剧集 | 是,首相(1986) | 导航列表
Humphrey's very fair-minded, isn't he? Oh, yes, Prime Minister.
如果真有利益冲突 公务员究竟站哪边?
If there were a conflict which side are the Service really on?
赢的那边 首相
The winning side, Prime Minister.
谢谢 比利 我真的很痛心没能支持弗兰克
It was very painful for me not to be able to support Frank's case.
非常令人沮丧 可他肯定会输
Deeply distressing. But he was going to lose.
韦莱那个女人给首相列了一堆问题
And that Wainwright female had suggested
建议不让我们处理自己的加薪计划
that they stop us handling our own pay claims
成立一个议会特选委员会来决定
and let a Select Committee decide on them!
太过分了 接下来政客会以失职为理由
Next thing you'd have is politicians removing civil servants
开除公务员了 这是导火索 就是
on the grounds of incompetence! The thin end of the wedge.
阿诺德 我需要你帮助 显然 弗兰克的计划不合适
Arnold, I need your help. Clearly, Frank's claim is discredited,
但我必须促成加薪 才能巩固我的位置
but I need to get us the pay rise to consolidate my position.
换你会怎么办 你做内阁秘书的时候怎么办的?
What did you do?
你说弗兰克用了通用方案 跟工业对比? 没错
You say Frank used the normal formula? That's right.
你需要加43% 差不多吧
And you need 43%. Hm. Thereabouts.
既然所有相关人员实际上都在伦敦工作
Well, since virtually all the relevant staff work in London,
首先提高伦敦津贴 津贴属于费用
start with a big increase in the London allowance. Allowances count as expenses.
不算薪水 不计入百分比 伦敦津贴
They don't show in the percentage calculation. London allowance.
然后施行学位特别津贴 给一等和二等甲级文凭的人
introduce a graduate allowance for Firsts and Upper Seconds.
帮助招募新人 牛津没有二等甲级
To aid recruitment. Oxford doesn't give Upper Seconds.
牛津的二等至少能算二等甲级
A second at Oxford counts as an Upper Second, at least.
然后把优异功绩奖加倍 这个奖还在吧?
Then you double the Outstanding Merit awards.
对 人人都有
Oh, yes. Everyone.
这也不算加薪 多少了?
They don't count as rises either. Getting there?
只剩18%要加了 从上次开始计算?
That gets us down to only about 18%. Since last time?
别从上次算 从1973年 加薪百分比的顶峰
Then don't calculate from last time. Calculate from 1973
也别算到今年 算到两年后 加薪阶段末期
And don't just take it to this year. Take it up to two years' time
再考虑通货膨胀 应该够了
Correcting for inflation, that should do it.
好极了 现在增幅显得很公正了 可还有个问题
Excellent. The percentage increases will sound all right now
公务员薪金支出总额仍然太高
The overall Civil Service pay bill will still be too high.
简单 缩减公务员规模 什么?
Easy. Reduce the size of the Civil Service. What?!
如果总规模比上次小 个人合理加薪的总额就相应小了
If the service were smaller, a comfortable rise looks smaller.
对 可是缩减公务员规模?
Real reductions in the size of the service?!
这会是我们文明的终结
It would be the end of civilisation as we know it!
不 亲爱的汉弗莱 你只须不再叫他们公务员
No, All you do is stop calling them civil servants.
比如说博物馆吧
Take the museums, for instance.
把它们改成独♥立♥基金 职员就不算公务员了
turn them into trusts, the staff stop being called civil servants.
还是一样的人 做一样的动作 拿政♥府♥拨款
same people doing the same job and still paid by government grants,
但拨款这东西不计入薪酬 除非有人仔细审查
but as it's a grant it doesn't count in the pay statistics.
不然看上去就像削减
it will look like a cutback.
能突然设立这么多基金吗?
Can we set up so many trusts in time?
不需要 只要计划在未来两年内就行
You won't have to. It only has to be planned.
如果最后没达成 没人会要你负责
If it doesn't happen, it won't be your fault.
同时 你应该可以把增幅控制在6%了
you should be able to get the rise to work out at 6% overall.
