2001年 美属萨摩亚遭遇了在国际足球史上最惨痛的失利
当天为球队守门的是尼基·萨拉普
我真想回去再跟澳大利亚踢一次
I wish that I could go back and play against Australia, you know
不幸的是 网上的东西你根本改变不了
Unfortunately it's like you can't change anything on the internet...
那个耻辱的记录会保持很久
..and you know, it's still gonna stay on the record for a long time.
这让我们很难堪
But it was embarrassing, you know.
我们0-30输给澳大利亚时 我就在场边
I was there when Australia beat us 30 nil.
30或者31 我不太确定 但我知道至少30个
30 or 31, I'm not sure, but I know it was 30.
我的队员们 他们有热爱足球的心
My team, you know, they've got the heart.
我知道他们实际上没有什么技术 什么都没有
I know they don't really have the skills and everything...
但是他们有勇气 而我总是和他们说
..but they've got the guts, and I always talk to them.
我总是提醒他们 嘿 那些人 他们不会谈论我们的
I always remind them, hey, everybody, they don't talk about us.
我们毫不起眼
We're, we're nothing.
十多年后 这支队伍仍在FIFA世界排行榜中垫底
他们输掉了参加过的任何一场正式比赛
他们嘲笑我们
They make fun of us...
说“美属萨摩亚的球队 他们都是鱼腩队”
..and say "Oh the team from American Samoa, they're you know fast food team,"...
之类的话
..and stuff like that.
美属萨摩亚 是一座非常小的岛屿
American Samoa, it's a very small island.
我们基本都是自给自足
We fund everything ourselves.
对于岛上的我们而言 (组建球队)在经济上是非常困难的
For us here on the island, it's very hard financially.
所有球员都没有专业水平 他们踢球赚不到钱
None of these players are professional level, they do not get paid...
他们都有自己的工作
..you know; they go to work.
下班了之后才过来训练
And after work they come to practice.
今日之日落下 明日之日升起
我们会继续对您的赞美
这项运动在这里才刚刚起步 我们从没有赢过
It's a sport that's still young here, we never win a game.
但罗马不是一天建成的
But Rome was not built in a day.
阿门 阿门
带着荣誉侍奉您 进入主那被祝福的圣殿
每一次联赛 我们都是被屠♥杀♥的队伍
Every league we go to, we always get killed.
拼尽全力去争取拼搏
You know, it hurts you know when you work on something so much...
却仍然一败涂地 这很打击我们
..and have it crumble to pieces.
我们是万年吊车尾 除非哪天我们能翻身
We're always the underdogs and we always will be until we prove them wrong.
成功对我们而言 就是团结合作
Success for us is working as a team.
无论输赢 只要人们记住 美属萨摩亚永不言弃
Win or lose as long as the world know that American Samoa will never give up...
即使我们落后五球之多
..even if we're down by five.
只要他们看见我们仍在拼搏
But if they see us, that we're still fighting...
哪怕仅仅扳回一球 都是最重要的事情
..or even get a goal, that is the most important thing.
说实话 我们不会谈论排名
To tell you the truth we don't really talk about rankings.
我们试着不去想排名 因为纠结于排名垫底
We try to keep that off our minds because it's one of the things that puts us down...
只会打击士气
..knowing that we're one of the bottom teams.
我知道这儿曾经有过
I know there have been...
一些代表队 去参加过运动会
..some teams from this island who, went to a tournament before but...
但我相信我们是最棒的一支队伍
..I believe that this is the best team...
配得上“美属萨摩亚”的队名 配得上代表整个岛屿
..to take the name of American Samoa to represent the island.
我们要向人们证明 我们比以前更强了
We're gonna show them that we're better than before.
我知道我们能赢 相信我
I know we can win, trust me.
一 二 三 团结!
One, two, three, team!
我试着证明 我们已不是从前的那支队伍了
I'm just trying to prove we're not the same team anymore.
我们会以美属萨摩亚足球队的身份崛起
We're gonna stand up as American Samoan soccer team...
我们要向每个人证明自己
..and we're gonna prove it to everyone.
好的 对于那些还不认识我的人
Alright, for those of you who don't know who I am...
我是一名运动心理顾问
..I'm a Sports Psychology consultant.
我来到美属萨摩亚的原因是
This is the reason why I came to American Samoa.
我只有一个任务 我的任务就是带你们走向胜利
I have one job, my one job is to get you into the zone.
有谁和盲人打过交道吗?
Does anybody know someone who can't see, who's blind?
你们可能会认识一两个盲人
You might know someone like that, okay.
所以你们想象一下 珠穆朗玛峰一度是
So if you can imagine Mount Everest at one point was the tallest...
一度是北美最高的山峰 珠穆朗玛峰
...the tallest mountain in North America, okay, Mount Everest.
攀登珠穆朗玛峰是件极其困难的事
It's very rare to climb Mount Everest, very rare.
而这位盲人 他爬上去了
And so this blind man, he climbed it.
一个盲人爬上了这座高山
A blind man climbed Mount, this mountain.
最后一位新闻记者 他们找到盲人 问他
At the very end a news reporter, they came up to him and they asked him the question.
“你怎么做到的?你一位盲人是如何爬上珠穆朗玛峰的?”
"Like, how did you do it? How did you, a blind man, climb Mount Everest?"
这位盲人 他笑了笑 说
And this blind man, he smiled, and he said...
“一步一个脚印”
.."One step at a time."
