在欧洲经历二十年的战争之后 英国威灵顿公爵带领英国♥军♥队及其同盟军
在普鲁士陆军元帅布吕歇尔及其军队的帮助下
最终在滑铁卢战役击败了拿破仑·波拿巴领导的法国
首相大人
The Prime Minister.
大人们 我相信议院没有必要
My Lords, I believe it unnecessary
对我接下来提交的动议
long to occupy the attention of the House upon the subject of
花费过多精力
the motion which I am about to submit.
受到尊敬的陛下 我们摄政王的召唤
I am called upon by His Royal Highness, the Prince Regent,
我提出一个经过深思熟虑的方案
to propose a measure calculated farther
来纪念我们伟大的惠灵顿公爵的丰功伟绩
to commemorate the glory of the Duke of Wellington.
同意 同意
Hear, hear.
像6月18日那样的英雄壮举
After such an heroic action as that of the 18th of June,
一场展示将军
after a victory which presented a display
所有美好品质的伟大胜利之后
of all the great qualities of a general
无论是防御战还是进攻战
whether for defensive or offensive warfare,
无论是顽强抵抗还是英勇进攻
whether for resistance or attack,
无论是他的勇气 毅力还是技巧
whether for gallantry, perseverance, or skill -
我会问
I would ask whether,
在这场空前绝后的胜利之后
after a victory unparalleled in history,
议会是否能履行其职责
Parliament could be conceived to do its duty,
是仅限于表决一票感谢
if it merely confined itself to a vote of thanks,
无视舆♥论♥对于
and declined to present any further evidence
这场伟大胜利的英勇领袖的感激之情
of public gratitude to the valiant leader of such a signal victory...
还是拒绝给这位伟大的征服者
if it refused to make an adequate provision
和他家人丰厚的回报
for this celebrated conqueror and his family.
我在此提出一项决议
I move a resolution
为了进一步表示议会 乃至大英帝国
that this House grant to His Grace,
对于惠灵顿公爵的感激之情
the Duke of Wellington, as farther proof
应该奖励公爵大人
of the gratitude of the British nation...
75万英镑
the sum of £750,000.
同意 同意 同意 同意
Hear, hear! Hear, hear!
宾将军
General Byng, sir,
西德默斯子爵现在有空了
Lord Sidmouth is now at liberty erm...
小心台阶 先生
Oh, beware the step, sir, yes.
进来
Enter.
大人 宾将军
G-General Byng, Your Lordship.
约翰爵士
Sir John.
-内政大臣 -欢迎 先生
- Home Secretary. - Welcome, sir.
请 快请坐
Pray, do be seated.
谢谢您
I thank you.
让我想想
Let me see...
你父亲 他的身体一定很不错吧
Yes, your father. I trust he is in good health?
很遗憾他身体并不好 先生
Sadly not, sir.
是吗 不 请原谅我的冒犯
Yes. No, please, do forgive me.
尽管我们的政见不同
I did so enjoy his company
但我还是怀念跟你父亲做同僚的日子
despite our differing opinions.
-极好的同伴 -谢谢您 先生
- Splendid fellow. - Thank you, sir.
很荣幸能和您见面
It is a great honour to be in your presence.
大人 这是我的荣幸
The honour is all mine, Your Lordship.
你的功绩完全不逊色于奥林匹克
Your achievements have been nothing short of... Olympic.
先生 您太抬举我了
You flatter me, sir.
进来
Enter.
早上好 大人
Good morning, Your Lordship.
早上好 先生
Good morning, sir.
先生 您要喝点茶吗
Would you care for some tea, sir?
不 谢谢 夫人
No, thank you, madam. Oh.
您今天感觉怎么样 西德默斯大人
And how are you feeling today, Lord Sidmouth?
好多了 谢谢你 莫斯太太
Much better, thank you, Mrs Moss.
这真令人高兴
I'm so very pleased to hear it.
茶在这
There we are.
谢谢 先生们
Thank you, gentlemen.
