(在一九五九年 若望二十三世 召集第二届梵蒂冈委员会)
(天主教会几乎一百年没有召集)
(普世教会委员会)
(在一九六二到一九六五年间 委员会又称第二次梵蒂冈大公会议)
(发布了十六份文件)
(文件的目的是透过投射出更开放以及热情的形象)
(来广泛的松绑教会)
(十年前)
(七苦圣母)
(第二次梵蒂冈大公会议几年后 教会出现)
(前所未见的大量的修女出走)
(九万名修女放弃她们的天命 并离开她们的女修道会)
很多人退而求其次接受不用要求他们很多的爱
So many people settle for love that doesn't really ask anything of them,
而他们也不必因此作出牺牲
that they don't have to make any sacrifices for.
我不要那样的爱
I don't want that.
我要一种我可以付出一切的理想的爱
I want an ideal love that I have to give everything to.
你在哪里?
Where are you?
你在哪里?
Where are you?
你为何要这么做?
Why are you doing this?
因父之名…
In the name of the Father...
让我们祝福主
Benedicamus Domino
让我们祝福主
Benedicamus Domino
亲爱的基♥督♥
Dear Christ.
我在十七岁时就来到女修道院
I was 17 years old when I came to the convent,
十八岁加入见习
18 when I entered the novitiate.
我知道很多人可能永远不会懂…
I know a lot of people could probably never understand...
永远不会懂如此年轻的人
Never understand how someone so young
有着大好的生命在等着她们
with their entire life ahead of them
会为了上帝而放弃一切
would want to give it all away to God.
他们认为今日的修女就是一群老女人
They think of nuns today, and they see a bunch of old women.
找不到丈夫的女人
Women who couldn't find husbands,
或是有其他原因
or for some reason,
无法融入外面的世界
just couldn't make it in the outside world.
所以他们跑到修道院好逃离一切
So they ran off to a monastery to escape everything.
他们不懂的是在一切事物的底下…
What they don't understand is that beneath everything else...
我们是恋爱中的女人
We were women in love.
你就是我想要的
You're all I could ever want.
你准备好了吗?
You ready for this?
你可以从这边下车
Okay, you can come right out this way.
我的头发还好吗?
ls my hair all right?
早安 神父
Good morning, Father.
诺拉哈里斯?我真不敢相信 是你吗?
Nora Harris? I can't believe it. Is it you?
嘿 罗伯 没错就是我 你好吗?
Hey, Rob, it sure is. How you been?
我一直都很好 一直都非常好
I've been good. I've been real good.
等一下 别说 这是凯萨琳吗?
Now, wait a minute. Now don't tell me. Is this Cathleen?
没错就是她 你相信吗?看看她长得多大了
It sure is. Can you believe it? Look how big she got.
我的天啊 嘿 小美女 你好吗?
My goodness. Hey, pretty lady. How are you?
你知道吗 你不准那么快长大
You know, you're not allowed to grow up that fast.
很快的 你就会比我还高了
Soon, you'll be taller than me.
诺拉 我得说 你出现在此我有点惊讶
I gotta say, Nora, I'm a little surprised to see you here.
我认识你一辈子
I've known you all my life,
我不记得我在星期日礼拜的四百公尺之内见过你
and I don't think I've ever seen you within 500 yards of a Sunday service.
对 别抱太大的希望
Yeah, well, don't get your hopes up.
我不是来这里被拯救或什么的
I'm not here to be saved or nothing like that.
我只是觉得是时候
I just thought it about time
让凯萨琳学习宗教本来是什么
that Cathleen learned what religion was about.
- 或应该是什么 你懂的 - 对
- Or supposed to be about, you know. - Yeah.
还有 我们有点无聊了 不是吗?
Plus, we were a little bored, weren't we?
嘿 我不介意 我只是很高兴在这里见到你
Well, hey, that's all right with me. I'm just glad you're here.
- 让我帮你们找个好位置 - 好的
- Let's get y'all a good seat. - All right.
请进 前面有两个好位置
Come on in. Right there's two, right up front there.
上帝天父当受祝福
Blessed be God the Father.
因为虽然你们看不见她 你们仍然爱她
Because although you have not seen Him, you still love Him.
虽然你们不认识她 你们仍然相信她
Although you do not know Him, you still believe in Him.
你不必知道她的名字就能感受她的存在
You feel His presence all around without knowing His name,
你会带着难以形容的狂喜而感到快乐
and you rejoice with an indescribable ecstasy.
因为如果我们知道一件事
Because if there's one thing we know,
那就是上帝给予的是无条件的爱
it's that God's love is unconditional.
把餐巾放在大腿上
Put your napkin in your lap.
谢谢
Thank you.
你喜欢今天去的教堂吗?
