I wasn't before, but I am now.
-准备好什么 -去看看
- For what? - To see it.
她死去的地方
The place she died.
我想让你指给我看
I want you to show me.
为什么
Why?
我得去看看
I need to see it.
那里没什么好看的 弗兰西丝
There is nothing to see there, Frances.
你在怕什么
What are you afraid of?
你什么意思
What'd you mean?
好吧
Ok.
你知道吗 我今晚要睡卡车里
You know what, I'm going to sleep in the trailer tonight.
给艾比
To Abbey.
这是艾比·坎贝尔的
This is Abbey Campbell's?
我也想查清楚这是不是她的
That's what I'm hoping to find out.
我们这儿是有一个刻字笔
Well, we got an engraving pen around here somewhere.
但是这些字母不是手工刻的
But these letters aren't handmade.
这是机器加工的
This is machine tooled.
机器
Machine?
对
Yep.
我的机器刻不了这个
My machine doesn't do engraving.
它不是刻这个的
It won't work like that.
你得找一个有这种
You may have to go someplace that can afford
机器的地方 或许在城里有
that equipment, city maybe.
格林菲尔德 杰里科
格林菲尔德, 杰里科.
那就像大海捞针一样
That'd be like trying to find a needle in a haystack though.
-真希望就这么简单 -怎么说
- Wish it was that easy. - What?
当你把一堆干草扔进一池水里
Where you drop a stack of hay in a tub of water
针就会掉到水底
and the needle will fall to the bottom.
干草会飘到上面
The hay'll float on top.
这主意不错
Hey? Well, ain't that something.
对
Yeah.
最后你就会得到一堆发霉的干草
Then you end up with a pile of moldy hay.
谢谢 汉克
Thanks, Hank.
不客气
Yeah.
这是最后一杯 喝完就滚
It's your last one and you can get out.
雷·杨
Ray Young.
最近怎么样
How you been?
你看上去挺伤心的
You look kind of sad.
他是挺伤心的吧 弟兄们
He look sad, boys?
真伤心啊
Real sad.
我觉得他情绪不稳定啊
Looks kind of fucking moody if you ask me.
可能他大姨妈来了
Maybe he's on his period.
糟了 雷 你在流血吗
Oh shit, Ray, you bleeding?
妈的
Oh shit.
脾气真爆啊
That's a quick temper you got.
刀在你手里
It's your move.
怎么了 雷 你不开心吗
What's the matter, Ray, you off?
事情过去这么久 你还有什么想不开的
What's still eating you after all this time?
雷
Hey Ray.
-最近怎么样 -还好
- How you doing? - Fine.
我听说醉后温柔乡又出事了
I heard there was an incident at the Whispering Pig again.
-你是来抓我的吗 -不是
- You here to take me in? - No.
我不管你们打架的事
I don't care about the fight.
但我一直在想
But it did get me to thinking about
艾比的车停在湖边的事
Abbey's car parked up by that lake.
诺曼有没有告诉你
Did Norman ever tell you
那都是为了掩盖真♥相♥
that it was a cover up?
一个人搞砸了 但是另一个小心的人
Botched up, but still, someone helped someone
却帮他掩盖了车的痕迹
cover up the tracks, a meticulous someone.
你见过灰狼捕猎吗
You ever see a gray wolf on a hunt?
没见过
Can't say that I have.
他们单独的时候不善捕猎
Alone they're not very skilled,
只吃些浆果 抓些老鼠
just picking off berries and rodents.
但他们会团结互助
But you get them in a pack and they work together.
在拉贝尔 一个叫莱尼·本德罗的人
Anyway, there is a sheep farm in Labelle
有一座牧羊场
owned by a fellow named Lenny Bendro.
有一年冬天 莱尼在两周之内
Now one winter Lenny had four lambs
丢了四只小羊 凭空消失
in two weeks gone missing. Vanished.
他设下了所有可能的陷阱
All the traps he set were sprung.
但什么都没抓到
Nothing in them.
最后他把一只羊系在柱子上
So he finally he just he tied a sheep to a post.
然后在它周围设了一圈陷阱
And he planted a ring of traps around her,
离它足够远以不至于伤到它
far enough away that she wouldn't get hurt.
第二天早晨他来的时候 羊还在那里
That morning, when he came out and the sheep was there,
它没有受伤 但鬼哭狼嚎的
she was unharmed, braying and screaming and all kind of hell.
离它不到一米半远的地方
And not five feet away from her
有一只小狼崽被困在一个陷阱里面
was a little wolf puppy in one of the traps.
它的妈妈在旁边舔它的伤口
And standing next to him was his mama licking his wound.
莱尼看到那只狼的整条腿都没了
And Lenny saw that the wolf's leg was all gone to hell
没有别的办法 只能结果它
and there was nothing for it but to get it over with
所以他举起步♥枪♥ 然后瞄准
so he raised his rifle and he sighted in.
砰
Pew.
枪响时 狼妈妈跳起来挡住了小狼崽
And when he fired, the mama wolf leapt in front of her puppy.
她脖子上中了一枪
And she took the bullet in the neck.
还没落地就死了
She was dead before she hit the ground.
总而言之 一旦你需要保护
Bottom line is, when it comes to protection,
你的血亲就会不顾一切的跳出来
nothing loves you like your own flesh and blood.
你有什么要跟我说的吗 雷
You got something to tell me, Ray?
不管是什么我都能帮你 孩子
Whatever it is, I can help you, son.
晚安 艾德
Have a good night, Ed.
我要去学校接利亚姆
I'm going to go pick up Liam from school.
好
Ok.
用我去买♥♥点什么吗
You need anything from the grocery?
不用
No.
-想和我一起去吗 -不了
- Want to come with me? - I'm OK.
我在想我们去钓鱼怎么样
I was thinking we should go fishing.
现在去有点晚吧
Little late in the day, isn't it?
湖景很美的
Lake will be nice.
有时候我见你去过
I see you go sometimes.
-快去做作业 -好吧
- Run and do your homework. - Fine.
弗兰西丝
Frances.
弗兰
Fran?
你得去医院看医生
You need a doctor.
他们去钓鱼了
They went fishing.
弗兰西丝和你哥哥去湖边钓鱼了
Frances and your brother, they went fishing at the lake.
好
Ok.
还有件事 后门得换把新锁了
Another thing, back door needs a new lock.
你知道小屋里那把备用锁放在哪吗
You know where the extra lock that was in the shed is?
雷喝醉了回来找不到钥匙
Ray broke the trailer one.
就把卡车的锁弄坏了
Came home pissed drunk, couldn't find his keys.
我就给他换上了那把备用锁
I had to replace it.
我去汉克那里再买♥♥一个
I'm going to go get another one from Hank's.
雷
Hey, Ray?
你能看着点儿我的鱼竿吗
Can you watch my line?
我要去解个手
Gotta go to the bathroom.
来吧
Come on.
我们走吧
Let's go.
诺曼有跟你提过吗 雷
Did Norman tell you, Ray?
什么
What?
他们在哪发现她的车
Where they found her car.
走吧
Go on.
我们不该来这儿
We should... we shouldn't be here.
走吧
Come on.
我得知道
I need to know.
这里没有标记 甚至没有一个十字架
There's no mark, not even a cross.
通常他们会竖一个十字架的
They usually put up a cross.
你还记得我妈吗
You remember my ma?
她的房♥间里有一把椅子 摇杆扶手
She had this chair in her room with this flower design on it,
上面有花 粉色的 黄色的
pink, yellow, all the things on her rocker.
我们经常坐在摇椅上 当我在看书时
We used to sit and then she pushed
她会来推我 椅子会前后摇晃