I haven't heard from my daughter.
很久没收到女儿的来信了
Still living with a woman?
她还和那女人一起住?
Yes still a lesbian.
嗯 仍是那女同性恋
Still on the farm.
仍住在农场
She thinks it's safe there.
她觉得那儿安全
Nowhere's safe.
哪里都不安全
Too many people with nothing to do but cause trouble.
有些人无所事事 只会到处找麻烦
How's work?
工作怎么样了
They look through me when I speak
我说话的时候他们连看都没看我
Forget my name.
还不记得我名字
There's no respect anymore.
太不尊重人了
Have you missed me?
你想我了吗?
I miss you all the time.
我一直都很挂念你
I'm curious.
我很好奇
How do you manage this life?
这样的日子你这么过的下去
Is there a husband?
你有老公吗
You better go now.
你最好现在离开
I forgot to tell you my mother's ill.
忘了告诉你 我妈妈病了
I have to take care of her so I won't be here next week.
我得照顾她 所以下周我来不了
Will I see you the thursday after?
你下下个周四还会过来吗?
I'm not sure.
不一定
Why don't you ring the agency?
你为什么不打给中介
Give me your number. I'll ring you direct.
把你的号♥码给我 我直接打给你
No. Ring the agency.
不 还是打给中介吧
"That had usurped upon a living thought
一个人的思想已经被僭取得
That never more could be."
一干二净
Why did Wordsworth use
为什么沃兹沃斯用了
The unusual verb form
不常用的动词
'Usurp upon'?
僭取
Because 'usurp upon'
因为僭取的
Means to intrude or encroach upon.
意思是侵犯或掠夺
"The clouds cleared the peak was unveiled
云开峰现
And we grieved to see it."
见者伤怀
Why 'grieve'?
为什么伤怀
My lunch is wet. Wait.
我的午餐都弄湿了 等等
Are you alright?
你没事吧
I'm fine.
没事
Melanie isn't it?
你叫梅兰妮吗
My favourite season and time of day.
这是我最喜欢的季节 最喜欢的时间
Do you live around here?
你住在附近吗
Across the line. I share a flat.
在那边 和别人一起住在公♥寓♥
I live nearby.
我住在附近
May I invite you for a drink?
请你喝一杯如何?
But I have to be back by 7:30.
但我七点半就得回去了
What is the reason for taking a course in romantic poetry?
为什么选修浪漫主义诗歌♥这门课?
It's mainly for the atmosphere.
主要是我喜欢那样的气氛
Are you enjoying the course?
你喜欢这门课吗
I'm not that crazy about Wordsworth.
我对沃兹沃斯并不着迷
Wordsworth has been one of my masters.
沃兹沃斯曾经是我的蒙师之一
Maybe he'll grow on me.
也许以后我会对他产生兴趣
Maybe.
也许吧
But in my experience poetry speaks to you
但依我的经验 人们对诗歌♥
At first sight or not at all.
要么一见钟情 要么今生无缘
Like falling in love.
就像恋爱一样
What are your career plans?
有什么职业规划吗?
Stagecraft and design. I'm doing a diploma in theatre.
编剧和设计 我在学戏剧
I see. Yeah.
我知道了
You've got a lot of books on Byron.
你有很多拜伦的书
Didn't he die young?
他是英年早逝吗?
They all die young
他们要么英年早逝
Or dry up or go mad.
要么江郎才尽 甚至于 精神错乱
I must go.
我得走了
Stay longer.
再留一会吧
Why?
为什么
Because you ought to.
因为你应该这样
Why ought i? why?
为什么应该 为什么
Because a woman's beauty does not belong to her alone
因为一位女性的美并不仅属于她个人
It's part of the bounty she brings into the world.
而是她带给世人的恩惠
She has a duty to share it.
她有责任分享她的美丽
What if I already share it?
如果我已经分享过了呢
Then you should share it more widely.
那你就应该再多分享些
I must leave.
我必须得走了
Shall I walk you home?
我送你回家好吗
No.
不用了
Very well. Goodbye.
好吧 再见
Hello?
你好
May I speak to Melanie please?
请找梅兰妮
Just a minute.
稍等
Is something the matter?
有什么心事吗
Are you worried about the two of us?
是在为我们的事担心吗
Maybe.
也许吧
No need.
不必担心
I won't let it go too far.
我不会让事情泄露出去
I'll give you a ride home.
我开车送你回家吧
I missed you yesterday in class.
你昨天没来上课
Are you alright?
你还好吗
Did you get my carnations?
收到我的康乃馨了吗
Is there something wrong?
怎么了
Please tell me.
告诉我吧
Thanks.
谢谢
Aren't you going to invite me in?
不邀请我进去吗
I think my flatmate is home.
我室友在家
What about this evening?
今晚有时间吗
I've got rehearsals.
今晚我得排练
Then when do I see you again?
那我们何时才能再见
Thanks.
谢谢
Could you do my hair like Oprah's?
你能把我的发型剪成奥普拉那样吗
Ooh! We don't want much now do we dearie?
小宝贝 这样已经很好了
Well I'll go and make some magic chemicals
我去弄些神奇的药水
But meanwhile can I get you ladies some coffee?
同时请两位女士喝杯咖啡如何
I'll have mine white please.
我要一杯加奶咖啡
I'll have mine black please.
我要一杯纯咖啡
Well that's easy to remember!
可真好记
I've come for the job you've advertised.
我来应聘广♥告♥上的工作
So? What are you waiting for?
那你还等什么呢
There's the broom. Make yourself useful!
那有把扫帚 给自己找点事做
No! No! Everything has to happen much quicker!
不 不 节奏要快一点
A La Marx brothers!
表现出喜剧效果
Ryan is this gadget going to work?
瑞恩 这玩意儿有用吗
I want a loud bang and sparks.
我需要一次带火花的巨响
Are the others going to work? There's only one lamp blinking.
其他设备能用吗 只有一盏灯在闪
Melanie don't pre-empt.
梅兰妮 不要抢先
I want to see shock in your body language.
我要从你的肢体动作看出你触电了
You're coming across like a limp fish.
你像一只瘸脚的鱼一样走过来
Not now my cousin will be back!
现在不行 我的堂兄快回来了
So you're the professor huh?
你是那个教授吧
Melanie's told me about you.
梅兰妮跟我提起过你
Indeed. what has she told you?
她和你说什么了
That you fuck her. That's enough.
你跟她上♥床♥ 够了
What do you want?
你想怎么样
Don't tell me that's enough!
别跟我说够了
You can't do what you want when it suits you!
你不能为所欲为
It's time for you to leave.
你该走了
Goodbye professor chips.
再见 混♥蛋♥教授
Just you wait and see.
走着瞧
As we saw last week
上周我们讲到
Notoriety and scandal affected not only Byron's life
诽谤和丑闻不仅影响到拜伦的生活
But also the way his poems were received by the public.
更影响了大众对其作品的看法
"At times resign his own for others' good
有时做出舍己为人的行为
"But not in pity"
并非出于怜悯