The very ground we are standing on is shifting.
我们脚下的土地已经不再稳定了
Civilization hangs in the balance
我们的文明岌岌可危
so I offer a word of warning:
所以我警告你
Do not plow a foreign field.
不要与外国人为伍
Sir, I just don't see what this has to do with dry matches.
长官 我很抱歉 但是我不明白 这跟 "保持火柴干燥"有什么关系
For God's sake, man!
看在上帝的份上!
We are talking about our nation's security,
我们是在讨论国♥家♥安♥全♥问题
which means we are talking about a certain lady named Sarah Mann,
我们在讨论一个叫莎拉 曼
on whose attendance, I am reliably informed,
的女人 我注意到
you have been dancing.
那个跟你跳舞的女人
More specifically, we are talking about her father.
更确切地说 我们是在讨论她的父亲
Her father was a soldier who fought on the same ridge I did.
她父亲跟我参加了同一场战役
The only difference I'm aware of is that he died and I didn't.
我跟他唯一的不同就是 他阵亡了 而我没有
The only difference you're aware of?
你知道唯一的不同是什么吗?
Carmichael!
卡迈克尔!
"Martin Mann was born in Ingolstadt, Bavaria.
马丁·曼出生在拜恩的因戈尔施塔特
"He returned to his native land in 1915
他1915年回到祖国
and was assigned to the Second Bavarian Reserve Regiment."
加入拜恩第二军团
He fought for the enemy.
他为敌人战斗
The blood is tainted, Sergeant.
他的血液是污浊的 中士
Ottawa mandates that we must root out
我们要披着羊皮外衣
the Hun in sheep's clothing, and root him out we will.
来解决这些问题
Like a pig.
还有铁拳
With regret our mandate is uncompromising.
我很遗憾做出这项裁决
You regret nothing.
你们从不觉得遗憾
I don't expect a woman to comprehend this,
我不指望一个女人能理解
but our country is rife with saboteurs.
我们的国家到处都是阴谋破坏者
When did nursing wounded soldiers become a threat to the homeland?
上帝啊 一个照看伤兵的护士也会成为威胁吗?
If I'm so dangerous, why don't you lock me up?
如果我很危险 为什么还要接近我?
At the moment internment is not under consideration.
当前 拘押还不是一个选择
Listen to him! Listen to the sound of his voice!
听听他! 都说了什么!
How long has he been living in this country?
他在这个国家生活了多久?
My duration of residency is hardly the point.
我在这儿生活多久与此无关
I've lived here my entire life! I'm a Canadian!
我一生都生活在这儿 我是加拿大人!
Technically, yes. But here's the sticky wicket.
按道理说是这样 但是这儿有一个问题
Whereas I was born under the sun of the British Empire,
我生长在大英帝国的阳光下
you, Miss Mann,
而曼女士
were born under the cloud of Germany.
你生长在德国的迷雾里
We could move.
我们可以再试一次
Start over. Or I could try to find another job.
或者找一个新的工作
Doing what?
什么工作?
I don't know. Cleaning maybe?
我不知道 也许是清洁工吧
Cleaning...
清洁工…
This is our home.
这是我们的家
These are our neighbors.
这些是我们的邻居
You can't hate a dead man, David.
你不能憎恨一个死人 大卫
And where is that writ, oh sister of mine?
你不再是我的姐姐了
Don't talk like that. You sound ridiculous.
别这么说 这是傻话
I don't hate our father. He shames me.
我恨我们的父亲 他让我感到羞愧
There's a difference.
这就是差异
If I could kill him, I would.
我要是能做到 我就会杀了他
He can only be killed once.
他不能被杀死了
Well, I'm not just going to sit here.
那我也不能干坐着
Where are you going? What does it matter?
你去哪? 不用你操心
Sarah? I'm in here.
莎拉? 我在这儿
Where's your brother?
你的弟弟哪去了
I don't know. He may have gone to Cassie's.
我不知道 他可能去见卡斯
Or maybe our mother's grave.
或到我妈妈的坟墓去了
He does that quite often.
他经常这么做
I'll take that horse and go find him. I don't think you should stay here.
骑马去找他 我想他应该不在附近
I want you to go to my place.
我要你去我家
Why are you doing this?
