这里有很多爱
在线交友是充满商机的行业
Internet dating is big business.
每年交易超过二十亿美元
It's worth over $2 billion per year
并且声称它促成了
and claims to generate
五分之一目前关系稳定的情侣
one fifth of all current committed relationships.
在世界各地 有九千一百万人
Worldwide, 91 million people
注册了在线交♥友♥网♥站 而我正是其中之一
log on to dating sites and I'm one of them.
自从我开始约会以来
Since I started dating,
赞德·范·塔肯博士
情况已经发生了巨大的改变
it has changed a huge amount.
事实上 目前
Really, now,
几乎我认识的所有人都尝试过在线交友
almost everyone I know has tried online dating.
我一直在伦敦和纽约两地约会
I've been dating in both London and New York
可是至今也没找到那个对的人
and so far I've yet to find The One.
我三十七岁 我所有的朋友都结婚了
I'm 37, all my friends are married,
我的兄弟们也结婚了
my brothers are married,
单身不再是一件有趣的事
it's not fun being single any more.
虽然我现在的婚姻很幸福
Although I'm happily married now,
我也尝试过在线交友
I've done my share of online dating.
作为一个数学家 我对在线交♥友♥网♥站
As a mathematician, I'm fascinated by the algorithms
声称可以帮你找到意中人的算法很着迷
that dating sites claim can find you love,
但实际上他们拿出来的真凭实据却不多
but there's little hard evidence that they actually deliver.
因此 我要将赞德作为实验对象
So, I'm going to put them to the test
来做一个测试
using Xand as my guinea pig.
我想用赞德的真心做赌注
I'm willing to gamble with Xand's heart
汉娜·弗雷博士
来看看我们能否采用一些数学方法
and see if we can use a little bit of maths
找到他真心喜欢的姑娘
to find him a girl that he really likes.
可运用科学真的可以帮我找到真爱吗
But can applying some science really help me find love?
-你好吗 -真高兴见到你
- Hiya, how are you doing? - Oh, really nice to meet you.
配对网站真的比自己选择更好吗
Are matching sites any better than just choosing yourself?
这些算法绝不可能做到
There is no way that these algorithms can do what
他们声称能做到的事
they're claiming to do.
你该用哪张照片
Which picture should you use?
天啊 你像个头发乱蓬蓬的警♥察♥
God, you're like the bloomin' hair police.
如何写出最好的个人简介
And what's the best way to write a profile?
是个好人可不是最好的自我推销
Just being a nice guy is not necessarily the best pitch.
我们研究在线交友的科学
We look at the science of online dating
同时享受这一过程中的乐趣
and have some fun along the way.
看这里
You're going right there.
这就是让你的生殖器兴奋的部位
That's where your genitals lit up.
地平线 网上寻爱指南
《地平线》节目组邀请了五十位单身男女
Horizon has invited 50 single ladies and gentlemen
参加伦敦的一场交友活动
to a dating event in London.
-没有人接吻 不过... -没有
- No-one's snogging, but... - No.
到目前为止
So far.
-时间还早呢 -才刚开始 还早呢
- It's early yet. - Early days. It's early days.
他们喝得还不够多
They haven't had enough to drink yet.
我们全部参加一场实验来测试
We are all taking part in an experiment to test the
被很多在线交♥友♥网♥站使用的数学配对系统
mathematical matching systems used by many online dating sites.
这有点像 几乎就是期望的安慰剂效应
There is that sort of, almost placebo effect of expectation.
无论结果更好
Whether that does better
或是不如我们目前的扩展算法
or not then our actual extended algorithm,
我们都要找出答案
we're about to find out.
近来在线交友的高涨
The recent upsurge in online dating
是人类行为研究人员的金矿
is a gold mine for researchers studying human behaviour
它产生了一些优秀研究成果
and it's starting to produce some good, hard science
关于帮赞德这类人寻找真爱的最佳技术
about the best techniques to help those like Xand looking for love.
等她站起来 因为她很爱抽烟
But wait till she stands up, because she's super smoking.
-我得等着... -对
- I have to wait... - Yeah.
我讨厌承认这一点
I hate to admit it,
可我真的需要帮助
but I really need some help.
我觉得在线交友最糟的一点是
So, I think the worst thing about online dating is having
承认你自己是单身
to admit to yourself that you're single
而且你想要和别人约会
and that you want to meet someone else.
我现在37岁 我不觉得自己老
And at 37, I don't feel old,
但我现在状态没有以前好了
but I'm probably in a bit more of a mess than I used to be.
