but I could've sworn I saw it.
应该是视错觉
Some sort of optical illusion, I suppose.
都是镜子作祟
All done with mirrors, in fact.
接下来几星期我们都忙着找房♥子
'The next few weeks,
we were pretty busy house-hunting.
最后在切尔西找到一所很好的房♥子
'In the end, we found
quite a pleasant house in Chelsea.
当然,我为筹备婚礼忙得一团糟
'And of course, I had all the usual
chaos getting ready for the wedding.
我注意到皮特心事重重,暴躁易怒
'I noticed that Peter seemed preoccupied
and a bit jumpy and irritable.
但我以为只是婚前焦虑症
'But I thought it was just
eve-of-wedding nerves.
总之,我忙得很,没空考虑太多
'Anyhow, I was so busy, I didn't
have time to think much about it.'
忙了一天
Phew, what a day!
海伦得了麻疹,我得另找个伴娘了
Helen's got measles, so I'll have
to find another bridesmaid somewhere.
蛋糕没问题,我收到更多回信
The cake's under control,
and I've had a lot more answers.
劳顿一家不能成行,谢天谢地
The Laughtons can't come,
thank heaven.
我们收到些很可怕的礼物
We've got some perfectly
frightful presents.
我们可以把那个空房♥间改装成恐怖屋了
I really think we'll have to turn that
spare room into a chamber of horrors.
这倒提醒了我,铺地毯的人什么时候来?
Which reminds me, when are
the men coming to lay the carpet?
不知道,我忘记打电♥话♥了
I don't know. I forgot to ring up.
我忙得都快成扁平足了
Oh, I'm getting fallen arches
chasing around getting things done
你连打个电♥话♥都记不住
and you can't even remember
a simple telephone call.
看在上帝份上,别唠唠叨叨!
For heaven's sake, don't nag!
抱歉,我不是那意思
Sorry, I didn't mean to say that.
皮特,怎么了? 你这些天都很暴躁
Peter, what's the matter with you?
You've been edgy for days.
是的,我知道。我睡得不好
Yes, I know.I haven't been sleeping too well.
真的很抱歉,亲爱的
I really am sorry, darling.
没事儿,算了吧
Oh, it doesn't matter. Forget it.
亲爱的,我太了解你了。你有事儿瞒着我
Listen, darling, I know you fairly well.
You're keeping something from me.
什么事
What is it?
如果你真想知道,是因为镜子
Well, if you must know, it's that mirror.
你记得那天晚上我跟你说的吗?
You remember me telling you that first evening?
现在更糟糕了
Well, it's got worse. Much worse.
我每次照镜子,都看到那间屋子
Every time I look in it now, I see that room.
让我很沮丧,我真的不想说这个
It's getting me down.
I'd really rather not talk about it.
说出来会好受的,闷在心里可不好
You'll feel much better if you do.
It's no good bottling things up.
起先,如果我竭尽全力
at first, if I made
an enormous effort of will,
镜像会变回正常的样子
the reflection used to change
back to what it ought to be.
但后来,不管我如何使劲,都变不回了
But lately, however hard I try,
it doesn't change anymore.
我只能是尽量不照镜子
The only thing to do is to
try not to look in it at all.
但它蛊惑我
But in a queer sort of
way it fascinates me.
我觉得镜子里的那间屋子
I feel as if that room, the one in the mirror,
想要得到我
were trying to... to claim me,
把我吞噬进去
to draw me into it.
它快成了真的房♥间,我自己房♥间倒成了假的
It almost becomes the real room
and my own bedroom imaginary.
我知道镜子另一边有东西等着我
And I know there's something waiting
for me on the other side of the mirror.
邪恶的东西
Something evil.
十足邪恶的东西
Monstrously evil.
如果我越过雷池,可怕的事情会发生
And if I cross that dividing line,
something awful will happen.
那我们把这邪恶的东西扔掉
Well, let's get rid of the beastly thing.
你不用因为是我送的就留着
You don't have to keep it just
because I've given it to you.
我退回去换一个
I can take it back and they'll change it.
问题不在镜子里,而在我脑子里,肯定是
The trouble's not in the mirror,
it's in my mind. It must be.
