销♥售♥利益 非常简单
he sold the benefits. It's very simple.
“你想让女儿进哈佛吗?”“想”
"Would you like your daughter to go to Harvard?" "Yes."
“很好 如果想让女儿进哈佛 就这么做”
"Great. If you'd like your daughter to go to Harvard, do this."
“现实是这样的 你女儿成绩不够好”
Here's the reality. Your daughter's not scoring that well,
“我辅♥导♥她两年了”
been mentoring her for two years.
“孩子不开窍 如果她不是读哈佛的料
The kid doesn't get it. If she's not Harvard material,
而你想让她读哈佛 我们就得另辟蹊径”
and you want her to go to Harvard, we gotta take a different path.
“方法是这样的 我们找人替你考试”
"Here's that path. We'll have someone take the test for you."
“什么意思?”
"What do you mean?"
“这个人拿一万五千块 就会替她去参加考试”
"This guy, for $15,000, is gonna take the test."
这是别人闻所未闻的
This is absolutely unheard of.
要做到这件事 我可以让分数成真
To make this happen, I can make scores happen,
世界上没人能让分数成真
and nobody on the planet can make scores happen.
你孩子都不会知道 有这样的事 这就好像…
Your kid won't even know it happened. It will happen as though…
她会以为自己非常聪明 考运很好
She will think she's really super smart and she got lucky on a test,
然后你就拿到了分数
and you got a score now.
这是全垒打的全垒打
It's the homerun of homeruns.
-有效吗?-回♥回♥必中
-And it works? - Every time.
要…要多少钱?
What is the… What is the number?
考试要七万五千美元
The number on the testing is $75,000, okay?
花七万五千美元 ACT和SAT想要多少分都可以
It's $75,000 to get any scores you wanna get on the ACT or SAT.
如果你想进入美国精英大学
If you wanna get into an elite university in America,
ACT考试满分36分
on the ACT, which is scored out of 36,
如果你拿不到34 35 36
if you're not really in the 34, 35, 36 range,
或者SAT拿不到1500分以上
or on the SAT if you're not sort of 1500 and above,
那你可能就没戏了
you're probably not in the conversation.
很多年来 SAT考试都被诠释和
For many years, the SAT was explained
宣传成一种能力测试
and advertised as being an aptitude test.
得高分的一个显著 可预见的特征…
A very prominent, predictive feature of getting a high test score…
就是家庭收入
is family income.
大学理事会和ACT多年来已经承认
The college board and the ACT have admitted this for years.
这不是什么秘密
This is not a secret that's being divulged.
如果我被任命为美国大学招生决策人
If I were appointed czar of American college admissions,
我会废除标准化测试
I would abolish standardized testing.
这意味着所有这些富有的备考公♥司♥
It would mean that all of these wealthy test prep companies
都得找别的财路了
would have to find something else to do.
为你的儿女报名参加普林斯顿评论的
Register your son or daughter for
“稳拿1500分课程”
the Princeton Review's 1500+ course.
这将改变他们的命运
It's a game-changer.
备考机制引人警醒 这是门生意
There's a fair warning around test preparation. This is a business.
他们做出的每一个承诺都受市场驱动
Every claim they make is marketing driven.
我们甚至可以保证至少提高150分
We even offer a guaranteed score improvement of at least 150 points.
所以有人会这样承诺
So you have people out there who are making claims like,
“我们可以帮你提高500分”
"We'll improve your score 500 points."
这值得一千美元的投资
That's worth $1,000 investment.
但只有你拥有可支配的一千美元
But it's only worth $1,000 investment
用于投资时 才值得花这么多钱投资
if you have a disposable $1,000 to invest.
所有标准化测试
All standardized testing
天然为已经有优势的人带来优势
automatically advantages the people who are already advantaged.
多数富人会找到像我这样的人
Most affluent people are accessing people like me,
85%的美国人 无法接触到这个层级的专家
and 85% of America just can't access that level of expertise.
私人♥大♥学顾问的费用
A private college counselor's gonna run you,
即便是低端价格
on the low, low, low end,
质量不佳的大学顾问
and you're not getting a quality college counselor,
一小时也要两三百美元
200, 300 bucks an hour.
高端顾问则是 每小时500到1500美元以上
On the high end, you're talking about $500 to over $1,500 an hour
这些顾问收费非常昂贵
to access these guys and gals, and it's a lot.
-有人吗?-你好 爸爸
-Hello? - Hi, Dad.
从丑闻进行深入思考
When you look at it in light of the scandal,
这些非常富有的家庭
when you have predominantly rich families
已经有了足够优势通过SAT考试
who had every advantage that said they should be fine on the SAT,
他们是得分最高的人群
they're gonna score in the highest demographic,
拥有所有可能的备考资源 然而他们仍然…
they had all the prep in the world that they wanted, and yet they still…
作弊
cheated.
