计划是什么?这只会让你感到困惑。
And what's the plan? It will only confuse you.
听着,我不能再困惑了。
Listen, I can't be any more confused than I already am.
史蒂夫,我宁愿起诉你也不愿为你辩护。
Steve, I would rather be prosecuting than defending you.
为什么?因为我觉得你有罪。
Why? Because I think you're guilty as hell.
好吧,也许我应该找另一个律师。
Well, maybe I should get another lawyer then.
好吧,我并不期待扭曲海军的手臂。
Well, I'm not looking forward to twisting the Navy's arm.
为什么?什么,你害怕黄铜吗?更糟的
Why? What, are you scared of the brass? Worse.
恭敬的
Respectful.
你知道,有时我认为海军是一个总体规划
You know, sometimes I think the Navy's a master plan
由天才设计,供白♥痴♥执行。
designed by geniuses for execution by idiots.
你从哪里听到的?我不可能自己编的?
Where did you hear that? I couldn't have just made that up myself?
葛底斯堡演说也可能是虚构的。你在哪里听到的?
Could have made up the Gettysburg Address too. Where'd you hear it?
这是汤姆·基弗的一句俏皮话。哦
That's one of Tom Keefer's wisecracks. Oh.
托马斯·基弗,你的小说家朋友。是 啊
Thomas Keefer, your novelist friend. Yeah.
他是船上头脑最敏锐的人。他很犀利,好吧。
He's got the sharpest mind on the ship. He's sharp, all right.
他知道奎格所做的一切。
He knows everything Queeg did.
我相信他会的。
I'm sure he does.
审判律师将陈述指控和具体情况。
The trial counsel will state the charge and specification.
冲锋一号♥,叛变。
Charge one, mutiny.
违反《统一军事司法法典》第94条。
Violation of Article 94, Uniform Code of Military Justice.
说明:在斯蒂芬·马里克中尉,
Specification: In that Lieutenant Stephen Maryk,
在凯恩号♥航♥空♥母舰上担任执行官期间,
while serving as executive officer aboard the USS Caine,
于2022年12月18日实施兵变。
did on December 18th, 2022, commit an act of mutiny.
Maryk中尉在没有适当授权的情况下,
Lieutenant Maryk willfully, and without proper authority,
没有正当理由
and without justifiable cause
确实解除了菲利普·弗朗西斯·奎格中校的职务,
did relieve from duty Lieutenant Commander Philip Francis Queeg,
然后担任正式任命的指挥官
then serving as the duly appointed commanding officer
凯恩号♥航♥空♥母舰,
of the USS Caine,
当时他正在合法行使指挥权。
who was then in lawful exercise of his command.
你怎么辩解?
How do you plead?
无罪。
Not guilty.
国防部将规定Maryk中尉
Defense will stipulate that Lieutenant Maryk
在凯恩号♥航♥空♥母舰上担任执行官,
was serving as executive officer aboard the USS Caine,
2022年12月18日。
18 December, 2022.
审判律师,你可以传唤你的第一个证人。
Trial counsel, you may call your first witness.
打电♥话♥给奎格中校。
Call Lieutenant Commander Queeg.
你是否郑重宣誓你所提供的证据将是真实的,
Do you solemnly swear that the evidence you give shall be the truth,
除了真♥相♥什么都没有,所以上帝保佑你?
the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
我知道。
I do.
入座。
Be seated.
[检察官]说明你的姓名、级别和目前的职位。
[prosecutor] State your name, rank and present position.
Philip Francis Queeg,美国海军中校,
Philip Francis Queeg, Lieutenant Commander, United States Navy,
目前隶属于第五舰队总部,正在等待调任。
currently attached to Headquarters, Fifth Fleet, awaiting reassignment.
你认出被告了吗?
Do you recognize the accused?
[Queeg]是的。
[Queeg] Yes.
马里克中尉,美国海军。
Lieutenant Maryk, US Navy.
奎格指挥官,2022年12月18日,
Commander Queeg, on December 18th, 2022,
你是凯恩号♥航♥空♥母舰的指挥官吗?
were you in command of the USS Caine?
是的,我是。
Yes, I was.
凯恩号♥是什么类型的船?
What type of vessel is the Caine?
她的官方名称是MCM。。。水雷对抗船。
Well, her official designation is an MCM... mine countermeasures ship.
她的主要任务是什么?
And what is her primary mission?
凯恩号♥的设计目的是探测和消除海基水雷。
Well, the Caine is designed to detect and neutralize sea-based mines.
我们进行扫雷行动
We conduct minesweeping operations
按照波斯湾任何地方的指示,
as directed anywhere in the Persian Gulf,
重点是霍尔木兹海峡。
with an emphasis on the Straits of Hormuz.
指挥官,2022年12月18日,
Commander, on December 18th, 2022,
你被解除了凯恩号♥的指挥权吗?
were you relieved of command of the Caine?
对
Yes.
由谁?
By whom?
被告,马里克中尉。
The accused, Lieutenant Maryk.
[检察官]这是标准的换表吗?
[prosecutor] Was this a standard watch change?
不,这完全不正常。
No, it was totally irregular.
你会怎么描述它?[嘲笑]
How would you describe it? [scoffs]
好吧,最仁慈的描述应该是这是一个事件,
Well, the most charitable description would be that it was an incident,
令人遗憾的临时事件
a regrettable incident of the temporary
以及军事纪律的彻底崩溃。
and total collapse of military discipline.
