叫我以赛马利
Call me Ishmael.
几年前我几乎身无分文……
Some years ago, having little or no money...
我想我应该出海去看看世界
I thought I would sail about and see the oceans of the world.
当我心情沮丧脾气糟糕的时候……
Whenever I get grim and spleenful...
当我看街上的人都不顺眼的时候……
whenever I feel like knocking people 's hats off in the street...
当我的心里像潮湿多雨的11月的时候……
whenever it's a damp, drizzly November in my soul...
我知道又到了立刻出海的时候了
I know that it's high time to get to sea again.
随意选一条航线……
Choose any path you please...
十有八♥九♥它会把你带到水里
and ten to one, it carries you down to water.
海水有一种魔力,可以吸引所有的男人们离开陆地……
There 's a magic in water that draws all men away from the land...
引领他们越过山川,小溪,山涧与河流,最终到达大海
Leads them over the hills down creeks, and streams, and rivers to the sea.
面对大海……
The sea...
每个男人都可以像照镜子一样,找回自我
where each man, as in a mirror, finds himself.
确实如此,1841年的一个风雨交加的周六晚上
And so it was I duly arrived at the town of New Bedford...
我按时来到了新贝德福德这个小镇…
on a stormy Saturday late in the year 184 1.
朗姆酒 -朗姆酒是吧,用哪种喝法?
Rum. -Rum it is. What mark?
到这是一便士 到这是两便士 就这样直到杯子倒满
To this a penny, to that another penny, and so on to the top of the glass.
如果用合恩角的喝法,你可以一先令一先令地喝
The Cape Horn measure, which you may drink down for a full shilling.
便士记号♥, 不,来一先令的
The penny mark. Nay, the full shilling.
你今晚需要个房♥间吧
You'll be wanting a room tonight.
你对和鱼叉手共睡一张床没有意见吧?
You ain't no objections to sharing a harpooneer's bed with him, have you?
你是去捕鲸吗? -有这个打算
You going whaling? -That is my intention.
你需要许可证,你不是在新贝德福德出生长大的吧?
You need permission. You weren't born and bred in New Bedford, were you?
不是,我是个外地人
No, I'm a stranger here.
那你需要许可证 -许可证?
Then you'll have to have permission. -Permission?
是的。由我们新贝德福德的人颁发的许可证 这片海是我们的。
Aye. From us, the men of New Bedford. The sea is ours.
其他海员水手只有通过的权利。
Other seamen only have a right of way through it.
鲸鱼也是我们的,只属于我们
And the whale is ours. Ours alone.
除非我们允许,否则没人可以进行捕猎
No one else may hunt it down and kill it, unless we say so.
你对此有异议吗?
Do you dispute that?
没有 -很好
I do not. -Good.
那你就被允许在我们的海域航行了
Then you have our permission to sail our sea.
伙计们,为这孩子干一杯?
Drink to this boy, mates?
祝你捕到大鲸鱼,伙计!
Big whales to you, mate!
鲸鱼有那么厉害?
Can whales do that?
什么,保佑我吧,鲸鱼可什么都干得出来!
Why, bless me, whales can do anything!
鲸鱼跃出海面的时候就像地震一样……
A whale can jump up like an earthquake...
然后像大山坠入海中一样扑向你
and come down on you like a mountain that's somehow put to sea.
鲸鱼可以撞扁最大型的渔船的龙骨……
A whale can stave in the ribs of the biggest ships...
吞掉所有船员,再用船桨来剔牙
swallow whole crews, pick its teeth with the oars.
听着,小伙子,如果上帝要变成一条鱼的话,一定会是条鲸鱼
Mind, lad, if God ever wanted to be a fish, he'd be a whale.
相信我,他会是条鲸鱼
Believe that, he'd be a whale.
亚哈
Ahab.
谁是亚哈?
Who's Ahab?
你应该叫亚哈船长
Captain Ahab to you.
谁是亚哈船长?-啊
Who's Captain Ahab? -Aye.
亚哈就是亚哈
Ahab's Ahab.
奏乐
Music.
在阿姆斯特丹住着一个女佣
In Amsterdam there lived a maid
她是这一行的女主人
And she was mistress of her trade
我不再跟你四处流浪,漂亮姑娘
I'll go no more a-roving with you, fair maid
四处流浪,四处流浪
A-roving, a-roving
一起唱!
Sing!
自从流浪毁了我
Since roving's been my ruin
我不再跟你四处流浪,漂亮姑娘
I'll go no more a-roving with you, fair maid
她的脸颊红红的,眼睛是棕色的
Her cheeks were red, her eyes were brown
记住我所说的话
Mark well what I do say
她的脸颊红红的,眼睛是棕色的
Her cheeks were red, her eyes were brown
她的卷发垂了下来
Her curly hair was hanging down
我不再跟你四处流浪,漂亮的姑娘
I'll go no more a-roving with you, fair maid
四处流浪,四处流浪
A-roving, a-roving
自从流浪毁了我
Since roving's been my ruin
我不再跟你四处流浪,漂亮的姑娘
I'll go no more a-roving with you, fair maid
老板,哪位是今晚和我一起睡的鱼叉手?
