你眼前所看到的远在2.5亿光年以外
What you are looking at is 250 million light years away.
这意味着要花上2.5亿年
This means that it took 250 million years
那些星星发出的光才会出现在我们眼前
for the light from those stars to reach our eyes.
我们是活在当下
We are thus, at present,
回望着过去
staring into the past.
我父亲在我大学二年级时去世了
My dad died during my sophomore year of college.
之后的五年我妈妈从外表上看来一直都很坚强
For five years, Mom kept a strong front
因为她希望我们继续我们的生活
as she wanted us to move on with our lives.
妈 你有你最喜欢的设计师吗?
Mom, do you have a favorite designer?
没有
No.
你不想当个设计师吗?
Didn't you want to be one?
想啊
Yes.
那你怎么没有最喜欢的设计师呢?
So, how is it that you don't have a favorite?
我想…
Well, I suppose,
那应该是我自己吧
that would be me.
说真的 妈
Seriously, Mom.
宝贝 我不知道
Well, honey, I don't know.
我反正也买♥♥不起 所以我不…
I can't afford them so I don't...
去想那些
bother with that.
那你为什么会当上护士?
Why'd you become a nurse then?
工作稳定
Stability.
收入也是一方面
Income,
你懂的
you know.
帮助人
Helping people.
谁知道呢
Who knows?
也许你可以两样兼顾
Maybe you could do both.
啊 现在说这些太迟了
Ah, I think it's too late for that.
永远不会迟的
It's never too late.
这话也对
That is true
不过我很擅长我所做的
but I'm really good with what I do.
那倒是
Right.
你什么时候用那个手提包呢?
When are you gonna use that handbag?
那是给特别日子用
I'll use that for a special occasion.
比如?
Like what?
Steven的毕业典礼
Like Steven's commencement.
你应该每天都用用的
You should just use it every day.
不必了 太昂贵了
No, it's too expensive.
也太珍贵了
Precious.
妈妈的葬礼之后
After Mom's funeral,
所有的一切急转直下
everything went downhill.
嘿 Larry叔叔
Hey. - Hey, Uncle Larry.
嘿 Steven
Hey, Steven.
我想你们俩都饿了 -啊 谢谢你
I thought you boys would be hungry. - Oh, thank you.
Larry叔叔带来了晚饭
Uncle Larry brought dinner.
他在这儿吗?
Is he here?
在
Yeah.
我不知道
I don't know.
你饿了吗?
Are you hungry?
不饿
No.
那不用多想了
No worries, then.
谢谢
Thanks.
你要成为一名医生 是吗?
Well, you're gonna be a doctor, aren't you?
希望吧
Hope so.
接下去你弟弟也会步你的后尘
Then maybe your brother will follow.
步我的后尘?
Follow?
是啊 完成他的学业
Yeah, and finish his studies.
他已经完成了
He did already.
他有吗?
He did?
是啊 在两年前
Yeah, two years ago.
我以为他搬回家了
I thought that he moved back home.
是回家了 因为他不想我妈就一个人住
He did just because he didn't want Mom to be by herself.
所以他每天都驾两个小时的车到学校吗?
So, he would drive two hours to college every day?
像他那样开 一小时四十五分钟就够了
An hour 45 if you drive like him.
是啊
Yeah.
很抱歉 我都不知道
Sorry, I didn't know.
没关系 他不太喜欢张扬自己的生活
It's alright, he doesn't really advertise his life too much.
你需要吃饭
You need to eat.
我知道你没吃午饭
I know you didn't eat lunch.
晚餐都有什么?
What's for dinner?
意大利面
Pasta.
我会吃的 就放桌子上好了
I'll get to it, just leave it on the table.
好吧
OK.
嗨 Herman在吗?
Hey, is Herman around?
我就是
He is I.
你好 我是Nate的哥哥Steven
Hi, I'm Nate's brother, Steven.
节哀顺变吧
My condolences.
谢谢你
Thank you.
Nate怎么样了?
How's Nate doin'?
不太好
Not too well.
我想他只是还需要些时间
I think he just needs time.
完全理解
Totally understand.
我希望这不会对你的生意带来太多不便
I hope this doesn't inconvenience your business too much.
不 不会的
No, it does not.
Trent自愿接管照顾了他的全部客户
Trent has volunteered to take all of his clients.
噢 那他人太好了
Oh, that's very kind of him.
嗨
Hi.
嗨 你是Trent吗?
Hi, you're Trent?
是的 而你是Steven
Yeah, and you're Steven.
是我
I am.
我想我在葬礼上有见过你
I think I saw you at the funeral.
是的
Yeah,
对于你母亲的过世我真的感到难过
I'm really sorry for your loss.
谢谢你
Thank you.
Nate怎么样了?
How's Nate?
不太好
Not too well.
噢 那太遗憾了
Oh, I'm sorry.
他真的很爱他妈妈
He really loved his mom.
我们全家人都很爱她
She was well-loved by the family.
当然了
Of course, yeah.
嘿 谢谢你Trent -不必 随时为你效劳
Hey, thanks, Trent. - No, any time.
帮我向Nate致哀
Give Nate my regards.
当然
Definitely.
那好 拜 -好 拜拜
OK, bye. - OK, bye.
抱歉
Sorry.
没关系
It's OK.
谢谢你接管Nate的客户
Thanks for taking Nate's clients.
哦 真的没什么
Oh, no problem at all.
Herman说你这么做没有酬劳的?
Herman told me you weren't getting paid for it.
没关系的
It's fine.
只是在Nate的困难时期帮点小忙
A little something for Nate during his tough time.
你人真好 我坚持要付钱给你
That's too kind. I insist you get paid.
我并不想要
No, I don't want it.
况且Nate也知道我不会拿他一分钱的
Besides, Nate knows that I'll never take a cent from him.
当然
Of course.
什么时候去探望一下他好呢?
When's a good time to drop by and see him?
他现在对有人来看望他并不感兴趣
He's not really too keen on visitors right now.
好吧 我…
OK, I...
我就… 给他发个短♥信♥吧
I'll just drop him a text then.
你很体贴人啊
That's very thoughtful.
嘿
Hey.
别走
Don't go.
求你先别回去
Please don't go back yet.
我已经订了航♥班♥
I already booked a flight.
你不能打电♥话♥改时间吗?
Can't you call and change it?
是网上订的票
It's an internet ticket.
我暂时没定死回程时间
I left it open for now.
是的 他们允许我那么做
Yes, they let me do that.
我也想你 宝贝
I miss you too, Babe.
我也爱你
I love you too.
你起来了
You're up.