on our world economy.
我们已经损失了数十亿美元的消费支出
We're losing billions of dollars in consumer spending already.
伤害了建筑
It's hurting us in construction,
汽车、住房♥和国防
automobile, housing, and defense.
当然 论及政♥治♥
And then of course, when we get to politics,
以色列缩小巴勒斯坦人 - 罗恩
Israelis shrinking Palestinians, -Ron...
非洲独♥裁♥者
African dictators
缩小敌对种族群体 罗恩 听着 罗恩
shrinking rival ethnic groups. -Ron. Look, Ron.
在社会的任何重大变革中
In any major transformation of society,
有严重的阵痛期吗
are there serious growing pains?
当然
Sure.
但以目前的质量和体积
But at current mass and volume,
地球人类生命不可持续
human life on Earth is unsustainable.
那个人说得很好
You know, that one guy makes a good point.
我街区的有户家庭刚搬走 去变小了
This family on my block just moved away to get small,
现在他们的房♥子就留在那里
now their house is just sittin' there.
他们正在做的 是让每个人的价值观跳水
Makin' everybody's values take a dive is what they're doin'.
就在我试图再融♥资♥的时候
Just when I'm tryin' to refinance.
马琳认为我应该这么做 足可减肥
Marlene thinks I should do it just to lose the weight.
你和我都是兄弟
You and me both, buddy.
迪 外卖♥♥订单好了吗
Hey, Dee, is that take-out order about ready?
亲爱的 我带了食物
Hey, honey, I brought food.
我不饿
I'm not hungry.
怎么了
What's wrong?
我头疼得厉害
I have a splitting headache.
店里超级繁忙
The store was super busy and
卡拉是个十足的婊♥子♥
Carla was a total bitch on wheels.
我觉得我要吐了
I feel like I'm gonna throw up.
等等 我来颈部按♥摩♥
Here, wait, let me do the neck thing.
小脖子按♥摩♥按♥摩♥
Yeah, do the little neck thing.
别紧张 亲爱的
Just relax, honey.
我来减轻所有的负担
Let me take all the weight.
OK 这里是漂亮的正式客厅
Okay, here's the beautiful formal living room
附带美妙的壁炉
with the wonderful fireplace.
这里 我们有
And come around here, we have
不错的宽大厨房♥早餐区
a nice big breakfast area for the kitchen.
大吃的地方
Big eating area.
这个厨房♥简直是十足的赞
And this kitchen is just a complete wow.
太棒了 只是
No, it's awesome. Just...
也许我们应该再看看本森的那个地方
maybe we should look again at that place in Benson.
来吧 先看完再说
Come on, let's just check out the rest.
这里很棒
This is great in here,
双烤箱 六灶燃气灶
double oven, six burner gas stove.
很棒的配膳室
It's got this wonderful butler's pantry over here.
肖恩 - 保罗 你好吗
Oh, hey, Sean. -Oh, hey, Paul, how you doin'?
好啊
Good.
我看起来胖吗
Do I look fat?
不 你看起来很帅
No, you look very handsome.
麻醉学么
Anesthesiology, huh?
我妻子说 即使不用药品 我也能让人入睡 所以
My wife says I put people to sleep even without the drugs, so.
很惊讶你还醒着
Surprised you're still awake.
他每周都要说两次这个笑话
He uses that joke like twice a week.
你的领域是什么 保罗
What's your field, Paul?
职业治疗
Uh, occupational therapy.
好的
Okay.
像是职业咨♥询♥吗
Oh, like-like career counseling?
不 像理疗
Uh, no, it's just like physical therapy
但主要关注 工伤和康复
but focused on workplace injuries and rehab,
重复型创伤 下背部 诸如此类的
repetitive stress, lower back, that sort of thing.
很多肩膀问题
A lot of shoulder problems.
我在奥马哈牛排厂干内务
I-I'm in-house over at Omaha Steaks.
他做了很多文书工作 - 嗯
He does a lot of paperwork. -Yeah, well...
我有腕管综合症 不时的
I get a little carpal tunnel of my own from time to time.
