[叹息]
[sighs]
嗯。
Hmm.
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
那天晚上,在他们各自的房♥间里,
[narrator] Later that night, alone in their respective rooms,
玛丽和本发现他们正在做我们很多人都倾向于做的事情
Mary and Ben found themselves doing what many of us tend to do
当我们感到孤独的时候。
when we're feeling forlorn.
他们在思考过去发生的事情。
They were contemplating the events of the past...
珍贵的高♥潮♥,毁灭性的低谷,
the precious highs, the devastating lows,
他们做过或没做过的选择,
and the choices they had made or failed to make in between,
所有这一切加起来,就把他们引向了这里……
all of which, when added up, had led them right here...
直到这一刻。
to this very moment.
他们感到被一种怀疑所困扰
They felt haunted by a suspicion
那段历史不知何故在重演。
that history was somehow repeating itself.
[抽泣]
[sniffles]
所以每个人都以自己的方式,
And so each in their own way,
他们决定不顾一切
they resolved to throw caution to the wind
这次做点完全不同的事。
and do something quite different this time around.
♪♪
♪♪
[喘息]
[gasps]
嘘,嘘!嘿,嘿,嘿。
Shh, shh! Hey, hey, hey.
嘘,嘘!你在这里做什么?
Shh, shh! What are you doing here?
[都喘着粗气]
[both breathing heavily]
你为什么总要走?
Why are you always leaving, huh?
什么?
What?
我不知道。我…我不能再呆在这里了。
I don't know. I... I can't be here anymore.
玛丽,我们已经到了要么顺从要么死亡的年纪了。
Mary, we're at the age where it's pretty much time to conform or die.
我们从小就觉得自己会很特别
We grew up thinking we're gonna be something special
用我们的生命做点英雄的事,
and do something heroic with our lives, you know,
他们让我们在幻想中生活了20多年。
and they let us live in that fantasy for 20-something years.
然后呢?
And then what?
我们应该投降,成长,在心碎中生活
We're just supposed to surrender and grow up, live with the heartbreak
我们的生活从未像我们想象的那样美好。
that our lives were never meant to be as great as we thought they'd be.
老实说,我宁愿去死。
Honestly, I'd rather die.
如果还有别的办法呢?
What if there's another way?
如果伟大对我来说…
What if greatness for me...
爱你吗?
is loving you?
完美地爱着你,去他妈的其他人。
Loving you perfectly, and fuck the rest.
我可以接受,你知道的。
I can live with that, you know.
我很确定这种爱永远不会死。
I'm pretty sure that kind of love never dies.
♪♪
♪♪
[敲门][威廉]玛丽。
[knocking on door] [William] Mary.
他妈的。
Fuck it.
他妈的。
Fuck it.
[笑][继续敲门]
[laughing] [knocking continues]
你想离开这里吗?
You wanna get out of here?
[威廉]玛丽!
[William] Mary!
我们得谈谈。
We need to talk.
[聊天]
[chattering]
[背景音乐是the Limboos的“Till the End of Time”]
Till the End of Time" by The Limboos playing in background]
为了不显得奇怪,我有个主意。
I have an idea, in the interest of this not being weird.
我们重新开始吧。就当我们是陌生人
Let's just start over. You know, pretend we're complete strangers
这是我们第一次见面。
and it's the first time we've ever met.
比如相亲?是的,没错。
Like a blind date? Yeah, exactly.
好吧,。
Okay, then.
嗨,我是玛丽。
So hi, I'm Mary.
你真的很想见我。[笑]
Oh, you're really excited to meet me. [laughing]
[用不同的声调]你好。嗨。嗨,我是玛丽。
[in different tones] Hi. Hi. Hi, I'm Mary.
嗯,好的,很好。玛丽,你好,我是本。
Yeah, okay, great. Mary, hi, I'm Ben.
嗨。很高兴认识你。
Hi. Pleasure to meet you.
快♥感♥都是我的。
Pleasure's all mine.
现在怎么办呢?
Now what?
你知道肯·凯西是谁吗?当然可以。
Do you know who Ken Kesey is? Of course.
他总是说要拍这部电影,
You know, he had this thing where he always talked about making this movie,
就像他在拍这部电影一样。
like he was living his life making this movie.
我一直很喜欢这样。我一直认为我的生活是那样的。
I always liked that. I always thought of my life that way.
我现在在你的电影里了吗?
So am I in your movie now?
你一直出现在我的电影里。
You've always been in my movie.
你最好小心点。
You better watch out.
我学的是表演,所以我要成为你电影的明星。
I studied acting, so I'm gonna be the star of your movie.
