等一下 皮特
Alice.
爱丽丝
-Just a minute.
等一下
I told you not to lock this fucking door.
我告诉过你不要锁门
-Just a minute.
等一下
Don't make me break this door, Alice.
别逼我打破这扇门 爱丽丝
What were you doing?
你在干什么
-Nothing.
没什么
Drying off.
擦干身体
Why did you lock the door?
你为什么锁门
I told you not to.
我告诉过你不要
-I'm sorry.
对不起
It's out of habit.
这是出于习惯
I'm sorry.
对不起
I got ya something.
我给你带了点东西
I found it today and it's beautiful.
我今天发现的 它很漂亮
Do you like it?
你喜欢吗
-Mmhmm.
嗯哼
I thought of you when I found it.
当我发现它的时候 我想起了你
-Thank you.
谢谢
What are you waiting for?
你还在等什么
Try it on.
穿上试试
Come on.
来吧
-Okay.
好吧
Um, can I have some privacy?
能给我点私人空间吗
I think you've had enough privacy.
我想你已经有足够的隐私了
Try on the dress.
试试这件衣服
Oh god.
天啊
You're beautiful.
你真漂亮
Absolutely stunning.
绝对的惊艳
-Thanks.
谢谢
I'll give you a moment to put on your face and then it's dinner time.
我给你一点时间梳妆打扮 然后就是晚餐时间了
Leave this open.
把这个打开
You, uh, you went all out, didn't you?
你 呃 你全力以赴了 不是吗
You don't know the half of it.
你连一半都不知道
Look what's on your plate.
看看你盘子里是什么
Go ahead, it's not gonna bite you.
来吧 它又不会咬你
It's from the place in the village.
是从村里的一个地方寄来的
The place we met.
我们相遇的地方
-How did you even ...
你是怎么...
With great difficulty.
费了好大劲
But let's not get into that.
但是我们还是不要谈这个了
This is sort of my way of apologizing to you.
这算是我向你道歉的方式吧
I know I haven't been the most gracious host.
我知道我不是一个最有礼貌的主人
You don't have to say anything, I know it's true.
你什么都不用说 我知道这是真的
I spent the past month in a whirlwind of rage, confusion,
在过去的一个月里我处于愤怒和困惑的旋风中
and pain.
还有痛苦
I wish you'd let me help you, Pete.
我希望你能让我帮你 皮特
I've told you before, you are helping me.
我告诉过你 你在帮我
Your presence is the best thing for me right now.
现在你的出现对我来说是最好的
I'm not myself anymore, Al.
我不再是我自己了 艾尔
I've become something else.
我变成了另外一个人
The drastic changes are obvious, though there is something more subtle at work.
剧烈的变化是显而易见的 尽管还有一些
更微妙的因素在起作用
I'm barely me these days but one thing has remained constant.
这些天我几乎不是我自己 但有一件事一直没有改变
I love you, Alice.
我爱你 爱丽丝
That hasn't changed.
这一点没有改变
You are the thread that Peter Peele is hanging by.
你是彼得 · 皮尔赖以生存的线索
That has to mean something.
这一定意味着什么
-There are treatments.
有治疗方法
Skin grafts, transplants, medication for your pain.
皮肤移植 移植 止痛药
You misunderstand me, Al.
你误会我了 艾尔
The changes don't need to be treated.
这些变化不需要处理
We should celebrate them.
我们应该为他们庆祝
I'm barely myself anymore and I mean that in the best possible way.
我几乎不再是我自己了 我的意思是以最好的方式
Granted, this new form isn't perfect, but I
think you and I could perfect it together.
当然 这种新形式并不完美 但我认为你
和我可以一起完善它
If you'll help me.
如果你肯帮我的话
Of course I'll help you.
我当然会帮你
I just want you to be better.
我只是想让你变得更好
Being better is entirely the point.
变得更好才是最重要的
Cancer is quite.
癌症是相当的
It kills over 20,000 people a day, Alice.
它每天杀死超过两万人 爱丽丝
We spent years and billions trying to fight the disease when
we should have been straightening our sense of instinct.
我们花费了数年和数十亿美元试图与疾病
作斗争 而我们本应该矫正我们的本能
-You're talking genetic modification.
你说的是基因工程
We've altered the genetics of an enzyme.
我们改变了一种酶的基因
It wasn't entirely successful, but we did it.
虽然不是很成功 但我们做到了
The key isn't to find the cure.
关键不是找到治疗方法
The solution is to alter and improve.
解决的办法是改变和改进
-We genetically altered a simple enzyme.
我们改变了一种简单的酶的基因
Genetically engineering an entire human being is something completely different.
从基因上改造整个人类是完全不同的
-It's not quite what I had in mind.
这和我想的不太一样
Just.
只是
Stop it, stop it, just stop!
别说了 别说了 别再说了
-Pete!
皮特
-What?
什么
No, no!
不 不
Well, I hope you're happy.
我希望你开心
You've ruined dinner.
你毁了晚餐
I guess your food is gonna go to waste.
我想你的食物要浪费了
Can you even imagine the looks they gave me at the drive-thru window?
你能想象他们在汽车餐厅窗口给我的眼神吗
Don't matter.
没关系
Just because you've chosen to go hungry doesn't mean I have to suffer.
你选择挨饿并不意味着我要受苦
This will actually be educational for you.
这实际上对你是有教育意义的
I call this Goldbluming.
我把这叫做 "金口玉言"
Prepare yourself.
做好准备
I'm.
我是
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm sorry.
对不起
I just didn't want you to scream.
我只是不想让你尖叫
I didn't mean for you to choke.
我不是故意让你窒息的
Better?
好点了吗
Are you ready to go back upstairs?
你准备好上楼了吗
You are ungrateful, wasteful, and disrespectful.
你忘恩负义 浪费 无礼
I'm gonna punish you now.
我现在要惩罚你
You know that I love you, right?
你知道我爱你 对吧
No, you don't.
不 你不知道
You never did.
你从来没有
How could you say that?
你怎么能这么说
-Because you wouldn't do this to somebody that you love.
因为你不会对你爱的人这么做
You're not in love with me, Pete.
你没有爱上我 皮特
You're obsessed with me.
你被我迷住了
You used to be able to mask it but now ...
你以前可以掩饰 但现在..
How could you think that?
你怎么会这么想
After all that I've done for you?
在我为你做了那么多之后
-All you've done for me?
你为我做的一切
I'm tied to a fucking chair!
我被绑在椅子上了
You made me shit in a bucket.
你让我在桶里拉屎
You're keeping me here like a prisoner.
你把我像囚犯一样关在这里
You never gave me the fucking chance!
你从来没给过我机会
I was so good to you and you went and fucked those idiots.
我对你那么好 你却去和那些白♥痴♥上♥床♥
Why wasn't I good enough?
为什么我不够好
-Because that's not how it works!
-因为事情不是这样的
You're my friend, Pete, and I loved you, but I wasn't attracted to you.
你是我的朋友 皮特 我爱你 但是我不喜欢你
But I was so good to you!
但是我对你那么好
-Yes, yes, you were.
-是的 是的 你是
And you know what?
你知道吗
Your reward was my friendship.
你的回报就是我的友谊
That's how friendship works.
这就是友谊的作用
I'm sorry it wasn't good enough for you.
我很抱歉这对你来说不够好