翻开我们的史书
Since the dawn of recorded history,
约有1100多亿人
something like 110 billion human beings
降临过人世
have been born into this world.
却没人能长存
And not a single one of them made it.
地球上有68亿人
There are 6.8 billion people on the planet.
每年要有六千万人死去 六千万
Roughly 60 million of them die every year. 60 million people.
平均每天16万人
That comes out to about 160,000 per day.
我小时候读到过这句话
I read this quote once when I was a kid,
"我们独自降世 孤单终老 尘世之物 皆为虚妄"
"We live alone, we die alone. Everything else is just an illusion."
想到这句话我就彻夜难眠
It used to keep me up at night.
我们都要孤单终老
We all die alone.
那我为什么还要每天奋斗着 挣扎着
So, why am I supposed to spend my life working, sweating, struggling?
就为了虚妄之物吗
For an illusion?
不管我交多少朋友
Because no amount of friends,
泡多少妹子
no girl,
学多少文法
no assignments about conjugating the pluperfect
背多少遍勾股定理
or determining the square root of the hypotenuse
都是一样的归宿
is gonna help me avoid my fate.
我要去做更有意义的事
I have better things to do with my time.
少年乔治的烦恼
你的作业呢 乔治
Do you have your work, George?
-没写 -为什么
- No. - Why not?
-心情不好 -为什么心情不好
- I was depressed. - Oh, yes? Why was that?
因为我意识到我总有一天会死
Because I realized I'm gonna die one day.
我们都是这样的 George
We're all gonna die one day, George.
因为这个不做三角函数作业
I don't think that's a reasonable excuse
可说不过去吧
for not completing your trigonometry exercise.
我的确想做
Well, I was trying to.
但是一想到我终将死去
I just couldn't shake this awareness of my mortality.
一切就都没有意义了
Everything seemed meaningless,
不好意思 您的家庭作业也没有意义
including the assignment, unfortunately.
你现在给我去校长办公室
I want you to go to the principal's office
寻找作业的意义
and find meaning in the homework.
在期末之前补完交给我
Bring it to me completed by the end of the period.
-你迟到了 -我专注学习来着
- You're late. - I was so engrossed in my work.
一会可有你受的
Boy, I wouldn't wanna be you right now.
-我什么都没做 -怎么没做
- I haven't done anything. -You've always done something.
进去吧
You better go.
比尔
Bill.
就算你今年毕业 可以平时出校门
Even though you have off-campus privileges as a senior,
可我要是逮到你抽烟
if you are seen anywhere in the city smoking,
你的这些特权就都没了 留校察看
you have your privileges revoked. Automatic probation.
跟我说这个干嘛
Why are you telling me?
-别以为我闻不出来 -随便你
- You think I can't smell? - You can smell all you want.
说正事吧
Shall we get down to business?
好
Yes, we shall.
这么说吧 你的未来取决于接下来几个月
In a way, your future depends on the next few months.
不只是上大学的事
Not just for college.
接下来的日子对你一生都有影响
I mean, it sets the tone for everything that follows.
我知道你怎么想
Now, I know how you think and I know
你觉得太晚了 再搬出宿♥命♥论♥
you're thinking it's too late and you're gonna be a fatalist
一切就都玩蛋去了
and let it all go to hell.
但是乔治 你要是再这样下去
But, George, if you keep performing the way you are,
别说上大学了 你都毕不了业
forget about college, forget about graduating, even.
那么
So,
这次算是警告 下次就是开除学籍了
this counts as your official warning. Suspension is next.
不是该留校察看吗
I thought probation was next.
别给我咬文嚼字 我不吃这套
Don't play the angles, George. They won't work.
-我也不吃玩笑这套 -我又没开玩笑
- Neither do jokes. - I wasn't joking.
我知道你有才华
I know you're capable.
我真的一点动力也没有
I have a real problem with motivating.
但我尽力而为 试一试
But I think I can do it. I'll try.
好了 走吧
All right, go.
别让我后悔
And don't make me regret it.
谁在这吸烟
Who's smoking up here?
乔治 你在干嘛
George! What do you think you're doing?