指挥官,请说明与这次未经授权的救援有关的所有事实。
Commander, please relate all the facts that bear on this unauthorized relief.
好吧,
Okay, well,
凯恩号♥于12月16日从巴林起飞。
the Caine sortied from Bahrain on December 16th.
我们的任务是从波斯湾通过霍尔木兹海峡扫雷。
Our mission was to sweep for mines from the Persian Gulf through the Straits of Hormuz.
当气旋来临时,操作被取消,
When a cyclone came along the operation was canceled,
小船开始机动以躲避暴风雨。
and the boat started to maneuver to evade the storm.
风暴正向正西方向移♥动♥。
The storm was traveling due west.
[检察官]课程变更的日期和时间是什么?
[prosecutor] What was the date and time of that course change?
那将是18日凌晨,夫人。
Well, that would be early morning of the 18th, ma'am.
正如我所说,当时的风暴非常严重。
And as I say, the storm was pretty bad at that point.
能见度几乎为零。
Visibility was almost zero.
看不到分遣队的其他船只。
Couldn't see any of the other ships in the detachment.
我们在雨中和浪花中盲目航行,
We were sailing blind through the rain and the spray,
伴随着风和大海,
and with the wind and the sea and all,
我们不得不用发动机和方向舵操纵
we had to maneuver using engines and rudders
举♥行♥命令的逃课。
to hold the evasion course that had been ordered.
但是,我们做得很好。
But w-we were doing fine.
然而,我的执行官在游戏的早期,
My executive officer, however, pretty early in the game,
开始表现出异常的紧张症状。
began to show unusual symptoms of nervousness.
这些症状是什么?
What were these symptoms?
例如,他很早就开始说话了。。。
Well, for example, he started talking pretty early...
船开始向南行驶后不可能超过半个小时。。。
Couldn't have been more than half an hour after the ship started running south...
我们需要独♥立♥运作,并转向北方。
That we needed to operate independently and come around to the north.
他为什么要那样做?
Why did he want to do that?
好吧,给你一张照片,气旋正从东方向我们袭来。
Well, to give you the picture, the cyclone was coming at us from the east.
我们在它的西部边缘,
We were on the western edge of it,
这意味着我们所在的地方,风来自正北。
which means where we were, the wind was from due north.
现在,海军准将当然是带着风向南跑,以避开风暴的路径,
Now, the Commodore, of course, was running south with the wind to get out of the storm's path,
这符合所有现有的风暴学说。
which was in accordance with all existing storm doctrine.
然而,我的执行官坚持认为我们的船正处于沉没的边缘
My exec, however, insisted that our ship was on the verge of foundering
我们最好逆风而行,
and that we had better turn into the wind,
如果我们要生存下去,那就是北方。
wh-which was the north, if we were to survive.
现在[咯咯笑]。。。当然,我们的状态并没有那么糟糕。
Now... [chuckles] ...of course, we weren't in that bad of shape.
这就是我所说的紧张。
And that's what I mean by nervousness.
你对北上有什么反对意见,
What was your objection to coming north,
正如你的执行官建议的那样?
as your executive officer suggested?
好吧,这个想法一切都错了,可能都错了。
Well, everything was wrong with that idea that could be wrong with it.
我的意思是,首先,我的命令是向南推进。
I mean, in the first place, my orders were to proceed south.
我的船没有危险。它
My ship wasn't in danger. It...
它运行正常。
It was functioning normally.
呃,在这种情况下退出电台并独♥立♥行动
Uh, to drop out of station and act independently under those circumstances
是不可能的。
is out of the question.
然后绕到北方
And to come around north
将直接将船驶入气旋中心。
would be to head the ship directly into the heart of the cyclone.
这是一个毫无意义的建议,在这种情况下,几乎是自杀。
It was a senseless suggestion and, under the circumstances, almost suicidal.
此后,我检查了12月18日的所有决定
I have since checked all of my decisions of December 18th
和我认识的最优秀的船员,
with the finest ship handlers I know,
排名一直到海军少将,
ranking all the way up to rear admiral,
他们一致认为,在这种情况下,唯一的出路是南方。
and unanimously they agree that the only course in that situation was south.
指挥官,你的最后一句话是道听途说。
[prosecutor] Commander, your last remark was hearsay.
哦,我。。。对不起。
Oh, I'm... I'm sorry.
我不了解这些法律区别
I'm not up on these legal distinctions
我想我应该做得很好。
as well as I should be, I guess.
[检察官]完全没事。
[prosecutor] It's perfectly all right.
辩护律师会删除证词中道听途说的部分吗?
Will defense counsel move to strike out the part of the testimony which was hearsay?
好吧,那就行动吧。
All right, so move.
[检察官]请继续。
[prosecutor] Please continue.
好吧,我只是Maryk坚持让我们回心转意
Well, i-it's just that Maryk's insistence on us coming around
随着天气的恶化,声音变得越来越刺耳。
became more and more strident as the weather deteriorated.
我终于开始关心他了
I finally became concerned about him
突然他向我走来
when suddenly he moved towards me
突然说我在病人名单上,他在帮我。
and out of the blue said I was on the sick list and that he was relieving me.
我。。。老实说,我简直不敢相信自己的耳朵。
I-I... To be honest, I couldn't believe my ears.
电影精选列表