温柔的音乐
GENTLE MUSIC
索菲亚:「汤姆和我永远不可能在一起。
SOPHIA: 'Tom and I can never be together.
“我很富有,他很穷。
'I am rich and he is poor.
“这是它的开始和结束。
'That's the beginning and end of it.
“一个年轻人口袋裡的硬币是多麽美好的世界啊。
'What a world that counts the coins in a young man's pocket
“并忽略了他天生的恩典,他的善良。嘿嘿...”
'and ignores his natural grace, his kindness. His...'
她咯咯地笑
SHE GIGGLES
“哦,看看他有多高。好强。
'Oh, see how tall he is. How strong.
“哦,对他的记忆。”
'Oh, the memory of him.'
索菲亚?
Sophia?
你的脸颊潮红,你的胸膛起伏。
Your cheeks flushed and your bosom heaving.
我敢肯定,我的胸膛这辈子都不会起伏过,阿姨。
I'm sure my bosom's never heaved in its life, Aunt.
顺便说一下,我非常真诚地赞同你内心的选择。
I do most sincerely approve of your heart's choice, by the way.
我心中的选择...嗯。
My heart's choice... Mm-hm.
..永远不可能是布利菲尔先生。
..can never be Mr Blifil.
我绝不会让你羞辱你可怜的、死去的父亲的名字
I will never let you disgrace your poor, dead father's name
把自己依附在一个溷蛋身上。
by attaching yourself to a bastard.
乡绅西部:苏菲?你在哪裡,爱?
SQUIRE WESTERN: Sophie? Where are you, love?
你不想让我快乐吗?
Don't you want me to be happy?
我希望你富有而安全。
I want you to be rich and safe.
“所以我的姑姑和祖父坚持要威廉·布利菲尔先生。
'And so my aunt and my grandfather insist upon Mr William Blifil.
“真是浪费他和我的时间。
'What a waste of his time, and mine.
“我甚至不认为他爱我。
'I don't even think he loves me.
“他只是讨厌汤姆钟斯。
'He just hates Tom Jones.'
他清了清嗓子,一个迷人的早晨,西方小姐。
HE CLEARS HIS THROAT A charming morning, Miss Western.
迷人。毫米。
Charming. Mm.
如。。。作为,呃..
As... As, er..
..迷人,就像你自己亲爱的人一样。
..charming as y-your own dear person.
一个我将成为最...
A person that I shall be most...
..很高兴在婚姻中结合时能更好地瞭解。
..gratified to get to know better when we are united in matrimony.
哪。。。一件喜事来得太快。
Which... a happy event cannot come too soon.
你能原谅我吗?
Will you excuse me?
门关闭
DOOR CLOSES
汤姆:看,我知道我的位置。
TOM: Look, I do know my place.
而且我知道西方小姐在各方面都远远超过我。
And I do know Miss Western is far above me in every way.
但是,天父啊,我向你承认,我全心全意地爱她。
But, Father, I confess to you that I love her with all my heart.
好吧,她答应过一个好年轻人,
Well, she's promised to a good young man,
谁,一生,都对你
who, all his life, has treated you
带着兄弟的尊贵和温柔。
with the honour and tenderness of a brother.
好吧,我相信她爱我。
Well, I believe she loves me.
你知道,我相信她不会同意嫁给布利菲尔的。
You know, I believe she will not consent to marry Blifil.
乡绅西方向我保证她已经同意了。
Squire Western assures me she has consented already.
决定已经做出。
The decision's made.
她将成为布利菲尔太太,呃,你必须学会把她当作姐妹。
She will be Mrs Blifil and, er, you must learn to see her as a sister.
乡绅西部:害怕,我知道。你的祖母也是一样。
SQUIRE WESTERN: Frightened, I know. Your grandmother was the same.
一想到新婚之夜就呜咽。
Whimpering at the thought of her wedding night.
但当一切都结束时,她说并没有那麽糟糕。
But when it was all over, she said it wasn't that bad.
现在,擦乾那双眼睛,苏菲,你很清楚
Now, dry those eyes, Sophie, for you well know
你的幸福是我在世界上所关心的一切。
your happiness is all I care for in the world.
祖父,那就怜悯吧,因为我不能和布利菲尔先生住在一起。
Then show mercy, Grandfather, for I cannot live with Mr Blifil.
但你爱上了他!你自己的阿姨是这麽告诉我的。
But you're in love with him! Your own aunt told me so.
她错了。错?她怎麽会错呢?
She is wrong. Wrong? How can she be wrong?
她是你的长辈,也是你的好人!
She is your elder and your better!
我不同意这场比赛。足够!你这个傻姑娘!
I do not consent to this match. Enough! You silly girl!
来吧,狗。范妮,来吧。范妮,来吧。
Come on, dogs. Fanny, come. Fanny, come on.
我不知道这个家庭的女人有什麽。
I don't know what gets into the women of this family.
