What is that?
石锤了
I mean, that's sound.
这是实时成像 系统正常
It's real time imaging, it works.
我的系统正常 它确实有效
Look, my system works, it actually works.
别
No.
这是信♥号♥♥的来源
It's the source of the signal.
看 它在发射信♥号♥♥ 这些脉冲
Look, it's transmitting, I mean, these pulses,
它们与调谐器发出的滴答声同步
they sync with the clicks coming through the tuner.
这根本不是反弹 -不
It wasn't a bounce back at all. -no.
它正在从轨道上向外广播
It was being broadcast from orbit.
听起来像莫斯电码
Sounds like morse code.
不
No.
不 这是二进制
No, it's binary.
是的 这是二进制
Yeah, it's binary.
一个循环模式
It's got to be a loop pattern.
是随机的吗? -非随机 二进制从来就不是随机的
Is it random? -Non-random, binary is never random.
为什么要发送二进制? -完全可以理解
Why are they transmitting binary? -Out of pure logic.
数学是宇宙的语言 不需要翻译
Maths is the language of the universe, no translation required.
是的 无论你来自哪里 二加二总是等于四
Yeah, two plus two will always equal four no matter where you come from.
如果外星文明有足够的智慧来传播宇宙信♥号♥♥
If an alien civilization is intelligent enough to transmit,
别说穿越太空了 他们还需要数学
let alone travel through space, then they need maths.
是的 如果另一种文明足够先进
Yeah, and if another civilization is advanced enough
可以去拦截这个信♥号♥♥
to intercept this signal, then
那么他们肯定也懂数学
they'll definitely know maths.
但这些生物肯定比简单的二进制更先进吧?
But surely, they're more advanced than simple binary?
必须的 但是他们不知道我们是否有这么先进
Substantially, yeah, but they don't know we are.
这是最好的初次接触方式
It's the best way to make first contact.
数学是共同的基础
And maths is common ground.
你知道还有什么是二进制的吗?
You know what else is binary, don't you?
阿雷西博 -阿雷西博
Arecibo. -Arecibo.
太疯狂了
This is insane.
告诉他阿雷西博的故事
Look, tell him about arecibo.
好的 罗伊 在70年代
Okay, Roy, get this, in the '70s,
一条二进制消息被广播到太空中
a binary message was broadcast into space
是从波多黎各的阿雷西博天文台发射的
from the arecibo observatory in Puerto Rico.
1679位 对吗
1,679 digits, right?
是的 是的 是的 差不多
Yeah, yeah, yeah something like that, but it was never really
我们从没有真正的尝试联♥系♥
a serious attempt to make contact.
不 没有
No, not really,
它的目的是演示
its purpose was to demonstrate
望远镜的功能
the telescope's capabilities.
它们朝一个距离地球
I mean, they were aiming it at a star system
两万五千光年的恒星系统发射信♥号♥♥
that was 25,000 light years away.
最快的回复也要等五万年
That's 50,000 years for a reply at best.
要等那么久啊
Well, you're going to run up a hell of a bill
肯定要花不少钱吧 -是的
being kept on hold that long. =yeah.
它随时都可能会被拦截
It could have been intercepted.
有可能的
It's a possibility.
但是世事都讲究
I think everything's just moved
各种各样的可能性
from a possibility to a probability.
你说什么来着?
What did you say it was?
1600多少?
1,600 and?
79.
1,679.
你能破译吗?
Can you decode on that?
愚蠢的问题
Silly question.
你有阿雷西博原始信息的副本吗?
Do you have a copy of the original arecibo message?
又一愚蠢的问题
Again, silly question.
阿雷西博是一个简单的二进制代码
The arecibo is a simple binary code,
如果排列正确 它会显示...
when arranged correctly, it reveals...
这个
This.
这是最初的样子
This is what the original looked like.
它是一个包含关于人类和地球的生命基本内容
It's a visual message containing basic information
的一则视觉信息
about humans and life on our planet.
地球生物化学 DNA的分子式 诸如此类的东西
Earth biochemicals, the formula for DNA, that sort of thing.
