大卫·斯蒂尔曾是我的父亲
David Steele was my father.
彼得
Peter.
彼得 我很遗憾
I'm so sorry, Peter.
太突然了
So sudden like this.
谢谢您 赫斯特先生
Thank you, Mr. Hearst.
听说是醉酒驾驶出了事故
They said it was a drunk driving accident.
很不幸 确实如此
Unfortunately.
希望肇事的人别再逍遥法外了
I hope they catch the guy.
这些天都不太平了
Just terrible these days.
没有别人逍遥法外
There was no other driver.
就一辆车
It was a one-car accident.
和一棵树
It was a tree.
这样啊
Oh, well.
我该走了
I should probably go.
这是干什么
What's this?
你♥爸♥的骨灰
Your dead father's ashes.
我知道这是什么
I know what it is.
为什么要给我
Why do I have it?
骨灰本来就该给家属
It's normal for the remains to travel with the family
带他找到安息之处
for the final resting place.
帮我拿一下
Can you hold that?
彼得 早上好
Good morning, Peter.
韦斯切斯特那边有打回来吗
Did we get a callback from Westchester?
过得怎么样
How are you?
不记得了吗 我们还是同事
Remember, like we've been working on.
早 斯蒂芬妮
Good morning, Stephanie.
韦斯切斯特那边有打回来吗
Did we get a callback from Westchester?
眼神交流
Eye contact.
我只是想知道你在努力改变
I just wanna know you're trying.
那个电♥话♥太滑稽了
That phone is hilarious.
你今天看起来相当不错啊
You're looking mighty fancy today.
去干啥了
What's the occasion?
我爸的葬礼
My father's funeral.
那我今天还得等韦斯切斯特那边回电♥话♥
So I'm expecting to get a callback from Westchester today.
斯蒂芬妮
Stephanie?
别 斯蒂芬妮
Stephanie, no.
别别别 斯蒂芬妮
No, Stephanie.
别别别别别别别别别
Please, please, please, please, please, please.
你别忘了 你每次哭
Do you remember when you cry,
人事部的保罗就会打我电♥话♥
I get a call from Paul in Human Resources,
然后我就得填一大堆材料
and then I have all that paperwork to fill out.
对不起 我很抱歉
I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
你也知道 我不擅长应付这个
You know, I'm not good at this.
我知道
I know.
没关系
It's okay.
你不想休息一天什么的吗
Don't you wanna take the rest of the day or anything?
不用了 我没事
No, I'm fine.
我只需要离开一会儿去看看他的房♥子
I just need to leave in a few to check his house out
我还不知道要拿它怎么办
and figure out what to do with it.
我的手♥机♥随时都打得通
I will be able to be reached on my cell.
你是说你的房♥子吧
You mean your house.
不 我好几年没住了
No, I haven't lived there for years.
所以呢
So what?
所以你是要去
You're gonna go pack up
打包你所有的儿时回忆
old childhood memories,
然后再看几眼老旧的全家福
and look at old family photos.
韦斯切斯特要是打电♥话♥了通知我一声
Westchester let me know if they call.
您有十二条留言
You have 12 new messages.
此留言留给大卫·斯蒂尔
This is a message for David Steele.
留言已删除
Message deleted.
斯蒂尔先生您好
Mr. Steele, this is Leonard Wolfing
我是县税务办的伦纳德·沃尔芬
at the county assessor's office.
-我们有很重要的 -留言已删除
- We have important. - Message deleted.
留言已删除
Message deleted.
我知道你现在脑子里肯定一团糟
Well, I'm sure you got a lot to think about right now.
很抱歉还这样打扰你
I'm sorry to bother you. There's nothing
但我们也无能为力
we can do about that.
能帮一点是一点吧
I'm afraid not.
事实上 这些都没有按照程序来
As such, none of this is really in order.
但好事是程序一点都不复杂
But the good news is it's all pretty straightforward.
您父亲把事情整理得相当简单
Your father kept things pretty simple.
他有一笔小额净值贷款
He had a small equity line
通常是以房♥屋权做抵押的目标开放性自♥由♥贷款
如果你选择卖♥♥掉房♥子那就很好结算了
which you'll cover easily if you choose to sell the house.
我正好想卖♥♥掉
I'd like to just sell it
越快越好
as soon as possible if I can.
我很理解你可能想回到
I understand that you probable wanna get back to...
抱歉 请问你现居地在哪
I'm sorry where is it you live?
皇后区
Queens.
桑尼塞德
Sunnyside.
倒是挺近的
That close, huh.
我老觉得你住在芝加哥之类的地方
Why did I think it was Chicago or someplace like that?
你最近拜访过你父亲吗
Have you been around recently?
没有
No.
好吧 挺好
Alright, excellent.
正如我说的 你要把房♥子卖♥♥了
Well, as I said, you have a house to sell.
他也有一些小额资产
He had a few small assets,
攒的退休金 以及支票
retirement savings, checking,
但额度都不是很大
but really no other major assets.
他还有小额信♥用♥卡♥债务和汽车贷款
He had a small line of credit card debt and a car loan.
都是各种只有一点儿
But little things here and there.
但是里面最有价值的还是房♥子了
But all and all the market value of the house
在这些费用结清后
you should be able to clear a comfortable sum
可以得到一笔可观的数目
after fees etcetera, so.
他有遗嘱吗
Did he have a will?
-你说什么 -有什么东西
- Excuse me? - Is there something
是需要我签字的吗
I have to sign?
不 应该没有
No, I'm afraid not.
抱歉 这不是我擅长的法律领域
You have to forgive me this is not my area of law.
我也不是以公职的身份来处理这些的
I'm not really doing this in any official capacity.
不过既然你的母亲已过世 又是独生子
Essentially, as the only child with your mother predeceased,
你就是唯一能继承这些资产的了
you're the only person with a claim to the assets.
对了 彼得
Hey, Peter.
你上次见到他是什么时候了
When's the last time you saw him?
他给你钱了吗
Has he paid you?
你干这么些活要多少钱
What is your fee in all of this?
不不不 我只是作为一个朋友帮他做这些
Oh, no, I'm doing this as a friend.
不收费
No charge.
还有什么事我能帮上忙得吗
Is there anything else I can help you with?
如果您在房♥地♥产♥方面认识什么人的话
Actually if you know anyone
可以给他们看看♥房♥♥子
in real estate to show the house.
我可以让我的助理给你一份名单
I'll have my assistant give you a list of agents.
谢谢
Thank you.
他对你的成就很骄傲
He was proud of you Peter.
他经常提到我吗
Did he mention me?
其实有时候语言并不
Well, sometimes words don't...
谢谢你 赫斯特先生
Thank you, Mr. Hearst.
你知道这栋房♥产
You wouldn't happen to know the latest
最新的征税估价吗
tax assessment on the property, would you?
不知道
No.
管道和电力系统也还是原来的吗
And the plumbing and electric are they the original?
我不清楚
I don't know.
他最近有进行什么整修吗
Did he do any measure of work recently?
收到过工作通知单或者许可证什么的吗
Any work orders or permits?
不知道
No idea.
好吧 我明白了
Alright, I see.
根据房♥屋买♥♥卖♥♥历史对比
Well, based on comparables,
价格大概能达到四十多万
you could probably see high fours
或者五十万出头
or maybe just over 500,000.
好消息是最近正是买♥♥♥房♥♥卖♥♥♥房♥♥的旺季
Good news for you is that you're entering a hot season.
春夏的时候好多家庭都等着搬家