我在展览目录中,追踪了它大约17次,这让我认为,这对夫妇,
the owners of the work,were acting in good faith.
也就是这幅作品的主人,是本着良好的信念的。
Because when you lend a work,you're not afraid to exhibit it.
因为,当你借出一件作品时,你并不害怕展出它。
You're not afraid of claims by the family,so they didn't know.
你不怕原主的家人索赔,所以,他们也不知晓实情。
The thing about researching the history is that you can never be sure.
研究历史问题,使你永远无法得出,确定答案。
(托恩.汉森,挪威奥斯陆海尼.昂斯塔德艺术中心)
You have to make a decision upon the facts you have,and depending on them, you decide
你必须根据你掌握的事实,做出决定,根据这些事实,你决定
whether or not to return an artwork like we did,
是否像我们一样,归还一件艺术品,
and so it will always be a part of the history that is not really covered.
所以,它永远是,没有真正被掩盖的,历史的一部分。
The return of the Rosenberg collection Matisse painting by a private Norwegian museum
挪威一家私人博物馆,归还罗森博格收藏的马蒂斯画作,
is a highly unusual case of restitution.
是一个极不寻常的,归还案例。
Unusual because, and I find it astonishing,
不寻常是因为,我觉得这很令人震惊,
albeit very positive,the private foundation declared it was prepared to return
尽管非常积极,但这家私人基金会宣布,它准备将其拥有的
a work in its possession to the Rosenberg family
一件作品归还给罗森博格家族,
without being obliged to do so by Norwegian law.
而不受挪威法律的约束。
It was a sad moment seeing the painting leave,
看到这幅画离开,是一个悲伤的时刻,
but I'm sure that we did the right thing,
但我确信,我们做了正确的事情,
and that's the most important for the institution and for me.
这对博物馆和我来说,都是最重要的。
It's very moving to find a canvas like that because you wonder what it has lived through,
找到这样一幅油画非常感人,因为你想知道,它经历了什么,
(安妮.辛克莱尔,记者,保罗.罗森伯格的孙女)
what vicissitudes it went through since it was painted in Matisse's studio
它经历了什么沧桑,自从它在马蒂斯的工作室被画出来,
and was taken directly from Matisse's studio to my grandfather's gallery.
并被直接从马蒂斯的工作室,带到我祖父的画廊。
Then suddenly, the war arrived,and it got caught up in the turmoil,
突然间,战争爆发了,它被卷入了混乱之中,
passing from a Gestapo lorry to warehouses guarded by the Nazis,
从盖世太保的卡车,转移到纳粹守卫的仓库,
and from there, to shady dealers who conjured it away,so it has an incredible story.
再从那里,转移到阴暗的商人手中,所以,它有一个令人难以置信的故事。
The looting of works of art remains a symbol of what the Nazis tried to do,
对艺术品的掠夺,仍然是纳粹试图做的事情的象征,
what they failed to do,and what the Allies tried to restore,
他们未能做到的事情,以及盟军试图拯救的事情,
the plundering of European culture.
就是对欧洲文化的掠夺。
据估计,在欧洲,仍有数万件艺术品,还有待归还。
在这三幅画中,只有乔治·布拉克的《拿吉他的人》向公众展出。
它在巴黎的蓬皮杜艺术中心被展出。
电影精选列表