我们首先要做的是
Okay, the first thing we need to do,
我想我跟你妻子提过
and I think I mentioned this to your wife,
我们要让你女儿参加学习障碍测试
we need to get your daughter tested for a learning difference.
比方说让我的人 或任何你希望的人替她
Let's say it's my person who does it, or whoever you wanna do it.
我需要那个人为她争取到
I need that person to get her
考试时间延长一倍及多日测试
100% extended time over multiple days.
参加SAT或ACT考试 都是计时的 对吧?
When you take the SAT or the ACT, it's a timed test. Right?
考试形式有严格限制
There are restrictions on how it's delivered.
为对学习障碍人群负责 通常会有特别安排
To account for learning disabilities, often accommodations are provided.
你需要有特定的医学文档
You have to have certain medical documentation
证明有特别安排的需求
of the need for these accommodations.
这是里奇辛格利用的手段之一
And that's one of the avenues that Rick Singer exploited.
我还要告诉你女儿 在她做测试时
I also need to tell your daughter, that when she takes the test,
不要…
to not be as…
要笨一点
To be stupid.
不要表现得像平时一样聪明
To not be as smart as she is.
目标是迟钝一点
The goal is to be slow,
不要像平时那样机智
to not be as bright as she is, all that,
这样我们可以表现出学习能力异常
so that we show discrepancies.
在学院 孩子们总能获得额外时间
At the academy, kids are getting extra time all the time.
-你是说格林威治学院?-对的
- You mean the Greenwich Academy? -Yeah.
全国各地
Everywhere in the country.
情况就是 所有富有家庭都发现
What happened is, all the wealthy families figured out,
“如果让我的孩子参加障碍测试 获得延长时间
"If I get my kid tested and they get extended time,
他们在考试中就能发挥更好”
they can do better on the test."
这些孩子多数都没有问题 但能获得额外时间
Most of these kids don't have issues. But they're getting extra time.
竞争并不公平
The playing field's not fair.
是的
No, it's not.
我是说 这…我…
I mean, this is… I…
说实话 感觉有点奇怪 但…
To be honest, it feels a little weird, but...
我知道
I know it does. I know it does.
但等她拿到相应的分数
But when she gets a score
我们有了选择 你就会说
and we have choices, you're gonna be saying,
“好 我会让我所有孩子参加
"Okay, I'll take all my kids.
我们用同样的做法”
We're gonna do the same thing."
分数是…你觉得会是…
And a score of… You would think that would be…
我们想要多少分就会是多少分
The score will be whatever we want it to be.
我再说一次 记住我是个律师
So, again, and keep in mind I am a lawyer,
我有点以规则为导向
so I'm sort of rules-oriented.
和你合作 不会…她参加测试 这…
Doing this with you, no way… She's taking the test. It's…
是她参加测试对吧?
It's her taking the test, right?
这不会出什么问题吧?
There's no way any trouble comes of this?
不会出事?
Nothing like that?
我…
So, I, uh…
我之前跟你解释过
I explained this to you before.
我…我知道
I… I know.
-抱歉 但这… -不 我明白
-And I apologize, but it's just... - No. I get you.
-请谅解 -好
-Bear with me. - Okay.
我来跟你解释一下流程
I will explain to you the process.
你们要坐飞机去洛杉矶 假装参加招募拜访
You're going to fly to LA and go on a fake recruiting visit.
你们在那里会参观几所学校
You'll visit some schools while you're out here.
然后监考老师马克会飞过来
Then what'll happen is Mark, who is the proctor, will fly in,
周五晚上他会到达 和你们一样
and he'll show up on Friday night, just like you guys would.
周六早上8点
On Saturday morning, at eight o'clock,
你们去学校
you guys will show up at the school.
你女儿会进去参加考试
Your daughter will go in and take the test.
马克会是你们的监考老师
Mark will be your proctor.
她会是马克的考场里唯一的考生
She'll be the only one taking it in the room with Mark.
对于有学习障碍的学生
What we do with kids who have learning differences
我们会让他们 把答案写在旁边另外一张纸上
is they write their answers on a separate sheet to the side of it
这样我们可以重新填涂
so that we can rebubble.
她完成考试时
She'll think that when she's done with the test,
她会觉得是自己完成了考试 毫无疑问
she has taken the test. No doubt about it.
她会走出考场 对你说
She'll walk out the door and she'll say to you,
“爸爸 太难了”或是“我好累”
"Dad, it was so hard," or, "I'm so tired,"
诸如此类 孩子们的典型反应
or whatever the typical reaction out of the kid.
电影精选列表