这位是伊隆·马斯克
You look at a guy like Elon Musk.
他为空间站提供可回收使用的火箭
He builds reusable rocket ships to supply the space station.
也是美国最大的太阳能供应商
He's the biggest installer of solar in America,
还生产世上加速最快的电动跑车
and he built the best-rated car ever made, and it's electric.
莉兰妮认识伊隆·马斯克
Leilani knew Elon Musk.
我们正在做着极其愚蠢的事
I think we are currently doing something very, very dumb,
不断试探海洋和大气
which is to run this experiment
究竟能容纳多少二氧化碳
on how much CO₂ the oceans and atmosphere can hold.
想让人类的未来免受自然灾害
In order to have a future that does not result in an environmental catastrophe,
避免滥用石油带来的经济崩溃
Followed by economic collapse which is what would occur if we didn't get off oil,
这是我们研发电动汽车的目的
That's why we have to have electric cars.
我们今天可以开辆车试试
I think we want to put in an order for a car today.
好 开辆试试
Excellent. We'll take one.
好快啊
It's pretty quick.
载重一百斤还能这么快吗
Is this gonna go that fast with 105 pounds on it?
能
Yeah.
好了
Oh, yeah.
它的焦长...是有点夸张
You know, I mean,... the focal length on it is crazy,
不过能投射到非常远的地方
but you'll be able to shoot really far with it.
可以放大影像到几十米外
You can zoom hundreds of feet from something
甚至几百米外 还能拉近
or like 1, 000 feet and scale it.
几百米都可以吗
Thousands of feet with this?
可以
Yeah.
这大概能投影多远
About how far will these project?
1600米
A mile.
我再帮你们把声音放大三倍
Now, I'm building one for you guys that's three times louder than this.
一瞬间 全是这种美妙的声音
Whoa! Suddenly, there's just this amazing sound.
你听不见吗
You can't hear that?
我们从海洋生物获取灵感 比如浮游生物
We've taken inspiration from ocean creatures, like plankton,
乌贼 用光作为交流工具
cuttlefish, that use the light as a communication device
还有它的伪装 加上些电子冷光涂层
or a camouflage, and added an electro-luminescent paint job.
太美了
Incredible.
有了移♥动♥投影仪 我们可以去任何地方投影
With the mobile projection, we can go anywhere we want with it.
可以去高速公路 高楼大厦
We can take it to the highways. We can take it to big buildings.
也可以去街头巷尾
We can take it to the streets.
还可以在莉兰妮开车的时候
And we'll be able to project CO₂ emissions in real time
把车尾排放的二氧化碳投射出来
out of the projector of the back of the vehicle while Leilani's driving.
这是合法的
So, that's legal.
这合法吗
That's legal?
除非你按这个键
Until you push that.
很有用吧
That works, right?
那是合法的
That's legal.
行了 准备就绪
Okay, it's ready to go, boss.
我觉得把大自然带进城市
My feeling is that by bringing nature to the city,
希望能鼓励人们保护这些生物
We're hopefully able to inspire people to actually help save these creatures.
泰国 曼谷
还有许多物种亟待保护
There's a lot of species that need protection.
大多数需要保护的物种从未被列入名单
Most species that are deserving never get listed.
经过四年努力 我们终于成功使蝠鲼进入
After a four-year campaign, we finally managed to get mantas on the docket
2013年华盛顿公约会议议题
at the 2013 CITES meeting.
我要放一段视频 给你们看看我们的行动
So, what I want to show you here is a video hat shows what we're doing.
很多人说 你无法打败金钱
Most people say you can't beat money.
你无法打败政♥治♥
You can't beat politics.
你无法光凭希望和激♥情♥打败那些东西
You can't beat those things with just hope and inspiration.
我们要让大众拒绝消费这些动物
We have to make it socially unacceptable to consume these animals.
我们活在高度视觉化的世界 影像的力量非常巨大
I think we live in a very visual world. Imagery is very powerful.
进一个房♥间 屋里的人可能说15种不同语言
Cause you can walk into a room, they might speak 15 different languages.
可你给他们看一张照片 他们就懂了 全懂了
But you show them a photograph, people get it. They understand.
"喝被保护的汤"
"Supping on conservation soup. "
这里 是香港的屋顶
There we go. there's the Hong Kong rooftop.
