一切都需要时间
Everything just takes a while.
臻于完美需要尊重时间
Just staying with it in order to get the richness of it.
继续很容易
It's too easy to move on.
就像天空
Like a sort of big sky...
...转变成生活中的事情
...translates into what you're doing.
如果能看到几英里外又会怎么样
How would that be if you could see for miles around?
视野开阔
The horizon's all open.
改变心态的方式...
A ritual which shifts your state of mind...
...去其他地方
...to take you somewhere else.
就像分享的感觉
There's a sense of sharing something.
就像可以有不同的转变
It feels like it can stand different kind of interventions.
我真的很喜欢
I really love that.
我真的很喜欢 非常有活力...
I really love it that it goes out and has a life...
是的 -...超越了我们
Yeah. - ...beyond us.
如果有暴风雨来了...
If there's a storm coming...
他们说会有的
They said there was going to be.
是的
Yeah.
音乐是我环游世界的媒介
Music is my sort of vehicle for travelling through the world,
努力生活
sort of getting through life.
就像我写音乐那样
It's like I write music to do that.
有点奇怪
It's just kind of odd.
很奇怪的事情
It's kind of an odd thing to do.
你好 你好吗 - 很好 你好吗
Hello. How are you? - Fine. How are you?
很高兴见到你 - 我也是
Lovely to see you. - You too.
你好吗
How are you?
又怪又累 -又怪又累
Weird. Weird and tired. - Weird and tired!
在某些方面 这个作品显然非常极端
And this piece is obviously very extreme in some ways.
这是一个庞大的作品
It's a gigantic thing.
想做这么难的事情
To want to do such difficult things
也很奇怪
is kind of odd as well.
对我来说是个难题
It's a puzzle to me.
快到了 - 好的
Guys, you're almost there. - Alright.
是的 确保腕带都戴好
Right, folks, make sure your wristbands are on.
当我看到这整整八小时的专辑时
The moment that I saw the complete eight-hour album,
我一遍又一遍地听
I listened to it, like, over and over.
但是后来我不听了
But then I stopped listening to it.
我希望有一个新的体验
I wanted the experience to be new again for me.
我订票后
After I booked my ticket,
我发了Ins帖子
I made this Instagram post
就像月亮的华丽封面照片
where it was like the gorgeous cover photo of the moon
我当时想...所以这八个半小时
and I was like... So I'm gonna see this eight-and-a-half hour,
204个乐章 古典风格
204 movements, classical composition
我就开玩笑说
and I think I made some joke
我会感到非常孤独
that I'm just gonna feel crushingly alone
会一直哭
and cry the whole time,
这就是我期望的
so that's what I'm expecting.
我没有太高期望
I've tried not to have too many expectations.
我看到了他昨晚发的照片
Like, I saw the pictures that he posted last night
我想"那些床真的很挤"
and I'm like, "Those cots are really close together!"
我们有自己的空间
You know, I mean, you have your own space,
但是 通常我更喜欢一个人
but, uh, usually I'm much more of a loner
不会和别人如此近
as far as not being so close to others.
我从来看过这么长的作品
I've never watched something continuously
八个小时
for eight hours,
听到乐团预热 我非常兴奋
so just hearing them warming up has me pretty excited.
这可能是理想的方式
This is probably the ideal way
体验这样的事情
you want to experience something like this,
与认识的人或其他人在一起
being around someone you care about or just other people.
我不知道如何形容
I don't know how to describe it.
就像触动了我的灵魂
It's just kinda like... It hits your soul.
让我觉得自己与这个世界相连
It just makes me feel like connected to this world.
我想我的目标是
I guess what I was aiming for
以某种方式联♥系♥到起源
is this sense of connecting to origins somehow
和基础
and fundamentals.
就像"我们可以重新开始吗"
It's almost like, "Can we just start over, please?"
大家好
Hi, hello.
欢迎来到"睡梦"音乐会
Welcome to this performance of "Sleep",
八小时的舒眠曲
an eight-hour lullaby.
