新英格兰 1954年
都准备好了吗 好了 先生
Is everything ready? Oui, monsieur.
你有收到我的指示吗
You have your instructions?
一切都还好吗 霍夫人
Is everything all right, Mrs. Ho?
晚餐将在19:30准备好
Dinner will be ready at 7:30.
晚上好
Good evening.
晚上好 我不知道这里
Good evening. I don't know if...
是的 先生 我们在等你 上校
Yes indeed, sir, you are expected, Colonel.
我可以帮你拿外套吗 是莫上校吧
May I take your coat? It is Colonel Mustard, isn't it?
不 不是 我是 抱歉 先生
No, that's not my name. My name's Forgive me, sir.
今晚 我的雇主可能会让你
Tonight, you may well feel obliged to my employer
使用化名
for the use of an alias.
你是哪位 先生
And who are you, sir?
我是沃兹沃斯 先生
I'm Wadsworth, sir.
管家
The butler.
伊薇特 请照顾一下 给这位上校需要的东西
Yvette, could you attend to the colonel and give him anything he requires.
只要要求合理就好
Within reason, that is.
沃兹沃斯 我
Oh, Wadsworth, I was...
请进 女士 期待您的到来
Do come in, madam. You are expected.
你知道我是谁吗
Do you know who I am?
没错的话 你应该是怀特夫人
Only that you are to be known as Mrs. White.
是的 信里是这么说的 但为什么呢
Yes. It said so in the letter. But why?
我可以给你介绍一下吗
May I introduce you?
怀特夫人 这是女佣伊薇特
Mrs. White, this is Yvette, the maid.
看来你们认识
I see you know each other.
你好 你好
Hello. Hello.
要搭便车吗
Want a lift?
谢谢
Yes, please.
谢谢 我的晚宴要迟到了
Thanks. I'm late for a dinner date.
我也是 你要去哪儿
Me, too. Where are you going?
我看看
Let's see.
希尔宅邸 41号♥公路旁
Hill House, off Route 41.
等一下 让我看看
Wait a minute. Let me look at that.
我也要去那里 我也收到一封这样的信
That's where I'm going. I got a letter like this.
这位是皮考克夫人
And this is Mrs. Peacock.
你好 你好
How do you do. Hello.
伊薇特 你去看看晚宴能否在
Yvette, will you go and check that dinner will be ready
所有客人到全之前准备好
as soon as all the guests have arrived.
这是见波迪先生的正确地址吗
Is this the right address to meet Mr. Boddy?
你一定是格林先生
You must be Mr. Green.
是的 坐下
Yes. Sit!
不 不是说你 先生
No. Not you, sir.
应该就在那附近
It should be just off there.
一定是这
That must be it.
车怎么停了
Why has the car stopped?
车子可能很害怕
It's frightened.
真是个鸟不生蛋的地方
What a godforsaken place.
普拉姆教授和斯卡利特小姐 没想到你们还认识
Professor Plum and Miss Scarlet. I didn't realize you were acquainted.
我们不认识
We weren't.
请允许我介绍普拉姆教授和斯卡利特小姐
May I present Professor Plum and Miss Scarlet.
当然 因为你们每个人都用化名
Of course, since you've each been addressed by a pseudonym,
你们应该知道 这里没有人会用真名
you'll have realized that nobody here is being addressed by their real name.
晚餐好了
Ah, dinner.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我有点容易惹是生非
I'm a little accident-prone.
你们会在位置旁边找到自己的名字
You'll find your names beside your places.
请坐
Please be seated.
这个座位是你的吗
Is this place for you?
的确不是 先生 我只是个卑微的管家
Indeed, no, sir. I'm merely a humble butler.
你到底是做什么的
What exactly do you do?
我是"管家"先生 什么意思
I buttle, sir. Which means what?
管家是厨房♥和餐厅的主管
The butler is head of the kitchen and dining room.
我保持一切整洁 仅此而已
I keep everything tidy. That's all.
好了 这是怎么回事呢 管家 这个晚宴
Well, what's all this about, butler, this dinner party?
"我们不需要理由 我们只需要行动和死亡"
"Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die."
死
Die?
先生 我只是引用阿尔弗雷德·丁尼生勋爵的话
Merely quoting, sir, from Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
我自己更喜欢吉卜林
I prefer Kipling myself.
"雌性比雄性更致命"
"The female of the species is more deadly than the male."
