这意味着你不能为我做任何事,是吗。
That means you can't do anything for me, doesn't it.
我很抱歉。
I'm sorry.
一点希望都没有?
No hope at all?
哦,当然还有希望。
Oh, of course there is hope.
希望总是有的。
There is always hope.
1935年6月,你得了脑膜炎。
You had an attack of meningitis in June of 1935.
两年前。
Two years ago.
结果是神经系统明显恶化。
The result of that was a marked deterioration of nerves.
目前,我知道没有治愈的方法。
At the moment, I know of no cure for it.
布莱尔小姐,记住,我只是一个人。
Miss Blair, remember, I am only one man.
全世界的人们都在这个时刻致力于解决这个问题。
All over the world, men are working on this very problem at this very moment.
冯·斯坦在维也纳,里特在伦敦。
Von Stein in Vienna, Ritter in London.
约翰霍普金斯大学的詹姆斯,罗彻斯特的梅瑞狄斯。
James at Johns Hopkins, Meredith in Rochester.
佩罗在蒙特利尔。
Perot in Montreal.
我都看过了。除了佩罗。
I've seen them all. Except Perot.
那你当然应该看看佩罗。
Then you certainly should see Perot.
但首先我要回家一段时间。
But first I'm going home for a while.
我已经被很多医生检查过了,我…
I've been examined and tested and sent away by so many doctors, I ..
现在不能再面对另一个了。
Couldn't face another one right now.
与此同时,我很高兴你没有让你的失聪成为一种残疾。
Meanwhile, I'm glad you haven't let your deafness be a handicap.
你读唇语读得很好。
You read lips remarkably well.
我应该。
I should.
我有优秀的老师,也有大量的练习。
I've had excellent teachers and a great deal of practice.
布莱尔小姐,我想说的是…
Miss Blair, all I can say to you ..
医生,如果你告诉我你的费用,我会把支票留给你的秘书。
Doctor, if you tell me your fee, I'll leave a check with your secretary.
不会有任何费用的,布莱尔小姐。
There won't be any fee, Miss Blair.
即使是有钱的年轻女士我也不收钱因为我知道我帮不了她们。
I don't charge even rich young ladies when I know I can't help them.
谢谢你到我这儿来,暂时再见。
Thank you for coming to me, and for the present, goodbye.
再见。
Goodbye.
咖啡。热的,强烈的,今年的。
Coffee. Hot, strong and made this year.
你不会喜欢我们的。
You won't like ours.
有火柴吗?
Got a match?
谢谢你!
Thank you.
谢谢你,小姐。
Thank you, Miss.
舷梯。
Gangway.
请让路。
Gangway, please.
舷梯。
Gangway.
跳板!
Gangway!
想害死自己吗?
Want to get yourself killed?
非常抱歉,我没听到它来了。你看,我…
I'm awfully sorry, but I didn't hear it coming. You see, I ..
我充耳不闻。
I'm deaf.
我知道。
I know.
哦。
Oh.
正确的。谢谢你!
Right. Thank you.
“亲爱的,听说格雷厄姆医生不能为你做任何事,我感到非常难过。”
"Darling, I'm terribly sorry to hear Dr Graham couldn't do anything for you."
“你对他希望那么多,但不要因此而失望。”
"You had hoped so much from him, but don't let it get you down."
“芝加哥有斯隆医生。”
"There's Dr Sloan in Chicago."
“他是这个国家最好的球员之一,我们都在为他祈祷。”
"He's one of the best in the country and we're all keeping our fingers crossed."
“我在厂里很忙。”
"I'm very busy at the Mill."
“但没有你,我有的是时间数着空虚的时光。”
"But I have plenty of time to count the empty hours without you."
“我们之间的这件事似乎已经存在很久了。”
"It seems so long that this thing has been between us."
“我每次去布莱尔大厦,都要站在楼梯脚下往上看。”
"Every time I go to Blair House, stand at the foot of the stairs and look up."
“我看见你穿着我们订婚晚会那天晚上穿的衣服下楼来了。”
"I see you descend in the dress you wore on the night of our engagement party."
亲爱的,你就站在这儿一会儿。
Stand right there a minute, darling.
这是你在年老时还记得并微笑的时刻之一。
This is one of those moments you remember in your old age and smile.
没有人知道为什么。
And nobody knows why.
我想永远留着它。
I'd like to keep it forever.
我不想让这件事过去。
I hate to let it pass.
杰夫,你真好。
Jeff, you are so sweet.
难怪我爱上你了。
No wonder I fell in love with you.
我是世界上最幸运的女孩。
I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world.
别闹了,孩子们。
Break it up, children.
叔叔华♥莱♥士♥。
Uncle Wallace.
华♥莱♥士♥叔叔已经好几个星期没亲过美女了。
Uncle Wallace hasn't kissed a pretty girl in weeks.
什么风把你从纽约吹到这里来了?
Now what has brought you up here from New York in June?
不会像我侄女的订婚派对那么无聊吧?
It couldn't be a thing as dull as my niece's engagement party, could it?
我希望如此。
I hope so.
这一定是杰夫。你好。-你好。
This must be Jeff. Hello. - How do you do.