有请各位进入下一议程...
添加蝠鲼种群至附录二
作为欧盟及成员国克罗地亚的代表
我们支持添加蝠鲼种群至附录二
南非作为成员国 支持提案
中国...
不支持该项提案 感谢议长女士
收到 现在出发
Copy that. Let's just go for it now.
系安全带了吗
You got your seat belt on?
投影汽车试行
系了
Yeah.
向右转
Let's take a right.
直走 直走
Just keep on going, keep on going.
很好
Good.
你们在车里拍什么
So, what are you filming in the vehicle?
是车顶上的光
Oh, it's a light on top of the vehicle.
你们在记录什么
So, what are you documenting?
在工业区取点景
Yeah. And we're getting shots in industrial areas.
为什么在工业区
Why industrial areas?
投射在车上更好看点
The reflections on the car look prettier.
你们最好去别处拍
You might want to do it somewhere else.
那我们能拍工厂冒出的烟么
What if we photograph your smoke?
那不是烟
That's not smoke.
那是什么
What is it?
那是蒸汽
That's steam.
那我们能拍蒸汽吗
So, if we film your steam, is that okay?
不行
No.
我想让人们明白 我们是地球仅存的
I want people to understand that we're the only generation left
最后一代能拯救这些动物的人了
that can save these animals.
我们不能寄希望于后人来拯救我们
There's no other future generation that we can count on to save us.
唯有自救
It's us.
我们没有达成共识
工作人员 请展示投票结果
支持-91票 反对-39票
太好了
Yes!
想在拉马♥凯♥拉这样的偏僻村落产生影响
The only way you're gonna effect change
唯一办法就是给他们提供别的选择
in a remote community like Lamakera is to present an alternative.
华盛顿公约上的成功
With the CITES victory,
让蝠鲼进了保护名册
we succeeded in getting manta rays listed for protection,
印尼全国范围内
which led to a national ban on all fisheries
禁止捕杀蝠鲼
for manta rays throughout all of Indonesia.
其实 伤害蝠鲼都是违法行为
In fact, it's illegal to even harm one,
将被判一年以下至一年的徒刑
and it can result in up to a year in prison.
这个法案...创造了新的可能性
That law... it creates new possibilities.
对 这是我们的剧场 对 投影仪
Yeah. That's our theater. Yeah. Projector.
还有 发电机在哪
And, then, where is the electric?
从保护自然资源的角度来看
And in the world of conservation,
那些小机会和小门道
those small opportunities and those small doorways
经常会引起质的变化
that you open often lead to those breakthrough moments.
现在 下一步...就是看有没有效果
Now, whether it works... that's the next step.
我是个渔民
如果我们继续这么捕捞蝠鲼
恐怕不会再有蝠鲼了
它们会灭绝
这种事千万别发生
我们要减少蝠鲼的捕捞量
我们的后代才能知道蝠鲼长啥样
拉马♥凯♥拉
Lamakera.
"我们的村子"
"There's our village. "
我们想让他们用一种全新视角
We want them to get an entirely new view,
去看这些动物
that the stuff they go out in the water
他们天天看到并捕杀的动物
and they see every day and they stick a spear in
活着比死掉更有魅力
is worth far more alive than dead.
把捕猎文化转化成旅游文化
The concept of converting this hunting culture to a tourism culture
乍一听没什么希望
on the surface seems pretty daunting,
但我们展示了我们在其他地方成功的案例
but we show them the success stories that we've had in these other areas,
那些自然资源匮乏的地方 现在却欣欣向荣
places in the world that had very little and now are thriving.
这些孩子将会被这个片子影响
These kids are gonna be really influenced by this,
他们是未来的领导者
And they're gonna be the guides of the future.
我们只是传递了信息给他们
We're just bringing a message.
该怎么做 他们决定
It's really up to them.
等下 天上有东西
Something's up in the air.
漂亮
Oh, nice.
我们能做到的
We can make this happen.
在我们面临更多动物灭绝的时候
As we face more and more animal extinctions,
我们需要更多这样不服输的人
we need more and more of these indomitable spirits.
要让更多人了解这是值得去做的事
And we need more people to understand it's worth doing.
我们日常生活中的微不足道的决定
The small choices we make each day
能带领我们走向我们所希望的未来
can lead to the kind of world that we all want for the future.
难归去