你喜欢吉卜林吗 斯卡利特小姐
You like Kipling, Miss Scarlet?
当然 我什么都吃
Sure. I'll eat anything.
鱼翅汤 夫人
Shark's fin soup, madam.
那么 这个是留给主人的吗
So, is this for our host?
不 先生 是给第七位客人 波迪先生
No, sir. For the seventh guest, Mr. Boddy.
我以为波迪先生是我们的主人
I thought Mr. Boddy was our host.
我也是
So did I.
那么 我们的主人是谁 沃兹沃斯先生
So, who is our host, Mr. Wadsworth?
好吧 我想趁热吃
Well, I'm gonna start while it's still hot.
现在 我们是不是该等一等那位客人
Now, shouldn't we wait for the other guest?
我会给他留点热乎的东西
I'll keep something warm for him.
你在想什么 亲爱的
What'd you have in mind, dear?
总得有人来打破尴尬 看来就是我
Well, someone's got to break the ice and it might as well be me.
我已经习惯了做女主人 这是我丈夫工作的一部分
I mean, I'm used to being a hostess. It's part of my husband's work.
而当一群新朋友
And It's always difficult when a group of new friends
初次见面 彼此熟悉 并不容易
meet together for the first time to get acquainted.
所以 我已经准备好运作一下了
So, I'm perfectly prepared to start the ball rolling.
我完全不知道我们在这里做什么
I mean, I have absolutely no idea what we're doing here
我在这里做什么 这个地方是干什么的
or what I'm doing here or what this place is about,
但我决定尽情享受当下
but I am determined to enjoy myself.
我非常感兴趣
I'm very intrigued.
天哪 这汤真好喝 不是吗
And, my, this soup's delicious, isn't it?
你说你为了丈夫的工作 经常做女主人吗
You say you are used to being a hostess as part of your husband's work?
是的 这份工作很艰难 特别是当你老公
Yes, it's an integral part of your life when you're the wife of a...
我忘了 我们不应该说出自己的真实身份
But then I forgot, we're not supposed to say who we really are,
我不知道为什么
though heavens to Betsy I don't know why.
是吗
Don't you?
我知道你是谁
I know who you are.
你不打算告诉我们吗
Aren't you gonna tell us?
你怎么知道我是谁
How do you know who I am?
我也在华盛顿工作
I work in Washington, too.
华盛顿 你是政客的妻子
Washington? So, you're a politician's wife?
是的
Yes, I am.
继续 你丈夫是谁
Well, come on then. Who's your husband?
那么 你丈夫做什么的 什么都不做
So, what does your husband do? Nothing.
什么都不做
Nothing?
好吧 他只是整天躺着
Well, he just lies around on his back all day.
在我看来是个苦差事
Sounds like hard work to me.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我恐怕有点爱惹是生非
I'm afraid I'm a little bit accident-prone.
注意点
Watch it.
哦 我的天
Oh, my, oh.
这是我最喜欢的菜系之一
This is one of my favorite recipes.
我知道 夫人
I know, madam.
那么 你在华盛顿特区做什么呢 格林先生
So, what do you do in Washington D.C., Mr. Green?
说吧 你是做什么的
Come on. What do you do?
如果我们都一言不发 又怎么能相互熟悉呢
I mean, how are we to get acquainted if we don't say anything about ourselves?
也许他不想和你熟悉
Perhaps he doesn't want to get acquainted with you.
嗯 我确信我不知道
Well, I'm sure I don't know.
但如果我不想让谈话继续下去
But if I wasn't trying to keep the conversation going,
那我们就只能坐在这里尴尬地沉默了
then we would just be sitting here in an embarrassed silence.
你害怕沉默吗 皮考克夫人
Are you afraid of silence, Mrs. Peacock?
怕 不怕 怎么了
Yes No, why?
在我看来 你似乎很痛苦
Just seems to me that you seem to suffer
我们称之为"言论压力"
from what we call "pressure of speech."
"我们" 谁是"我们" 你是心理医生吗
"We"? Who's "we"? Are you a shrink?
是的 我对心理医学略知一二
I do know a little bit about psychological medicine, yes.
哦 你是医生
Oh, you're a doctor?
我是 但我不太熟练
I am, but I don't practice.
熟能生巧
Practice makes perfect.
我认为大多数男人都需要熟练一下
I think most men need a little practice,
是吗 皮考克夫人
电影精选列表