祝贺你。我明白了,你真的想娶她?
Congratulations. You really intend to marry her, I see?
你不知道我有多努力想摆脱,华♥莱♥士♥叔叔。
You can't guess how hard I tried to get out of it, uncle Wallace.
我不是家里唯一一个今晚会出现在这里的流浪者。
I'm not the only wanderer in the family who'll make an appearance here tonight.
哦,还有谁?
Oh, who else?
你等着瞧吧。我发过誓不告诉别人。
You wait and see. I'm sworn not to tell.
你好吗,华♥莱♥士♥?——嗨,Em。
How are you, Wallace? - Hi, Em.
你看起来美极了,对于一个住在夜店的人来说。
You look wonderful, for a man who lives in nightclubs.
你看起来也不错,艾米,作为一个开纺织厂的女孩。
You look alright too, Em. For a girl who runs a textile mill.
你肯定见过杰夫·斯托达德吧?我只是看看他。
You've met Jeff Stoddard of course? Just looking him over.
希望有一个好的背景。一个宾夕法尼亚州的斯托达德家族成员,华♥莱♥士♥。
A good background, I hope. A Pennsylvania Stoddard, Wallace.
哦,还有威尔医生。
Oh, there is Doctor Will.
你好。我一直在找你。
Hello. I've been looking for you.
你今晚会和我跳舞吗?
Well, are you going to dance with me tonight?
你找不到人的时候就给我吹口哨,好吗?
When you can't get anybody else you can just whistle for me, eh?
好吗?-你可以的。
Well? - Well, you can.
晚上好,维克斯医生。
Good evening, Doctor Weeks.
走吧,亲爱的。客人来了。
Come along, dear. The guests are here.
快乐吗?
Happy?
我这辈子从没这么开心过。
Happier than I've ever been in my entire life.
这是我做的最后一件事,我不想让你变成那样。
It it's the last thing I do, I mean to keep you that way.
亲爱的。
Darling.
看在上帝的份上。这是珍妮丝!
Why for goodness sake. It's Janice!
你的妹妹吗?她不是在欧洲吗?
Your sister? Isn't she in Europe?
是的,亲爱的,我知道。我也是,来吧。
Yes darling, I know. So did I. Come on.
华♥莱♥士♥叔叔就是这个意思。
Oh, that's what uncle Wallace was hinting at.
对不起。-打扰一下。
Sorry. - Excuse me, please.
亲爱的!
Darling!
甜的东西!为什么没人告诉我?当然,我回来就是为了这个。
Sweet thing! Why didn't someone tell me? I came back just for this, of course.
艾米给我发了电报,我跳上了离开码头的诺曼底号♥。
Em cabled me, and I hopped on The Normandy as it pulled out of the dock.
你能来真是太好了。
How wonderful to have you here.
这就是你决定要追求并嫁给的帅哥吗?
So this is the shockingly handsome young man you've decided to chase and marry?
这是他。-我不惊讶。
This is he. - I'm not surprised.
不,真的。我不惊讶。
No, really. I'm not surprised.
嗨,杰夫。
Hi, Jeff.
你好,珍妮丝。你觉得我行吗?艾米丽?让我们来看看。
Hello Janice. Do you think I'll do? For Emily? Let's see.
一个好的家庭吗?
A good family?
亲爱的,她在逗你呢。
Darling, she's teasing you.
他是一个工人。
He is a working man.
他在帮他们管理工厂。你不知道吗?
He's helping Em manage the mill. Didn't you know?
工作是为了谋生,对吧?这是不好的。
Works for a living, huh? That's bad.
你看,珍妮特…-他会道歉的
Well you see, Janet .. - Why, he's going to apologize.
俱乐部吗?——哦,是的。
Right club? - Oh yes.
学校吗?——嗯。
Right school? - Hmm.
得体的衣着和适度的欢乐能力。
Right clothes and a modest capacity for gaiety.
是的,我觉得这些你都有。
Yes, I'd say you had all those.
那么,我通过了吗?
Do I pass, then?
哦,先生,我有什么资格评判?
Oh Monsieur, who am I to judge?
杰夫,我非常抱歉。
Jeff, I'm awfully sorry.
它是温暖的吗?我头晕。
Is it warm? I'm dizzy.
你累了,亲爱的。我们到阳台上去坐一会儿吧。
You're tired, darling. Let's go out on the terrace and sit for a while.
不。不,这是好的。
No. No, it's alright.
我现在感觉很好。-你确定?
I feel alright, now. - You sure?
是的,诚实。
Yes, honestly.
得到医生周!
Get Doctor Weeks!
威克斯医生,你在哪?
Doctor Weeks, where are you?
谁去找威克斯医生。
Somebody get Doctor Weeks.
你很快就能起床走动了,亲爱的。
You'll be up and about in no time at all, darling.
帕克双胞胎下周要举♥行♥一个聚会。
The Parker twins are giving a party next week.
我来帮你选件新衣服。
I'll help you choose a new dress.
说话响亮。
Talk louder.
我听不清。
I can't hear you.
下雨了。
It's raining.
电影精选列表