赛琳娜
我养的狗都比它大
I have dogs bigger than that.
我还以为真如你所说 这有豹子呢
I thought you said there were panthers here.
我有九年没在这些山上见过一头了
I ain't seen a panther in these mountains for nine years.
那在诺兰发现的沙锥鸟尸体 怎么解释
Then what about the carcass Snipes found up in Noland?
-它们遭到了袭击 -那就是有豹子了
-Something mauled that. -That weren't no panther.
那些鸟没有被开膛破肚
The chest weren't tore open.
豹子先把心吃了
They eat the heart first.
你帮我找一头活的黑豹
You find me an honest-to-God panther to hunt
我给你二十个金币
and I'll give you a $20 gold piece.
如果那头黑豹还在这附近 可能早就死了
If there's a panther still around, it's likely touched by the devil.
要不就是回过头来 把你捕杀了
May end up hunting you.
好吧 我要一头
Well, I want one.
彭伯顿木材公♥司♥
沃恩 让那个女孩把饭给我端上来好吗
Vaughn. Would you have the girl bring me my meal?
-倒了 -快闪开
-Coming down! -Stand clear!
注意木材
Timber!
乔治
George!
好了 拿到旁边
All right, bring her around.
艾伯特 什么风把你吹来了
Albert! What are you doing out here?
给你银行的来信
Well, a letter came from the bank.
哦 没什么好担心的
Oh, it's nothing to worry about.
你得和他们再谈谈贷款的问题了
Look, you're going to have to renegotiate the loan.
我下周去波士顿处理 这个事别急
I'll go up to Boston next week and settle it. Don't fret.
提起来 快点
Get it up! Come on.
-别忘了 这是我叔叔的老搭档 -话虽如此但是
-My uncle's a partner. Don't forget. -That's right but still.
你看 如果我们把铁路铺到北面的山上
See, if we go up the north ridge
那我们就可以把木材运出去
and we carry it all the way down...
把它搬开
Get it off!
快点搬开 快点搬开
Get it off! Get it off! Get it off!
有传言称国会正在 卡罗莱纳州兴建国家公园
Rumour has it that Congress is creating a national park in Carolina.
嗯 这很有可能
Well, the park may come.
等政♥府♥开始征地的时候
By the time the government takes the land,
那里就没有树可以砍了
there won't be a tree standing.
乔治 问题是这阵子股票崩♥盘♥
The trouble is, George, with this recent market crash,
我担心你的股票不足以作为抵押来
I'm afraid your stocks are no longer sufficient collateral
换取一大笔贷款了
for us to roll a loan over.
我的意思是 我所有的钱都压在卡罗莱纳州
I mean, all my capital is wrapped up in Carolina.
巴西的这块地怎么样
What about this land in Brazil?
我一点都没有兴趣
I'd rather not touch that.
你本应该趁那时和佩格·洛厄尔结婚的
You should have married Peg Lowell when you had the chance.
那样你就不用和那些银行家们点头哈腰了
Then you wouldn't have to bow and scrape for your bankers.
你的消息很灵通不是吗
Well, you're up on the news, aren't you?
没错 所以你应该没事就和姐姐我聊聊
I am. That's why you should talk to your sister more often.
-这周我去过了 -就一次
-I came to visit you this week. -Once.
多长时间了
In how long?
我真不知道 你在山里的某个地方忙着什么
I don't know what you're doing tearing down that mountain,
天知道是为了什么
God knows where, and for what?
为什么你做事总是让人捉摸不透
Why can't you ever do anything sensible?
我的事不用你管 多谢
I'm doing quite well, thank you.
-有什么需要帮助的 -没有 谢谢
-Will there be anything else? -No, thank you.
那个让你口水直流的女人
That woman you're slavering over
其实是个当地人 你知道吧
is practically an aborigine, you know.
在一个伐木场长大的
Raised on a timber camp.
一个伐木场
A timber camp?
嗯 我以为你知道的
Yes, I thought you'd like that.
不幸的是伐木场毁于一场大火 她的家人也葬身火海
Unfortunately, it burned down and killed her whole family.
火灾过后的两天
And two days after the fire,
一个救援队发现赛琳娜徘徊在废墟
a rescue party found Serena wandering in the ruins,
她还在呼喊着死去兄弟姐妹的名字
calling for her dead brothers and sisters.
当时她全身是灰 人们以为她是个幽灵呢
She was so covered in ash, they thought she was a ghost.
她很漂亮
She is beautiful.
脑子有问题
Wounded.
