我不想没你的陪伴
I don't want to go without you.
我也不想,但你妈妈宁愿你是一个人去
I don't want you to. But your mother
would rather have you alone.
她的宝贝女儿能回去几天
You know, getting her precious
daughter back for a few days.
别傻了。她可没觉得少了个女儿,而是多了个儿子
Don't be an idiot. She doesn't feel she's
lost a daughter. She's gained a son.
你真是会说话
What gift for a phrase you have!
考虑下吧
Think it over, anyhow.
- 喂 - 喂,皮特
- Hello? - 'Hello, Peter.'
你好,亲爱的,一路顺风吧?
Hello, darling. Have a good journey?
- 是的,真希望你能来 - 我也是,但无能为力
- 'Yes. I wish you could've come.'
- So do I. Still, it can't be helped.
- 想我吗? - 当然想
- 'Do you miss me?' - Of course I do.
- 想我吗? - 想,上♥床♥了吗?
- Do you miss me? - 'Yes. Gone to bed yet?'
没有,我还要再工作半小时先
No, I'm going to do another
half an hour's work first.
- 那晚安,亲爱的 - 晚安,星期一见
- 'Well, good night, darling.'
- Good night, darling. See you Monday.
- 代我向岳母问好 - 好的,晚安,亲爱的
- Give my love to your mother.
- 'Yes. Goodnight, darling.'
晚安,亲爱的
Goodnight, darling.
- 长途号♥码多少? - 富拉克斯曼6061号♥
- 'Toll number, please?'
- Flaxman 6061.
给我接奇切斯特2352号♥,谢谢
Get me Chichester 2352.
Thank you.
- 怎么了,亲爱的? - 没什么
- What is it, dear? - Nothing.
我想和卢瑟福先生说话
I want to speak to Mr Rutherford.
你能去图书馆然后原路返回吗?
Would you go to the library,
and walk back this way?
好的,亲爱的
Very well, dear.
- 早上好,卢瑟福先生 - 早上好,威尔士小姐
- Morning, Mr Rutherford.
- Good morning, Miss Walsh...
抱歉,应该是科特兰夫人了
I beg your pardon, Mrs Cortland.
你记得我3个月前买♥♥的齐本德尔式镜子吗?
Do you remember that Chippendale
mirror I bought here 3 months ago?
记得,希望你的丈夫满意
Indeed I do. I hope your
husband was satisfied with it.
很满意,告诉我...
Yes, very. Tell me...
- 那张床,四柱的... - 很奇怪你提到它
- That bed, the four-poster...
- How odd you should mention it.
巧的是,它是跟卖♥♥给你的镜子一块买♥♥的
It so happens, I bought it at the
same sale that I got your mirror.
这俩东西有个奇怪的故事
There's a curious history
attaching to them both.
- 奇怪的? - 应该是说悲惨的
- Curious?
- Well, tragic, perhaps I should say.
我猜你不是个迷信的人吧?
I trust, by the way,
you're not superstitious.
不,我不是
No... No, I don't think so.
请坐
Won't you sit down?
有些人对这类事情看法还停留在中世纪
Some people retain a medieval attitude
of mind with regard to these matters.
卢瑟福先生,请跟我讲讲这故事,我很有兴趣
Please, Mr Rutherford, tell me
the story, I'm very interested.
当然可以
By all means.
那面镜子和这张床同属一套房♥子
The bed and the mirror form part of
the contents of the private apartments
是弗朗西斯·埃瑟林顿先生的
他1836年死于马斯登·莱西
of a Mr Francis Etherington,
who died at Marsden Lacy in 1836.
那房♥子一直空着没人打开过,直到拍卖♥♥的时候
The apartments had remained unused
and locked from that time till the sale.
这是他的肖像画
That is his portrait, by the way.
他是个有控制欲的人
He was a man of dominating character.
傲慢、鲁莽、英俊,脾气暴躁
Arrogant, reckless, handsome
and of a violent temper.
他取了一位漂亮的女继承人,派瑞小姐
He married a very beautiful heiress,
a Miss Perry.
他们定居在马斯登·莱西,他们曾在那里逍遥过
The couple retired to Marsden Lacy
where they lived contentedly for a time.
突然,灾难来临
Then suddenly, disaster overtook them.
