-“快了 我的宝贝...” -你从哪里找到的
- "Not long now, my sweetheart..." - Where did you get that?
“我马上就只属于你一个人了
"Not long now until I'm yours and yours alone,
"不出多久莱纳德就会跟我永别 不再碍事了
"Not long until Leonard is gone forever, out of my way for good.
可怜的傻莱纳德 如羊羔一般天真
"Poor stupid Leonard, as innocent as a lamb.
可羊羔肉一直是我的最爱”
"Well, lamb was always my favourite meat."
请还给我 那是我的
Please, give that to me, it is mine.
“易如反掌 我最后饰演的角色”
"So simple, so easy. My last theatrical role."
我说了 请还给我
I said, please give it to me.
-“这将是我...” -那是我的 快还给我
- This will be my... - It is mine! Please give it to me now!
“这将是我最精彩的演出 而且马上 亲爱的
"This will be my greatest performance and soon, my darling,
"马上 我就自♥由♥了 在你的臂弯中
"Soon, my love, I will be free, in your arms.
"在你的手掌间
"Your hands on me,
"在你的双唇下
"Your mouth on me.
"我要为你燃烧”
"Oh, how I burn for you."
莱纳德·沃尔 如羊羔一般天真[无辜]
Leonard Vole. As innocent as a lamb.
从她的嘴里说出
From her own mouth.
你那晚没去剧场排练 对吗
You didn't go to theatrical digs that night, did you?
你去了黑修士的克罗斯基斯酒店
You went to the Cross
去见你的情夫
Keys hotel at Blackfriars to meet your lover.
那晚门房♥宣誓作证
The night porter will go on oath
早上你就到了酒店
that you arrived at one in the morning
在楼上的套房♥
and went upstairs to a suite where,
他很确定有人在等你
he was assured, you were expected.
你为什么想要莱纳德·沃尔死
Why would you want Leonard Vole dead?
你为什么要让这个年轻人
Why would you want to send this young man to the gallows
因他并未犯下的罪上绞刑架
for a murder he did not commit?
因为莱纳德·沃尔是唯一知道
Because Leonard Vole is the only person who knows
如果你要嫁给你的情妇
that if you marry your lover, which you so clearly long to do,
你犯了重婚罪
you will be a bigamist.
肃静
Silence!
海格尔并不是继承自你挚爱的父亲
Heilger is not the name of your beloved father,
你那在1914年侵略战争中被杀害的父亲
killed with your mother during the invasion of 1914.
那是个谎言
That was a lie.
海格尔是你丈夫的姓
Heilger is the name of the husband you already have.
这就是你和莱纳德·沃尔没结婚的原因
That is why you and Leonard Vole never married.
我的当事人 有些...
And my client, through some...
误入歧途 但他是位可敬的绅士
misguided but honourable chivalry,
选择为你忍♥辱负重
chose to keep your shame to himself.
你在法庭上撒谎 在誓约之下撒谎
You have lied to the court. You have lied under oath.
理应接受惩罚
There is a penalty for that.
等着付出代价吧
Expect to pay it.
-你们这些男人 -拿下她
- You men. - Take her down.
你们这些男人
You men.
你们这些男人 该死的男人
You men. You fucking men!
该死的男人
You fucking men!
-你们这些男人 -秩序 -你们这些男人 -秩序
- You men! - Order! - You fucking men! - Order!
-你们这些该死的男人 -秩序
- You fucking men! - Order!
你们这些该死的男人
You fucking men!
你是唇语专家吗 斯塔林先生
Are you an expert in lip reading, Mr Starling?
-不是 -当你透过窗户看到莱纳德·沃尔
- No. - So when you observed Leonard Vole and Mrs French
和弗伦奇夫人 你并不知道他们说了什么
through your office window, you can't tell what she said to him?
她是否告诉了他你们为什么见面
Whether she told him the purpose of your meeting or not?
我不知道
No.
莱纳德坦率地承认他去见弗伦奇夫人
Leonard Vole freely admitted he went to visit Mrs French
是为了送她给猫用的猫形刷子
to take her a present of a cat-shaped brush for her cat.
你在搜索房♥子的时候找到了这件物品了吗
Did you find such an item in your search of the house?
是的
Yes.
莱纳德·沃尔 如羊羔一般无辜
So Leonard Vole, who is as innocent as a lamb,
一直对我们坦诚相待
was telling the truth.
我清楚地看见了他 我看见他离开了那房♥子
I saw him as bright as day. I saw him leave the house.