谢谢 阿诺德 多亏你了 我一向乐意帮忙
Thank you, Arnold. That's a great help. Always happy to oblige.
尤其是生日和授勋临近的时候
Especially with the birthday honours coming up.
要我也跟弗兰克说说吗?
Should I talk to Frank about this, too?
不不 阿诺德 交给我吧 弗兰克问题够多了
Leave it to me. Frank's got a lot of problems coming up.
真的?他可没提到 大概因为他还不知道吧
He hasn't mentioned them. Because he doesn't know about them yet.
而且公务员薪酬大大落后于同等工业职务
Service pay has fallen behind comparable jobs in industry.
什么同等职务?
What comparable jobs?
这个比较方案很复杂 不过多年来都被普遍接受
it's quite complex but it has been accepted for some time.
我知道常任秘书年薪超过45000镑
I understand that a Permanent Secretary earns over ?5,000 a year.
内阁秘书和财政部常任秘书超过51000镑
Permanent Secretary to the Treasury earn in excess of ?1,000.
也许是这样
Um...maybe you're right.
你不知道你挣多少吗 弗兰克? 还是突然忘了?
Don't you know how much you earn or has it slipped your memory?
对 可如果跟工业报酬比...
Yes, but if that's what industry is paying...
你觉得呢 汉弗莱? 这不由我说 首相 我有既得利益
What do you think, Humphrey? It's not for me to say.
弗兰克爵士负责公务员报酬 对吧弗兰克?
Sir Frank is in charge of Civil Service pay.
首相 我能问个问题吗? 好
Prime Minister, may I ask a question? Yes.
弗兰克爵士 你在职位保障方面的减除额是多少?
What deduction do you make for job security?
你说什么? 工业首脑有失业之虞
I beg your pardon? Top people in industry can get sacked.
开除 调走 公♥司♥破产 可你的职位雷打不动
They can go bust, but your jobs are guaranteed.
有得有失嘛 什么失?
There are swings and roundabouts. What roundabouts?
工作时间长 工业里就不长吗?
Long hours. Don't those happen in industry?
工业首脑还得做决定
Industrial leaders must stand by decisions.
公务员也是 真的? 不是大臣做决定嘛
So do civil servants. Really? I thought ministers took decisions.
还担责任 是这么安排的吧? 对 大臣是得做决定
And the blame. Yes, ministers do take the decisions.
公务员得决定如何贯彻
Civil servants must decide how to carry it out.
就像秘书起草一封信 对
Like a secretary laying out a letter. Yes.
不 汉弗莱爵士明白我的意思
No! Um... Sir Humphrey knows what I mean.
得由你说 弗兰克 你负责公务员报酬
It's up to you, Frank. You're in charge of Civil Service pay.
那公益服务成份呢?
What about the service element?
公益服务成份? 什么意思?
Service element? What do you mean?
这份工作有很强的公益性 可不是
The job has a strong element of service. Absolutely.
报酬是巴思爵士 二等勋爵士 骑士勋位 弗兰克爵士
Rewarded by CBs and KCMGs and knighthoods...Sir Frank.
从某种意义上说
To an extent.
首相 也许我们更应该把公务员比作慈善机构董事
shouldn't compare civil servants with directors of charities
而不是工业董事 他们平均年薪17000镑 不是45000
rather than industries. They get ?7,000 a year on average
这个提议有意思 不 我认为...那我们永远招不到人了
That's an interesting proposal. We'd never recruit.
士气会直线下降 汉弗莱爵士肯定同意
Morale would plummet. I'm sure Sir Humphrey would agree.
汉弗莱? 我的意见是
Humphrey? Well, it's my opinion that...
弗兰克爵士负责公务员报酬
..Sir Frank is in charge of Civil Service pay.
我认为首相完全有权得到答复 弗兰克
I do think the Prime Minister is entitled to an answer, Frank.
还有物价指数化退休金问题 对 这个早就有共识了
Then there are indexed pensions. those were agreed a long time ago.
价值非常大 对吧 价值 对 可并不过分
They're of considerable value. Of value, yes, but modest.
这份估价说 买♥♥断一位常任秘书的退休金要65万镑
it would cost ?50,000 to buy back a Permanent Secretary's pension.
