I could allow the corporal to stay until he's recovered.
然后我们可以送他独自上路
And then we could send him on his way, alone.
对
Oh, yes.
要考虑基♥督♥教的博爱
There is Christian charity to be considered.
你一直在谈论他
You keep talking about him
好像他现在不在房♥间里一样
as if he wasn't right here in this room.
我们把他当做敌人有什么说不通吗
Are there doubts if we can really consider him an enemy?
拜托 玛莎女士
Please, Miss Martha!
我允许麦克伯尼下士留在这里
I will allow Corporal McBurney to stay here
直到他的腿痊愈
until his leg is healed.
如果你们有人反对的话
But if any of you is opposed to it,
我现在就去告诉士兵们
I will tell the soldiers right now
他们会决定他的命运如何
and they will decide what his fate would be.
有人反对吗 简小姐
Any of you? Miss Jane?
那好 他可以留在这
Well, then. He will stay.
就这么决定了
The decision is made.
你们大家去睡吧
Off to bed. All of you.
快点 孩子们 快去吧
Come on, girls. Off you go.
我们能去见见那些士兵吗
Can we go greet the soldiers?
不行 不 不
No. No, no.
我不想在他们前进的道路上布下诱惑
I do not want to put temptation in their way.
走吧 姑娘们 艾德温娜小姐
Come on, girls. Miss Edwina.
真是一个多事之夜
This has been quite a night.
不得不说 当他们看见我时
I have to say, when they saw me,
他们说 "这世上没有比
they said, "There is nothing more frightening
一位受了惊吓手拿着枪的女士更可怕的了"
than a startled woman with her gun."
我回来后你能陪我喝一杯白兰地吗 下士
When I return would you care to join me for a Brandy, corporal?
非常乐意 女士
I'd like that very much, ma'am.
你觉得他会在这里待多久
How long do you think he'll stay here?
看起来玛莎女士跟他热络了起来
Miss Martha seems to be warming up to him.
而且我觉得他喜欢待在这里
And I believe he likes it here.
你怎么知道
What would you know?
我单独跟他聊过
I've talked with him privately.
你觉得就因为是你发现他的
You think just because you found him,
你就跟他有什么特殊关系了吗
you have some sort of special relationship with him?
-你只是嫉妒我 -小声点
- You're just jealous. - Shh!
你肯定累坏了
Must be tiring for you.
不得不说挺难熬的
I can't say that it hasn't been a struggle.
我很钦佩你的勇气
Well, I admire your strength.
我知道你一直为这些姑娘们而坚强
I know it must be hard for you to be strong
一定很辛苦
all the time for these girls.
有你这样一位女士
They're lucky to have a woman
为她们如此坚持是她们的福气
such as yourself to keep going for all of them.
我只是想给她们在这样的战乱时代生存下去
I'm just trying to give them what they need
所需要的东西
to survive in these times.
这里和她们要步入的世界截然不同
It's a very different world out there that they're going into.
我觉得她们还没明白
I don't think they realize.
不 她们不可能知道外面的世界是什么样的
No, they can't know what it's like out there.
有时候我觉得好累...
Sometimes I get so tired...
我祈祷着战争快点结束
I pray that the end is near.
我无法理解
I can't make any sense of it,
大家受了多少罪
how much everyone has suffered.
本来就毫无理由
There's no sense to be made of it.
你在战争中失去了爱人吗
Did you have someone before the war?
是的
I did.
很抱歉
Well, I'm sorry.
每个人都失去了太多
Everyone has lost so much.
逃离战场很懦弱
I was a coward to leave.
只有亲眼目睹战争才能知道它的真面目
You don't realize what battle really is until you've seen it.
肯定是毁灭性的
It must be devastating.
我刚从都柏林坐船离开 身无分文
I was fresh off the boat from Dublin and... had nothing.
我花了300块顶替了另一个人的位置
I took $300 to take another man's place.
知道了
I see.
我们都做过不像自己会做的事
We've all done things out of character.
我们会照顾你直到你能自己回家
We will see to it that you make your way home.
