遇上伊芙的时候 我从司法学校已经退学了
I had dropped out of law school when I met Eve.
她很漂亮
She was very beautiful.
脸色苍白,在黑大衣下显得很清爽
Very pale, cool in her black dress,
只戴着一串珍珠项链
with never anything more than a single strand of pearls.
而且冷漠,总是一副泰然自若的样子
And distant. Always poised and distant.
等到女孩们都出生了 一切都很完美,井井有条
By the time the girls were born, it was all so perfect, so ordered.
当然,回头再看,还是捉艰苦的
Looking back, of course, it was rigid.
事实上
The truth is
她创造了一个世界,而我们生活在其中
she'd created a world around us that we existed in,
这个世界井然有序,总是显得很和睦
where everything had its place, where there was always a kind of harmony.
张显着高贵的气质
Great dignity.
不过在我看来...那就像是 一个冰雕的宫殿
I will say... it was like an ice palace.
然后突然有一天
Then suddenly one day,
无缘无故
out of nowhere,
在我们的脚下出现了一个巨大的深渊
an enormous abyss opened up beneath our feet
而我看见了一张陌生的面孔
and I was staring into a face I didn't recognize.
"毛♥泽♥东♥有着普遍的影响力
"The basic popularity and appeal of Mao
在所谓的美国马♥克♥思♥主义者中间"
for so-called American Marxists. "
而这应该是随着
This is supposed to go in the sequence -
随着第二卷谈到的南非的事情 之后出现的
in under the sequence in reel two about South Africa.
呃...我们会举出两个例子
Um... what we wanna do is get two examples.
他的风格是马♥克♥思♥列♥宁♥主义 毛♥泽♥东♥的风格
The idea is his style was Marxist-Leninist - Mao's style -
和下层阶级的人♥民♥容易亲近是因为 他用的那套说教方法
but that he was accessible to the lower classes because of his use of homilies.
例如:"最难的就是一生 都做适当的事情"
An example is: "The hardest thing is to act properly throughout one's whole life. "
这到底是什么意思?或者更糟糕的是...
What the hell does that mean? Or, even worse...
伊芙,你怎么来了?
Eve. I wasn't expecting you.
- 希望我没有打扰你 - 没有,我只是在想会是谁
- I hope I'm not disturbing you. - No. I just couldn't imagine who it was.
- 乔依在吗?她在哪儿? - 在洗澡,喝点什么?
- Is Joey here? Where's Joey? - In the shower. Can I get you anything?
噢,不麻烦的话一些咖啡就可以了
Oh, just some coffee, if you don't mind.
不,不麻烦
No, it's no trouble at all.
我找到一个很配门厅的花瓶
I think I've found a very nice vase for the foyer.
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
可能你觉得有点奢侈 但并不是这样,整体来看的话
You'll probably think it's an extravagance, but it's not, all things considered.
这些东西变得越来越珍贵
These pieces are becoming increasingly rare.
精致吗?
Isn't that exquisite?
希望你会喜欢,因为真的很适合放在门厅
I hope you like it, because it's perfect for the foyer.
伊芙,在门厅已经有一个花瓶了
We already have a vase in the foyer, Eve.
是有,不过如果我们重铺地板的话 就不合适了
Yes, but this will never look right when we redo the floors.
我不明白为什么非得 重铺地板不可
I've never understood why they have to be redone.
你说什么?迈克尔,我们已经讨论过了 你不记得啦?你也答应了
What? We discussed all that, Michael. Don't you remember? You agreed.
这些东西重做两三次很费钱
It costs money to have these things done and redone two and three times over.
不过...房♥子显得太空旷了
But the... It's such a large floor space.
我们都同意浅一些的颜色 会让房♥子看起来好一些
We agreed the paler tones would make a more subtle statement.
白木会很可爱的
Pale woods would be lovely.
我从没同意过什么,总是由你告诉我而已
I never agreed about anything. I'm always being told.
- 我才不会那样 - 那你是怎样的?