荒谬 你估计呢?
Absurd. How do you value it?
大约10万磅 那好 我们做个交易 弗兰克
Er, about ?00,000. In that case, I'll make you a deal, Frank.
由政♥府♥买♥♥断你的退休金 别人乐意出♥售♥也行
The government will buy back your pension
就照你的估价 我们给你10万磅现金 好吗?
at your own valuation. 100,000 in cash for your pension rights?
我说的是...就是随口一说 不可能...
I was talking out of my...off the top of my head.
我自己也没算过
I haven't calculated it myself.
65万这个数字来自保险和退休金精算协会
The figure of ?50,000 comes from the Society of Insurance
对 可当初达成的共识肯定不是这样
Yes, but when it was agreed I'm sure it was nothing like that.
这个主意怎样? 物价指数化退休金和勋位平行
An indexed pension could be an alternative to honours.
每位公务员自行选择 要勋位还是钱
Every civil servant could choose honours or cash.
无稽之谈 为什么?
That's preposterous! Why?
对啊 为什么? 这个 它 它...
Yes, why? Well, it, it, it, it, it...
它会让我们...让他们很为难的 有些已经有勋位了
It would put us put THEM in an impossible position.
简单 他们可以选择放弃勋位还是放弃钱
They could choose whether to renounce their honour or pension
你觉得呢 汉弗莱爵士? 或者阿普比先生?
What do you think, Sir Humphrey? Or will you be Mr Appleby?
我肯定弗兰克爵士已经彻底考虑过了
I'm sure that Sir Frank has gone into this very thoroughly.
还不够彻底 你自己也会赚到不少 对吧?
Not thoroughly enough. You'd stand to gain quite a lot personally.
首相 这不列入考虑
Prime Minister, that is not a consideration.
你乐意你个人被剔除出这次加薪?
You'd be happy to be personally excluded from this rise?
我知道内阁秘书肯定乐意 是吧汉弗莱?
I know the Cabinet Secretary would be.
当然 问题是...本质上 这种先例...
Well, of course, the question is... not as a precedent...
通盘考虑整个公务员系统...
..thinking of the service as a whole...
从 从长远角度来说 原则上要求...
from the long-term point of view... as a matter of principle...
说呀 当然
Go on. Well, of course...
如果...
..IF...
如果...政♥府♥真的相信
..if...the government did believe
高阶人员应该比下属拿得少
that senior people should be paid less than their subordinates,
如果这一原则延伸到内阁大臣和新晋大臣
and if the principle were extended to Cabinet ministers
总之 弗兰克 多谢你过来
Anyway, Frank, thank you very much for coming in.
谢谢您 首相
Thank you, Prime Minister.
你觉得怎样 有点苛刻吧? 不 非常合适而有见地的问题
A bit hard? No. Most proper and penetrating questions.
现在怎么办? 我想跟您私下说一句
What happens now? I'd like a word in private.
我正要走 好 多萝西
I was just going. Good.
真是太感谢你了 亲爱(珍贵)的女士
Thank you very much indeed. Dear lady.
可比不上内阁秘书贵 汉弗莱
Not as dear as a Cabinet Secretary, Humphrey.
首相 我真的很难着手 我痛恨对同僚不忠诚
One does so hate to be disloyal to one's colleagues.
显然你没当过内阁大臣
Clearly you've never been a Cabinet minister!
我一直都觉得 在这种紧张时期 财政部的要求太过分了
I'd felt all along, at a time of stringency, that the Treasury claim was too high.
不符合国家利益 对公务员当然非常好
Not in the nation's interests. Very nice for us,
但一位高度忠诚的内阁秘书很难苟同
but not something the Cabinet Secretary could recommend.
这就是为什么我们不让财政部常任秘书统领公务员
It's why we don't let the Treasury be head of the Civil Service.
所以我擅自拟定了一份低调得多的计划
So I've drawing up a much more modest submission
未来两年内增加11% 高阶人员仅高于平均数
only 11% over two years with the top grades rising the average
其间公务员薪酬支出总额每年只增加6%
剧集 | 是,首相(1986) | 导航列表