过去两年我参加了八场婚礼
I've been to eight weddings in the last two years
我感觉都是伴娘找我
and I feel like always the bridesmaid,
从来没有新娘找到我
never the bride does almost literally apply to me.
我想我现在对于参加婚礼有点暴躁了
I think I am getting a little grumpy at weddings now.
我开始有点憎恶
I think I slightly do resent...
其他人的幸福了
other people's happiness, which is not...
这种感觉并不好
It's not a good position to be in.
但第一对夫妇离婚让我感觉好点
First couple of divorces, though, so that made me feel better.
我觉得在线交友是片雷区
I found online dating a minefield.
有上千种不同的网站
There are thousands of different sites,
从只需轻轻一滑进行速配的手♥机♥软件
from mobile apps that hook you up with a simple swipe,
到使用复杂的配对系统
to internet dating with complex matching systems
并且承诺能为你找到完美伴侣的网站
that promise to find you the perfect partner.
是什么让两个人相配
但是哪一种更好呢
But which is better?
我知道在线交友
I get that online dating is
是遇到其他人的好方法
an efficient way of encountering other people...
而且我也可能有机会约会
And probably, therefore, getting me dates,
但网站的宣传不止如此
but it makes a much bigger claim than that.
他们说 我们为你找到正确的人
They're saying, "We'll find you someone right for you."
不同的网站
Well, there's certainly a range
所提供的东西也不同
of different websites that offer different things.
一些网站
So, some of them are just
只是陌生人目录
effectively a catalogue of strangers, right?
而其他一些网站是基于算法的
Whereas others have these algorithms built in,
就是一系列的计算
which is a series of calculations.
所以你需要输入信息
So, you take some input -
可能是你想寻找什么样的伴侣
maybe what you're looking for in a partner,
其他潜在伴侣对于他们伴侣的要求
what prospective partners are looking for in their partner -
然后把这些通过逻辑步骤
and you put it through a series of logical steps,
就像严格遵循食谱一样
like a recipe effectively,
最后你获得一个结果
and in the end you come up with an output,
就是你们作为情侣能有多般配
which is how good the two of you would be matched as a potential couple.
就像决策树一样
So, it's like a decision tree?
对 就像那样
Yeah, exactly.
简单来说 算法就像是流程图
At their simplest, algorithms work like a flow chart,
不同的输入信息和指令
with different inputs or instructions
会得到不同的结果
that feed into an end result or output.
我只使用过最简单的算法
OK, but I've only ever used the simplest algorithm,
只用输入居住地 年龄 性别
which is proximity, age, sex.
我认为如果你填一份关于
But I think that if we get you to fill in a questionnaire about
什么样的伴侣吸引你的问卷
the type of things that you find appealing in a partner,
我可以写一个算法
I think I could write an algorithm that would find a girl
能为你找到一个姑娘
who is better suited for you than if
比你在酒吧搭讪到的更合适
you just walked into a bar and picked someone at random.
虽然我挺怀疑 不过还是试试吧
I'm pretty sceptical about this, but, hey, let's give it a go.
这实际上就是应用数学
And this is actually applied maths.
然后用它来让我找到约会对象
Like, we'll use it to get me a date.
对 就是这样
Yeah, totally.
但问题不是你要找一个人
All right, but the challenge is not for you
比我在酒吧搭讪到的更好
to do better than me going to a bar,
你其实在挑战
you're actually up against
我通过滑手♥机♥随机选人
me choosing random people through swiping.
-这就是挑战 -好的
- That's the challenge. - OK.
-那来吧 -成交
- You're on. - Deal.
Tinder, Zoosk and Happn等手♥机♥交友软件
With mobile dating apps like tinder, Zoosk and Happn
能够让用户通过随手一滑来挑选或者拒绝
allowing users to select or reject partners with a simple swipe left or right,
像我这种在线约会者会觉得有点厌烦
online daters like me can feel a little jaded.
有时候感觉这真的很随便
It sometimes feels really superficial...
别人要拒绝你只需简单向右一滑
It's very easy for people to just reject you out right.
然后你就会想他们为什么拒绝我
So, you think, "Oh, why are they rejecting me?
我哪里有问题了
What's wrong with me?"
而传统的在线交♥友♥网♥站也有他们的弊端
And traditional dating sites have their downsides, too.
你会收到许多讨厌鬼在网上给你发
You get a lot of creeps online who try to send you, like,
自己的下流照片
gross pictures of themselves.
鲶鱼 就是那些假冒其他人的人
电影精选列表