谢谢你陪我 下士
Thank you for your company, corporal.
如果你不介意的话 我...
If you'll excuse me, I'll, uh...
我觉得你该休息了
I must insist that you rest.
晚安 女士 晚安
Well, good night, ma'am. Have a good, have a good evenin'.
晚安 下士
Good evening, corporal.
你做到了
You got it!
玛莎女士 玛莎女士 过来看看
Miss Martha! Miss Martha, come look!
怎么了
What is it?
当心点 别让那条伤腿受力太多
Be careful. Don't put too much weight on the bad leg.
好的 女士
Yes, ma'am.
我还是不建议操之过急
I still wouldn't rush nature to take its course,
不过如果你想冒风险这样做...
but if you want to risk doing this...
下士 拜托
Oh, corporal, please.
稳一点
Steady yourself.
你能扶我走到屋外去吗 艾米小姐
Can you help me outside, Miss Amy?
当然可以
Yes, of course.
日安 下士
Good day, corporal.
女士们
Ladies.
今天该你去果菜园了
It's your turn in the kitchen garden.
对 如你所见 我在帮助下士
That's right. I'm helping the corporal, as you can see.
我们也能帮你减轻负担
I'm sure we could relieve you.
不 够了 我来决定你们怎么分工
No, that's enough. I will decide whose work is needed.
走吧 姑娘们
On your way, girls.
是的 女士
Yes, ma'am.
这让我想起我们第一次遇见的时候 你和我
This reminds me of the first time we met, you and me.
你的玫瑰需要修剪了
Your roses need pruning.
那些树篱也乱糟糟的
And those hedges are in terrible shape.
你的整座花♥园♥都需要打理了
Your whole flower garden needs tending.
我明天来弄
I'll-I'll get to it tomorrow.
不行 你什么都别做
Surtout pas! You'll do nothing of the kind.
你有过园艺经验吗 麦克伯尼下士
Have you had much gardening experience, Corporal McBurney?
我做过一些
I've done a bit of it, yeah.
如果你真有园艺天赋
Well, if you really have such a gift for gardenin',
你快康复了可以来帮助我们
you may assist us later in your convalescence.
十分荣幸 女士
It would be my pleasure, ma'am.
来 你有工作要做 艾米小姐
Come. You have work to do, Miss Amy.
你需要的话 这里有些水
Here's some water, if you like.
我正想喝水呢 谢谢你 姑娘
I'd like it very much. Thank you, my girl.
玛莎女士要我回去上课
Miss Martha told me to return to my lessons.
但我跟她说你需要我帮你做事
But I told her all the things you need me to do.
是的 我要指望你帮我不要让我
Yes, I'm counting on you to keep
笨拙的脚踩到鸟窝
me clumsy feet away from birds' nests.
另外还要陪伴我
That, and keep me company.
听着 别告诉别人
Listen, don't tell any of the others,
我觉得你是我在这里最好的朋友了
but I consider you to be my best friend in this whole place.
-真的吗 -当然
- You do? - Yeah, of course I do.
天呐 如果不是你
Geez, if it wasn't for you,
我可能要一直坐在那棵树下了
I'd still be sittin' under that tree.
谢谢你 尊敬的小姐
Thank you, my lady.
你最好不要
You better not be saying
对下士说我们的坏话
any unkind things about us to the corporal.
为什么我要那样做
Now, why would I ever do that?
下士
Corporal.
我想知道你的腿怎么样了
I was wondering how your leg is.
就是一阵阵地疼
It, uh, twinges a bit now and then.
我想也是
I would expect that.
你会记起我当时可是
You will recall I was the one
反对你这么快就下地走路的
who was opposed to you walkin' on it so soon.
是的 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
然而 我欣赏你想尽快活跃的渴望
However... I appreciate your desire to be active.
我能检查一下吗
May I check?
当然 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
这些缝线 针脚紧凑细密
The stitches, uh... They're holding nicely.
伤口愈合得很好
The wound is healin' very well.
你认为我何时能完全伤愈
When do you think I'll be fully recovered?
对一些人来说你现在已经伤愈了