本片由一组来自美国圣母大学的本科生译制
视频中的观点与译者个人观点无关
没有什么比一个时机已到的想法更加强大
时机就是现在
现在 Facebook的用户数量
Right now, there are more people on facebook
已经超过了200年前地球总人口
than there were on the planet 200 years ago.
人类最大的愿望是归属和交流
Humanity's greatest desire is to belong and connect.
如今 我们能看见彼此
And now, we see each other.
我们能听见彼此
We hear each other.
"爷爷我爱你"
"Grandpa I love you!"
"我爱你"
"I love you!"
"为什么不能拍照啊"
"Why.. why won't it take a picture?"
我们分享所喜爱的东西
We share what we love
它们让我们意识到我们的共同点
and it reminds us what we all have in common.
"在7天半之后 他仍活着 状况良好"
"Dug out alive and well after seven and a half days.."
"如果你相信你自己 就必须去骑自行车"
"If you believe in yourself, you'll know how to ride a bike! Watch and learn!"
"你的助听器已经开了 能听出来吗"
"So now technically, your device is on. Can you tell?"
"这太让人兴奋了"
"Oh! It's exciting!"
且这种交流方式正在改变世界的运转方式
And this connection is changing the way the world works.
政♥府♥在努力跟上
Governments are trying to keep up.
现在我们能尝到自♥由♥的滋味
老一辈对此表示担心
And older generations are concerned.
"很多人对明天表示担忧"
"Many people are very concerned about tomorrow.
"明年情况会更差"
They could get worse next year.
游戏有了新的法则
The game has new rules.
接下来的27分钟是一个实验
The next 27 minutes are an experiment.
但你必须全神贯注才能让它实现
But in order for it to work, you have to pay attention.
他好萌
Oh, he is cute.
我能听见他的声音
I can hear him!
每个人都是这样来到这个世上的
Every single person in the world started this way.
他无法选择何时出生 或是生于何处
He didn't chose where or when he was born.
但他来了 他对这个世界就有意义
But because he's here, he matters.
我们一直在等着你
你做到了
我叫杰森·罗素
My name is Jason Russell
这是我的儿子 加文
and this is my son, Gavin.
他喜欢跳蹦蹦床
He loves jumping on the trampoline,
当个忍♥者
being a ninja,
还有跳舞
and dancing.
你在干嘛
What are you doing?
做雪天使
Making a snow angel.
怎么做呀
How do you do that?
你就这么做
You do this!
像他的父亲一样 他喜欢出现在影片里
And just like his dad, he likes being in movies
开拍
Action!
小心啊 人们当心啊
Look out! Look out people!
快跑 是个炸♥弹♥
Run! It's a bomb!
还喜欢拍电影
And making movies.
爸爸你看
Daddy watch this!
我认为我们有好的片段了
但是他出生在一个复杂的世界
But he was born into a pretty complicated world.
作为一名父亲
And as a dad,
我希望他所成长的世界能比我的更好
I want him to grow up in a better world than I did.
因为我生命中发生的事情
And because of the course of events in my life,
我看见通往这个目标的一条路
I see a way to get there.
这变成了我的工作
It has become my job.
你以什么身份去结束战争
Who are you to end a war?
我要告诉你 你不能以什么身份去结束战争
I'm here to tell you who are you not to.
加文 怎么啦
Hey Gavin, what's up?
在加文出生前
Years before Gavin was born,
另一个男孩彻底改变了我人生的轨迹
the course of my life was changed entirely by another boy.
那是谁啊
And who is this right here?
雅各布
Jacob.
雅各布是谁啊
Who's Jacob?
雅各布是我们在非洲的朋友
Jacob is our friend in Africa.
我和雅各布成为朋友大约10年了
It's been almost ten years since Jacob and I became friends.
没事的 它们很温柔的
It's okay, they're nice.
他们和鲨鱼不一样
They're different from sharks.
但当我和朋友首次在中非乌干达见到他时
But when my friends and I first met him in Uganda in Central Africa,
情况大相径庭
it was in very different circumstances.
当时他在逃命
He was running for his life.
你在这儿上学吗
Uh, you go to school here?
是的
Yes.
所以你英语很不错
That's how you know English so well?
我会英语
I know.
喂
你在这儿待了几晚了
How many nights have you stayed here?
喂
你们这让我工作很难做
把那玩意儿关了
我和雅各布初遇的那个晚上 他告诉我
The night I first met Jacob, he told me
他和北乌干达的其他孩子在经受什么
what he and other children in Northern Uganda were living through.
我们担心
反叛军再次抓到我们的话
他们会杀了我们
我哥哥试着逃跑
而他们用短刀杀了他
切开了他的喉咙
你看见了吗
看见了
我们怕如果在自己家睡觉
反叛军会劫持我们
因为我们家离镇子很远
他们会把我们抓到丛林里去
我们来这儿保命
我无法相信
你无法相信吗
这都好多年了?
如果这在美国出现了一晚上
一定会登上报纸头条
你长大了想做什么
我想当律师 但是
我没钱付学费
我就不能学习成为律师了
和雅各布在一起待了几周后
After spending a few weeks with Jacob,
他说了让我永生难忘的话
he told me something I would never forget.
你杀了我们会比较好
如果可能的话
你能杀了我们 就杀了我们
对于我们 我们不愿活着
你不愿待在地球上
只有我们两个 没有人照顾我们
我们没学上
你宁死不活?
是的
哪怕是现在?
哪怕是现在
我们将来怎么活
他跟我说了些他哥哥的事情
He told me more about his brother
以及假如他哥哥活着的话 会对他说什么
and what he would say to him if he were still alive.
我爱你
但我想你
若能相见多好
可惜或许只能在天堂相见了
懂吗
所以 死了更好
我不多说了
这会让我情绪崩溃
因为 如果能与哥哥再见一面
我不...
没事的
雅各布 没事的
我的心告诉我 我应该做些什么
Everything in my heart told me to do something,
于是我对他许下一个承诺
and so I made him a promise.
我们会尽一切努力
去制止他
你听到我说的了吗
是的
你懂我说的了吗
是的
是的
我们可以 我们将制止他
我们将制止他
We're going to stop them.
我向雅各布作出那承诺
I made that promise to Jacob
其实我当时并不知道那意味着什么
not knowing what it would mean
但现在我知道了
but now I do.
在过去9年里 我为完成它而奋斗
Over the past nine years, I have fought to fulfill it.
是这承诺让我来到这里
And the fight has led me here.
来到你正在看的这个短片这里
To this movie you're watching.
因为这个承诺不仅关乎雅各布
Because that promise is not just about Jacob
不只关乎我
or me,
也关乎你
it's also about you.
今年 2012年 我们终于可以兑现承诺
And this year, 2012, is the year that we can finally fulfill it.
若能成功 我们将改写人类的历史
And if we succeed, we change the course of human history.
但时间有限
But time is running out.
老实说 这短片有效期到2012年12月31日
To level with you, this movie expires on December 31, 2012,
它唯一的目的 就是制止反叛组织L.R.A[圣主抵抗军]
and its only purpose is to stop the rebel group, the LRA,
和它的领导人 约瑟夫·科尼
and their leader, Joseph Kony.
我现在要一步一步告诉你 我们怎么做
And I'm about to tell you exactly how we're going to do it.
现在情况是 我的儿子加文从来
So the thing is that my son Gavin has never
不知道我是干嘛的
I've never really explained to him what I do
他只知道我在非洲工作
He knows I work in Africa
但他不知道这场战争是为了什么