索菲亚:「女人可以达到最低潮
SOPHIA: 'A woman can reach her lowest ebb
“永远不知道黑夜即将结束。
'and never know that the dark night is ending.
“一个人可以面对失败和流放,然后回来战斗......”
'That a man can face defeat and exile and come back fighting...'
足够。'..最后一次。
Enough. '..one last time.
“汤姆曾经放弃过我。
'Tom gave up on me once.
“可是现在...
'But now...
'..我已经放弃了他。扑通
'..I've given up on him.' THUMP
脚步声接近
FOOTSTEPS APPROACH
锁嘎嘎声
LOCK RATTLES
关起来了!我转身的那一刻!
Locked up! The minute I turn my back!
哦,阿姨,我这辈子从来没有这麽高兴过见到一个人!
Oh, Aunt, I was never so glad to see a person in my life!
见到我不要高兴。
Don't be glad to see me.
我和我哥哥一样和你在一起。
I'm just as cross with you as my brother is.
虽然更是和他交过。天啊,白♥痴♥男人的暴♥政♥!
Though even more cross with him. God, the tyranny of idiot menfolk!
索菲亚,你在想什麽?
Sophia, what were you thinking?
我声称这是最简单的英国乡村女孩所享有的自♥由♥。
That I claim the freedom enjoyed by the simplest English village girl.
同意的自♥由♥。
The freedom to consent.
嗯。
Hmm.
我的意思是,孩子,你到底对你的头髮做了什麽?
I mean, child, what on earth have you done to your hair?
荣誉被抛在了后面。毫米。
Honour got left behind. Mm.
吹口哨贝琪!嘿!
WHISTLE Betsy! Hey!
托米库斯?妈妈,是汤姆! 汤姆来了!
Tommicus? Mamma, it's Tom! Tom's here!
不嘘! 妈不想见我。
No, no, no, hush! Your mother doesn't want to see me.
我需要见南丁格尔,我需要他的説明。
I need to see Nightingale, I need his help.
钟斯先生。你今天早上在哪裡...
Mr Jones. Where were you this morning...
..当我需要一个伴郎时?
..when I needed a best man?
汤姆,我嫁给了南希!
Tom, I'm married to Nancy!
他笑了
HE LAUGHS
所以你不仅强行绑♥架♥了孩子
So not only did you abduct the child forcibly
违反我的明确指示
against my express instructions
并像童话故事中的怪物一样囚禁她......
and imprison her like some monster in a fairy tale...
“或者,”所有人都欢呼我的英雄兄弟,因为她把她从某种毁灭中拯救出来。
Or, "All hail my hero brother, for rescuing her from certain ruin."
你也设法失去了唯一的女僕
You also managed to lose the only maidservant
旧英格兰的长度和宽度
the length and breadth of olde England
能做她的头髮!
capable of doing her hair!
你仍然希望她找到一个丈夫。
And still you expect her to find a husband.
感激,我当然是。
Grateful, of course I am.
你们都来伦敦找我,我很安全。
You've both come to London to find me, and I am safe.
责任,是的,责任当然很重要。
And duty, yes, of course duty is important.
但爱也是如此。
But so is love.
我想出于对你的爱,以及出于责任,
And I want to act from love for you, as well as from duty,
这就是为什麽我说,亲爱的祖父,我被说服了......
and that is why I say, dear Grandfather, I am persuaded...
所以你会嫁给布利菲尔先生吗?
So you will marry Mr Blifil?
..永远不要结婚。
..never to marry at all.
哎呀!
Urgh!
我会和你呆在家裡,永远照顾你。
I shall stay home with you and look after you forever.
爱与责任并存,你没看到吗?
Love and duty together, do you not see?
年轻女性必须结婚!还是什麽?
Young women must marry! Or what?
否则天塌下来了!
Or the sky will fall in!
呃。
Urgh.
我没有花大价钱把你从牙买♥♥加带回来,
I did not bring you back from Jamaica, at vast expense,
让你塑造和死亡一个旋转者!
for you to moulder and die a spinster!
你会死的,你这个顽固的傻瓜。
You'll catch your death, you obstinate fool.
你终生未娶。
You never married.
那是不同的。第一,我有自己的钱。
That was different. One, I had money of my own.
第二,我不是我的最后一行。
Two, I was not the last of my line.
这就是他把我带回英国的原因。
That's why he brought me back to England.
製作新一代西部片。
To produce a new generation of Westerns.
生儿育女继承家族,是啊,还有什麽?
To bear children to carry on the family line, yes, what else?
布利菲尔先生的孩子?我怎麽能忍♥受呢?
Mr Blifil's children? How can I bear them?
我怎样才能爱他们?我不知道,是吗?
How can I love them? I don't know, do I?
这就是母亲所做的。
It's just what mothers do.
好吧,我从来不认识我的母亲。
Well, I never knew my mother.