如果我没有记错 它有73列
If I remember correctly, it's 73 columns wide
每一列21个数字
with 21 digits in each.
像这样排列输入信♥号♥♥
Arrange the incoming signal like that,
看看能得到什么
let's see what we get.
难以置信
I don't believe this.
是阿雷西博
It's arecibo all right.
Base-10和最初的信♥号♥♥一模一样
See, the base-10's is exactly the same as the original. We've got
炭基生物化学
carbon-based biochemistry,
DNA核苷酸 双螺旋结构
DNA nucleotides, the double-helix,
都在这里
it's all there.
等等...
Wait...
这里有些不一样
There are differences here.
哪里?
Where?
看
Look.
微妙但很明显
Subtle but significant.
为什么会这样?
Why is it doing that?
这不是阿雷西博
It's not arecibo.
这是对阿雷西博的回应
It's a response to arecibo.
几乎是相同的
It's almost identical.
意思是?
Meaning?
意思是我们有共同的宇宙起源
Meaning we're of common cosmic origin.
我的天
My god.
不
No.
不不不 快没电了
No, no, no, I'm losing power.
什么? -我的电池快没电了
What? -Look, my batteries are dying here.
天啊 罗伊 我以为你设计的这些东西可以用一整晚?
Jesus, Roy, I thought you designed these things to last all night?
给两个系统用 哈里 我们这里有三个
For two systems, Harry. We're running three here,
加上你的望远镜和这些天线
plus your scope and these aerials.
如果我们没有电 一切都没有了
If we lose power, we lose everything.
什么叫失去一切? -录音
Wwhat do you mean, we lose everything? -The recordings.
别忘了 我的硬盘坏了 我们没有保存这些的工具
My hard drive's fried, remember. We got no long-term memory.
天啊
Christ.
我的系统只能在有电的时候保存数据
Look, my system can only hold data while it's running.
用我的硬盘
Use my drive.
转移文件耗时耗电
This transfer is going to take time and guzzle power.
如果我们不能在失去电力之前保存好
If we can't get the files across before I lose that power,
这个系统就会关闭
then the system will die.
我们会弄丢录音的 -天啊
We'll lose the recordings. Jesus.
罗伊 把后面的插头都拔掉··
Roy, pull the plugs on everything you've got in the back.
好的
Got it.
加油加油加油
Come on, come oh, come on.
罗伊 拔掉
Roy, pull it.
我们只有18分钟 不够的
Look, we've got 18 minutes, that's not going to be enough.
你有备用电池吗?
Do you have any spare batteries?
我不知道 有吗 你们装的行李
I don't know, do we? You guys packed the car.
不是我啊 -你是说你带了这么多东西
I didn't pack 'em. -You mean you packed all this,
就没想过多带些电池吗?
and didn't think to bring some more batteries?
哈里 这可是一个非常严重的问题
Harry, we've got a serious problem here.
我们遇到的不仅仅是一个问题
We've got more than a problem.
你想让我怎么样 迈克?
What do you want me to do, Mike?
我们没有备用电池
We've got no spare batteries.
你怎么打算 迈克?
What do you want to do, Mike?
好吧 我在公♥司♥那里还有一些电源装置
Well, listen, I've got some power units back at the station.
我们得走了 -我们赶不赢的
We got to go. We'll never make it.
我们别无选择
Look, we don't have a choice.
我们可能是唯一得到这些数据的人
We might be the only ones getting this data,
如果我们想保存这些录音
and if we want to save these recordings,
我们得做点什么
we got to do something.
我们还有十八分钟
We've got 18 minutes.
如果我们要走 我们现在就得走
If we're going to go, we've got to go right now.
迈克 我们做不到的 -我们能行
Mike, we'll never make it. We can make it.
我会搞定的
I'll get you there.
告诉我怎么做
Tell me what to do.
好 我们走吧
Okay, okay, let's do it.
我们去拿装备 你尽你所能
We'll get the gear, you cut loose what you can.
等等 哈里!
Wait, Harry!
如果还有更多信♥号♥♥怎么办?
电影精选列表