不好意思 我
Sorry. I...
今天不太顺
I was having a tough day.
我受不了这种压力 道赫提夫人
I guess the stress finally got to me, Mrs. Dougherty.
乔治 你为什么要吸烟
George, why do you do these things?
-谢谢你 -你受不了什么压力
- Thank you. -Now, what do you mean by stress?
好啊
Hi.
-我收到学校的邮件了 -天啊
- I got an e-mail from your school. - Oh, Jesus.
什么留校观察学习状态
Some kind of academic probation?
需要我帮忙吗
Can I help you?
需要找家教或者找人咨♥询♥一下吗
Can I get you a tutor or a private college advisor?
你要是上不了好大学
If you don't get into a decent school,
就根本找不到工作
then I don't know how you're gonna get a job.
我能处理好
I have it under control.
亲爱的 你要是上不了好大学
Honey, if you don't get into a decent college...
-我要看电视了 -不许去
- I'm gonna go watch TV. - No, you will not watch TV.
你给我待在这
You will stay here
咱俩一起把你升学这件事给解决了
till we can come up with a plan for getting you into college.
今天我很不好过 累了
I had a hard day at school, I'm tired,
我想休息半个小时
and I'm gonna go relax now for half an hour.
然后去做作业 行吗
Then I will do my work. Okay?
乔治
George?
你♥他♥妈♥干嘛呢
The fuck are you doing?
画画呢
I'm drawing.
是给你的静物画素描吗
Are you sketching your subject, you little shit?
是的
Yes.
-我没找到想画的静物 -为什么没有
- I don't have a subject, Harris. - Why the heck not?
不知道
I don't know.
乔治 我要你发掘身边的事物
George, you're going to have to start digging around in there,
好好利用你的小天赋
so you can develop that talent of yours,
开动你那小脑筋
so you can start to use that brain of yours
给大家展示你的美丽小心灵
to express that beautiful heart of yours.
好好想想你要表达什么 然后画出来
So, figure out what you want to say, and say it.
-哈里斯 -什么事
- Harris. - Yes.
我没什么好表达的
I don't have anything to say.
这个必须有
Find something!
-我叫萨莉 -我知道
- I'm Sally. - I know.
-谢谢你替我担罪 -小事一桩
- Thanks for covering for me. - No problem.
你为什么那么做
Why did you?
我也不知道
I don't know.
你那么叛逆
You were doing something so renegade,
不应该担罪
I thought you deserved to get away with it.
我已经违反过无数次校规了
I run afoul of the authorities so often,
所以我比你轻车熟路一点
I figured I could handle it better than you.
你真古怪
You're really weird.
你为什么从来不做作业
So, why don't you ever do your work?
比家庭作业重要的事多着呢
There are so many more important things to think about,
完成了那些再考虑作业
homework ends up seeming like an afterthought.
-你是多动症吗 -不是 他们把我当多动症治的
- ADD? - No, they tried everything.
利他林 利普能[药] 咨♥询♥师什么的都用过了
Ritalin, Lexapro, tutors, therapy.
都没用 我百毒不侵
Nothing worked. I'm the Teflon slacker.
我们其实就是在走向死亡
No, it's more like, we're living in a dying time, you know?
看看全球变暖 战争 恐♥怖♥主♥义♥ 还有海啸什么的
I mean, you got global warming, wars, terrorism, tsunamis.
好吧
Okay...
我们是在逐渐没落
We're definitely on the downhill side.
那我们为什么努力 有什么意义
So, what are we working towards? What's the point?
我也有过恐惧 但都是比较普通的
I thought I had fears, but they're pretty run-of-the-mill.
-痛苦 死亡 -我可不怕
- Pain, death. - Not me.
我怕的是活着
I fear life.
你有朋友吗 乔治
Do you have any friends, George?
我不和人交往
I'm kind of a misanthrope.
我也想交往 但没有办法
Not a choice, just a fact.
好了 帅哥
Okay, handsome.
妈妈 天啊
Mom! Jesus!
好啊小美女
Hi, banana!
进来坐会吗
电影精选列表