好了,酷
'OK,cool'
- 再来一次 - 好嘞
- 'One more time' - OK,right.
好的
'OK.'
亚里士多德说过有三种类型的友谊
Aristotle said there are three types of friendship.
第一种是实用的友谊
The first is friendship of utility,
它存在于你和
which happens between you and someone
对你有用的人身上,比如说你的同事
who's useful to you in some way,like a co-worker.
第二种呢是快乐的友谊,它存在于那些
'The second is friendship of pleasure,which occurs when two or more people
享受彼此陪伴的人之间
just enjoy one another's company.
这可以是一种简单而自然的兄弟情
This can be a simple, natural comradery,
或者说哥们儿感情
or even a buddy.
第三种叫做真挚的的友谊
And the third,called friendship of the good,
而它建立在互尊互信的基础之上
is built on pure mutual respect and admiration.
这种友谊的形成较为缓慢,却也维持的更加长久.这类友情可以说是最棒的
Slower to develop, but more enduring,it's the best friend type stuff.
当然我并不是想说我比亚里士多德更懂
Now, I'm not saying I know more than Aristotle,
我只是想说这世上还有别的类型的友情
but I'd like to propose that there are other types of friendship.
有种特别的,我将其称之为有历史的友情
One in particular I call friendship of history.
你曾是某人最为亲密的朋友
You were close friends with someone,
你们向着不同的方向成长,变成了不同的人
grew in different directions,to be different people,
但彼此仍亲密如初
but still act close just,well, because.
这就好比在超♥市♥里看到有个穿救生衣的人
It's just like seeing a person wearing a life jacket in the supermarket.
你会问他,嘿,你为什么要穿这个啊?
You might ask,"Hey, why are you wearing that?"
那个人就会回答道,因为我昨天在船上啊
The other replies,"Because I was on a boat yesterday."'
你是我的完美解药吗?
♪ Are you my perfect cure?
让我清醒的完美解药
♪ Perfect cure for the things that keep me awake
我想寻找那样的姑娘,我的心永不变
♪ I look for such a girl, I'll never cause a stir
但你却不是
♪ And you weren't it
哦,看看街上的车水马龙,这些东西是永恒
♪ Oh, watching the traffic, some things don't change
当我厌恶之时,你是我的完美解药...
♪ You're my perfect cure for the times I hate... ♪
这是约拿,他们是约拿的父母
This is Jonah, those are his parents,
这可是那天拍的最棒的照片了
and that was the best picture taken that day.
父母无尽的约束和不切实际的期望不断折磨着他
'Tortured by their constant judgement and unrealistic expectations,
他们的关系...十分复杂
their relationship was... complicated.
甚至有一整年约拿为了解脱自己
Jonah even once saved for an entire year,
他送他的父母去了酒乡旅游,以此来换取他们的认可
sending them on a tour of wine country in an attempt to win their approval,
但一如既往地,事情并没有他想的那么顺利
but as usual, things didn't work out for him,
在他们去最后一个葡萄园的路上,一个迎面而来的车与他们相撞
and on their way to the last vineyard an oncoming motorist collided with them,
他的父母在车祸的火灾中双双去世
and both parents died in a fiery wreck.
在父母的葬礼之后,约拿得知他的父母早已负债累累
After the funeral, Jonah learned his parents were in severe debt,
银行也冻结了他们的房♥子和大部分财产
when the banks repossessed their house and most of their savings.
令人困惑的是,约拿把仅剩的一点钱
Confused, Jonah spent what little money was left
花在了一个叫乔琳的妓♥女♥身上,但他却没有那个
on a prostitute named Jolene, whom he didn't ,
在妓♥女♥最后强上之前,他跟她聊了一整晚的天
but kept awake all night talking, before she eventually robbed him.
- 怎么了? - 你在家吗?
- What up? - Are you home?
呃...没有,我在我父母家收拾垃圾呢,怎么了?
Er... no, just organising shit at my parents' place, why?
- 我一会顺道过去一趟行吗? - 你为什么不发信息偏要打电♥话♥呢?
- Cool if I stop by? - Why are you calling instead of texting?
我这就到了
Just in the area.
好吧,一会见
All right, see you soon.
傻♥逼♥,操♥你♥妈♥的,操,操,操
Stupid, muthafucking, fucking, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!
啊!
Aargh!
这是约拿的朋友,理查德
This is Jonah's best friend, Richard,
他的成长经历与约拿截然相反
and his upbringing was nearly the opposite.
他和他父亲关系很好,而且在一个普遍认为很富裕的家庭中长大
Close with his father and raised in a household many would consider affluent,
显而易见,理查德就是习惯了事情按照规律进行下去的那种人
Richard was, as you can clearly see, used to things going in a certain way.
他的银行存款超过了六位数
His bank account has over six figures in it,
他也乐意为自己最好的两个朋友花钱
which he enjoyed spending lavishly on his two best friends.
但就像他父亲一样,理查德太容易生气了
But, just like his father, Richard is prone to fits of rage,
他有一次甚至气得把笔记本扔到了电视屏幕上...
and one time threw his laptop into his flat screen TV...
至于原因,只不过是他忘记了自己的邮箱密♥码♥
...all because he couldn't remember the password to his own email account.
傻不啦叽的混♥蛋♥!
Stupid motherfucker!
嘿
Hey.
你他吗干啥呢?
What the hell are you doing?
操♥你♥妈♥的... 操...
Fucking... fuck...
理查德!理查德!
Richard! Richard!
理查德!理查德!