索菲亚。
Sophia.
你必须嫁给别人。
You've got to marry someone.
我现在是这所房♥子的男人
I am the man of this house now
我命令你应该把你的旧房♥间拿回来。
and I decree that you should have your old room back.
你的另一个问题我也可以解决。
Your other problem I can also fix.
如果你想确定B夫人不会告诉索菲亚......
If you want to be sure that Lady B will not tell Sophia...
你要麽得让她值得...
you either have to make it worth her while...
我不能再去她的床上了,那就错了。
I can't go to her bed again, it would be wrong.
整个事情从一开始就是错误的。
The whole thing has been wrong since the beginning.
..或。。。叫她虚张声势。
..or... call her bluff.
告诉她,你和她一样害怕她会失去名誉。
Tell her that you share her terror that she'll lose her reputation.
提议让她成为一个诚实的女人。
Propose to make an honest woman out of her.
她会意识到你只想要她的财富,
She'll realise that you only want her fortune,
而且你不会看到她的灰尘。我不要她的财富。
and you won't see her for dust. I don't want her fortune.
如果她答应了呢?
What if she says yes?
他嘶吼 不要自吹自擂,钟斯!
HE SNORTS Don't flatter yourself, Jones!
这将是残酷的。那位女士说她爱我。
It would be cruel. The lady said she loves me.
愚蠢的老蝙蝠。
Silly old bat.
她已经过了恋爱的年龄。继续!
She's well past the age of love. Go on!
写信给她。
Write to her.
如果。。。如果我能吸引她更好的本性......
If... If I could appeal to her better nature...
这位女士已经表明她没有。
The lady's already shown she hasn't got one.
“因为你的荣誉对我来说就像一个......”
"As your honour is as dear to me as a..."
“作为我自己的。”
"As my own."
“我渴望永远称你为我的。
Mm. "I long to call you mine forever."
我做不到。
I can't do this.
这不是真的。错了。
It's not true. It's wrong.
它。。。太丑了。
It's... It's ugly.
完成工作。
Finish the job.
决定早上想用它做什麽。
Decide what you want to do with it in the morning.
“因为你的荣誉对我来说和我自己的荣誉一样珍贵......
"As your honour is as dear to me as my own...
"..相信我,当我向你保证我永远不会完全快乐时......
"..believe me when I assure you I can never be completely happy...
"..没有你慷慨地赋予我合法权利......
"..without you generously bestowing on me the legal right...
"..永远称你为我的。
"..of calling you mine forever."
“贝拉斯顿夫人...
"Lady Bellaston...
嫁给我吧。”
"marry me."
乡绅西部:我有一个儿子。
SQUIRE WESTERN: One son I had.
而你就是我只剩下他了。
And you're all I got left of him.
告诉我。。。关于她。
Tell me... about her.
我从未见过你的母亲。
I never met your mother.
什麽都行...一个名字,或者...
Anything at all... a name, or...
你父亲的女儿。他的名字对你来说应该足够了。
Your father's daughter. His name should be enough for you.
神!但事实并非如此。
God! It is not, though.
这还不够。
It is not enough.
贝内巴。这一切都已成为过去。
Beneba. It's all in the past.
我们任何人对她的瞭解都是在他的遗嘱中,
All any of us know about her is that in his will,
当你父亲释放你时,
when your father freed you,
他称你为「我的女儿和那个叫贝内巴的奴隶」。
he called you "my daughter with the slave known as Beneba."
贝内巴。毫米。
Beneba. Mm.
外面的马嘎嘎声
HORSE NICKERS OUTSIDE
天啊。
Oh, God.
我的夫人。
My lady.
我看到我把我的感情浪费在一个无情的小丑身上。
I see I have wasted my affection on a heartless joker.
你肯定比这麽想更瞭解我。
Surely you know me better than to think so.
我有这样的傻瓜吗
Am I such a fool
我应该把我的全部财富交到你的权力中吗?
that I should deliver my entire fortune into your power?
称呼你为丈夫并屈服于你的命令?
To call you husband and bow to your commands?
我的夫人...
My lady...
我的夫人,这是我从未寻求过的荣誉。
My lady, that is an honour I never sought.
我写了一封信,但不打算寄出。
A letter I wrote, but did not intend to send.
原谅我,并相信在我所有的日子里,
Forgive me, and believe that in all my days,
我从不...我从来没有想过要伤害你。
I never... I never meant to hurt you.
钟斯先生,我现在知道你是一个毫无价值的恶棍,
I know you now, Mr Jones, as a worthless villain,
我从灵魂里鄙视你。
and I despise you from my soul.
走。
Walk.
乡绅西部:她必须嫁给某人!
SQUIRE WESTERN: She must wed somebody!
虽然她还有一点名声可以交易,
While she still has a scrap of reputation to trade,