攀登梅鲁峰
三年前
蒙大拿,波兹曼
康拉德·安克
珍妮·安克
2008年9月
印度新德里,海拔:700英尺
雷南·奥兹图尔克
吉米·陈
雷南·奥兹图尔克
《无影无踪》作者:乔恩·克拉考尔
大本营,海拔:14500英尺
吉米·陈
艾米·辛克丽
第一天,海拔15000英尺
第三天,海拔16300英尺
第8天,海拔17000英尺
马格斯·斯坦普
第10天,海拔18000英尺
第13天,海拔19000英尺
姐姐:格蕾丝·陈
《国家地理》前所未有的约塞米蒂
《户外》最优秀的冒险家
珠穆朗玛峰,海拔24000英尺
第17天,海拔20000英尺
职业滑雪手:杰瑞米·琼斯
滑雪拍摄遭遇雪崩
最后一个站着的人 成为康拉德的巨大代价
亚历克斯·洛维
亚历克斯·洛维,世界顶尖攀登者 站在南极洲埃尔斯沃斯山顶
极限高手杯大赛
印度,根戈德里,海拔9900英尺
第一天,海拔15000英尺
神奇的一夜
[Man] One night of magic rush
开始仅仅是一次接触
The start a simple touch
推搡和尖叫的一夜
One night to push and scream
还有信仰
And then relief
完美韵律的10天
Ten days of perfect tunes
红的和蓝的颜色
The colors red and blue
我们许下了承诺
We had a promise made
我们相爱了
We were in love
恳求上帝让我们牵手
To call for hands of above
第6天,海拔:18500英尺
第11天,海拔:20000英尺
导演 吉米·金 伊丽莎白·翟·瓦萨瑞利
当寒冷刺骨
[Woman] When the cold bites your bones
侵入你心
And gets in your heart
会让你感到绝望
It can make you feel hopeless
害怕它会偷走你的阳光 带给你黑暗
And fear will come to steal your sun and make it dark
但你不相信你是一个人在奋斗
But don't believe you're lonely
我们一起经历了那些患难的时刻
We've all had that moment when our shoulders sink
我们坐下休息,心想
And we sit back and think
我们可以逃开
We could just run
但我们生来就是要追逐光明
But we're not born to chase the fading light
我们生来不是为了跌倒和失败
We're not born to fall and lose the fight
永不言弃,噢,不
Never letting go Oh, no, oh
我要你举起我 把我举到我从未到过的高度
I'm askin' you to lift me, lift me higher than I ever been
屏住呼吸,说你会和我一起
I Hold your breath and say you're gonna come with me
我们生来就是追随
We were born to follow
永不熄灭的光
The light that never fails
你害怕战斗,害怕攀登,害怕死亡
You're scared to fight, you're scared to climb, afraid to die
但我可以成为你的勇气
But I can be your courage
帮你看到胜利的希望
And help you see you've already won this
我们已经经历了那些沮丧的时刻
We all have that moment when our head hangs low
我们质问自己是否该继续
We question if we should go
还是该回头,逃开
Or turn back and run
但我们生来就是要追逐光明
But we're not born to chase the fading light
我们生来不是为了跌倒和失败
We're not born to fall and lose the fight
永不言弃,噢,不
Never letting go Oh, no, oh
我要你举起我 把我举到我从未到过的高度
I'm askin' you to lift me, lift me higher than I ever been
屏住呼吸,说你会和我一起
I Hold your breath and say you're gonna come with me
我们生来就是追随
We were born to follow
永不熄灭的光
The light that never fails
一起来吧,我们要扬帆了
Come along We're settin' sail
不要再回头了
Never looking back again
我们生来就是要追逐光明
We're not born to chase the fading light
我们生来不是为了跌倒和失败
We're not born to fall and lose the fight
永不言弃,噢,不
Never letting go Oh, no, oh
我要你举起我 把我举到我从未到过的高度
I'm askin' you to lift me, lift me higher than I ever been
屏住呼吸,说你会和我一起
Hold your breath and say you're gonna come with me
我们生来就是追随
We were born to follow
永不熄灭的光
The light that never fails
永不熄灭的光
The light that never fails
我们生来就是追随
We were born to follow
永不熄灭的光
The light that never -[Vocalizing]
永不熄灭的光
Light that never -[Vocalizing]
永不熄灭的光
The light that never fails♪
嗯 谢谢,亲爱的
[Man] Mmm. - Thank you, dear.
因为他们都是非常特别的 里面全都是...
[Woman] 'Cause they're extra-special, filled with-
球芽甘蓝
[Man #2] Brussels sprouts.
我们吃海鲜牛排套餐,你们吃...
We get the surf and turf. You guys get-
我们吃一大盆球芽甘蓝 - 不错
We get the full-on Brussels sprout... - [Man #2] Nice.