今天晚上我和ACME乐团一起
I'm joined this evening by the ACME Ensemble
还有格蕾丝·戴维森 (女高音)
and Grace Davidson.
我要感谢克里斯·埃克斯 (音响师)
A few more thank-yous, first of all to Chris Ekers
感谢他的音响工作
for his wonderful sound,
感谢史蒂夫·阿伯特
to Steve Abbott for joining all the dots
还有我的创意合伙人尤利娅
and especially to Yulia, my creative partner,
她的远见是这个作品的重要来源
whose vision is a big part of this piece.
没有规则
There are no rules. Um...
随心所欲地听 随心所欲地睡觉
Listen as you like, sleep as you like.
最好关掉手♥机♥
Maybe switch the phones off
享受旅程
and enjoy the trip.
我们在旅程另一边见
We'll see you on the other side.
马克斯·里希特
"睡梦"音乐会
背景音乐:Dream 1 (before the wind blows it all away)
/ Cumulonimbus / Dream 2 (entropy)
当我们年轻时
When we were younger,
我们家有孩子 我们没有钱
we had small children and we had no money,
当马克斯去做音乐会时
so, of course, when Max went away to do his concerts,
我不会去 所以我会留下来
I could never go and so I would stay behind.
当音乐会
It was really lovely
有现场直播的时候就很好
when people started streaming concerts
我就可以听
because suddenly I could listen in,
所以每次他离开时
so I started to, every time he'd go away,
我就会听音乐会 看看如何...
I'd listen in to the concert and see how, you know...
我会为他感到紧张 希望顺利进行
You feel nervous for your partner, you want it to go well,
看看到底如何
you're interested in how it goes,
这就是我的体验方式
you want to be there, so it was my way of experiencing it.
尤莉娅会在听
Yulia would be listening in.
当然 如果我在地球的另一端
Of course, if I'm on the other side of the planet,
那就是在深夜的某个时刻
it would be at some crazy hour in the middle of the night.
我会很累
I'd be exhausted.
我整天都和孩子们在一起
You know, I'd been with the kids all day.
我太累了 所以我总是睡着
I was so tired, so I would almost always fall asleep.
很快 我意识到
And pretty soon, I realised
在半梦半醒间游走时
that there's this incredible thing that happens
就会有一些意想不到的想法
when you start just drifting in and out of this dreamy space.
半睡半醒
And kind of waking up
空间也会不断变化
and liminal spaces would start to develop
我开始以完全不同的方式聆听
and you start to listen in a totally different way
体验和以前听CD
to how you normally listen to a CD
或者现场音乐会完全不一样
or a disc or even a concert.
它变成了...
And it becomes a...
它成为一种情绪化的聆听体验
It can... It becomes a very emotional listening experience.
所以当马克斯回来时 我会开始和他谈
So when Max would come back, I'd start to talk to him about this
我说 "这种睡梦聆听体验
and I was like, "We have to do something with this
我们可以做点什么"
because this is an incredible thing."
他说 "你说的很好
He said, "Well, it's funny you should say that
因为我从1995年就开始构思这个"
because here's this piece I've been working on since 1995."
然后他就拿出来一些手稿
And he starts getting out these pieces of paper,
给我看这些手稿 然后说
showing me these pieces of paper and saying,
"我一直在考虑这个问题"
"I've been thinking about this myself in a different form."
我们谈了一些关于
We sort of got into this conversation about
用不同方式
would it be interesting to make a piece
构造特定的空间
which is in some way made
来写一些音乐
to exist in that space
或者说
or to kind of have that sort of conversation
睡梦中的思想
with, you know, the sleeping mind?
睡梦中的思考是实际且有价值的
You know, the sleeping mind is as valid and valuable
实际上 对我们实际的日常生活
and, in fact, essential to us actually
来说至关重要
in terms of building our waking life.
当我们睡觉时 思考没有消失
When we're sleeping, we're not absent.
只是… 另一种认知状态
We're just... It's a different kind of cognitive state.
我们将这两个想法结合在一起
And so we brought these two ideas together really
电影精选列表