对树很着迷
Mad for trees.
真遗憾 你和她没戏了
It's a pity you don't stand a chance with her.
你跟着我做什么
What are you doing?
-我就想和你打个招呼 -好吧 你好
-I just wanted to say hello. -Well, hello.
乔治·彭伯顿
George Pemberton.
赛琳娜·肖
Serena Shaw.
我觉得你应该嫁给我
I think we should be married.
我等不及要去那了
I can't wait to get there.
噢 欢迎回来
Oh! Welcome back!
-美妙的旅行 -太好了
-Splendid trip. -Good!
-我真想快点告诉你 -是嘛
-I can't wait to fill you in. -Yeah.
你可不要费尽心思的迎接我
I hope you didn't get all dolled up on my account.
不会的
Oh, no, no.
-你好 -你好
-Hello. -Hello.
嗯
What...
这是我太太如何
Well, what do you think of my wife?
什么 为什么不告诉我你结婚了
What? Why didn't you tell me? I, you know...
天啊 乔治 你怎么没告诉我昵
Jesus, George! Why didn't you tell me?
我本想你知道的
I would have, you know...
这是布坎南 是我最好的帮手
This is Buchanan. He's my right-hand man.
-赛琳娜·彭伯顿 -哦
-Serena Pemberton. -Oh.
布坎南先生 难道你不懂如何优雅地握手吗
Don't you know how to shake hands properly, Mr Buchanan?
当然 我当然懂 很高兴见到你
Well, of course I do. I'm very happy to meet you.
嗯 热烈欢迎
And... well, welcome!
那么加洛韦找到我想要的黑豹了吗
So did Galloway find my panther yet?
有个工人在劳雷尔街上发现了一些踪迹
Well, a worker found some tracks up on Laurel Creek
但加洛韦认为那只是山猫之类的
but Galloway thinks that was a bobcat.
-这常会有豹子出现 -不 不 不用太担心
-Are panthers common here? -No, no, nothing to worry about.
我是说 确实有些可疑之处
I mean, there's some question as to
否则也不会留下这些踪迹了
whether there are any left at all.
在天黑前我想去新房♥子里看看
I was hoping to see my new home before it gets dark.
当然可以
Yes, of course.
-那个女孩 -没关系的
-That girl... -It doesn't matter.
我们的爱始于我们相遇的那天
Our love began the day we met.
我不介意之前发生过什么
Nothing that happened before even exists.
闭上眼睛
Keep your eyes closed.
手伸出来
Give me your hand.
走下来注意别碰到头
Step down. Watch your head.
再走点 走点 好的 等等
One more. One more. Okay. Okay. Wait.
数到三 你就睁开眼睛
On three, you can open your eyes.
一 二 三
One, two, three.
乔治 这太漂亮了
That's beautiful, George.
好戏才刚刚开始
And that's just the start.
我在巴西买♥♥了处非常棒的地♥产♥
I bought an amazing property in Brazil.
-巴西 -是的
-Brazil? -Yes.
绵延数百英里的原始森林 全是红木
Virgin forest for hundreds of miles. Mahogany.
原生态之美
Raw and beautiful.
百分百没有开♥发♥过
Completely untouched.
美国永远找不到那样的地方
Can't find something like that in America.
正是你想要的不是吗
You want that, don't you?
胜过一切
More than anything.
我从没想过我能遇到你
I never thought I'd find you.
我从没想过我能遇到谁
I never thought I'd find anyone.
真的 你不会知道的
Really. You have no idea.
医生 医生
Doc! Doc!
过来
Come on.
钱尼 给我们再拿一个
Chaney! Got ourselves another one.
太晚了 我无能为力了 把他放到椅子上吧
You're too late. There's nothing I can do. Put him in the chair.
响尾蛇
Rattlesnake?
是的 你离开后情况就变得糟糕起来
Yeah, it's gotten worse since you left.
工人们吓坏了 工期就被拖延了
The crews get spooked and fall behind.
最近两个月已经死了六个人了
We've lost six men in the last two months.
见鬼
Shit.
在科罗拉多 我们饲养一只训练有素的鹰专门用来抓蛇
In Colorado, we had a trained eagle to keep the snakes under control.
彭伯顿太太
Right. Well,
我认为在卡罗莱纳州想找只鹰不太可能
I don't think you'll find any eagles in Carolina, Mrs Pemberton.
我们可以引进一只
Well, we should import one.
是的 当然了 我们可以引进一只
Yeah, of course. Yeah, we should import one.