Richard! Richard!
住手! 你这是搞什么?
Stop! What are you doing?
而这位是理查德的在一起很久的女友,萨莎
And this is Richard's long-term partner, Sasha.
她是在军营里长大的
She grew up in a military house
她不喜欢理查德给她的富裕奢侈的生活
who disapproved of the lavish lifestyle Richard provided her with,
尤其是那辆被她称为齐格破车的粉红色跑车
especially her hot pink sports car she named Ziggy Cardust.
说到汽车,她曾经还目睹过一起肇事逃逸案
Speaking of cars, she was once a witness in a hit-and-run case,
但她却没能在法庭上作证,只因为理查德和约拿让她
but failed to show in court when Richard and Jonah convinced her
喝的酩酊大醉
to get drunk instead.
但这件事却激励了她报考医护学校并顺利毕业
But the accident did inspire her to attend and graduate from nursing school,
所以她现在
where she now spends her days
在附近的一家养老院做着身心护理类的工作
providing physical and emotional care at a nearby retirement home,
即便是晚上和周末,她也要做着相同的工作,只不过是为了这两个人
and the evenings and weekends pretty much doing the same thing for these two.
- 理查德! - 给我滚开!
- Richard! - Get off!
理查德,住手! 理查德!
Richard, stop! Richard!
住手! 放开他!
Stop it! Get off him!
啊-哦
Uh-oh.
- 你怎么能? - 我怎么能怎样啊?
- Just... how could you? - How could I what?
- 该死的,你怎么能对我撒谎呢? - 住手!
- Don't fucking lie to me! - Stop!
- 我看见那条信息了! - 什么信息?
- I saw the texts! - What texts?
就是那个...那个写着: "哦,真是个错误"
The ones... The ones that said: "Oh, it was such a mistake."
你怎么能把她上了呢? 哥们儿
How could you fuck her, dude?
你也太过分了,你俩给我呆好了
You are way out of line right now! You two just stay here.
我要去车上拿点东西
I'm gonna get something from the car.
这该死的厨房♥!
This kitchen is fucked!
- 这是什么? - 我可没时间把它包起来
- What's this? - I didn't have time to wrap it yet.
- 混♥蛋♥,提前祝你生日快乐吧. - 啊
- Happy early birthday, a-hole. - Huh?
你以为那些消息是说我们上♥床♥了?
You think those texts were from us fucking?
开始还是个玩笑,我们还说服自己给你买♥♥了这么个啥玩意儿
It started off as a joke, we convinced ourselves to buy you this stupid thing.
它是桃花心木的
It's got a mahogany stock.
所以你看的那条信息,那一晚真是个错误
So the texts you read that say, "That night was such a mistake.
哈哈,不过太值了,只要他没发现就行
"Ha-ha, totally worth it, though, I guess as long as he doesn't find out,"
那只是我们在商量给你买♥♥个该死的渔枪
that was just us talking about buying you a damn harpoon.
- 作为生日礼物的事. - 是渔矛枪
- For your birthday. - Speargun.
管它什么呢
Whatever.
所以...你并没有?
So... you didn't?
哦,不
Oh, no.
这就是他们的日常
And with that, just like they always did,
三个人又恢复了以往的关系
our trio returned to their instinctual roles,
理查德只能为他经常性的发怒乞求原谅,当然他说这是最后一次了
Richard begging for forgiveness for his latest and all-too-often fits of rage,
约拿心里退缩了
Jonah retreating inside himself,
他更加相信了整个世界都想要来抓他
reinforcing his beliefs that the world is out to get him,
萨沙呢则继续扮演他女友,母亲和和事老的角色
and Sasha continuing to play her role as girlfriend, mother and referee.
与此同时他则会用更多的奢侈品来道歉
And while he could've said sorry with even more luxury items,
但理查德觉得,今天的事需要一个不一样的道歉
Richard decided today needed to be a special apology,
于是带他们去玩他们最喜欢的活动之一
by taking them out for one of the group's favourite activities.
当我想起你时
♪...and when I think of you
我的眼中将不再包含泪水
♪ There's no will to the thing in my tears
永恒而猛烈
♪ It's timeless and it's strong
我梦见了你,我的天使
♪ I dream about you, my angel
我就这样看了一眼爱情...
♪ And I take a look of love... ♪
帮帮忙吧?
A little help?
拜托
Please.
好吧
OK.
我说,我已经努力道歉了,对吧?
Look, I'm trying, all right?
- 看看我的脸. - 看看他的脸
- Look at my face. - Look at his face.
好吧.嘿,我们来做个交易吧
OK, hey, let's make a deal,
我无条件在你俩面前卑躬屈膝装孙子
I grovel and pamper you guys unconditionally,
在我发疯成人猿之前你俩记好这段时间
and you just try to remember a time before I went ape shit.
- 我想把你揍一顿. - 是的,成交
- I want a free punch. - Yes, deal.
- 揍哪儿啊? - 我喜欢这个,这个计划挺有道理
- Punch where? - I like this, this plan makes sense.
- 不,才没有. - 我需要赔偿
- No, it doesn't. - I want reparations.
- 我们得互不亏欠才行啊. - 完全正确
- Even Steven. - Exactly.
- 不能打蛋啊. - 就打蛋蛋
- Not the balls. - Please, the balls.
- 不能打蛋! - 你别插嘴
- Not the balls! - Stay out of it.
- 你为什么还要鼓励他? - 如果我的鼻子需要手术怎么办?
- Why are you encouraging this? - What if my nose needs surgery?