那天晚上晚些时候我遇到了他。
I met him later that night.
-后来发生了什么?-你永远猜不到。
- What happened then? - You can never guess.
我们去散步。
We went walking.
继续。走路。
Go on. Walk.
好吧,队长。
Okay, skipper.
然后我们来到了一个公园。
And then we came to a park.
只有天空中有一个巨大的黄色月亮。
Only there was a tremendously large yellow moon up in the sky.
它太大,太亮了。
It was altogether too big and too bright.
但是树下很黑。很黑。
But it was dark under the trees. Very dark.
这是一棵树,约翰尼。
This is a tree, Johnny.
-树下发生了什么?-然后他吻了我。
- And what happened under the trees? - Then he kissed me.
之后发生了什么?
And what happened after that?
他又吻了我。
He kissed me again.
然后发生了什么?
And what happened then?
然后我们结婚了。
Then we were married.
然后……
And then...
然后我们就开始想你了,强尼
And then we started to think about you, Johnny —
嘘!离开这里。
Shh! Get out of here.
你一次要一千五百吗?
Would you need that 1,500 all at once?
没有,但如果我有300,我至少能去德国。
No, but if I had 300, I could at least get to Germany.
我还没想出付房♥租的办法,除非我把显微镜卖♥♥掉。
I haven't yet figured out a way of paying the rent, unless I part with the microscope.
所以恐怕我们今年的出国旅行要推迟了。
So I'm afraid we'll have to postpone our trip abroad this year.
我回到舞台上就能赚到那么多钱。
I could earn that money by going back to the stage.
我不会让你那么做的。
I won't have you do that.
但是医生说你必须离开。
But the doctor says you must go away.
如果我工作几个星期,我也许能挣够你的旅费,然后我们会想办法把你留在那儿,直到你康复。
If I worked a few weeks, I might make enough for your passage,and then we'll find a way to keep you over there until you got well.
这是不可能的。我不会让你回到舞台上的。
It's out of the question. I won't have you go back to the stage.
-内德?-怎么了?
- Ned? - What is it?
反正我也要回去工作了。
I was going back to my old work anyway.
-这会让你开心吗?-不是那样的。我们需要钱。
- Will it make you happy? - It isn't that. We need money.
这只是几个星期的问题。我的公式差不多完成了。
It's only a question of weeks. My formula's almost completed.
-这样我们就有我们需要的所有钱了。-我知道,亲爱的。
- And then we'll have all the money we need. - I know, dear.
但与此同时,我要做点什么让你有机会康复。
But in the meantime, I'm going to do something to give you a chance to get well.
-你是来应聘的吗?——是的。
- Have you come to be placed? - Yes.
-你叫什么名字?——法拉第。
- What's your name? - Faraday.
——那是什么?——海伦法拉第。
- What's that? - Helen Faraday.
-有预约吗?-没有。
- Got an appointment? - No, I haven't.
你得等等。这些人都在你前面。
You'll have to wait. All these people are ahead of ya.
谢谢你,亲爱的。待会儿见。
Thank you, honey. I'll see you later.
去吃午饭,莎莉。十分钟后回来。
Going to lunch, Sally. Be back in ten minutes.
早上好,史密斯先生!
Morning, Mr. Smith!
-你记得我吗?-你说给我的那份工作呢?
- You remember me? - What about that job you said you had for me?
等一下,伙计们。
Just a minute, folks.
-你还记得我的戏剧性素描吧,史密斯先生。-等一下,吉姆。
- You remember my dramatic sketch, Mr. Smith. - Just a minute, Jim.
你在等着见我,是吗?
You're waiting to see me, aren't you?
运行,埃迪。待会儿见。进来吧,宝贝。
Run along, Eddie. I'll see you later. Come on in, baby.
我们在这里很久了。
We've been here a long time.
她走后你还会在这待很长时间。
You'll be here a long time after she's gone.
三周以来,我每天都在这里。
I've been here every day for three weeks.
坐下来。放松一下。
Sit down. Take a load off your feet.
-你最后一次工作是什么时候?-五、六年前。
- When is the last time you worked? - Five or six years ago.
——在哪里?——在德国。
- Where? - In Germany.
-你能放首歌♥吗?-我以前可以。
- Can you put over a song? - I used to be able to.
-你要多少钱?-任何我能得到的。没关系。
- How much will you take? - Anything I can get. It doesn't matter.
别告诉我你工作只是为了热爱你的艺术。你的男朋友是谁?
Now, don't tell me you're working just for the love of your art. Who's your boyfriend?
我没有任何。
I haven't any.
你愿意每周工作25美元吗?-哦,是的。
- Will you work for $25 a week? - Oh, yes.
你很幸运,宝贝。你找对人了。
Well, you're in luck, baby. You came to the right man.
我想我能给你三四十个。我也许能把它提高到50。
I guess maybe I can get you 30 or 40. I might be able to raise it to 50.
当然包括佣金在内了。
That includes commission, of course.
我一般能拿到20%,但既然是你,我就给你15分。
I generally get 20 percent, but seeing it's you I'll make it 15.
-可以吗?-哦,是的。
- Is that okay? - Oh, yes.
考虑到我为客户提供的个人服务,这个佣金不算高。
That ain't a high commission considering the personal service I give my clientele.
你把自己交到我手里的那一刻,宝贝,
Why, the minute you put yourself in my hands, baby,
你的利益比我的更重要。
your interests are closer to me than my own.
得到我吗?
Get me?
站起来走动走动。
Get up and walk around a bit.
-看看你有什么本事。-我有什么?
- Let's see what you got. - What I've got?
让我们看看你的腿。
Let's see your legs.
-够了吗?-暂时。
- Is that enough? - For the time being.