Did you like going to that church today?
喜欢
Yeah, I did.
是吗?
Yeah?
你最喜欢的是什么?
What'd you like about it the most?
我不知道
I don't know.
我猜大概是有种祥和的感觉
I guess I just thought it was peaceful.
“祥和”吗?
"Peaceful," huh?
没错 是蛮祥和的
Yeah, I guess it was kind of peaceful.
它是哪种教堂?
What kind of church was it, again?
它是天主教堂
That was a Catholic church.
我们是天主教♥徒♥吗?
Are we Catholic?
不 我们什么都不是
No, we're not anything.
事实上 我没有宗教信仰
I don't really believe in religion, actually.
我觉得那有点浪费时间
I think it's kind of a waste of time.
但是当你长大后 你可以自己决定
But when you're older, you can decide for yourself.
看起来爸爸回家了
Looks like Daddy's home.
嘿 宝贝
Hey, hey, hey, baby.
爸爸的小女孩今天还好吗?
How's Daddy's little girl? Huh?
你今天做了什么?你今天玩得高兴吗?
What'd you do today? Did you have a good day today?
爹地 你到哪去了?
Daddy, where were you?
我们等了你好久
We've been waiting for you for so long.
对 这是个好问题 查克?你到哪去了?
Yeah, it's a valid question, Chuck. Where you been?
我出去了 就这样而已
I was out. That's all.
好 因为我们坐在这里一整天就是为了等你
Okay. 'Cause we've been sitting here all day, waiting on you.
你没有听说过电♥话♥这种东西…
You never heard of a phone or...
拜托 诺拉 我当然知道电♥话♥是什么
Come on, Nora, please. Of course I've heard of a phone.
非常好 你知道电♥话♥是什么
Well, that's good. You've heard of a phone. That's nice.
诺拉 你要我说什么?
What do you want me to say, Nora?
你有特别想听我说什么吗?
Is there anything in particular that you'd like to hear me say?
查克 我不知道
I don't know, Chuck.
或许我只是想要你偶尔当个男人 你知道吗?
Maybe I'd just like you to be a man every once in a while, you know?
当个该死的好爸爸
Be a fucking father for a change,
或许学习到做出一点牺牲
maybe learn to sacrifice a little bit.
饶了我吧 好吗?你是认真的吗?
Give me a break, okay? Are you serious with that?
怎样 查克 你要我闭嘴吗?那是你要的吗?
What, you want me to drop it, Chuck? Is that what you want?
- 对! - 操你的!
- Yeah! - Well, fuck you!
操♥我♥?诺拉 操你才对!
Fuck me? Fuck you, Nora!
事实上 操这所有的狗屁!
As a matter of fact, fuck all this shit!
我受够了!
I'm sick of this!
我很抱歉我无法成为你想要的那种人!
I'm sorry that I can't be the person you want me to be!
对 你无法成为我想要的那种男人
No, you can't be the man I wanted you to be.
- 你简直差得远呢! - 好
- You are the opposite of that! - Okay. All right.
我只是出去!就这样!你无法接受 我就走!
I was out! That's all! You can't handle that, I'm gone!
查克 你要去哪里?
Where do you think you're going, Chuck?
你不可以离开!
You're not leaving!
你现在有女儿了!你听到了吗?
You got a little girl now! Hear me?
- 如果你离开 你就滚出去! - 操你的!
- If you leave, you get out! - Well, fuck you!
亲爱的 帮我拿一下这个好吗?
Honey, will you take this for me?
拿好了吗?
You got it?
不好意思?
Excuse me?
我可以帮你们吗?
Can I help you?
是的 你是哈里斯太太吗?
Yes. Are you Mrs. Harris?
- 是 - 我是葛洛莉亚修女
- Yes. - My name is Sister Gloria.
这位是艾莉诺修女
This is Sister Eleanor.
我们是来自前面的
We're from Our Lady of Blessed Sorrows,
七苦圣母教区学校
the parochial school just up the road.
我们很骄傲的说 有着像我们一样的修女们
We are very proud to say that it is the nuns, Sisters like us,
一砖一瓦的在这个国家建立了
who have built the Catholic school system in this country,
天主教学校系统
brick by brick.
对了 你女儿好可爱
Your little one is so lovely, by the way.
我可以问她几岁了吗?
May I ask how old?
凯萨琳十二岁
Cathleen is 12.
听着 我们很感谢你们过来
Look, we appreciate your coming by,
但事实上 我们没有那么虔诚
but the truth is, we're not all that religious.
我是说 我们有空就会去教堂 跟其他人一样
I mean, we go to church when we can, like everybody else.
但是我丈夫 凯萨琳的父亲
But my husband, Cathleen's father,
电影精选列表