你为何这么做?
Cause I fought on the same ridge your father died on.
因为我去过你父亲阵亡的地方
It might have been me that killed him.
也许他是被我杀死的
I know it probably wasn't, but it might have been.
我知道我不太可能这么干 但是也不排除
Use that door.
记住这个门牌
It's 213 Stephen Avenue. I'll come find you.
斯帝汶大街213号♥ 我相信你
Thank you.
谢谢你
You mind if I have a word with you?
你介意我跟你谈谈吗?
My nose...
我的鼻子…
Schmidt!
施密特!
Dead German!
该死的德国人!
Wutz! Dead German!
卢茨 该死的德国人!
"Mutti...
"穆蒂...
Ich liebe dich. "
我爱你
Will you stop that now?
你住手吧
Ah, come on, kid. Don't make me chase you.
过来 孩子 我可不想追着你跑
Goddamnit!
妈的!
Shit!
白♥痴♥!
Idiot! The hell's wrong with you?!
你有什么毛病? !
Why don't you just kill me?
为什么不干脆杀了我?
I don't want to kill you, just want to talk to you.
我不想杀你 我只想和你谈谈
You should have signed me up! You want to go to war that badly?
我要参战! 你喜欢这场战争?
Where do you think I already am?
你为什么这么想
Jesus! Look around you!
上帝啊! 看看你的周围!
Everything you can see, everything you can imagine,
你所看见的一切 都可以用来设想
the entire goddamned universe is at war!
整个该死的世界都陷入战争!
And if that ever stopped,
如果不结束战争
oh boy, that would be the end of history!
这就会是历史的终点!
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说些什么
All I know is that you got to draw a line somewhere.
我所知道的就是你在某处划清了界线
And I draw the line at my father.
我跟我父亲划清界线了
You think it's that simple?
你觉得这很容易吗
You don't? No.
你不觉得吗? 不
No, I don't.
不 我不这么想
Lines are tricky...
界线是很危险的…
There's so goddamned many of them.
这样的例子已经数不胜数了
There's front line, sap line, behind the line,
你给自己划了界线 就不得不站在线的后面
lines you don't even know about, lines you can't see
你在跨过界线之前 甚至看一眼
til you cross them...
都不行…
but once you do, you're not fit.
不管你要做什么 都不行
You understand?
你明白吗?
You're not fit for this world.
你不了解这个世界
You live over there. You got men underneath you.
你生活在这儿 你的后来人
What the hell am I doing?
我他妈的到底在做什么?
Christ didn't die for our sins. He just laid down the template.
基♥督♥为我们的罪恶而死 他做出一个示范
I don't understand you.
我不明白
If I have my way, you never will. You're looking for romance, kid.
我要是你我就不会这么干 如果你要寻找浪漫
You're not going to find it in a trench.
在战壕里绝对找不到
Get up. I'm going to go find that horse.
站起来 我得去找马了
Sergeant.
中士
Hi. Hi.
嗨 嗨
I found your brother, and he's gonna stay
我找到你的弟弟了 他是我的朋友
with a friend of mine, I'm just on the corner.
我住在这街角
Uh, you can have the bed.
你可以睡在床上
It hasn't been slept in.
我从不睡觉
This could get a little rocky. You saw the morphine.
事情变得复杂了 你看见了吗非
When I was 23, I robbed a bank in Fort Macleod.
我23岁的时候抢劫过麦克劳德堡的一家银行
I don't do it every day. I don't rob banks every day.
我不会每天都这么做 我也不会每天都抢银行
After my father left, um, I had trouble sleeping.
自从我的父亲过世之后 我就难以入睡
And there was this ready supply at the hospital.
然后这些 很容易在医院找到
I can't explain it. You don't have to.
我没法解释了 你不必解释
I've tried everything I can to do my part but...
我尝试了我能做到的所有办法 但是…
But you were frustrated.
但是你失败了 我理解
No, I understand that. And I commend you, son.
我感激你 孩子
I commend your selflessness.
我感激你的奉献
It would seem my daughter has indeed
我看到我的女儿
picked herself a fine young man.
找到了一个好男孩
Present this letter to the recruiting officer
把这封信送给征兵军官
and your way should be clear.
然后你就放心吧
电影精选列表