他们每个人都比我的狗更麻烦。
Every one of them more trouble than my dogs.
他喃喃自语
HE MUTTERS
啊!
Ah!
如果我等到她祖母的同意,
If I'd waited for her grandmother's consent,
我还是单身汉。
I'd be a bachelor still.
而且是一个快乐的。
And a happy one.
汤姆,给她一些感觉,我们将成为一辈子的朋友。
Knock some sense into her, Tom, and we shall be friends for life.
他轻笑
HE CHUCKLES
哦,不,不要进来。
Oh, no, don't come in here.
你爷爷派我来的。
Your grandfather sent me.
哦,不,我看起来很糟糕!
Oh, no, I look awful!
不。
No.
你看上去很漂亮。
You look beautiful.
她轻笑
SHE CHUCKLES
当我把它给你时,蕾丝是白色的。
The lace was white when I gave it to you.
从那以后,它就一直在我的口袋裡。我不忍♥心与它分开。
It's been in my pocket ever since. I can't bear to be parted from it.
等等,你说是我爷爷派你来的吗?
Wait, did you say my grandfather sent you?
他认为我可以说服你嫁给布利菲尔。
He thinks that I can persuade you to marry Blifil.
我欠祖父一切。
I owe my grandfather everything.
他知道我永远不忍♥心让他不开心。
He knows I can never bear to make him unhappy.
只有我们两个人。
There's only ever been the two of us.
但现在有我们两个人。
But now there's the two of us.
你和我。
You and me.
还有我们面前的世界。
And the world before us.
没有你,我不能住在裡面。
And I cannot live in it without you.
没有你,我也没有。
Nor I without you.
威廉:也许她只是害羞。
WILLIAM: Perhaps she's merely shy.
嗯,可能。
Mm. Possibly.
它。。。年轻新娘紧张是理所当然的。
It's... It's only right and proper for a young bride to be nervous.
汤姆会把她整理出来。
Tom'll sort her out.
汤姆?!汤姆?!
Tom?! Tom?!
一个吻。
One kiss.
一。
One.
乡绅西部:我会把他串起来的!
SQUIRE WESTERN: I'll string him up!
钟斯!把你的髒爪子从她身上拿下来!
Jones! Get your dirty paws off her!
吊死对他来说太好了!
Hanging's too good for him!
他呼气
HE EXHALES
我以后再处理你,你这个小。
I'll deal with you later, you little minx.
不!爷爷,请不要把我锁在裡面!
No! Please don't lock me in, Grandfather, don't!
爷爷!
Grandfather!
她愤怒地哼了一声
SHE GRUNTS ANGRILY
她抽泣着
SHE SOBS
叛徒!诱惑!
Traitor! Seducer!
私生子!
Bastard!
韦斯特先生,先生...
Mr Western, sir...
把他宠坏了,你们这麽多!
Spoiled him rotten, the lot of you!
我的孙女傻瓜
My fool of a granddaughter
爱上了你这个溷蛋的溷蛋!
has fallen in love with your bastard of a bastard!
天哪,没有。
Good Lord, no.
我抓到她亲吻小偷小人!
I caught her kissing the thieving villain!
在我的奖盃室里!他应该为此而绞死!
In my trophy room! He should hang for it!
威廉,你告诉我西方小姐已经接受了你?
William, you told me Miss Western had accepted you?
通过一点点歎息和少女令牌,她做到了。
By little sighs and maidenly tokens, she did.
我发誓,我不会有其他女婿。
And I swear, I will have no other son-in-law.
威廉也必须自♥由♥选择。
William must also choose freely.
他可能不再认为她了...合适。
He may no longer think her... suitable.
你能一天不造成溷乱吗?
Can you go a single day without causing mayhem?
他叹了口气
HE SIGHS
看起来不像,是吗?
Doesn't look like it, does it?
永远是你自己最大的敌人。
Always your own worst enemy.
他叹了口气
HE SIGHS
我会怜悯...
I will take pity...
..在一个误入歧途的灵魂和...
..on a misguided soul and...
引导我的妻子充分认识她的罪。
guide my wife to a full understanding of her sins.
是的!
Yes!
不!
No!
只要婚礼比迈克尔马斯早。
So long as the wedding shall be sooner than Michaelmas.
早多了。明天。
Much sooner. Tomorrow.
哦,亲爱的。呃,也许,呃,后天。
Oh, dear. Er, perhaps, er, day after tomorrow.
凯♥旋♥的抱怨
TRIUMPHANT GRUMBLE
你对他说得对,威廉。始终。
You've been right about him, William. All along.
汤姆·琼斯已经证明自己不值得我信任他。
Tom Jones has proved himself unworthy of the trust I put him in.
你对那位小姐的追求,
Your pursuit of that young lady,
违背我的明确命令,一直是罪犯,汤姆。
against my express commands, has been criminal, Tom.