嗯。但我真的,真的不擅长哭。
Hmm. But I'm really, really bad at crying.
有一整堂课都在讲如何在命令下哭泣
There was, like, a whole class on how to cry on command
但我永远也做不到从来没有。[笑]
and I could never do it. Never. [chuckles]
好吧。我们需要一些背景故事。
All right. Well, we're gonna need some backstory.
我能问你一个私人问题吗?确定。
Um, may I ask you a personal question? Sure.
昨晚和你在一起的那个人是谁?
Who was the guy you were with last night?
我没有和男人在一起。他为我爸爸工作。
I wasn't with a guy. He works for my dad.
[叹息]当我在巴黎的时候,
[sighs] When I was in Paris,
我爸爸派他来监视我,我本不该知道的。
my dad sent him to keep an eye on me and I wasn't supposed to know.
然后有一天早上,我在café吃早餐
And then one morning, I was having breakfast in a café
他就坐在我对面说…
and he just sat down across from me and said...
早上好,玛丽。
Good morning, Mary.
在与你面谈之前,我已经权衡了我的选择。
I've weighed out my options before sitting down with you.
他们共有三个人。
They were three in number.
第一,保持现状,保持距离。
One, maintain the status quo and keep my distance.
第二,假装是陌生人,从那开始。
Two, pretend to be a stranger and take it from there.
第三,赶紧出来,希望一切都好。
Three, just come right out and hope for the best.
也就是说,我再也不能保持距离了。
And that being said, I simply can no longer keep my distance.
诚实通常是最好的策略,
And honesty is usually the best policy,
所以我决定选择第三种
so I've decided to go with option three.
这是迷人的。
That's fascinating.
但最重要的是,我想知道你是谁,你想从我这里得到什么,
Mostly, though, I'm wondering who you are, what you want from me,
为什么我不能拿这把刀插♥进♥你的眼睛?
and why I shouldn't take this knife and put it in your fucking eye?
我叫Terrence Uberahl。
My name is Terrence Uberahl.
我为你父亲工作
And I work for your father,
威廉先生Rathcart。
Mr. William Rathcart.
可以这么说,他让我作为一个隐形特工驻扎在这里。
He has stationed me here as an invisible agent, so to speak.
更确切地说,我的任务是监视你
I've been charged more precisely with keeping an eye on you
如果你惹了不必要的麻烦,我也会挺身而出。
and stepping in if you were to invite undue trouble.
为什么我一点都不惊讶?
Why doesn't that surprise me?
你知道,这不是更…
You know, wouldn't it be so much more...
如果我向你坦白并向你透露我的身份会有什么好处?
profitable if I were to come clean and reveal myself to you?
我是说,毕竟,躲在幕后
I mean, after all, lurking in the background
与被包括在内相比显得苍白。
pales in comparison to being included.
包括?
Included?
我的意思是,
Well, what I mean is,
你知道,我可以完成我的任务
you know, I could complete my mission
把你进进出出的详细情况告诉你父亲,不然……
and report all the details of your comings and goings to your father or...
你和我可能会成为同伙
you and I could become in cahoots.
而他能听到的也不过是些无聊的废话。
And all he'd have to hear is a bare and unexciting minimum.
你知道吗,我唯一想要的回报就是你能陪伴我,
And you know, all I'd ask in return is for you to grace me with your company,
当然,只有在你有时间的时候。
only when you have time, of course.
[笑]
[laughs]
所以你是个双面间谍,是吗?
So you're a double agent, are you?
小姐,我只是一个代理人。
Mademoiselle, I am merely an agent.
我不知道是什么。
Of what, I have no idea.
[笑]
[laughing]
从那以后我就一直甩不掉他。
I haven't been able to shake him since.
这有点像给流浪狗残羹剩饭。
It was kind of like giving scraps to a stray.
他昨晚用戒指向我求婚了。
He proposed to me last night with a ring.
他真的出去买♥♥了枚戒指,
Like, he actually went out and he bought a ring,
也就是说他觉得我可能会同意
which means he thought that I actually might say yes,
也就是说他不像我想的那么不正常
which means he's not just a little off-kilter like I thought.
他其实……他是疯了。我爸想让我答应。
He's actually... He's insane. And my dad wants me to say yes.
但我一直都知道他是个疯子。
But I always knew that he was fucking nuts.
所以,我来了。
So, here I am.
嘿,你流血了。
Hey, you're bleeding.
哦。在这里。
Oh. Here.
哦。不,不,不,没事。让我看看。
Oh. No, no, no, it's fine. Let me see.
♪♪
♪♪
[脆皮的声音]
[crackling noises]
电影精选列表