鸟鸣,昆虫嗡嗡作响
BIRDSONG, INSECTS HUM
“从前,在快乐的英格兰,住着一位老绅士。
'Once upon a time in merrie England, there lived an old gentleman
谁像夏日一样快乐。
'who was as happy as the summer days were long.
“他善良、睿智、慷慨。
'He was kind and wise and generous.
“我有没有提到有钱?非常富有。
'And did I mention rich? Very rich.
“每个人都喜欢乡绅。甚至他的僕人。
'Everyone loved the squire. Even his servants.
“但没有人比一个不知从哪裡来的男孩更爱他。
'But no-one loved him better than a boy from nowhere.'
僕人咯咯笑
SERVANTS GIGGLE
“一个没有父母的男孩。
'A boy without parents.
“一个叫汤姆的男孩。”
'A boy called Tom.'
我的汤姆钟斯。
My Tom Jones.
“来自任何地方的男孩和一个来自世界另一端的女孩。
'The boy from nowhere and a girl from the other side of the world.
他们从此可以过上幸福的生活。
'They could just live happily ever after.
“但那一点也不好玩。
'But that would be no fun at all.
“因为我没有故事可讲。
'For I would have no story to tell.
“从头开始
'To begin at the beginning
'是在我穿越广袤大洋之前开始的
'is to begin before I crossed the wide ocean
“让这些绿色的山丘成为我的家。
'to make these green hills my home.
“那麽让我们从那位和蔼可亲的老先生开始,
'So let's begin with that kind old gentleman,
'20 英国夏天前。
'20 English summers ago.
“他的名字是乡绅约翰·奥尔沃西。
'His name is Squire John Allworthy.
“今晚,他将做出一个改变他生活的选择。
'And tonight, he'll make a choice that will change his life.
“天堂大厅降临的黑夜,
'A dark night falling at Paradise Hall,
“乡绅及时回家
'and the squire just home in time
“为了他自己领地的温暖和安全。
'to the warmth and safety of his own domain.
“在经历了许多悲伤的损失之后,他已经习惯了孤独的床。
'Where he's grown accustomed to a lonely bed after many sad losses.'
欢迎回到天堂大厅,乡绅。
Welcome home to Paradise Hall, Squire.
很晚了,和你们一起睡觉。
It's late, away to bed with you all.
我相信你今天已经工作了足够长的时间。
I'm sure you've worked long enough today.
按照你的吩咐去做!
Do as you're told!
主啊,感谢你赐予天堂堂的和平与宁静。
Thank you, Lord, for the peace and quiet of Paradise Hall.
婴儿咕
BABY COOS
主啊,在悲伤中,我为我可怜的已故妻子的灵魂祈祷,
And, Lord, in sorrow, I pray for the souls of my poor departed wife,
还有我们的襁褓中的孩子。
and our infant children.
而且,呃,我祈祷有一天...婴儿用品
And, er, I pray that one day... BABY FUSSES
..我将在天堂与他们团聚。
..I shall be reunited with them in heaven.
婴儿咕
BABY COOS
阿门。
Amen.
啊!
Ah!
钟声响
BELL JANGLING
“和你们一起去睡觉。”哼!整天站着。
"Away to bed with you all." Huh! Been on my feet all day.
哦,我的主。她喘着粗气
Oh, my Lord. SHE GASPS
哦,我很抱歉,一会儿。
Oh, I'm so sorry, one moment.
我这辈子从来没有看过一个没有辫子的绅士。
Never in my life had to look at a gentleman without his britches.
看,黛博拉。上帝的礼物。
Look, Deborah. A gift from God.
哦!好天!
Oh! Good heavens!
把臭文章给我,
Give the smelly article to me,
我会把它放在篮子里,放在教堂门口。
and I'll stick it in a basket and leave it at the church door.
早上,你会发现我的小傢伙是一名护士。
In the morning, you will find my little one a nurse.
她喘着粗气 你永远也留不住吧?
SHE GASPS You're never gonna keep it?
先生!你姐姐会怎麽说?
Sir! What will your sister say?
我亲爱的兄弟...你永远留不住他?
My dear brother... You're never going to keep him?
他是按照神的形象造的,就像我们所有人一样。
He was made in the image of God, just like we all were.
先生,我们不是留在无辜绅士床上的溷蛋,
We, sir, are not bastards left in the beds of innocent gentlemen,
通过小号♥。
by strumpets.
看看他的小脸。
Look at his little face.
必须找到母亲,约翰。
The mother must be found, John.
一些可怜的女孩被一个邪恶的恶棍背叛了......
Some poor girl betrayed by a wicked villain...
她把他留在我们身边,布裡奇特,为了更好的生活。
She left him with us, Bridget, for the chance of a better life.
威尔金斯太太可以去村裡找他的母亲。
Mrs Wilkins can go to the village and find his mother.
她很快就被发现了。
'She was found in no time.
“一个异常书卷气的女孩,
'An unusually bookish girl,
“乡村学校老师的女僕。”
'housemaid to the village school teacher.'
在县裡所有的女孩中,
Of all the girls in the county,
在小巴丁顿的所有女孩中,
of all the girls in Little Baddington,
你,珍妮·钟斯,聪明的那个,主日学的女孩,
you, Jenny Jones, the clever one, the Sunday School girl,
正在学习拉丁语的人。
the one who is learning Latin.