大人 我必须承认
I must own, Your Lordship,
除了打仗 我对其他的几乎一窍不通
that my knowledge of life is limited beyond that of a soldier.
还有 恕我直言
And... you'll forgive me for saying,
我很少参与政♥治♥活动
but I have little time for politics.
很好 先生
Excellent, sir.
我自己也很少参加政♥治♥活动
I have little time for politics myself.
先生 你
You, sir, are...
要我来说的话 你是完全合适的
..perfectly qualified, if I may say so.
我可以问一下我出任什么职务吗
Might I ask how I may be of service?
我想任命你为
I would wish to appoint you
北区指挥官
Commander of the Northern District.
北区 不是爱尔兰吗
The Northern District? Not Ireland?
-不 先生 不是爱尔兰 -明白了
- No, sir, not Ireland. - I see.
你对英格兰北部熟悉吗
Might you be familiar with the North of England?
不怎么熟悉 先生
Barely, sir.
我已故的母亲是约克郡人
My late mother was Yorkshire.
她的家族住在温特沃斯城♥堡♥
Her family seat was Wentworth Castle.
惠灵顿对你的成就
Wellington has nothing but the highest praise
赞不绝口
for your achievements.
谢谢您 先生
Thank you, sir.
我很荣幸
I had the great privilege of
能和他并肩作战
serving alongside His Grace on many a campaign.
约克郡的确是一个很不错的郡
Yorkshire is indeed a splendid county.
然而 在彭尼山的另一边
However, on the other side of the Pennine Hills...
曼彻斯特
..in Manchester...
以及兰开夏郡的周边城镇
and the surrounding towns of Lancashire,
有隐患
there is a sickness.
有泛滥的暴♥动♥威胁
A dangerous threat of rampant insurrection.
的确 先生
Indeed, sir.
进来
Enter.
啊 霍普豪斯
Ah, Hobhouse.
约翰·宾将军
General Sir John Byng,
霍普豪斯先生 我的常务副秘♥书♥长♥
Mr Hobhouse, my permanent under-secretary.
很荣幸见到你 约翰爵士
It is a great honour to meet you, Sir John.
现在 霍普豪斯 从今以后约翰爵士
Now, Hobhouse, henceforth Sir John
将有全部权限调阅有关北方
is to enjoy full access to all files
煽动暴♥乱♥的文件
concerning seditious activity in the North.
-非常好 -您的意思是
- Excellent. -Am I to understand
希望我立刻着手开始吗
that you wish me to commence forthwith?
的确如此
Indeed we do.
-好的 先生 -很好
- Very well, sir. - Splendid.
这是去曼彻斯特的路吗
Is this the way to Manchester?
是的 你走的没错 小伙子
Aye, you're on t'right track, lad.
-继续走就行 -谢谢你
- Just keep going. - Thanking you.
约瑟夫
Joseph!
快来 儿子 快坐下来
Come on, Son. Let's sit thee down.
来坐这
Come on.
这是什么
What's this?
把这个脱下来
Let's get this off you.
快点 孩子
Come on, Son.
好了
There we go. Come on.
快来 儿子
Come on, Son.
来吧 把这个喝了
Come on, get this down you.
来吧 儿子
Come on, Son.
别呛到了
Hey, now - no skriking.
来吧
Come on.
嘿 来
Hey, come on.
妈妈在这呢
Mother's here.
妈妈在这呢
Mother's here.
你好啊 儿子
Now, Son.
他当时一直在流血
He were bleeding.
-阿吉 一切都好吗 -一切都好 爸爸
- Right, Aggie? - All right, Father
血顺着他的脸流下来
It were streaming down his face.
-真的吗 -真的
- Were it? - Aye.
不过 这是他应得的
He deserved it, though.
他这个星期已经迟到三次了
He's been late three times this week.
是啊 他当时一直在流血
Aye, he were bleeding.
真的是一团糟
A right mess.
他已经筋疲力尽了
He's wiped out.
他当时吓坏我了
He gave me the fright of me life.
-他说什么了吗 -没 一句都没有
电影精选列表