Behind me, it looks inviting, serene and safe, but is it?
We have received several reports
of a shark prowling these shores,
and while this isn't uncommon, these reports claim the shark
is in fact monstrous, ranging from 50 to 60 feet in length,
larger than any known Great White.
Does the sudden appearance have anything to do with the
increased drilling at the newly renovated rig just offshore?
The EPA is still trying to get accurate reports
on just how far they are drilling,
and at what cost to the environment this will have.
Is the rig hiding a secret and is there any connection
to the mysterious monster supposedly prowling the depths?
- That bitch.
She'll regret poking around in our affairs
if she continues spreading those stories.
[joyful piano music]
- [Roy] Two sugars?
- No more, no less.
- I heard some of the other workers talking topside.
A few of the others have seen the same shark I have.
- You're not still on that, are you?
- It's in the news as well.
- Sailors and seafarers have been seeing
sea serpents for centuries.
Too much sun, too much booze.
Too much grass.
- I'm just saying.
- And what are they saying?
- Sightings of a shark or a marine animal,
50 to 60-feet-long.
- Then it isn't your shark. They don't grow that big.
- What I saw looked like a shark.
- Sharks were 60-feet-long in the Jurassic times,
but not today.
- But maybe one survived.
- Nothing can hibernate for millions of years and live.
- Maybe one did survive.
Maybe it got trapped in some suspended animated state.
Maybe we freed it accidentally with our secretive drilling.
- Now that kind of talk will get you fired.
- But it could be possible.
- I still say no.
Jurassic life died out with a mass extinction.
- Dinosaurs died out.
Whales, sharks, alligators?
They're older than the dinosaurs and they're still alive.
- True, but they're not the size of a battleship, either.
How they survived is a mystery,
but they adapted and got smaller, not stay the same size.
- You have a very closed mind about these matters.
- And you live in a fantasy world of young ladies
and prehistoric sharks.
- You may be wrong, you know.
- Not this time. I don't think so.
- Lennings speaking. What is it?
Yeah, I've heard the reports.
No, I haven't seen any shark in the water.
I don't care what the dang news lady said.
This marina is safe and so are you and your boats.
Well, um, I've put extra security on duty and, um...
I hired a sharpshooter from the deepest part of Africa.
Kill any shark that even comes close to the marina.
Yeah, come on down.
Bring your friends and family and have a good time. Bye.
[sighs] This crap's gonna ruin my business.
- All right, what's the plan?
- The channel between here and Cat Island isn't very deep,
so I'm thinking you pull me along in the boat,
I'll keep an eye out for the tarp
that the painting was supposed to be wrapped in,
and if I don't find it,
then we'll just hit up Cat Island and search it out.
- That's the plan?
Where are you taking that boat?
[boat engine hums]
I can't hear you!
- I thought I told you
I didn't want your friend hanging around here!
- We'll be back soon, all right?
We're taking it for a test drive. Just got out the shop!
- Dumb kid. He's fired at the end of his shift this week.
Look at this mess he left behind.
All someone has to do is trip on this
and I'll be in court getting sued.
[ominous orchestral music]
[shark snarls] [grunts]
[bones and flesh crunch] [pants and grunts]
[shark growls] [suspenseful music]
- Stop, stop!
- What is it?
- I saw something in the water!
- It was, it was huge!
It was the shape of something hard to define.
- It was probably just a submerged log.
- Or your monster shark. Maybe this was a bad idea.
- Look, shark or not, we gotta keep pressing on.
I could get fired over this, man.
Would you grow a set, would you? You gotta keep looking.
- All right, yeah. I guess you're right.
- [sighs] I think the shark is bored.
- What a coincidence. I feel the very same way.
- It's not moving much,
but it's still far enough from the rig to warrant concern.
- Maybe the drilling's keeping it away.
I sure wouldn't want to be around
if they stopped working now.
- So what's the story on the shark?
- It's not real active at the moment.
- Well, we may have trouble of another sort.
|拾荒者统治（2023） Scavengers Reign|
|大陆酒店（2023） The Continental: From the World of John Wick|
|我们星球上的生命（2023） Life on Our Planet|
|黑色孤儿：回响（2023） Orphan Black: Echoes|
|所有我们看不见的光（2023） All the Light We Cannot See|
|蓝眼武士（2023） Blue Eye Samurai|
|帝王计划：怪兽遗产（2023） Monarch: Legacy of Monsters|
|化学课（2023） Lessons in Chemistry|
|无人入眠（2023） Still Up|