-你说你叫什么名字?——海伦法拉第。
- What'd you say your name was? - Helen Faraday.
不。我们得找点不一样的。
Nah. We gotta get something different.
一些不寻常的东西。说起来容易,却很难忘记。
Something unusual. Something that's easy to say and hard to forget.
琼斯。我得到了它。
Jones. I got it.
——海伦·琼斯。-但我不叫琼斯。
- Helen Jones. - But my name isn't Jones.
它的什么?我也不叫史密斯。
What of it? My name ain't Smith either.
但我还是过得很好,不是吗?
But I get by just the same, don't I?
你好。告诉她我出去吃午饭了。
Hello. Tell her I'm out to lunch.
嘿,等一下。打电♥话♥给奥康纳,告诉他我要给他带匹普来。
Hey, wait a minute. Call up O'Connor's and tell him I'm bringin' him a pip.
你真让我兴奋,宝贝。
You certainly got me all hopped up, baby.
是啊,你真让我兴奋。
Yep, you certainly got me hopped up.
把那些瓶子放在这里。
Put those bottles in here.
今天下午才会有人来取。
Man's not to call for 'em till this afternoon.
噢,是吗?
Oh, yeah?
这就是你打电♥话♥提到的那个皮普。你在哪里接她的?
So this is the pip you phoned about. Where'd you pick her up?
我很久以前遇到过她。我一直在等这样的机会。
I ran across her a long time ago. I've been saving her for a spot like this.
她低吟声吗?我需要的是一个歌♥手。
Can she croon? What I need's a crooner.
必要时她可以低声哼唱。谁不能?
She can croon in a pinch. Who can't?
我已经有个美人儿把她的头给吃了。
I got one good-looker eatin' her head off on me already.
-我不知道我还能不能再喝一杯。-好吧,那好吧。
- I don't know if I can use another. - All right, then, all right.
我有三四个位置可以毫不费力地给这位女士安排。
I got three or four spots I can place this dame without half tryin'.
来吧,宝贝。
Come on, baby.
等一下。是什么让您这么着急呢?我没说过不给她试镜的机会吧?
Wait a minute. What's your hurry? I didn't say I wouldn't give her a tryout, did I?
好吧。
All right.
如果她做得好,一周40英镑,第一周吃,第二周50英镑,剩下75英镑。
And if she makes good, it's 40 a week and her grub the first week,50 the next, and 75 she stays on.
每周六晚上你都拿我的15%
And you take out my 15 percent every Saturday night.
-我想让她30岁开始- 30 ?
- I was figurin' on startin' her at 30. - Thirty?
我不处理价值30美元的垃圾。急停。
I don't handle no $30 junk. Scram.
好吧,好吧。保持冷静。
All right, all right. Keep your shirt on.
-你说你叫什么名字?-琼斯。
- What'd you say your name was? - Jones.
好吧,我们会改变的。来吧。我带您去更衣室。
Well, we'll change that. Come on. I'll show you your dressing room.
-几点了?- 6点刚过。
- What time is it? - A little after 6:00.
急什么呢?你说你十点才上班。
What's all the rush? You said you weren't on until 10:00.
是的,我知道,但我得再排练一次。
Yes, I know, but I have to rehearse again.
强尼,亲爱的,我忘带梳子了。在我的梳妆台上。
Johnny, darling, I forgot my hairbrush. It's on my dresser.
-天哪,我的音乐呢?——这吗?
- Good heavens, where's my music? - This it?
-给你,妈妈。-谢谢你,强尼。是的,谢谢你。
- Here you are, Mommy. - Thank you, Johnny. Yes, thank you.
约翰尼要喝他的汤、胡萝卜、烤面包、一杯牛奶和布丁。
Johnny is to have his soup, carrots,toast, a glass of milk, and the pudding.
别让他熬夜。
And don't let him stay up late.
给你,妈妈。
Here you are, Mommy.
-那是干嘛的?——运气。
- What's that for? - For luck.
谢谢你,约翰。我需要它。
Thank you, Johnny. I'll need it.
——再见,内德。再见,海伦。
- Good-bye, Ned. - Good-bye, Helen.
我不想看到你这么做。
I hate to see you do this.
不,内德。不要把它弄得太困难。
Don't, Ned. Don't make it too difficult.
晚安,内德。晚安,约翰。
Good night, Ned. Good night, Johnny.
-你什么时候回来?-可能要晚了。最好不要熬夜等我。
- What time'll you be back? - It might be late. Better not sit up for me.
——再见,妈妈。——再见,约翰尼。
- Bye, Mommy. - Good-bye, Johnny.
来吧,约翰尼。我们最好现在就吃饭。
Come on, Johnny. We better have our dinner now.
天啊,我们每天晚上都要单独吃饭吗?
Gee whiz, are we gonna have dinner alone every night?
我不知道,强尼。
I don't know, Johnny.
所以你是金发的维纳斯。
So you're the Blonde Venus.
别告诉我这是你自己想出来的。
Don't tell me you thought of that label all by yourself.
不。奥康纳先生说这对我的工作有帮助。
No. Mr. O'Connor told me it would help me in my work.
他会。
He would.
我帮着把这破地方搞得家喻户晓的时候他根本不用给我想什么名字。
He didn't have to think up any name for me when I helped put this dump on the map.
我叫出租车,贝尔·胡珀。出租车,短。
My name's Taxi Belle Hooper. Taxi, for short.
第一英里要收费吗?
Do you charge for the first mile?
喂,你想骑我吗?
Say, are you tryin' to ride me?
不要误会。他们叫我出租车,因为我不坐别的车了。
Don't get the wrong idea. They call me Taxi because I won't ride in nothin' else.
电影精选列表