他们会十分震惊的
they would be astonished.
马特·伯克
洞穴救援组织
我觉得其实有无数的洞穴
And I think, actually, there are lots and lots of caves
值得攀登
that could be climbed by climbers.
那将是个全新的世界
A real whole new world for them.
一会见 戴夫 祝你好运
See you later, Dave. Good luck!
对我来说洞穴探险不仅仅是探险
Caving, for me, provided much more of an adventure feel.
你会觉得每次进洞都像是一次考察
You feel like you're on a mini expedition every time you go caving,
我认为洞穴探险 特别是约克郡的深洞
so I think caving, particularly in the deep caves in Yorkshire,
比起攀岩更像是登山运动
is more akin to big mountaineering than it is to rock climbing.
这里看起来太疯狂了 非常狭窄
This next bit just looks crazy. It's really narrow.
-得使劲挤过去 -只有裂缝大小
- There's a squeeze. - Crack. Yeah.
我还是不明白人们为什么喜欢洞穴探险
Still not convinced I know why people are possessed to go caving.
洞穴研究者有句俗语
There's a cliche that's used by cavers very often
其他人想必也听说过
and lots of people have heard it,
那就是 你永远不知道
which is that you never know
下一个拐角会遇见什么
what you'll find round the next corner.
事实上 我认为除非你体验过
And I think it's difficult to understand that
否则是很难理解的
until you've experienced it, actually.
我什么都看不见
I can't see anything at all.
只能看见这个狭窄的岩脊
It's just this little narrow ledge.
我看不清前面的路
But I can't really see the way ahead, yet.
走一步看一步吧
I need to shuffle along.
等一下 我看到了
Oh, no, hang on! I can see it now.
是个狭窄的岩洞
It's just like quite a narrow hole.
没错
Right.
非常小
Quite small.
我们认为已探明的洞穴
We think at the moment that we've have found
可能只占约克郡山谷的三分之二
maybe two thirds of the caves existed in the Yorkshire Dales,
因此这里依然很刺♥激♥
so there's a real incentive there,
鼓励着人们继续寻找
a real driver for people to go and keep looking.
-这个洞穴真不错 -我等不及要去看看
- This chamber is just amazing. - Yeah, I can't wait to see it.
你透过裂缝看到主洞穴了吗
Do you see through the gaps into the main chamber?
-太厉害了 -庞大无比
- Oh, brilliant! - And it's huge!
令人叹为观止
It's really massive.
下面不会那么逼仄了
It's a bit less claustrophobic down here.
开阔得多
It opens out quite a lot.
-很好 -这些石头真美
- Good. - The rock formations are just, like, really beautiful.
看这些钟乳石
Oh, wow, all the stalactites and things.
感觉我们已经在这里待了许久了
I feel like we've been down here already for absolutely ages.
像下了几英里深 很难想象...
It seems like we've come down miles. It's hard to imagine that...
-后面的路还有多长 -还有很远
- We've still got lots more to go. - We've still got more to go.
是 我明白
Yeah, I know, I know.
我觉得虽然这次的体验很精彩
I get the feeling that, as much as this is going to be
但我不可能不会再来了
a brilliant experience, I'm not sure I'll take up caving.
干燥的石头还是很好的 能够休息一下
There's something quite nice about dry rock and just being able to
透口气再张望一番
wander about and have space.
我尽力不去想我们现在
I'm still trying not to think about the fact that
只完成了一半的任务这一事实
this is only the first half of the adventure
而且我们还得靠自己的力气
and we actually have to get back out of this thing
原路返回
under our own steam.
-我知道 -还不能顺着绳子往上爬
- Yeah, I know. - You can't just climb up the rope.
我先下去了 埃兰
Right, I'm going to head down then, Alan.
好的 祝你好运 最后一次下降
OK, good luck. Last descent.
走起
OK, here I go.
-底下空间还是比较大的 -是吗
- Looks nice and spacious down there at the bottom. - Yeah.
这次绳降的空间大多了
Yeah, much more spacy abseil this time.
石壁上裂缝更多了
Oh, cool, more cracks heading off into the darkness
一直延伸到黑暗中
in this direction as well.
这绝对是我见过的最夸张的地方了
'It's definitely the craziest place I've ever been.'
-我到底了 -好的
- That's me on the floor now. - OK.
真的好棒
It's really cool, it's, like,
这里就像一间大密室
just a big flat chamber, like a big room.
真高兴我们不用再下降了 准备往上爬
I'm glad we're not going any further.Goning back out.