那么
Tell me about it.
今日的医学早可覆盖你的病症
Medicine these days is all about covering your ass.
但你之前 不是在林肯市的医学预科吗
But weren't you pre-med down in Lincoln?
记性不错啊 我申请了两年了
Good memory, yeah. I put in two years
我妈妈病得很重
uh, then my mom got real sick
所以我搬回奥马哈去照顾她
so I moved back to Omaha to take care of her.
事实上我想当外科医生
I wanted to be a surgeon, actually.
也许我们会一起工作
You know, we might've ended up working together.
你也许是我的麻醉师
I...you could've been my anesthesiologist.
怎么样 挺好
How 'bout that? -Yeah.
幸福之门
进入黑暗 寻找光明
天那 不会吧
Oh, my God! No way.
戴夫
Dave?
是戴夫·约翰逊
It's Dave, Dave Johnson.
还有卡罗尔
And Carol!
我能帮忙吗
Can I have a hand?
我听说他要来了
I-I heard he was coming.
这样我倒不知道
I had no idea.
我从来没想过他会去变小
He never struck me as the kind of guy who'd go get small.
大家 嗨
Hey, everybody! -Hi!
嗨
Hey. -Hi.
希望我们没有打扰你们
Hope we're not intruding.
没有 戴夫
No. -No, Dave.
安迪
Hey, Andy?
你能给卡罗尔
Could you get Carol a, uh...
一杯杜松子酒 加奎宁水
Uh, gin and tonic.
杜松子酒 加奎宁水
A gin and tonic.
加酸橙
With lime.
加酸橙
With lime.
其实我们一开始没有此打算
Well, actually, we weren't planning on coming at all at first.
然后 我们收到各种电邮
But then, you know, we started getting all the e-mails.
再加上 我妹妹切除了肿块
Plus my sister was having a lump removed.
我是说 她很好 感谢上帝
I mean, she's-she's fine, thank God.
但我还是要见她
But I still needed to see her.
旅行怎么样
So, what's traveling like?
你们是怎么从新墨西哥来的
How'd you guys get up here from New Mexico?
天啊 太棒了
Oh, gosh, it's great.
航♥空♥公♥司♥越来越对小人友好了
Yeah, the airlines are getting more and more small-friendly.
所有的座位都是头等舱
All the seats are first-class...
在佛罗里达待了几年之后 我们搬到了维加斯
So after a couple of years in Florida, we moved out to Vegas.
然后
And that...
我记得那是我们最后一次谈话
Yeah, I think that's the last time we talked.
维加斯并非
Yeah. Well, Vegas wasn't
我的最佳选择 因为事实证明
such a good choice for me, as it turns out.
养成了真正的坏习惯
Got into some real bad habits.
几乎是人生最低点
Pretty much hit rock bottom.
告诉你 其他女人会逃脱责任
Tell ya, any other woman would've run for the hills.
但卡罗尔 伙计 她是个圣人
Carol, man, she's a saint.
她无法摆脱我
She stuck with me.
但我真的要清理一切
But I really had to come clean about everything.
我是说一切
I-I mean everything.
绝大部分
You know...almost.
所以 决定...
So, the decision to...
问题来了
Well, that's the thing.
我们都需要改变
We both needed the change.
点击复位按钮 从头开始
Hit the reset button. Start all over.
而且 这种感觉真的很好
Well, and plus, it must feel good to know
因为你与众不同了
you're really making a difference.
你是指 那些拯救地球的废话吗
You mean all that crap about saving the planet?
是的
Yeah.
缩小是为了拯救自己
Downsizing is about saving yourself.
卸除所有的压力
I-It takes the pressure right off.
尤其是钱的压力
Especially money pressure.
我只是不像其他人那样有野心
I'm just not driven and ambitious like the rest of my family.
现在 卡罗尔和我 我们像国王一样生活
And now, Carol and I, we live like kings.
我还住在我长大的房♥子里
I'm still living in the same house I grew up in.
奥黛丽死都要我们搬家
I mean, Audrey's dying for us to move
但我们真的资金很紧张
电影精选列表