埃瑟林顿有天出去打猎
Out hunting one day,
被马掀下来然后踏过
Etherington was thrown by his horse,
which then rolled on him.
脊柱受伤
His spine was injured.
这辈子只能与床为伴
He was never again able to do more than
drag himself a few paces from this bed.
- 真可怕 - 是的
- How dreadful. - Yes...
不幸的是,这种束缚
Unfortunately, the effects of such constraint
对一个精力旺盛的人来说,是精神无法承受的
on a man of his enormous energy
were more than his mind could endure.
他变得郁郁寡欢,还怀疑起了他妻子
He became morose, embittered,
suspicious, above all, of his wife.
他毫无理由地指责可怜的妻子不忠
Quite without reason, he began accusing
the poor lady of betraying him.
跟他的朋友
With his friends,
陌生人
with strangers,
仆人有染
with his servants.
要不是她深爱着他,她早弃他而去了
Had she not been so devoted to him,
she certainly would've left him,
实际上,她要这样做了反而好些
and indeed it would've been
better for her had she done so.
一天,他醋意大发
For one day, in an excess of jealous rage,
他勒死了她,然后坐在那镜子前
he strangled her, and then sat
down in front of the mirror...
就是你那面镜子
your mirror...
割喉而死
and cut his throat.
好恐怖的故事
What a horrible story.
镜子一直再没被用过,直到皮特...
Then the mirror hasn't been
used again until Peter...
直到我买♥♥给我丈夫
until I bought it for my husband.
正是
Precisely.
皮特
Peter?
皮特
Peter?
皮特,亲爱的。你在这里
Peter, darling?
Oh, there you are!
你的周末计划出岔子了?
Something gone wrong
with your plans for a weekend?
- 亲爱的,什么意思? - 你知道我什么意思
- Darling, what do you mean?
- You know what I mean.
我压根不知道你在说什么
I haven't the faintest idea
what you're talking about.
你当然不知道
Of course you haven't.
你没想到我有所怀疑
You didn't think I suspected anything,
你就盼着弃我而去
when you were so eager
to go away without me.
我不是傻子,知道你玩什么把戏
Well, I'm not a fool.
I knew what your game was.
亲爱的,别说了,坐下,听我说
Darling, stop, please.
Sit down and listen to me.
我才不坐下!
I will not sit down!
我知道你想把我锁在这椅子上、这屋子里
I know you'd like to have me chained
to this chair and chained to this room.
我受不了,我一有力气就会走
But I won't stand it, not while
I've strength to move at all.
亲爱的,坐下听我说,你状态不好
Darling, sit down and listen
to me. You're not well.
对你和你姘头来说,幸好我状态不好
And a good thing for you and
your precious lover that I'm not.
如果我能离开这间屋,会把他撕成碎片
If I could move out of this room
and break him in pieces...
皮特,是因为镜子。我知道镜子问题在哪儿了
Peter, it's the mirror. I've found
out what's wrong with the mirror.
镜子没有问题,我经常照
There's nothing wrong with the mirror.
I look in it often.
我坐在这里望着四壁
I sit here and look
at these four walls.
然后换换口味,望望镜子里的四壁
Then for a change,
I look at them in the mirror.
你在胡言乱语
You don't know what you're saying!
这不是马斯登·莱西。你也不是埃瑟林顿
This isn't Marsden Lacy.
Your name isn't Etherington.
你是皮特·科特兰,我是你妻子
It's Cortland, Peter Cortland,
and I'm your wife!
你当然是我妻子,但有时你故意忘了这身份
Exactly, you're my wife, but you
sometimes choose to forget it.
怎么了?你为什么回来?
Well? What's the matter?
Why have you come back?
我猜猜
No, let me guess.
你和盖伊在周末快活,但他被叫走了
You were enjoying a pleasant weekend
with Guy, but he was called away.
你只能回到我身边
So you had to come back to me.
皮特,我都没见过盖伊
Peter, I haven't even seen Guy.
你知道我们都把他当玩笑讲的
Anyhow, you know we've always
treated him as a joke.
我知道我们假装开玩笑,但我一直门儿清
Yes, I know we've always pretended to, but
I knew what was going on all the time.
我是清白的,你和我一样清楚
Nothing's been going on,
you know that as well as I do!
电影精选列表