我宁愿做任何事也不愿伤害你。
I'd rather do anything than hurt you.
即使嫁给我吗?
Even marry me?
艾米丽。-听着,杰夫。
Emily. - Now, look Jeff.
如果我告诉你,我不会让你在我和珍妮丝之间做选择,会有帮助吗?
Would it help any if I told you I'll not ask you to choose between Janice and me?
我没有道歉的意思艾米丽
I have no apologies, Emily.
你经常不在家,我们相爱了。
You were away a great deal and we fell in love with each other.
哦。
Oh.
珍妮丝,你呢?你爱杰夫吗?
Janice, what about you? Do you love Jeff?
是的,我爱他。
Yes, I love him.
我明白了。
I see.
珍妮丝,坐下。
Janice, sit down.
杰夫,你也坐下。这两个你。
Jeff, you sit down too. Both of you.
可怜的杰夫。
Poor Jeff.
你不开心,是吗?
You haven't been happy, have you?
你和珍妮丝。
You and Janice.
不,我们没去。
No, we haven't been.
在乡间小路上和汽车里见面。
Meeting out in country roads and in cars.
甚至在车♥库♥上方的园丁家。
Even in the gardener's place above the garage.
车♥库♥上方园丁的住处?
The gardener's place over the garage?
是的。
Yes.
这是奇怪的。
That's strange.
一天晚上,我和万斯医生接到一个紧急电♥话♥后,很晚才回到家。
One night I came home very late with Dr Vance after an emergency call.
我看到窗户开着,他上楼去看有没有人在那里。
I saw the window was open and he went upstairs to see if anyone was there.
我们在上面。珍妮丝和我。
We were up there. Janice and I.
他看见我们。他直视着我们。
He saw us. He looked right at us.
他看到你吗?
He saw you?
是的。
Yes.
这是有趣的。
That's funny.
他没有向任何人提起这件事。
He didn't mention it to anyone.
感恩节那天在露台上。
And then on the terrace on Thanksgiving Day.
他几乎是在向我挑战要我嫁给你,杰夫。
He practically challenged me to marry you, Jeff.
我不知道他为什么觉得这是个好主意。
I wonder why he thought that was a good idea.
我想下次见到他时我得问问他。
I think I'll have to ask him the next time I see him.
医生万斯说。
Doctor Vance speaking.
谁?
Who?
哦. .把她。
Oh .. put her on.
你好。
Hello.
你好,布莱尔小姐。
Hello, Miss Blair.
你好吗?
How are you?
听你这么说我很高兴。
Well, I'm glad to hear that.
我. .假设今天是祝贺和祝福的日子。
I .. suppose today is the day for congratulations and good wishes.
和其他日子一样。
No more so than any other day.
嗯,你. .你要结婚了,不是吗?
Well, you .. are being married aren't you?
据我所知没有。
Not that I know of.
顺便说一下,万斯博士。
By the way, Dr Vance.
你的声音很好听。
You have a lovely voice.
你看,这是我第一次听说。
You see, this is the first time I've heard it.
嘿。
Hey.
嘿,你能听见!
Hey, you can hear!
你打电♥话♥。
You're telephoning.
嘿. .
Hey ..
血清。
The serum worked.
你好. .操作符。
Hello .. operator.
我在打长途电♥话♥。
I was calling long distance.
但我接到了马萨诸塞州打来的电♥话♥。
But I had a call from Massachusetts.
对不起,福斯特小姐,你打断我了。
Excuse me, Miss. Miss Foster, you cut me off.
早上好,万斯医生。
Good morning, Dr Vance.
你. .你从这里打过电♥话♥?这是正确的。
You .. you phoned from here? That's right.
到这里来。
Come here.
你可以听到吗?——是的。它工作吗?
You can hear? - Yes. It worked?
是的。它工作。
Yes. It worked.
到这里来。——什么?
Come here. - What?
我是不是听到你说你不打算结婚?
Did I hear you say you weren't getting married?
不,我不是。多亏了你。
No, I'm not. Thanks to you.
感谢我吗?
Thanks to me?
首先,多亏了你,我…
Well, in the first place, thanks to you, I ..
我的听力恢复了。
I have my hearing back.
但更重要的是,我也睁开了眼睛。
But more than that, my eyes were opened, too.
为什么,你是说…
Why, you mean about ..
斯托达德和你妹妹的事?
About Stoddard and your sister?
是的。是的,,。
Well yes. Yes, that.
但更重要的是。
But more than that.
这就是我来的原因。感谢你,并开始回报你。
That's why I came. To thank you and to start repaying you.
报答我什么?-我不是指钱。不。
Repaying me for what? - Oh, I don't mean in money. No.
有一次,你说你希望我出身贫寒。
0nce, you said that you wished I had been born poor.
我发现自己也希望如此。因为我现在知道你的意思了。
Well, I find myself wishing that, too. Because I know now what you meant.
我本来是有用的。我就能学会怎么工作了。
I would have been useful. I would have learned how to work.
也许当我开始做小白鼠的时候,我就开始有用了。
Perhaps I began being useful when I started being a guinea pig.
也许现在我可以继续做你的展品了。
And perhaps now I can continue by being an exhibit for you.
直到你帮我学到其他有用的东西。
Until you help me to learn other useful things.
记得我还跟你说过一些事。
Remember there was something else I said to you.
什么?
What?
嗯,我. .
Well, I ..
我说匹兹堡没有艾米莉·布莱尔。
I said there was no Emily Blair in Pittsburgh.
现在有了。
Well, there is now.
留下来吗?
To stay?
是的。
Yes.
布莱尔镇和你留下的一切呢?
What about Blairs Town and all you left there?
那是昨天吃的。
That was yesterday.
和. . ?
And ..?
现在,明天。
And now, tomorrow.
电影精选列表