供记录在案
For the record,
告诉陪审团的女士和先生们
Tell the ladies and gentlemen of the jury
你的名字
Your name.
David Marks
Man
出生地?
And where were you born?
纽约市
Um, new york city.
父亲还在世吗?
Is your father still alive?
还在
Yes sir.
母亲还在世吗?
Is your mother still alive?
不在了
No sir.
母亲在你多大时去世的?
How old were you when your mother died?
7岁
Um, seven.
她离世的时候你在场吗?
Were you present when she died?
是的
Yes sir.
她怎么死的?
And how did she die?
她惨遭横祸
She died a violent death.
本片改编自1971年1月至2003年11月
发生于德州 洛杉矶和纽约的真实事件
David 如果你不介意的话
David, if you don't mind,
我想多问问你过去的事
I'm going to ask you some more about your past.
David
David?
什么?
I'm sorry?
你的过去
Your past.
所有美好的东西
请帮我接对方付费电♥话♥
Yes, I'd like to make a collect call, please.
纽约市 1971年
David Marks
David marks.
爸爸 是我 David
Dad, david.
啊 我怎么去?
Huh? How am I gonna do that?
我穿着礼服呢
I got on the tuxedo.
就不能叫个水管工吗?
Can't we just call a plumber?
是啊 叫水管工干啥
Yeah right, why would we do that?
不是胡扯么
That doesn't make any sense.
水管工的工作干吗叫水管工来做
Why would you send a plumber to do a plumber's job, huh?
你看什么 啊?
What are you looking at, huh?
你好
Hi.
你好
Oh. Hi.
忘了我是来干啥的了
I've forgotten why I'm here.
我要弄点咖啡
I was gonna make some coffee.
- 什么? - 要咖啡吗 我打算弄点咖啡
- Excuse me? - Do you want coffee? I was gonna make some.
不用了 谢谢
No thank you.
赶着去哪吗 我耽搁你了?
Am I keeping you from something?
嗯
Yeah.
要去干让我怵头的事
But it's something I'm dreading.
你有没有什么
Hey, do you have some kind of--
- 可以接在下面的? - 有
- I don't know, something I could put under here? - Uh, yeah.
这个
Here.
你搬来多久了?
So how long ago did you move in?
- 周日刚搬来 - 哦
- On Sunday. - Oh.
- 从哪儿? - 长岛
- From where? - Long island.
我妈妈的房♥子
- Oh. - My mom's house.
- 弄完了? - 我还是别修了
- Are you done? - I think I should stop.
我是说...
You know? I mean--
我不是管道工
I'm not a plumber.
我想你已经猜到了
I mean, as you might have guessed.
到了周一我才能找到管道工
And I can't get a plumber in here until Monday.
So, uh...
我也就是...
I guess what I've done is, uh...
需要帮忙吗?
Do you want help with that?
嗯
Yeah.
反正我也就是来告诉你管子漏了
Uh, anyway, so I guess what I did was come out here to tell you that you have a leak
And, uh,
应该找人来修一下
That you should get it fixed.
你很香
You smell good.
你要迟到了
You're gonna be late.
那又怎么样 我总是迟到
So? I'm always late.
怪我吧
You could always blame me.
你好 David Marks
Hi, david marks.
先生 这边请
Sir, right this way.
- 天啊 - 来了
- Oh god. - Oh look, there.
- 拿一下 - 对他宽容点
- Here, take this. - Go easy on him.
嘱咐一句 别理他
Okay, I don't have to tell you-- just ignore him
从现在到离开 我为他说的每句话道歉
And I apologize for anything he says between now and the time we leave.
迟到
Late.
总是迟到
Always late.
不了解你的人还以为你是个大忙人
Anybody who didn't know you would think you were a busy man.
还带了位朋友
Oh, I see you brought a friend.
- Katie - Katie
- Katie. - Katie.
亲爱的 要说全名
Your full name, dear, always.
Katherine McCarthy
Oh, katherine mccarthy.
