果尔达,你看。
Golda, look at that.
来吧,果尔达。你不能整晚都呆在这里。
Come on, Golda. You can't stay here all night.
好冷。回家。
It's cold. Come home.
谢谢你,总理女士。
Thank you, Madam Prime Minister.
仅此而已。
That will be all.
谢谢主席先生。
Thank you, Mr. Chairman.
我的直觉告诉我,战争即将来临。
My gut told me that war was coming.
但我忽略了它。
But I ignored it.
那天晚上我应该动员起来。
I should've mobilized that night.
所有那些死去的男孩,
All those boys who died,
我会把这种痛苦带到我的坟墓里。
I will carry the pain of that to my grave.
请不要写下来。
Please, don't write that down.
大家晚上好。
Good evening, everyone.
这是华盛顿的萝拉·斯坦。
This is Laura Stein in Washington.
整整一年前的今天
Exactly one year ago today
标志著前总理果尔达·梅厄首次,
marks the first time former Prime Minister, Golda Meir,
与埃及总统安瓦尔·萨达特面对面。
met Egyptian President Anwar Sadat face to face.
让我们回顾一下这个不朽的时刻
Let's look back at this monumental moment
塑造了以色列和埃及之间的和平条约
that shaped the peace treaty between Israel and Egypt
这将在今天晚些时候签署。
that will be signed later today.
多年前被问到...
When asked many years ago...
...我认为和平什么时候会到来,
...when do I think peace will come,
我说:“日期,我不知道。
I said, "The date, I do not know.
“但我知道它会在什么条件下到来。
"But I know under what conditions it will come.
“会有一位伟大的领导者。
"There will be a great leader.
“他有一天早上会醒来
"He will wake up one morning
“并为自己的人♥民♥感到难过,
"and feel sorry for his own people,
「为了他自己的儿子在战斗中阵亡。
"for his own sons that have fallen in battle.
“那一天将是开始
"That day will be the beginning
“我们和他们之间的和平。”
"of peace between us and them."
主席先生,你呼吁和平,
Mr. President, you call for peace,
我相信你对和平的真诚渴望
and I believe in your sincere desire for peace
因为我希望你相信真诚的愿望
as I hope that you believe in the sincere desire
就我们而言,我们是为了和平。
on our part for peace.
然后让我们继续。
Then let us go on.
让我们至少总结一件事。
Let us at least conclude one thing.
你以如此大的勇气创造的开始
The beginning that you have made with such courage
怀著对和平的希望,让我们决定一件事。
and with such hope for peace, let us decide one thing.
它必须面对面地进行,在我们之间和你们之间。
It must go on face to face, between us and between you.
这样即使是像我这样的老太太也会活著看到这一天。
So that even an old lady like I am will live to see the day.
总统先生,你总是叫我老太太。
You always call me an old lady, Mr. President.
我们将活著看到这一天
We will live to see the day
无论谁在以色列方面签字,
whoever signs on the part of Israel,
我想活著看到那一天。
I want to live to see that day.
而且,主席先生,
And, Mr. President,
作为祖父的祖母...
as a grandmother to a grandfather...
...我可以给你一点礼物
...may I give you a little present
为了新孙女?
for the new granddaughter?
谢谢你送给我的礼物。
And thank you for your present that you have given me.
让我们在♥十♥月♥之后不要发生战争。
Let us have no war after October.
不再有战争,不再流血。
No more war, no more bloodshed.