1679年 纽约
妈妈
Mother!
鬼债
妈妈
Mom.
嘿
Hey.
有东西在我窗外
There's something outside my window.
宝贝 你做噩梦了 是吗
Oh, baby, you're having a nightmare, huh?
好吧
Okay.
我带你回床上吧
Let me put you back to bed.
我要爸爸带我去
I want Daddy to do it.
我们一起等他怎么样
How 'bout we wait for him together, huh?
进来 带上熊
Come on in. Bring Bear.
有我呢
I gotcha.
我们会保证彼此安全的
We'll keep each other safe.
见鬼
Shit.
嗨
Hi.
你想好了吗
Did you figure it out?
什么
What?
万圣节当什么
What you're gonna be for Halloween.
或许吧
Maybe.
但你得
But you're gonna have to
等到明天才能知道
wait until tomorrow to find out.
我要当海盗
I'll be a pirate.
不错的选择
Ah, good choice.
买♥♥了南瓜后
Mom helped me pick it out
妈妈帮我选的
after we got the pumpkin.
妈妈说她要和我一起雕刻
Mom said she'd carve it with me,
但我想等你来
but I wanted to wait for you.
好吧
Well...
我们明天弄吧
We'll do it tomorrow,
就在不给糖果就捣蛋之前 好吗
just before we go trick or treating, okay?
保证
Promise?
我保证
I promise.
好了 睡吧
Now, go back to sleep.
对了 爸爸
Oh, and Dad...
怎么了
Yes?
你能查看下我的窗户吗
Can you check outside my window?
我看到了些什么
I saw something.
当然能
Sure.
没什么 一切正常
Nope, all clear.
我爱你 爸爸
I love you, Dad.
我也爱你 儿子
I love you too, son.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我越来越讨厌你不和我一起睡了
I'm getting tired of going to bed without you.
他们在观望的话 我得
If they're on the fence, I'm going to have to
尽快发表另一篇文章了
publish another article as soon as I can.
-他们在观望吗 -不知道
-Are they on the fence? -I don't know.
本来现在就差不多已经收到信了
Just seems like I would've received a letter by now.
今晚查理想熬夜等你的
Charlie wanted to wait up for you tonight.
我觉得
I think,
明天你要是不和他雕南瓜
if you don't carve that pumpkin with him tomorrow,
他就会和你断绝关系
he's going to disown you.
他可以那么做吗
Can he do that?
他有正当理由就可以
I think he'd have a case, yeah.
你呢
And what about you?
你也准备和我断绝关系吗
Are you ready to disown me, too? Huh?
我能当那是不会吗
Can I take that as a no?
我可不想你觉得我没生你气 好吗
I don't want you to think I'm not mad at you, okay?
我亲爱的 我亲爱的 我看得清清楚楚
"My darling,my darling, I see it aright.
这些是欺骗你眼力的灰色老柳树
Tis the aged gray willows deceiving thy sight."
我爱你
"I love thee!
我被你的美丽所迷住 亲爱的男孩
I'm charmed by thy beauty, dear boy!
如果你不愿意 那我就要强行揽纳
And if thou'rt unwilling, then force I'll employ."
我的父亲 我的父亲 他快速地抓住了我
"My father, my father, he seizes me fast,
最终妖精之王狠狠伤害了我
For sorely the Erl-King has hurt me at last."
仓皇的父亲现在策马加鞭
The father now gallops, with terror half wild,
他把在发抖的可怜孩子夺入怀中
He grasps in his arms the poor shuddering child,
他带着劳累和恐惧来到了他的院子
He reaches his courtyard with toil and with dread,
他发现他怀中的孩子一动不动 死了
The child in his arms finds he motionless, dead.
很不错吧
Pretty good, huh?
凯尔
Kyle.
妖精之王是谁
Who is this, uh, Earl Linking?
还有他怪异的女儿们
And his creepy daughters.
我们幷不清楚
We don't know for sure.
他们或许是北欧神话里的生物
They might be creatures out of northern mythology.
或是某个凯尔特传说里的
Or some Celtic lore.
或只是从约翰·沃尔夫冈·冯·歌♥德的噩梦里走出来的
Or they simply stepped out of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's nightmares.
但你们今晚外出时
But when you go out tonight,
替洛夫克拉夫特想想
spare a thought for Lovecraft.
也替斯托克 坡
For Stoker, for Poe...
还有哥德的妖精之王想想
And for Goethe's Erl-King.
因为他们都被一个伟大而崇高的目标所束缚
'Cause they were all bound by one great, and noble objective.
那就是要把你们吓出热翔
To scare the living shit out of you.
万圣节快乐
Happy Halloween.
你好
Hello, hello, hello!
嘿 妈妈
Hey, Mom.
我的小海盗在哪
Where's my little pirate?
妈妈 看好了
Mom, check it out.
好棒的室内活动
That's a great indoor activity.
-没错 -你...
-Yeah. -You...
你看上去好棒
You look amazing.
他激动得不得了吧
He's on fire, huh?
他很兴奋
He's so excited.
海盗看上去极好
The pirate looks perfect,
非常感谢
thank you very much.
我们明天见吧
And we'll see you tomorrow, yeah?
好
Oh, yes.
万圣节快乐
Happy Halloween!
你也是 柔萨
Happy Halloween to you, too, Rosa.
爸爸什么时候回家
When's Dad coming home?
他现在应该在路上了
He should be on his way right now.
-柔萨带你去上美术课了 -是的
-Rosa take you to art class? -Yeah.
我想看看
I wanna see.
查理 这真吓人
Charlie, that's really scary.
你想和我说说它吗
You wanna tell me about that?
这是我看见在窗外的东西
That's the thing I saw outside my window.
我记得你跟我说过你看不见的
I thought you told me you couldn't see it?
我隐约看见了
I kinda saw it.
看上去就有点像这样
It just kinda looked like that.
我们已经可以出发了吧
Can we go, already?
爸爸哪去了
Where's Dad?
-什么事 -汉娜
-Yeah? -Hannah...
迈克尔 过来 过来
Oh, Michael, come here, come here.
来 看下这个
Come, look at this.
它上周被冲上了琼斯海滩
It washed ashore last week on Jones Beach.
那些是什么 拉丁数字
What are those, Latin numerals?
没错 那是M和D
Exactly. It's an M and a D,
还一个可能是C
and possibly a C.
Sixteen hundred.
他们过去常把造船年份刻在船上
They used to engrave ships with the year they were built,
这表明这块浮木曾是
which means this piece of driftwood was once
一艘船船身的一部分
part of the body of a ship that helped
那船400年前帮这城市安置了人
settle this city 400 years ago.
这很难得 不是吗
That's quite something, isn't it?
这也是
And so's this.
亲爱的劳福德教授
"Dear Professor Lawford."
恭喜 麦克
Congratulations, Mike!
你从酗酒丢了海德堡
You've come a long way from
工作的傲慢美♥国♥佬♥到现在有了很大进步
that arrogant Yank who drank himself out of Heidelberg.
谢谢你推荐我 汉娜
Thanks for recommending me, Hannah.
你比任何人都应该得到它
You deserve it, more than anybody.
我得走了