镜子就是木头和玻璃做成的
A mirror's just wood and glass.
皮特,我不知道怎么说
Peter, I don't know what to say.
也许你过劳了,不如去看医生
Perhaps you're overworked.
Why don't you see a doctor?
我看过,他检查不出毛病
I have. He couldn't find
anything wrong with me.
- 我得见心理医生 - 胡说,你和我一样正常
- I'll have to see a mental specialist.
- Oh, nonsense! You're as sane as I am.
我明显不是
Obviously, I can't be!
听着,我一直欲言又止
Listen... I've been putting off saying this.
但我们该推迟婚礼
But I think we ought to postpone the wedding.
- 这也太过激了 - 我不知道,万一我疯了呢?
- That's a bit drastic, isn't it?
- I don't know. Suppose I am going mad?
对你可不是好玩的事,得花5年来离婚
Wouldn't be much fun for you, would it?
Take you five years to get a divorce.
亲爱的,你想得太远我跟不上了
Really, darling, you're going
a little bit too fast for me.
我们先结婚,然后安排离婚
Let's get the wedding over, then we can
make divorce arrangements afterwards.
皮特,跟我来
Peter, come with me, will you?
看镜子里面
Look in the mirror.
看镜子里面
Look in the mirror.
是什么,亲爱的?
What is it, darling?
更糟糕了
It's worse than ever.
- 你不在里面 - 我当然在里面
- You're not there.
- 'But of course I'm there.'
跟你说,不在。我孤独一人在另一间屋
I tell you, you're not.
In the other room, I'm alone.
看着镜子告诉我你看到什么
Look in the mirror and
tell me exactly what you see.
还是老样子
It's just as it always is.
不是我的床,是另一张床
Instead of my bed, there's the other bed.
我可以看得很清楚
I can see it quite clearly.
床柱有藤叶缠绕
The posts have vine leaves twisted round them,
顶上还有一串串葡萄
with bunches of grapes at the top.
幔帐是深红色丝绸
The hangings are dark red silk.
墙上有护板
The walls are panelled.
壁炉里烧着柴火
There's a log fire burning in the grate.
跟你说,没用的!我要疯了
It's no use, I tell you! I am going mad.
现在跟你讲我看到什么
Now I'll tell you what I see.
没有四个床柱,没有护墙板,没有柴火
No four-poster,
no panelling and no log fires.
只是你的屋子,站着我和你
Just your ordinary room
with you and me in it.
听我说
Listen to me...
你再照镜子会看到跟我一样的情形
You're going to look in this mirror
again and see exactly the same as I do.
来
Come here. Come here.
- 能看到你自己的房♥间吗? - 不能
- 'Can you see your own room?'
- No.
- 看到我吗? - 没
- 'Or me?' - No.
- 但你必须看到,强迫自己 - 不行
- 'But you must! Make yourself.'
- I can't.
你可以,亲爱的,如果你努力
You can, darling, if you try.
- 不行 - 你可以的
- It's no good. - You can.
看,这是我,站在你身边
Look, here I am, standing by you.
是的
Yes...
是的,你在里面,我看到了
Yes, there you are. I can see you now.
瞧,跟你说过吧
You see? I told you so.
我不成的
I can't make it out.
来吧,我们出去喝一杯
Come on, let's get out of here
and have a drink.
事情貌似解决了
'So that seemed to be that.
两周后,我们结婚乔迁新居
'A fortnight later, we got married
and moved into the new house.
从某种程度说,我更高兴扔掉镜子
'In a way, I'd have been happier
to get rid of the mirror,
但皮特似乎不怕它了
'but Peter seemed to have
lost his fear of it,
于是我决定顺其自然
'so I decided to let things be.'
妈妈问我们下下周末能去她那里吗,是她生日
Mother says, can we come down the
weekend after next. It's her birthday.
我没空,我们忙着审计大事
I shan't be able to make it.
We're rushing that big audit through.
没事,她会失望的,但我们可以改日去
Oh, never mind. She'll be disappointed,
but we can go some other time.
你可以去,如果我不能成行
Well, you can go, sweet, anyhow,
even if I can't.
电影精选列表