是的 有什么可以为您效劳的吗?
Yes, I'd like to have a room here for two weeks.
是的 我想在这开一间房♥ 待两个礼拜
The hotel is quite full.
这个旅馆人已经完全住满了
Oh, the guest are never about here at this time today.
噢 客人今天这时候都不在这儿呢
Well, I'm a student of professor Driscoll,
我是Driscoll教授的一名学生
and he told me if I mentioned his name I had no trouble.
他告诉我说如果我提到他的名字我入住就不会有问题了
Well there is a room I could let you have,
好吧 有一间房♥我可以给你住
- it's just off the lobby. - Oh, thank you.
- 就在大厅那头 - 哦谢谢
Mrs Newless,that plaque...
Newless夫人 那块匾...
is it true that Elisabeth Selwyn was really burned here for being a witch?
伊丽莎白·塞尔文因女巫在此处被判以火刑是真的吗?
She was.
她是
And you believe she was a witch?
你相信她是女巫?
Come along, I'll show you to your room.
跟我来吧 我带你去你的房♥间
I hope you'll be welcomed to it.
希望它会欢迎你的到来
Yes, it is a nice room.
是的 这是一个很不错的房♥间
The previous occupants always found it most agreeable.
前房♥客总是觉得这房♥间最称心如意了
- Well, is there anything you should need, just ring the bell for me on the desk. - Thank you.
- 好了 如果还有什么您需要的 就按桌上的铃叫我吧 - 谢谢
It's been so many months.
很多个月了
I've counted the days to this holiday.
我数着日子盼望着假期
So you have the others.
于是你有人选了
It wasn't easy for some of my guests to get here.
而对于我的客人来讲 找到这儿可不容易
Many have to travel vast distances.
很多人都要走很远的路
I was lucky.
我很幸运
Last few miles were enchanting.
最后的几英里路总是很迷人
Miss Barlow is a very good company.
Barlow小姐是个很好的旅伴
You must be tired, Jethrow, your room is ready.
杰斯罗 你肯定累了吧 你的房♥间准备好了
And these festivities?
那么这些庆祝你准备好了吗?
- I'm prepared. - Oh, Mrs. Newless.
- 我准备好了 - 噢 Newless夫人
I thought I'll have a look around town, I won't be gone long.
我想在这镇子里瞧瞧 我不会去很久的
I think you've found the church interesting.
我想你已经发现教堂很有趣了
Unfortunately, it no longer has a congregation.
很不幸 它已经不再有圣会了
He will be pleased.
他会很高兴的
怀特伍德教堂开放时间