那是不可能的 麦金泰尔小姐
But you can't have done, Miss McIntyre,
除非你提前从教堂活动抽身回来
unless you returned from your church meeting
而不是在你之前描述的时间回来
earlier than you previously stated,
而那时 弗伦奇夫人还活着
at which point, Mrs French was still alive.
当时已经九点半了 那人就是他
It was half past nine and it was him!
沃尔先生当时在家 麦金泰尔小姐
Mr Vole was at home, Miss McIntyre.
你是想说我疯了吗
Are you trying to say I'm mad?
还是想说我能看见... 一些东西
Are you trying to say I'm seeing...things?
麦金泰尔小姐 控方是否在指导你的回答
Has the prosecution been coaching you on your answers, Miss McIntyre?
艾米莉·弗伦奇夫人的谋杀案的确骇人听闻 残忍♥至极
The murder of Mrs Emily French was a terrible, brutal crime
但该案凶手不是莱纳德·沃尔
but it wasn't committed by Leonard Vole.
当庭的证据都是间接的
The evidence here is circumstantial,
是建立在猜测和妒忌上的
fueled by speculation and jealousy.
希望警方能直接忽略这些证据
And the police should have seen through it straightaway.
然而莱纳德·沃尔无辜入狱 遭到殴打
Yet Leonard Vole has been imprisoned, he has been beaten,
他的名誉和声望遭到诋毁
his name, his reputation traduced,
国人的诽谤 法律的轻视 都对他造成伤害
every calumny of the state, the law, visited upon him.
绞刑的威胁
The threat of death by hanging
时时刻刻折磨着他 他是个无辜的人啊
haunting his every waking moment, an innocent man.
老天 这是什么世道啊
Good God, what world is this?
陪审团各位
Gentlemen of the jury,
莱纳德·沃尔所承受的最大侮辱
the greatest contumely that Leonard Vole has endured
就是这种畸形 残酷
is the monstrous, vicious,
无尽的恶毒背叛...
infinite, heinous perfidy...
...女人的背叛
...Of women!
莱纳德已获准离开法庭了
Leonard has left the court.
而你...
You, however...
...会以作伪证被起诉 你要坐牢了
...Will be charged with perjury and go to prison.
你失去了事业 尽管也不过如此
You've lost your career, such as it was.
失去了爱人
You've lost your lover
还有那个比他更蠢的爱上你的男人
and the man who more fool him, loved you.
那么...
So...
...现在是谁更容易受伤
...Who's easy to hurt now?
是你 你
You. You!
-看看你干的好事 -好了 好了 别这样
- What you've done! - All right, all right, come on.
都是你的错
The blood's on your hands!
冷静点 麦金泰尔女士
Calm down, Ms McIntyre!
-你的错 -冷静 -你的错
- Your hands! - Calm down! - Your hands!
你的错
Your hands!
约翰
John?
约翰
John?
医生说你是支气管炎
It's bronchitis, according to the doctor.
他说他都不知道你是怎么撑了这么久的
He says he doesn't know how you kept going.
我说"他是约翰·梅休 他就是能撑"
I said, "Well, that's John Mayhew for you. He just keeps going."
给
Here.
我在这儿待了多久了
How long have I been here?
四天
Four days.
-四天了 -别 别动 钱都付了
- Four days? - No, no. It's covered.
我把钱都付了
It's all covered.
你再待多久都行
For as long as you need.
银行现在很喜欢我
The bank likes me now.
我要出国了
I'm going abroad.
不知道我还能不能留在英国
I don't know if I can stay in England.
毕竟发生了那么多
It's too much, you know?
我在想...
I wonder if...
等您身体好转 能不能帮我个忙
when you're better, you could do something for me.
把那房♥子卖♥♥了
Sell the house.
我不会 也不能住在那了
I won't live there, I couldn't.
给你40%的佣金怎么样
Shall we say 40% commission?
你真是慷慨
That's too generous.
我的命都是你救的 约翰·梅休
I owe you my life, John Mayhew.
我的命
My life.
我在想一件事
There is one thing that's worrying me.
我想我应该跟珍妮特达成和解
I think I should make a settlement for Janet.
财务和解吗
Financial settlement?
她失去了一切 她的家 工作...
She's lost everything. Her home, her job...
我能帮她
I could help her.
当然是匿名的
Anonymously, of course.
不行
No.
好吧 我听你的
Well, I'll be guided by you.