这不会是骨头吧
There's, like, bones and things.
估计是上一个攀岩者的遗骸
From the last guy that tried to climb out!
-希望不是 -探险正式开始
- Hopefully not! - The adventure begins now.
埃兰和戴夫现在要自己铺设绳索攀岩
Alan and Dave are now at the start of their route.
周围的岩石昏暗且陌生
The rock is dark and unfamiliar.
表面也很湿滑 这都增加了攀爬的难度
It's also wet, which will make the climbing a lot harder.
第一段路由埃兰领头
Alan leads the first pitch.
一开局便不甚顺利
The beginning isn't promising.
不行啊
Not good.
是不是有什么东西
Did something just
从你刚才固定的地方掉下来了
break off that you were holding onto there?
是的 我手心里还有一小片岩石
Eh, yeah, just a really thin flake that I had in my hand there.
你可真行 早告诉你应该拉出来的
You got the first hand. Told you that should pull it.
这里真的没什么地方能插支点的
There's actually a lot less handholds and if there were.
真扫兴 第一个支点没成功
It's a little bit off-putting, that first hold breaking.
-你就得考虑很多因素 -是
- It just makes you question everything, doesn't it? - Yeah.
这里攀岩还真困难
Looks like quite a tricky wee move, here.
好的
Ok.
攀岩是项很依赖感觉的运动
'Climbing is a very sensory activity.'
干得好
Well done.
你能够到下个支撑点吗
Can you reach that next splitting now?
难说
Not quite.
攀岩依靠的是手上攀爬
You're relying on how the holds feel in your hands
以及脚下蹬踏的感觉
and under your feet,
同时还需要开阔的视野
but your also relying on
来规划下一步路线
sight to be able to plan the next move
确保能稳稳支撑
and make sure you have the hold.
在黑暗中攀岩更是疯狂
Climbing in the dark seems preposterous.
你必须更多依赖你的各种触感
You're going to have to rely a lot more on just that sense of touch
还要对你的保护措施以及队友有信心
and faith in your protection and that your partner is still there,
即使事实上你根本看不见他们
despite the fact that you can't see them.
要不是这么湿
If it wasn't so damp,
这里其实是个很好的支点
you can hold on to pretty much anything on this.
是啊
Yeah.
我现在的境况
I'm kind of over-gripping a little bit...
令人堪忧
..as it is.
这一小段很棘手
Ooh, I don't like this bit.
支撑点都好小
Just have a tiny little crimpy hold here. Ooh!
那里有地方能放保护点吗
Are they incut enough that you'll be able to pull on them properly?
-我觉得我可以跳过这个点 -好
- Well, I just feel like I could slip off them. - Yeah.
那你只能踩在一块比较小的地方了
You're going to have to stand on something small for your foot.
是的
Yeah.
埃兰现在正努力地寻找攀爬路径
Alan is struggling to see a way forward.
我刚刚在哪来着
Where was I before?
他需要找到正确路径一保证攀岩顺利进行
He needs to find the right sequence of moves to make progress.
而这里险峻的环境
In this alien environment,
让他很难相信自己的直觉
he finds it hard to trust his own judgment.
-这比我想象的要困难很多 -没错
- Actually more awkward than I thought it would be. - Yeah.
慢慢来
Takes time.
继续
Go on.
-我要退回上一个保护点 -好的
- I'm just going to come back down to this good hold... - OK.
重新规划一下
..and reassess.
埃兰需要尽快铺设一条路径
Alan needs to commit to a line soon,
走错一步就可能招致灭顶之灾
but, a wrong move could mean a fall,
而这无疑会毁掉他们这次首登
and that could jeopardise their chances of a successful first ascent.
我头灯打的影子让我很难看见
I think the shadows cast by my head torch make it hard to see
我的脚放在什么地方
where I'm placing my feet.
你左手边的那个地方能当斜面保护点吗
Is that like a sloping pinch you've got for your left hand?
能 有缝隙
Yeah, it's incut and...
-要到那里去吗 好的 -是
- Going to go inside? Oh, good! - Yeah.
我刚刚发现右边有个足部支点
At the last second there, I spotted a foothold out to the right.
这下就好多了
It made all the difference.
很好
Great.
这还真湿啊
Aww, that one's really wet!
虽然周围都很潮湿 但这是尤其严重
It's all very wet, but that one's really wet!
那点好像在海里似的
That one's got an ocean in it.
电影精选列表