我从来没有这样做过。
and I never did.
我让他站在你面前
I let him stand up here in front of you
手里没有武器。
without a weapon in his hand.
生活对我来说早已失去意义。
Life had long ceased to have meaning for me.
而我没想到...
And I didn't think...
或者关心我对他做了什么。
or care what I was doing to him.
对不起。
Forgive me.
毕竟我没有死。
I'm not dead after all.
死人不哭......
The dead don't weep...
或感到如此痛苦。
or feel such pain.
哦,孩子,不要再打架了。
Oh, child, don't fight any longer.
我杀了丹·沙利文。
I killed Dan Sullivan.
他把我从墨西哥的下水道里捞了出来。
He fished me out of the sewers of Mexico.
他便宜地给我买♥♥了--
He bought me dirt cheap--
几瓶阿司匹林,几瓶威士忌。
a couple of aspirin, a few bottles of whiskey.
而我杀了他。
And I killed him.
你为什么杀了他?
Why did you kill him?
他发现我曾经有过一个儿子,一个家庭......
He found out I once had a son,
a family...
一个受人尊敬的家庭......
a respectable family...
和一个好儿子。
and a fine son.
他们以为我已经死了 20 多年。
They thought I was dead more than 20 years.
沙利文要告诉我的孩子我还活着,我会成为什么样的人。
And Sullivan was going to tell my child
that I was alive and what I'd become.
我没有太多东西可以离开我的儿子。
I don't have much to leave my son.
只是谎称他妈妈干净善良。
Only a lie
that his mother was clean and good.
你为什么离开你的家人?
Why did you leave your family?
我不合适。
I wasn't suitable.
我真的不是。
I really wasn't.
我想知道为什么我花了这么长时间才看到它。
I wonder why it took me so long to see it.
我杀了丹沙利文是为了让我的儿子不知道我的事。
I killed Dan Sullivan
to keep my son from knowing about me.
我不抱歉。
I'm not sorry.
而如果时光倒流......
And if time were turned back...
我又要杀了他。
I'd kill him again.
这是事实,孩子。
That's the truth, child.
真♥相♥。
The truth.
这些是我可能不得不说的最重要的话。
These are the most important words I may ever have to say.
这是您可能必须做出的最重要的决定。
And this is the most important decision
you may ever have to make.
我站在女人和死亡之间。
I stand between a woman and death.
你和我站在这里。
And you stand here with me.
有一个我想发表演讲,但我现在不能发表,
There was a speech I was going to make,
but I can't make it now,
不是在她那些简单的、令人心碎的话语之后。
not after those simple, heartbreaking words of hers.
斯伯丁先生告诫你不要尝试
Mr. Spalding has cautioned you not to try
丹·沙利文为他自己的谋杀。
Dan Sullivan for his own murder.
那么,你怎么能不这样做呢?
Well, how can you do otherwise?
如果不是因为他自己邪恶的贪婪,他还活着。
He'd be alive if it weren't for his own evil greed.
他的罪孽终于追上了他,他收获了旋风。
His sins finally caught up with him,
and he reaped the whirlwind.
检方指控我的当事人违反了上帝的律法
The prosecution accuses my client
of breaking the law of God
或者在他听到她的故事之前做过。
or did before he heard her story.
也许他现在不会收费了。
Perhaps he wouldn't charge that now.
母狮在为幼崽而战时会失去上帝的宠爱吗?
For does the lioness lose favor with God
when she fights for her cubs?
在洞口杀人的熊妈妈吗?
Does the mother bear
who kills at the mouth of the cave?
在所有的创造中都有这个物种的女性
In all creation is there the female of the species
谁不牺牲自己的生命
who will not sacrifice her own life
来保护她所怀的生命?
to protect the life she has conceived?
这个女人和她的儿子之间有着黑暗可怕的岁月,但她用自己的生命来保护他,即使是现在。
Dark and terrible years lie between this woman and her son,
but she protects him, even now, with her life.
她的儿子...
Her son...
永远不会知道他被爱得有多深。
will never know how deeply he is loved.
她认为他会为她感到羞耻。
She thinks he would be ashamed of her.
我想他会跪下来把她抱在心里。
I think he would kneel
and hold her to his heart.
检方...
The prosecution...
要求正义。
asks for justice.
我会提醒他和你想起索福克勒斯那句耸人听闻的话。
I would remind him and you
of the towering words of Sophocles.
“在某一点上,即使是正义也是不公正的。”
"There is a point
at which even justice is unjust."
正义必须公平。
Justice must be fair.
它必须是仁慈的。
It must be merciful.
应该是理解。
It must be understanding.
我的客户不要求她的生命。
My client doesn't ask for her life.
她准备好死去,知道她的儿子是安全的。
She's ready to die, knowing her son to be safe.
我问它。
I ask it.
我把这个女人的生命交给你。
I give this woman's life into your hands.
我求你把它还给她。
And I beg you to return it to her.
女士们,先生们,你们已经听到了证据。
Ladies and gentlemen, you have heard the evidence.
您将退休以审议您的判决。
You will retire to deliberate your verdict.
护士长!
Matron!
我必须见她。
I must see her.
我无法告诉你它有多重要。
I can't tell you how important it is.
我会看看我能做什么,州长。
I'll see what I can do, Governor.
我无可奈何。
I'm beyond reason.
霍莉淹死了。 她怎么可能还活着?
Holly drowned. How can she still be alive?
我们可以一个人吗?
May we be alone?
我们在外面等。
We'll wait outside.
你一定很安静。
You must be very quiet.
我知道。
I know.
我们要赢了。 不要担心。
We're going to win. Don't worry.
你在学校表现好吗?
Did you do well in school?
中规中矩。
Middling well.
自从我父亲去世后,我就再也没有听到过这种表情。
I haven't heard that expression since my father died.
你住在哪里?
Where do you live?
在纽约。
In New York.
独自的?
Alone?
在一间单间公♥寓♥里。
In a one-room apartment.
让你的儿子知道你还活着。
Let your son know that you're alive.
给他一个爱你的机会。
Give him a chance to love you.
你有女孩吗?
Do you have a girl?
是的。 我们很快就要结婚了。
Yes. We're going to be married soon.
你很爱她吗?
You love her very much?
非常。
Very much.
爱的时刻是唯一重要的时刻。
The moments of love are the only ones that matter.
爱的时刻照亮...
The moments of love illuminate...
并且不见了。
and are gone.
珍惜他们。
Treasure them.
结婚后,一个人住。
And when you're married, live alone.
哦,一个人住太重要了。
Oh, it's so important to live alone.
等你有了孩子......买♥♥个小房♥子。
And when you have a child... get a little house.
一栋红框房♥子......
A red-frame house...
在友好的街道上,有好邻居......
on a friendly street
with good neighbors...
和很多孩子。
and lots of children.
你有这样的房♥子吗?
Did you have a house like that?
几乎。
Almost.
我曾经几乎是一个富人...
I was once almost a rich...
有钱的女人。
rich woman.
请让我给你儿子打电♥话♥。
Please let me call your son.
不。
No.
但如果我是你的儿子,我会想知道的。
But if I were your son, I'd want to know.
不要替他做决定。
Don't make decisions for him.
这是唯一的特权...
It's the only prerogative...
我仍然拥有母性。
of motherhood I still possess.
他是自♥由♥的......我的罪孽。
He is free... of my sins.
你儿子应该在这里。
Your son should be here.
你在这里。
You're here.
是的。
Yes.
今天,我有了一个儿子。
Today, I've had a son.
而且,哦...
And, oh...
多么快乐。
电影精选列表