就是要浪费
Extravaganza.
我一直都能...
I can always...
放回去一点点,如果不是...
put it back out there a little bit if it's not-
康拉德和我刚结婚时 我们许下了这些誓言
[Woman] When Conrad and I first got married, he made all these promises.
我再也不会去攀登大山了
Oh, I'm never gonna go to the big mountains again.
我知道他永远不会放弃登山
I knew he would never quit climbing...
但不久之后他就开始梦想 进行其他一些重大远征
but it wasn't long before he was dreaming of some other big expedition.
每次我都眼睛一转说,好
And I was just rolling my eyes, going, "Right, okay."
高海拔喜马拉雅山攀登非常危险
[Conrad] High-altitude Himalayan climbing is very risky.
那是最危险的专业运动
It is the most dangerous professional sport.
但我觉得对于梅鲁峰来说 冒这些风险都是值得的
But I think with Meru, that risk is worth it.
作为登山家,梅鲁峰是我到过的 最高的高峰
As an Alpinist, Meru is the culmination of all I've done...
我一心只想登上峰顶,完成这次攀登
and all I've wanted to do is this peak and this climb.
我一直都知道他一定会继续攀登
[Woman] I knew he was gonna continue to climb forever...
但不知道他打算用什么方式继续爬
but, you know, in what aspect, I wasn't sure.
我知道他肯定会去
I know that stuff can happen.
每次我都这么说
You know, and that's what I always say.
对,对
Yeah, yeah.
但也会遇到问题
But stuff can happen.
我到现在已经严重晕车快一小时了
I've been super carsick for about an hour now.
你还好吗,吉米
How you doin', Jimmy? - [Groaning]
我们刚用小车的车顶空邮了 一堆我们的东西
We just airmailed a bunch of our stuff off the top of our... truck...
我们现在正在整理弄乱的地方
so we're pickin' up the pieces right now.
梅鲁峰因为几乎无法攀登而名声远扬
Meru definitely had a reputation as this impossible climb.
我也知道,康拉德组织这次旅行的方式
And I also knew, just by the way that Conrad brought the trip up...
非常的冷淡,所以...
it was very nonchalant, so- [Chuckles]
我觉得康拉德对于组织旅行
I think the more nonchalant Conrad is...
越冷淡,你就会越担心
about suggesting a trip, the more worried you oughta be. [Laughs]
噢耶
Oh, yeah.
当地语
[Speaking Foreign Language]
吉米和康拉德联♥系♥我说想攀登 梅鲁峰时我非常震惊
[Man] I was blown away when Jimmy and Conrad approached me about Meru.
他们没很详细的说明
They didn't build it up very much.
也没有说许多人尝试攀登 这座山峰并最终失败了
They didn't say, "This is the mountain that everyone's tried and failed on."
在他们的心里,我可能是... 年轻,新鲜的血液
In their minds, I was probably- "Oh, here's some young, fresh blood."
肯定很擅长
He's gonna be good at-
把绳子挂在他们需要的地方
to get the rope up on certain pitches.
你好
[Jimmy] Namaste.
喔吼 - 喔吼
Woo-hoo! - [Jimmy] Woo-hoo!
看看这的景色,天啊
Look at this reveal here. Yes! Om, om. - [Chuckles]
喔
Whoo.
梅鲁峰中间的鲨鱼鳍
[Man] The Shark's Fin on Meru central.
这次攀登需要比攀登喜马拉雅的 其他路线付出更多尝试经历更多失败
This climb has seen more attempts and more failures than any route in the Himalaya.
喔
[Chuckles] Wow.
这是恒河的源头
[Man Continues] It's the headwaters of the Ganges River...
世界上最神圣的河流之一
one of the most sacred rivers on Earth.
它是宇宙的中心,一个奇异的枢纽
The center of the universe. It's this weird nexus...
是天堂,地狱和人间交汇的地方
that sort of is the point where heaven and Earth and hell all come together.
这个地方被称作鲨鱼鳍是因为 这是一片长1500英尺的刀刃状
The thing that gives it the name the Shark's Fin is this 1,500-foot blade...
精美无暇的花岗岩
of this beautiful, flawless granite...
高耸进入20000英尺的空中
way up high, you know, 20,000 feet.
这是对大♥师♥级攀登者的试炼
This is the test of the master climber.
已经有众多伟大的登山家 对它发起了20多次尝试
You know, it's been tried by so many great climbers- I don't know, 20 times.
一些全世界最优秀的登山家 也都尝试过并在这条线路上遭遇了失败
Some of the best climbers in the world have tried and failed on this route.
梅鲁不只是难
[Krakauer Continues] Meru is not just hard.
它的难是因为路线太过复杂
It's hard in this really complicated way.
你不能光擅长冰面攀登
You can't just be a good ice climber.
电影精选列表