如果你愿意,把我锁在矫正院裡。
Lock me away in the House Of Correction if you like.
你知道,作为一名地方法官,我有能力做到这一点。
You know, it is in my power as a magistrate to do exactly that.
只是不要让我告诉你他的父亲是谁。我不能。我不会的。
Just don't ask me to tell you who his father is. I can't. I won't.
派特裡奇先生,你的僱主,肯定会受到指责
Mr Partridge, your employer, will certainly get the blame
除非你承认真♥相♥。
unless you confess the truth.
我不确定他是谁,先生。可能是任何人。
I'm not sure who he was, sir. Could have been anybody.
他们喘着粗气珍妮钟斯,
THEY GASP Jenny Jones,
对你这样做的恶棍,不管他是谁...
the villain who did this to you, whoever he was...
汤姆是个好名字。汤玛斯钟斯。
Tom's a nice name. Thomas Jones.
..必须为他的罪行付出代价。
..must pay for his crimes.
嗯?珍妮?
Hm? Jenny?
你真的没有什麽要对我说的吗?
Do you really have nothing more to say to me?
欧姆尼亚文奇特爱。
Omnia vincit amor.
“爱征服一切。”
'Love conquers all.'
这就是你可怜的母亲离开时说的话,小汤姆,
That's what your poor mother said as she left, little Tom,
有一个幸福的结局。
and there's a happy ending.
」还没有。
'Not yet.
“我们还没有听到珍妮·琼斯的最后一声。
'We've not heard the last of Jenny Jones.
“而且她不是天堂大厅唯一的女人
'And she was not the only woman at Paradise Hall
“呵护一个浪漫的秘密。”
'nursing a romantic secret.'
哦,麻烦来了。
Oh, here comes trouble.
底波拉,主要求我们好好想想他所有的创造。
Deborah, the Lord asks us to think well of all His creation.
主可以问他喜欢的一切。
The Lord can ask all He likes.
哦,布利菲尔船长。意外的乐趣。
Oh, Captain Blifil. An unexpected pleasure.
Allworthy先生,您的行为是县裡的话题
Mr Allworthy, your conduct is the talk of the county
先生,用最强烈的措辞,
and in the strongest possible terms, sir,
我反对!
I object!
一个没有父亲的无名小卒!他已经有了父亲。
A fatherless nobody! He has acquired a father.
他已经收♥购♥了我。我不会拥有它,天哪!
He has acquired me. I won't have it, by heaven!
尊敬的布利菲尔上尉,我们只认识了五分钟。
With respect, Captain Blifil, we've only known each other five minutes
所以我几乎不认为这取决于你。
so I hardly think it's up to you.
难道我对家庭的道德没有发言权吗?
Am I to have no say in the morals of the family into which
我打算结婚?
I intend to marry?
嫁?
Marry?
她已经过了40岁了!而他只是在追求她的财富。
She's past 40! And he's only after her fortune.
牧师:亲爱的。
VICAR: Dearly beloved.
我们今天聚集在这裡,在上帝的眼前...
We are gathered here today in the sight of God...
女人尖叫
WOMAN SCREAMING
最好是个男孩。
It had better be a boy.
“威廉·布利菲尔(William Blifil)就是这样很少获得乡村庄园的。
'And that's how little William Blifil acquired a country estate.
小汤姆钟斯得到了一个玩伴。
'And little Tom Jones acquired a playmate.'
哦不。
Oh, no.
“有点。”
'Of sorts.'
我的要求很简单。老公,你知道答桉。
My demand is simple enough. Husband, you know the answer.
布利菲尔船长,再一次,你的儿子是我的继承人,
Captain Blifil, once more, your son is my heir,
并有朝一日成为天堂之主。
and will one day be Lord of Paradise Hall.
我要你进一步的保证
I want your further guarantee
那个溷蛋永远只能是他的僕人。
that the bastard shall only ever be his servant.
我们不能让男孩们成为朋友吗?哦,男孩们,不!
Can we not let the boys be friends? Oh, boys, no!
儿童哭泣
CHILD CRYING
没错,我的儿子,给负责的小杜♥鹃♥看看。
That's right, my son, show the little cuckoo who's in charge.
鸟杜♥鹃♥杜♥鹃♥!哈哈!
BIRD CUCKOOS Cuckoo! Ha-ha!
咔......杜♥鹃♥。他瞎了
Cuck... Cuckoo. HE CHOKES
哦,好的主!
Oh, good Lord!
船长,布利菲尔上尉,先生。
Captain, Captain Blifil, sir.
船长。船长。船长。
Captain. Captain. Captain.
孩子们,从现在开始,你们既要做朋友,又要做表兄弟。
Boys, from now on, you shall be friends as well as cousins.
威廉。汤姆。
William. Tom.
让这个地球上的任何东西将你分开。
Let nothing on this Earth divide you.
汤姆钟斯...你是一个相当...讨厌。。。
Tom Jones... you're a rather... nasty...
野生。。。小。。。男孩。
wild... little... boy.
“残忍♥。冷漠。
'Cruelty. Indifference.
“可怜的小傢伙。想想他在树林裡徘徊。
'Poor little fellow. Think of him wandering through the woods.