好的 这就是我们现在所要做的 我们都敞开来谈谈
Okay, this is what we're gonna do right now, we're gonna be very open.
在你们看来 你们觉得人们都在谈论你们什么?
In your opinion, what do you think they're really saying about you?
他们在说“美属萨摩亚的球队 他们以前踢不好球
They're saying "American Samoa's men's team, they didn't do good before..
他们现在也踢不好”
..they're not gonna do good now."
你知道我要说什么吗?谁在乎他们怎么想!
You know what I'm here to say, who cares what they think.
正是你们被所有人所看扁 才让你们变得独一无二
Do you know what makes you guys special is that no one thinks you're good.
他们根本不清楚你究竟有多强
They have no idea who you are.
这就是你们的致命武器
That's what makes you dangerous.
球队现在正为南太平洋运动会备战
这是他们四年来首次参加运动会
尽管现居西雅图 尼基仍然飞回来帮助球队备战
我现在住在西雅图 我回来帮助我的团队
I live in Seattle right now, and I came over here to help my team...
尽我所能去帮助
..you know, as much as I can.
这是我一生挚爱
Here is the love of my life...
这是我的全部世界
..here's my world over here.
这是我的家人 我不想让他们失望
This is my family and I don't want to let them down.
和尼基一起从西雅图过来的 是志愿协助的教练员拉里·马纳·O
实际上我也是萨摩亚人 我住岛外
Actually I'm a Samoan, so I'm a resource that lives off island...
现在回来帮忙
..but comes here to help out.
许多人试过来这里帮助我们
A lot of people have tried to come over here and help them.
严格上说 他们没有做错
They do it technically correct...
但问题在于 他们不了解萨摩亚文化
..the problem is is that they have to then understand the Samoan culture...
我们称之为萨摩亚风格或者萨摩亚风情
..call it our Samoan style or Samoan flavour.
他们胸怀广阔
They have such big hearts...
他们能承受住痛苦 能翻越过障碍
..they'll play through pain and they'll walk through walls.
他们虔诚无比 有着不可思议的信念
They're very religious, they have incredible faith.
他们会为祖国和家人做一切事情
They'll do anything for their country and for their families.
说到接下来的比赛 我们希望这真的能帮到我们
We hope that's gonna help us, you know in terms of this next competition...
这次南太平洋运动会
..the South Pacific games.
足球在美属萨摩亚称不上热门运动
JAIYAH: Soccer isn't really a big sport here in American Samoa...
但球队在不断地进步
..but the team is getting better and better.
我想 如果这个赛季我们能有所突破
I guess if we do something different this tournament,
他们会对足球另眼相看
they'll start looking at soccer differently.
好球!
Beautiful!
约翰尼 你赶紧去那里 约翰尼 那里 那里
Johnny you gotta step up right there. Johnny, right here, right here.
教练叫我约翰尼 因为那是我在名单上的名字
The coaches call me Johnny because it's what's on the list,
他们看的是名单
that's what they see.
有时候他们在场上叫我 我都听不见
Sometimes when they call me on the field and I'm like, I don't hear it because...
因为我习惯他们叫我“加亚 加亚 加亚” 队友都叫我“加亚”
..I'm so used to "Jaiyah, Jaiyah, Jaiyah", cause the team calls me Jaiyah...
我听这个才舒服
..and it's what I'm comfortable hearing.
加亚•萨尔鲁亚属于美属萨摩亚的第三类人:男同性恋
(注:萨摩亚文化里接受同性恋,Fa'afafine是指第三类人,
指生理上是男人,有点女人气的男同性恋,他们可以选择男性为伴侣。)
同志意味着带有女性的特征
Fa'afafine means way of the woman.
我们有两个灵魂 男人的和女人的
We have two spirits, the men's and the women's spirit.
我们能做男人的事 也能做女人的事
We can do what the men do, and what the women do.
因此我们在社会和家庭中更加可靠
So we're more reliable in the community and the families.
我只是一名足球运动员 尽管我跑起来像个女孩
I'm just a soccer player, even though I run like a girl...
我不觉得我是男性或者女性
..and I feel like I'm not a male or a female.
我只是一名足球运动员
I'm a soccer player.
这周我们要改变历史 对吗?
We wanna change history this week right?
是的 对
Yes, right.
我们是新一代 得把它当回事
It's a new generation so let's take care of business.
我们要把它当回事 因为没人把我们当回事
We're gonna take care of business because no one takes care of us.
来 围起来 准备 来
Yeah, come on, in, let's go, come on.
你们大伙都蓄势待发了
You guys are ready man.
我了解大家 大家等这一刻等了很久了
I know you guys, you guys have been waiting for this.
你们准备好一切了
You guys have everything in front of us, okay.
谁来说祷告词
Who's saying the prayer?
我们的牧师
Our Reverend.
我们高高在上的主啊 我们已准备好征途
请照顾我们 指引我们的方向
正如国父所说
你们就是承载着美属萨摩亚希望的奇迹
你们将面对来自斐济、新喀里多尼亚、新几内亚的球队
他们都是强队
坚定地走下去吧
有志者
事竟成
就在今日
And so it is today...
你们的祖国和政♥府♥会将Tapuinga赠与你们
..your country and your government is handing you its 'Tapuinga'.
一切祈祷 一切祝愿 一切希冀
Its prayer, and its wishes and aspirations,
都赠与你们
for you.
引用战争时期的一句话
Speaking from the warring days...
征途中沐浴越多鲜血
..the more blood you find in your way...
电影精选列表