Landlord, which is the harpooneer I'm to sleep with tonight?
他不在这里
He ain't among them.
他是个你们称为黑皮肤的家伙
He's what you might call a dark-complexioned chap.
他一旦把他那些人头卖♥♥出去就会来的
He'll be along as soon as he finishes selling his head.
他的什么? -卖♥♥他的人头
His what? -Selling his head.
虽然他可能不太容易出手
Though he may have some difficulty in getting rid of it.
新贝德福德的库存太多了
New Bedford's overstocked.
什么库存太多了? - 当然是人头太多了!
With what? -Heads, of course!
过来,小伙子
Come on, lad.
好好记住我说的话
Mark well what I do say
我亲了她一下,我亲了她两下
I kissed her once, I kissed her twice
发现她的身体冰凉
And found she was as cold as ice
我再也不跟你四处流浪,漂亮的姑娘
I'll go no more a-roving with you, fair maid
四处流浪,四处流浪
A-roving, a-roving
自从流浪毁了我
Since roving's been my ruin
我再也不跟你四处流浪,漂亮的姑娘
I'll go no more a-roving with you, fair maid
如今年轻的美人自♥由♥了,好好记住我说的话
Now, the young maid was fancy-free Mark well what I do say
年轻的女仆无忧无虑 如果我能把她带回家
The young maid was fancy-free If I could take her home with me
我再也不跟你去流浪,漂亮的姑娘
I'll go no more a-roving with you, fair maid
四处流浪,四处流浪
A-roving, a-roving
自从流浪毁了我
Since roving's been my ruin
我再也不跟你去流浪,漂亮的姑娘
I'll go no more a-roving with you, fair maid
等等,别动 -你到底是谁?
Wait. Hold on. -Who the devil are you?
不说话是吗? 小心我杀了你!
Who no speak? I kill you!
老板!
Landlord!
彼得.考芬 救救我!
Peter Coffin! Coffin, save me! Peter Coffin!
来了,来了
Now, now, now.
这是怎么回事?
What is all this about?
你怎么没告诉我要和一个食人族一起睡?
Why didn't you tell me I was sleeping with a cannibal?
我以为你知道的
I thought you knowed.
我没告诉你他在这阵子附近卖♥♥人头吗?
Didn't I tell you he was around the town selling heads?
老板,让他把那个战斧还是烟斗什么的玩意收好
Landlord, tell him to stash that tomahawk, or pipe, or whatever you call it.
好的,晚安
Well, pleasant dreams.
一个清醒的食人族好过一个烂醉的基♥督♥徒
Better a sober cannibal than a drunken Christian.
就在这个新贝德福德镇上, 有一个属于捕鲸者的小教堂……
In this same New Bedford, there stands a Whaleman 's Chapel...
那些短期内出发前往印度洋的渔民们……
and few are the fishermen shortly bound for the Indian Ocean or Pacific...
几乎没有人不去那里
who fail to visit there.
我否认了上帝的旨意
The will of God I did deny
逃避了我神圣的职责
And so my sacred duty fled
哦,上帝的惩罚太可怕了
Oh, my Lord's awful penalty
不仅是死去和等死
Is not to die and yet be dead
鲸鱼的肋骨和恐怖
The ribs and terrors in the whale
在我身上形成了阴森的阴影
Arched over me a dismal gloom
当所有上帝照耀的波浪滚滚而过
While all God's sun-lit waves rolled by
把我带到更深的厄运之中
And lift me deepening down to doom
我看到地狱之门打开
I saw the opening maw of hell
那里有无尽的痛苦和悲伤
With endless pains and sorrows there
只有经历过的人才能描述
Which none but they that feel can tell
哦,正当我要陷入绝望之中
Oh, I was plunging to despair
在黑暗的痛苦中,我呼唤我的上帝
In black distress, I called my God
当我几乎不能相信他的时候
When I could scarce believe him mine
他侧耳倾听了我的抱怨
He bowed his ear to my complaints
我不要再把
No more the whale
鲸鱼关起来
Did me confine
阿门
Amen
“上帝安排了一条大鱼……
"And God had prepared a great fish...
要吞掉约拿”
"to swallow up Jonah."
船友们……
Shipmates...
约拿的罪
the sin of Jonah...
是他不顺服从神的旨意
was in his disobedience of the command of God.
他觉得这命令太难了
He found it a hard command.
是的,船友们……
And it was, shipmates...
因为神要我们做的一切事都是难的
for all the things that God would have us do are hard.
我们若要顺服神,就必须违背自己。
If we would obey God, we must disobey ourselves.
可是约拿试图逃跑,这是对上帝的进一步不敬
But Jonah still further flouts at God by seeking to flee from him.
约拿以为人类造的船
Jonah thinks that a ship made by men...
会把他带到没有上帝统治的国度
will carry him into countries where God does not reign.
电影精选列表