- I wouldn't put it that way. - How would you put it?
客厅刚弄好,又需要修整
First the living room was finished, then it wasn't.
接下来又得改卧室,现在又要掀地板了
Then the bedroom needed more work. Now the floors have to be stripped.
- 沙发是你选的,然后你又不喜欢 - 沙发很可爱
- You picked the sofa, then you hated it. - It was a lovely piece.
但尺寸不对,又没有精确地测量过
It just was the wrong scale. This is not an exact science.
有时候只有先看了之后再感觉
Sometimes you just have to see it, then you get the feel of it.
- 你不喜欢把它放在卧室里吗? - 我觉得不在卧室更好
- You didn't like that in the bedroom? - I get better use out of it here.
如果你要放在这儿,也不错 反正都得用
If you utilized it in here, that's fine. It's meant to be used,
但是我们本来打算用在卧室里的
but it was part of what we were doing in the bedroom.
它很窗帘和床单很相配,我觉得...
It's the shade and the bedspread, they set each other off so nicely. I thought...
- 花瓶多少钱? - 他们要400美元
- How much is the vase? - They're asking $400.
- 伊芙,你就不能让我喘口气 - 好吧,迈克尔,我会把它退了
- Give me a break, Eve. - All right, Michael. I'll return it.
你介意把窗户关上吗? 街上的噪音让人觉得烦躁
Would you mind closing the window? The street noises are just unnerving.
- 我希望你们不会吵架 - 不会的
- I hope you aren't having an argument. - Not at all.
噢,那衣服不错,颜色很特别
Oh, I love that suit. It's a unique color.
蕾娜达说这是冰灰色
Renata calls it ice grey.
你穿起来很漂亮,迈克尔,对吧?
It makes you look very beautiful. Isn't she beautiful, Michael?
- 很可爱 - 我不觉得可爱
- Very lovely. - I don't feel lovely.
我一整天都在第二大道上逛来逛去
I've been running up and down Second Avenue all day.
噢,哇,这是给我们的吗?真精致
Oh, wow. Is this for us? It's exquisite.
- 不,我只是拿给迈克尔看 - 太贵了
- No. I was just showing it to Michael. - It's too expensive.
是吗?那太糟了
Really? Well, that's too bad.
- 伊芙,我们留下它 - 不,不用
- Eve, let's keep it. - No, no.
我们留下,很漂亮,我们得好好设计一下
Yeah. It's very beautiful. We'll work something out.
不,只是看见它很兴奋,也不知道为什么
No, I was just carried away by it. I don't know why.
我想是因为很特别,不过太奢侈了
Guess it's because it's so unique. But it is an extravagance.
我找找看同一种风格,不过价钱合适些的
I'll just look for something along the same lines at a better price.
不过它真的适合放在卧室里
But this really belongs in the bedroom
放在这儿太不显眼了
because it's too insignificant a piece for in here.
那颜色和旁边光滑的表面很不配
The shade is just wrong against all these slick surfaces.
- 我会把它放回去的 - 不,我再试试其它地方
- I'll put it back. - No. I want to try it in a different spot.
我再给你们挑些东西
I can fix something for you,
一些不太贵的
something more inexpensive.
我已经看上了一套白蜡制的 也许是炮铜的
I've seen some nice pewters. Um, maybe gunmetal.
若你们喜欢,我能让帘子料子更光滑一些
And I can make the shade in a smoother fabric, if you prefer.
不过我们应该坚持用米色和褐色
But we should stick with my beiges and my earth tones.
- "米色和..." - 别责怪她
- "Beiges and... " - Stop picking on her.
- 没人说她 - 她只是得了病
- Nobody's picking on her. - She's a sick woman.
- 真不错 - 嗯,挺好的
- That's great. - Yes, it's nice.
还好吗?
So how do you feel?
没事,只是有点累,就这样
I'm fine. I'm just a little tired, that's all.
- 喝点咖啡 - 谢谢
- Coffee. - Oh, thank you.