多么可爱的年轻女士
Well, what a lovely young woman you are.
把我这游手好闲的儿子 都弄得这么帅气
You've even managed to make my vagabond son look handsome.
他本来就很帅
He is handsome.
David 来见见纽约下任参议员
David, I need you to meet the next senator from new york.
要你来这可不是让你玩女人的
And I didn't invite you here to help you get laid.
- Moynihan大使 - Sanford 恭喜
- Ambassador moynihan. - Sanford, congratulations.
- 谢谢 欢迎回来 - 谢谢
- Thank you. Welcome back. - Thank you.
Liz 总是越来越优雅
Liz. Always more gracious.
大使 还记得我大儿子David吗?
Ambassador, you remember my eldest son david?
继承人David 当然记得 你好吗?
David the heir apparent. Of course, how are you?
- 挺好 谢谢 - 这是...
- Fine, thank you. - Oh, and this is...
- Katherine McCarthy - McCarthy小姐
- Katherine mccarthy. - Miss mccarthy.
- 我夫人Elizabeth - 大使先生
- My wife elizabeth. - Ambassador.
- 亲自送来了 谢谢 - 给你的 爸爸
- Ah, the man himself. Thank you. - Here you go, dad.
- 谢谢 Daniel - 你不该带着白手套吗?
- Thanks, daniel. - Hey, shouldn't you be wearing white gloves?
去你的 David
Screw you, david.
- 是爱尔兰的吗? - 你说什么
- Is that irish? - Excuse me?
Moynihan 是爱尔兰姓氏吗?
Moynihan, is that an irish name?
盖尔人 最初是苏格兰盖尔人
Gaelic. Originally scottish-gaelic.
但我家...
But my family...
朋友们 有请还记得 42号♥街老样子的长者
My friends, a man who's old enough to remember how 42nd street
Sanford Marks!
Used to be-- sanford marks!
谢谢 市长先生
Thank you, mr. Mayor.
我父亲曾设想过时代广场
My father had a vision for times square
他把想法告诉了我
And he passed it on to me.
西洋镜和按♥摩♥院的位置
Where there are peep shows and massage parlors,
是恢复以往辉煌的百老汇剧院
I see broadway theaters restored to their former glory.
荒废旅馆的位置
And where there are dilapidated hotels,
是闪耀的办公大楼
I see gleaming office towers
一片商业的繁荣景象
Bustling with the important business of this city.
我愿让我父亲深爱的邻里 重新恢复生机
It's my hope I can help breathe life back into this neighborhood that was so dear to my father,
他相信我会完成他的遗愿
A man who placed great trust in me to carry on his legacy.
敬Howard Marks
To howard marks.
David 讲讲你的家族生意
David, tell me about the family business.
Marks集团一直是纽约 极具势力的经济实体吗?
Has the marks organization always been A powerful entity in new york?
我们一直是曼哈顿业主 排名前五六位
We were always in the top five or six Property owners in manhattan.
你对工作感兴趣吗?
Was it work that you were interested in?
Um...
没有
No sir.
- 健康食品店? - 很傻吧?
- A health food store? - Silly, right?
不会啊 很棒呢
No, I-- I think that's great.
- 真的? - 是啊 打算在哪开?
- Really? - Yeah. Where?
可能开在佛蒙特吧
I was thinking in vermont maybe.
你是做什么的?
What do you do?
我想去读医学院
I want to go to medical school,
但我父亲过世了就...
But since my dad died...
讽刺吧 做自己想做的事那么难
It's funny how hard it is just to do what you want, huh?
- 是啊 - 你肯定能做到的
- Yeah. - I bet you could do anything.
俄克拉荷马的风吹过平原
Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
吹拂着小麦
and the waving wheat
风吹过平原
can sure smell sweet
便能闻到小麦的芳香
when the wind comes-- right behind the plains!
我们说 嘿
Then when we say-yyy hey, ayipioeeay!
我们在歌♥唱
电影精选列表