给你说,太多工作了,太累了
Oh, I tell you, so many jobs. It's just exhausting.
是啊,我知道,我不明白为什么 你能那么投入做那些
Yeah, I know. I can't get over how you sort of jump right in and do it.
我喜欢做,喜欢忙的感觉
Well, I like it. I like to be busy.
我觉得已经从不稳定的时候 熬过来了,你觉得呢?
And I think I can say that my comeback is over the shaky period. Wouldn't you say?
我也觉得是,你的工作好多了 实际上比以前好多了
I think so. I think your work is better, in fact, than it's ever been.
- 是吗? - 是啊
- Do you? - Yeah.
我不得不承认最近听了一些很特别的赞美
Well, I have to admit that I have received some rather special compliments lately.
- 哦,是吗? - 嗯哼
- Oh, yeah? - Uh-huh.
我的情绪高涨,自我感觉很好
Yes. Well, my spirits are high. I'm feeling good about myself.
不能否认有时会遇到挫折
Not to say that I don't run into an occasional setback,
不过好久没有感觉这么自信了
but I haven't really felt so confident in a long time.
你看起来好多了
You look better than you have in ages.
噢,最近和爸爸说过话吗?
Oh. Have you talked to Dad lately?
没有,他还在希腊
No. He's still in Greece.
他回来的时候,你得向他保证 我很好
When he comes back, I hope you'll corroborate the state of my wellbeing.
当然
Of course.
我已经朝他觉得不可能的方向努力了
I've pulled myself together in a way that he never thought possible.
- 我觉得你真的很棒 - 噢...
- I mean, you're really impressive. - Oh...
也许最后得讨论一下和解的问题
Well, maybe a reconciliation could finally be discussed.
你觉得呢?
Think so?
不过没那么多的时间
Well, it hasn't been that much time.
我真的不...不知道
I really don't... I don't know.
- 为什么你总是这么消极? - 我不觉得这是消极
- Why are you always so negative? - I don't think that was negative.
噢,你总是不愿意鼓励我 我不知道是为什么
Oh, you're always reluctant to encourage me. I don't know why.
妈妈,我知道你很乐观 但你也必须现实点儿
Mother, I know that you're optimistic, but it's important for you to be realistic, too.
- 你还准备说什么? - 没什么
- Is there something you're not saying? - No.
洛贝尔医生认为你♥爸♥爸
Dr. Lobel doesn't think it's unrealistic
和我和解不是不现实的,只是一个目标
to hope that your father and I might reconcile. It's just a goal.
好吧,我不会再说什么丧气的话了
Fine. I didn't say anything to get in the way of that.
你总是让人听起来 好像是不可能的事
You always make it sound as though it's impossible.
- 我没有说不可能 - 你说了,你暗示了很多
- I didn't say it was impossible. - Yes, you did. You imply that a lot.
蕾娜达就觉得我们会和解
Renata thinks it's going to happen.
- 我敢肯定她不会那么说 - 她说了,她含蓄地表达过
- I'm sure she didn't say that. - She did. She implied that.
- 可能是你误解了 - 不,她只会往好的方面看
- Maybe you read into it. - No. She just looks on the bright side.
哦,真好,太棒了,我只是认为 你不应该骗自己
Oh, great. That's wonderful. I just don't think you should delude yourself either.
所以你父亲没希望 再想和我住一起咯?
So there's no chance your father will want to live with me?
- 我没那么说 - 蕾娜达认为会有机会的
- I didn't say that. - Renata thinks there's a good chance.
- 等着看吧 - 你就是不愿意鼓励我
- Just wait and see. - You just refuse to encourage me.
- 为什么你不和蕾娜达讨论这个呢? - 我会的,谢谢你提醒,我会的
- Why don't you discuss it with Renata? - I will, thank you. I will.
妈妈一直在走来走去
Mother paced all the time.
她...
She...
呃...
Um...
她患失眠症
She was an insomniac.
电影精选列表